Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 384546474849505158 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 1375

Thread: Lautaro Martinez

  1. #941

    Join Date
    07 Mar 06
    Posts
    41
    Thanked
    86 times



    Now when I look at the goal again,yes the two playes weren't following Icardi all the way, but the presence of two strikes did created confusion in Parmas defence and allowed Nainggolan to make that through ball to Lautaro. Icardi did his part without doubt.
    Last edited by armin_z; 10 Feb 19 at 02:39.

  2. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Devious, Shark

  3. #942
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    10,461
    Thanked
    15,781 times
    Fav. Player
    Miranda

    Italy

    70
    We are clearly more dangerous with two strikers. Otherwise, Icardi is too isolated in the box. But even in the post-match interview spalletti repeated that they are too similar, which seems to suggest he doesn't consider 442 an option
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

  4. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Balor, MVD

  5. #943
    CafeCordoba's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 04
    Posts
    21,777
    Thanked
    11,189 times
    Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

    Finland

    39 10 years of FIF
    Yeah usually they can be found in a box only like 5 meters away from each other (not in these counters but when attack is slower or set piece).

    What about Icardi playing a bit outside the box like he did in few games. He's a good passer/crosser. If there's still Lautaro hussling around, there's more room for both.

  6. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Ethor, Palacio

  7. #944
    thatdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Feb 10
    Posts
    14,344
    Thanked
    19,118 times

    United States

    That chipped pass to Vecino is why I would like to see us start a few games with just Lautaro up front. Preferably flanked by Keita


  8. #945
    Balor's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Jul 18
    Posts
    591
    Thanked
    1,043 times
    Fav. Player
    Icardi

    Ireland

    Really want to see more of him up top alongside Icardi, they may very well help get the best out of each other. I was always hesitant about the idea of two up front but today did help me realise that we simply are stronger in the attack with more numbers up there rather than have a lot of midfielders who can't pass forward. Even a front three with Keita alongside them and they all alternate going outside for width when necessary but keep cutting inside could be lethal.


  9. #946
    varmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Dec 14
    Posts
    2,360
    Thanked
    2,015 times

    Bulgaria

    Forum Supporter
    If we had Cancelo, we could field 4-4-2, changing to 3-3-4 when attacking - Asamoah/ Dalbert drop to the defensive line. Brozo, Nainggolan and Mario in midfield . Perisic and Cancelo on flanks and Lautaro and Icardi as forwards. That should have been effective against sides like Parma, Bologna ect. But we don't have offensive fullback in our current squad and i don't think that Politano will work as a right midfielder.
    When facing more opened teams like Napoli, Roma, Fiorentina, it's better to use one striker thou.

  10. #947
    andrei's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Nov 11
    Posts
    818
    Thanked
    647 times
    Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

    Romania

    Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    If we had Cancelo, we could field 4-4-2, changing to 3-3-4 when attacking - Asamoah/ Dalbert drop to the defensive line. Brozo, Nainggolan and Mario in midfield . Perisic and Cancelo on flanks and Lautaro and Icardi as forwards. That should have been effective against sides like Parma, Bologna ect. But we don't have offensive fullback in our current squad and i don't think that Politano will work as a right midfielder.
    When facing more opened teams like Napoli, Roma, Fiorentina, it's better to use one striker thou.
    That's is one of our main problems. We don't have fullbacks who can overlap and drag wide the opponents fullbacks and allowing our midfielders have a numeric superiority. Here Cancelo is dearly missing.
    In our 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 (it doesn't make a fucking difference) the wide players are neither good at crossing (or better to say delivering) nor at dribbling. They usually don't eliminate the opposition fullbacks. And our fullbacks don't overlap.
    In conclusion the opponents keep our wings isolated on the side, the fullbacks are in no man's land. They didn't overlap nor come in midfild to provide a numerical superiority. Playing with only one striker allow one of opposition CB to step up and disrupt our midfield and that's is one of the reason we have difficulties in build-up in midfiled.

    I would try a 4-4-2, at least against lower teams. Soares and Mario on the right. Asamoah and Perisic on the left. Brozo and N9 in center. No way is N9 as a AM effective, he is too slow. And wo strikers.

  11. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

  12. #948
    Candreva Crosses's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Feb 16
    Posts
    5,389
    Thanked
    6,198 times
    Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

    Europe

    87
    Quote Originally Posted by andrei View Post
    That's is one of our main problems. We don't have fullbacks who can overlap and drag wide the opponents fullbacks and allowing our midfielders have a numeric superiority. Here Cancelo is dearly missing.
    In our 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 (it doesn't make a fucking difference) the wide players are neither good at crossing (or better to say delivering) nor at dribbling. They usually don't eliminate the opposition fullbacks. And our fullbacks don't overlap.
    In conclusion the opponents keep our wings isolated on the side, the fullbacks are in no man's land. They didn't overlap nor come in midfild to provide a numerical superiority. Playing with only one striker allow one of opposition CB to step up and disrupt our midfield and that's is one of the reason we have difficulties in build-up in midfiled.

    I would try a 4-4-2, at least against lower teams. Soares and Mario on the right. Asamoah and Perisic on the left. Brozo and N9 in center. No way is N9 as a AM effective, he is too slow. And wo strikers.
    I like that formation, I'd also give Martinez a position where he can roam however he likes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

  13. Thanks (1): MVD

  14. #949
    varmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Dec 14
    Posts
    2,360
    Thanked
    2,015 times

    Bulgaria

    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by andrei View Post
    I would try a 4-4-2, at least against lower teams. Soares and Mario on the right. Asamoah and Perisic on the left. Brozo and N9 in center. No way is N9 as a AM effective, he is too slow. And wo strikers.
    That looks the best solution at least with the present players. Mario on the right side is good decision as he can help in the center area to Brozo and Nainggolan when is needed.

  15. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Palacio

  16. #950
    pupivn's Avatar
    Join Date
    24 May 10
    Posts
    305
    Thanked
    163 times

    Vietnam

    He can hold the ball, his first touch is so good, that’s why he will be better than Icardi with this type of midfield we currently have. With him we can retain the possession in the area before 16m50

  17. #951
    raiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 May 16
    Posts
    815
    Thanked
    783 times

    Aaland

    Time to step the fuck up kid.This is it.You will never get a better chance than this.

  18. #952
    Candreva Crosses's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Feb 16
    Posts
    5,389
    Thanked
    6,198 times
    Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

    Europe

    87
    This is real bad, now everyone expect this kid to be at Icardi's level. Lets hope this thread doesn't turn to shit tomorrow night.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

  19. Thanks (1): MVD

  20. #953
    Urban's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Jun 16
    Posts
    127
    Thanked
    174 times

    Macedonia

    Forum Supporter
    I'll be ok with just two goals tomorrow. No pressure kid.

  21. #954
    raiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 May 16
    Posts
    815
    Thanked
    783 times

    Aaland

    Quote Originally Posted by Urban View Post
    I'll be ok with just two goals tomorrow. No pressure kid.
    One of em must be from outside the box.The other he can poach from inside.Not going to get caught up in the semantics of it all.

    Would also like an assist with his weaker foot.


  22. #955
    YoramG's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 May 13
    Posts
    1,956
    Thanked
    3,275 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    Italy

    Hmm. I think he might be rattled by all this, Icardi seemed like his closest friend in the squad. Hope he does well.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

  23. #956
    snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Aug 04
    Posts
    21,192
    Thanked
    8,707 times

    Syria

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    This is real bad, now everyone expect this kid to be at Icardi's level. Lets hope this thread doesn't turn to shit tomorrow night.
    To be honest, it's more excitement than hoping he is already at Icardi's level. Also, I'm sure we are mature enough to know even if tomorrow doesn't go to plan, it's not enough to 'turn to shit'.

