Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 384546474849505158 ... LastLast

Thread: Lautaro Martinez

Now when I look at the goal again,yes the two playes weren't following Icardi all the way, but the presence of two strikes did created confusion in Parmas defence and allowed Nainggolan to make that through ball to Lautaro. Icardi did his part without doubt.
    Last edited by armin_z; 10 Feb 19 at 02:39.

2. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Devious, Shark

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

We are clearly more dangerous with two strikers. Otherwise, Icardi is too isolated in the box. But even in the post-match interview spalletti repeated that they are too similar, which seems to suggest he doesn't consider 442 an option
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

4. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Balor, MVD

Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yeah usually they can be found in a box only like 5 meters away from each other (not in these counters but when attack is slower or set piece).

What about Icardi playing a bit outside the box like he did in few games. He's a good passer/crosser. If there's still Lautaro hussling around, there's more room for both.

6. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Ethor, Palacio

United States

That chipped pass to Vecino is why I would like to see us start a few games with just Lautaro up front. Preferably flanked by Keita

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Ireland

Really want to see more of him up top alongside Icardi, they may very well help get the best out of each other. I was always hesitant about the idea of two up front but today did help me realise that we simply are stronger in the attack with more numbers up there rather than have a lot of midfielders who can't pass forward. Even a front three with Keita alongside them and they all alternate going outside for width when necessary but keep cutting inside could be lethal.

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    If we had Cancelo, we could field 4-4-2, changing to 3-3-4 when attacking - Asamoah/ Dalbert drop to the defensive line. Brozo, Nainggolan and Mario in midfield . Perisic and Cancelo on flanks and Lautaro and Icardi as forwards. That should have been effective against sides like Parma, Bologna ect. But we don't have offensive fullback in our current squad and i don't think that Politano will work as a right midfielder.
    When facing more opened teams like Napoli, Roma, Fiorentina, it's better to use one striker thou.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    If we had Cancelo, we could field 4-4-2, changing to 3-3-4 when attacking - Asamoah/ Dalbert drop to the defensive line. Brozo, Nainggolan and Mario in midfield . Perisic and Cancelo on flanks and Lautaro and Icardi as forwards. That should have been effective against sides like Parma, Bologna ect. But we don't have offensive fullback in our current squad and i don't think that Politano will work as a right midfielder.
    When facing more opened teams like Napoli, Roma, Fiorentina, it's better to use one striker thou.
    That's is one of our main problems. We don't have fullbacks who can overlap and drag wide the opponents fullbacks and allowing our midfielders have a numeric superiority. Here Cancelo is dearly missing.
    In our 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 (it doesn't make a fucking difference) the wide players are neither good at crossing (or better to say delivering) nor at dribbling. They usually don't eliminate the opposition fullbacks. And our fullbacks don't overlap.
    In conclusion the opponents keep our wings isolated on the side, the fullbacks are in no man's land. They didn't overlap nor come in midfild to provide a numerical superiority. Playing with only one striker allow one of opposition CB to step up and disrupt our midfield and that's is one of the reason we have difficulties in build-up in midfiled.

I would try a 4-4-2, at least against lower teams. Soares and Mario on the right. Asamoah and Perisic on the left. Brozo and N9 in center. No way is N9 as a AM effective, he is too slow. And wo strikers.

11. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by andrei View Post
    That's is one of our main problems. We don't have fullbacks who can overlap and drag wide the opponents fullbacks and allowing our midfielders have a numeric superiority. Here Cancelo is dearly missing.
    In our 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 (it doesn't make a fucking difference) the wide players are neither good at crossing (or better to say delivering) nor at dribbling. They usually don't eliminate the opposition fullbacks. And our fullbacks don't overlap.
    In conclusion the opponents keep our wings isolated on the side, the fullbacks are in no man's land. They didn't overlap nor come in midfild to provide a numerical superiority. Playing with only one striker allow one of opposition CB to step up and disrupt our midfield and that's is one of the reason we have difficulties in build-up in midfiled.

I would try a 4-4-2, at least against lower teams. Soares and Mario on the right. Asamoah and Perisic on the left. Brozo and N9 in center. No way is N9 as a AM effective, he is too slow. And wo strikers.
    I like that formation, I'd also give Martinez a position where he can roam however he likes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

13. Thanks (1): MVD

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by andrei View Post
    That looks the best solution at least with the present players. Mario on the right side is good decision as he can help in the center area to Brozo and Nainggolan when is needed.

15. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Palacio

Vietnam

He can hold the ball, his first touch is so good, that’s why he will be better than Icardi with this type of midfield we currently have. With him we can retain the possession in the area before 16m50

Aaland

Time to step the fuck up kid.This is it.You will never get a better chance than this.

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

This is real bad, now everyone expect this kid to be at Icardi's level. Lets hope this thread doesn't turn to shit tomorrow night.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Macedonia

Forum Supporter
    I'll be ok with just two goals tomorrow. No pressure kid.

Aaland

Quote Originally Posted by Urban View Post
    I'll be ok with just two goals tomorrow. No pressure kid.
    One of em must be from outside the box.The other he can poach from inside.Not going to get caught up in the semantics of it all.

Would also like an assist with his weaker foot.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Hmm. I think he might be rattled by all this, Icardi seemed like his closest friend in the squad. Hope he does well.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    This is real bad, now everyone expect this kid to be at Icardi's level. Lets hope this thread doesn't turn to shit tomorrow night.
    To be honest, it's more excitement than hoping he is already at Icardi's level. Also, I'm sure we are mature enough to know even if tomorrow doesn't go to plan, it's not enough to 'turn to shit'.

Super excited to see some space open up for LM.

I truly think this kid has the potential to be a great 20 goal a season striker from his second/third season - and hopefully puts on some lean muscle over the summer (wonder if he needs a PT heh)

He is a little rough around the edges, but so was Tevez.

With the little space he has been given, he has adjusted really well.

Dybala, at 19/20, made 27 appearances over 1200 minutes in his first Serie A season. He scored 3 goals and 1 assist.

LM has adjusted in a manner that leaves me excited to see what he can do with a good amount of playing time.

He has missed some sitters – yes, but who hasn’t? That will continue to happen.

What’s important is that the kid has a good head on his shoulders. The kind of head that can elevate him high.

• He shows a unique level of maturity for his age
    • Zanetti spoke that he was surprised, most, about his personality and maturity
    • No off-field incidents
    • His social media presence provides a window into his humble life (look at his brothers account too)
    • Driven

Give him patience when he misses a sitter. Scream in joy when he scores. Most of all, be happy that we have a player to genuinely be excited about. He isn’t there yet, yes. He has so much to prove, yes. However, he’s young so time is on his side, he’s settled well and already delivered us goals and won matches for us.

Now, the ball in his court.

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    To be honest, it's more excitement than hoping he is already at Icardi's level. Also, I'm sure we are mature enough to know even if tomorrow doesn't go to plan, it's not enough to 'turn to shit'.

Super excited to see some space open up for LM.

I truly think this kid has the potential to be a great 20 goal a season striker from his second/third season - and hopefully puts on some lean muscle over the summer (wonder if he needs a PT heh)

He is a little rough around the edges, but so was Tevez.

With the little space he has been given, he has adjusted really well.

Dybala, at 19/20, made 27 appearances over 1200 minutes in his first Serie A season. He scored 3 goals and 1 assist.

LM has adjusted in a manner that leaves me excited to see what he can do with a good amount of playing time.

He has missed some sitters – yes, but who hasn’t? That will continue to happen.

What’s important is that the kid has a good head on his shoulders. The kind of head that can elevate him high.

• He shows a unique level of maturity for his age
    • Zanetti spoke that he was surprised, most, about his personality and maturity
    • No off-field incidents
    • His social media presence provides a window into his humble life (look at his brothers account too)
    • Driven

Give him patience when he misses a sitter. Scream in joy when he scores. Most of all, be happy that we have a player to genuinely be excited about. He isn’t there yet, yes. He has so much to prove, yes. However, he’s young so time is on his side, he’s settled well and already delivered us goals and won matches for us.

Now, the ball in his court.

Maturity? Certainly not on the pitch, he loses his head constantly and throws himself stupidly into tackles...but time for him to stand up and be counted

25. Thanks (2): MVD, Wings

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

wouldnt put too much pressure on the kid. Regardless of what happens tomorrow he is still a talented kid

27. Thanks (2): Shaun, thatdude

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Lautaro knows that this is the chance to prove his worth. He will use it. Don't worry.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    My expectations haven't changed. It's his first season in Italy and given that he's already done better than most players straight out of Argentina. I'm more concerned about whether he continues to grow as a player. People must also take into account when comparing him with Icardi is that Icardi was already playing in Europe before he even went to Samp so it's not the same situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell