Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3441424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Lautaro Martinez

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    I think he was compared with Aguero and Batistuta. Kid, step up,otherwise you soon will be compared with Higuain of late. That penalty was already on Higuain's level.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

Sweden

He kinda reminds me of Oba, just better naturally. Obviously his lack of balance can be solved, but solve it NOW!

Vatican

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    I understand that he has some blame in our failure to advance in the cup, but you're being too harsh on the kid.

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    I understand that he has some blame in our failure to advance in the cup, but you're being too harsh on the kid.
    I agree, although at the same time I hope he realizes that he has to learn fast how to properly react to stressful situations and be more cynical.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

5. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Dylan, MVD

Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Biscione View Post
    he;s inching towards a turd territory
    Turd territory
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Palacio

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    The thing is i knew he was gonna miss, he plays to care-free in my opinion, looks like someone who knows he is gonna miss or doesn't care that he will. There is no reason that he is not involved more in the gameplay, passing and running through spaces, pressing the Lazio defenders. He will miss chances like any striker will and up to a point in a year or two if he still missing them then there is a problem with his finishing but right now he has to involve himself more when he comes on.

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by _OC_ View Post
    Of course.

I'm literally only directing my post at reactionary idiots like forzainter527(257?) and InterFCAustin who, with no trace of irony, have literally said, "y'know what? 110+ goals for Inter isn't enough. Let's sell our captain and only superstar for a quick income because he hasn't scored in 5 games, and then start this guy".

Fair enough. This is what you'll get. Someone who is NOT ready to be a starter. The difference in mentality and coolness is bright as day.
    I think the bigger idiot is you with comments like this.

Meh..i dont even know why i bothered answering this. Think whatever you want.
    Last edited by InterFCAustin; 01 Feb 19 at 04:37.

Canada

Problem with a lot of young players at Inter is they will never get consistent time to show something. At times, that's fair as they have a lot to learn; at the same time, when they do get the time to play, they feel rushed to do something. It also doesn't help that there have been many players at Inter who get to start no matter how badly they play.

Karamoh was a little naive and obviously needed to learn things on a tactical level; at the same time, we saw some nice link-up play from him and promising performances - he seemed to connect well with Rafinha thinking of his goal vs. Bologna and interplay for Perisic's goal against Chievo. However, he hardly got consistent playing time to build up confidence. At the same time, Candreva was playing terrible game after terrible game and constantly being rewarded with playing time.

Milan is doing a much better job with their young players. Donnarumma was crap at the begining of the season and they had Reina on the bench. However, now, Donnarumma has really improved and is putting in top performances so it was worth being patient. Even Calabria, who I don't think is that great, is getting consistant playing time. Those are all young players from their academy - Cutrone too. I don't think we ever would have given Cutrone a chance if he was here - I'm not saying he's great, but obviously decent enough to get some minutes.

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    He is still reckless and wasting energy unnecessarily on many occasions though.
    Said it just few days ago and he showed it again today. Trying to complicate things won't make it easier for you. He needs John Bercow to him "calm down".
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

12. Thanks (1): InterFCAustin

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

I thought he could save the day, he fucked it instead, although he wasn't certainly alone in doing it
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti, Icardi

Italy

Unlucky kid. I hope he starts against Bologna.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
    The thing is i knew he was gonna miss, he plays to care-free in my opinion, looks like someone who knows he is gonna miss or doesn't care that he will. There is no reason that he is not involved more in the gameplay, passing and running through spaces, pressing the Lazio defenders. He will miss chances like any striker will and up to a point in a year or two if he still missing them then there is a problem with his finishing but right now he has to involve himself more when he comes on.
    Actually, I think the issue is he is too eager to be involved. See how he flies into reckless challenges. His miss wasn't that of a player who doesn't care or expect that the ball would come to in. He got ready to slide in the incoming ball for a dramatic finish, when something simpler would've sufficed.

17. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, Dylan, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    I agree, although at the same time I hope he realizes that he has to learn fast how to properly react to stressful situations and be more cynical.
    I agree with both of you, just want to add that, clearly, we've come to realize that the "El Toro" nickname is a two-way street with regard to the kid's current mindset and temperment. He's fearless out there, throwing his body around to try and win headers, and it's admirable and, you would hope at least, that it can be an infectious attitude, but that same kind of reckless abandon also has the effect of him trying to do more than he should in certain situations, and fluffing his lines as a result. That miss today at the end of 90 minutes was appalling. It's actually more difficult to put the ball over the bar from there than it is to score. Trainwreck of a miss, that was.

But he's, what, 21 years old? There's still time for that part of his game to come around. His mentality alone is as good evidence as any that we don't have another Gabigol situation on our hands. Kid wants to win, he just isn't quite sure how to accomplish that while maintaining his composure at all times. There are worse problems to have than that, surely.

19. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Wings

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    Don't fuck this up, this guy will be a star if we can maintain even 50% of a decent team structure. I don't care about his misses, the guy has talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    you can all go fuck your mohters, just my 2 cents.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by _OC_ View Post
    Of course.

I'm literally only directing my post at reactionary idiots like forzainter527(257?) and InterFCAustin who, with no trace of irony, have literally said, "y'know what? 110+ goals for Inter isn't enough. Let's sell our captain and only superstar for a quick income because he hasn't scored in 5 games, and then start this guy".

Fair enough. This is what you'll get. Someone who is NOT ready to be a starter. The difference in mentality and coolness is bright as day.
    Half of the FIF wants his sale but keeps silent because they are afraid their reputation gets tarnished here . You hate on me for getting it out.
    You don't need 2 cents worth of brain to realize how crappy captain he is. I always said Mauro is a great, outstanding striker. He deserves pay raise and everything. But the way he acts doesn't suit a real captain. This is the only reason I want his sale as you can't strip off the armband from him and go on like nothing happened as it may lead to even worse chaos in the dressing room. Anyway.. he won't be sold don't worry, no one wants him. Who would want a player who publicly said he is not going to play football till his mid 30's?

Did you hate Lautaro for scoring late goal against Napoli too, when Icardi was going ghost all match long?
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

22. Thanks (1): InterFCAustin

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF
    Anyone can miss.
    The most important thing to me is that Lautaro, in tough high pressure games, constantly finds himself in good scoring chances.
    Sooner or later he’s gonna start scoring more. It’s not his fault we lost today.
    Anyone who blames LM for today’s game, needs to blame 7-8 other players before they come to this guy.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

I now watched the highlights as I didn't watch the match live cause it was too late here.
    TBF, Lautaro should have done better on that occasion where the ball came to him after Strakosha's save. Well Candreva had almost same opportunity but he bottled it despite being an experienced player and I am not hating on him. All this misses, poor penalty taking, poor defending - it's obvious that players are having psychological problems, someone should gather them up and give some moral boost. This someone should normally be captain, but he has no clue either.
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

He has no blame. People need to understand this. We needed 125 minutes to even get a draw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    Google and Youtube are some next level shit though. That's like air at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

26. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Handa, Ica, Bro

Austria

Always misses in the last minute -.-
    “Please don’t call me arrogant, but I’m European champion and I think I’m a special one.” - Jose Mourinho

28. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Universe

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

I’m not giving up on him. He should stay and keep starting games because he is talented. You cant blame him for the penalty miss because literally everone misses, I blame him for the last minute miss more, it was a shitty move from to dive.

Anyway, hope he learns from his mistakes.
    Forza Inter