    Super excited to see some space open up for LM.

    I truly think this kid has the potential to be a great 20 goal a season striker from his second/third season - and hopefully puts on some lean muscle over the summer (wonder if he needs a PT heh)

    He is a little rough around the edges, but so was Tevez.

    With the little space he has been given, he has adjusted really well.

    Dybala, at 19/20, made 27 appearances over 1200 minutes in his first Serie A season. He scored 3 goals and 1 assist.

    LM has adjusted in a manner that leaves me excited to see what he can do with a good amount of playing time.

    He has missed some sitters – yes, but who hasn’t? That will continue to happen.

    What’s important is that the kid has a good head on his shoulders. The kind of head that can elevate him high.


    • He shows a unique level of maturity for his age
    • Zanetti spoke that he was surprised, most, about his personality and maturity
    • No off-field incidents
    • His social media presence provides a window into his humble life (look at his brothers account too)
    • Driven


    Give him patience when he misses a sitter. Scream in joy when he scores. Most of all, be happy that we have a player to genuinely be excited about. He isn’t there yet, yes. He has so much to prove, yes. However, he’s young so time is on his side, he’s settled well and already delivered us goals and won matches for us.

    Now, the ball in his court.




  24. #957
    Harpsabu's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Jun 11
    Posts
    4,230
    Thanked
    6,982 times
    Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

    Ireland

    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    To be honest, it's more excitement than hoping he is already at Icardi's level. Also, I'm sure we are mature enough to know even if tomorrow doesn't go to plan, it's not enough to 'turn to shit'.

    Super excited to see some space open up for LM.

    I truly think this kid has the potential to be a great 20 goal a season striker from his second/third season - and hopefully puts on some lean muscle over the summer (wonder if he needs a PT heh)

    He is a little rough around the edges, but so was Tevez.

    With the little space he has been given, he has adjusted really well.

    Dybala, at 19/20, made 27 appearances over 1200 minutes in his first Serie A season. He scored 3 goals and 1 assist.

    LM has adjusted in a manner that leaves me excited to see what he can do with a good amount of playing time.

    He has missed some sitters – yes, but who hasn’t? That will continue to happen.

    What’s important is that the kid has a good head on his shoulders. The kind of head that can elevate him high.


    • He shows a unique level of maturity for his age
    • Zanetti spoke that he was surprised, most, about his personality and maturity
    • No off-field incidents
    • His social media presence provides a window into his humble life (look at his brothers account too)
    • Driven


    Give him patience when he misses a sitter. Scream in joy when he scores. Most of all, be happy that we have a player to genuinely be excited about. He isn’t there yet, yes. He has so much to prove, yes. However, he’s young so time is on his side, he’s settled well and already delivered us goals and won matches for us.

    Now, the ball in his court.

    Maturity? Certainly not on the pitch, he loses his head constantly and throws himself stupidly into tackles...but time for him to stand up and be counted

  25. Thanks (2): MVD, Wings

  26. #958

    Join Date
    30 Aug 11
    Posts
    568
    Thanked
    486 times
    Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

    Indonesia

    wouldnt put too much pressure on the kid. Regardless of what happens tomorrow he is still a talented kid

  27. Thanks (2): Shaun, thatdude

  28. #959
    varmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Dec 14
    Posts
    2,360
    Thanked
    2,015 times

    Bulgaria

    Forum Supporter
    Lautaro knows that this is the chance to prove his worth. He will use it. Don't worry.

  29. #960
    Shaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    14,394
    Thanked
    19,029 times
    Fav. Player
    Kovacic

    Macau

    57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    My expectations haven't changed. It's his first season in Italy and given that he's already done better than most players straight out of Argentina. I'm more concerned about whether he continues to grow as a player. People must also take into account when comparing him with Icardi is that Icardi was already playing in Europe before he even went to Samp so it's not the same situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •