Page 248 of 248 FirstFirst ... 148198238245246247248
Results 4,941 to 4,960 of 4960

Thread: Lautaro Martinez

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

United States

Forum Supporter FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    The first child, two goals in the derby, being top on the table, the renewal: if there is a man in the world who has come closest to that elusive goal of absolute happiness, then that man could really well be Lautaro Martinez.

Lautaro, do you know that Inter are now the favorite for the Scudetto?

“Favorite? It’s not a word that I like. Of course, being first gives us positive feelings. It’s nice because it is not accidental but it is the fruits of what we’ve been doing with our coach. As he always says: we work together to bring and leave Inter in the highest possible position.”

Juve, Lazio, Milan: three top opponents beaten by you. Does that mean anything?

“That we have been with Conte for two seasons. And today we are really a different team, more compact where each of us fights for our closest teammate and then for ourselves: this is a good sign.”

But what has changed compared to the struggling team that started the season?

“We got eliminated from the Champions League, that’s the difference.”

In what sense?

“There was talk of a pact that we made, the players and the coach. Very simple: getting eliminated from the Champions League greatly hurt us. And so we told ourselves from that point on, the Scudetto would be our main objective. It is even more clear after Coppa Italia elimination.”

What recommendation did Conte make?

“To pay attention to everything, pay attention to the details. And he meant on and off the pitch because that’s how you win. And we repeat it to ourselves every day in the dressing room: that is like our commandment. We play to win, we work for it, it is our goal. And you know what our quality is?”

Go ahead.

“Knowing how to change, knowing how to adapt. We played in one way with Juve, in another with Lazio and again in different way with Milan. We try to take our advantage against any team after studying them on videos.”

Are you more worried about Milan or Juve in the Scudetto race?

“I’m thinking of Inter, I’m not looking anywhere else.”

The brace against Milan, where do they stand on the list of the goals that you are the most fond of?

“Up there for sure, very high. Because they are important goals. And because they arrived at a very special moment with the birth of my daughter.”

What kind of father is Lautaro? What kind of father will he become?

“I would like to spend every moment with her, share every moment, not letting my daughter miss anything. She will grow up in a different environment than when I was little. I know where I came from. I know how hard I have worked to get where I am. And I know where I want to go. I will have so many things to say to my daughter but the first advice will be to remain humble.”

Who chose the name Nina?

“Augustina. The agreement was that I would decide if the baby was a son. It will be the next one.”

Since Nina was born, you have scored four goals in five games.

“Because Nina already understood what I do. It’s really incredible: every night before each match, when we didn’t have training camp, she slept all night. It was magical.”

How are you with diapers?

“I’m very good. I watched a tutorial on YouTube.”

Your daughter could have been born in Catalonia…

“It’s true. We were negotiating with Barcelona but I cannot tell you how close I got to that club. But with Conte I was very clear. I told him that ‘mentally I am here, it is a promise, I won’t let myself be conditioned by it.’ But now that’s the past, I will renew with Inter.”

When is the announcement?

“I don’t know, they will find the time for it. In the meantime, I’m playing football. My future is here, I see myself in this city for a long time. I like everything about it: the food, the relationship with the fans, the team. There are only positive feelings.”

What did you think about the details of Messi’s Barcelona contract where they paid him €550M?

“I didn’t read it but my family didn’t talk about anything else. It wasn’t pleasant, it seemed like a bad thing to go through honestly.”

Who will be Messi’s heir?

“Nothing will be the same after him.”

But maybe you’ll be the one to get the number 10.

“Maybe. But I have to work hard to succeed.”

Unpaid wages and Suning’s financial difficulties… how did you manage not to be influenced by all of this?

“It wasn’t easy. But we know that it is a situation that will be resolved as this was explained to us. After all, COVID has changed the world, there are difficulties in every sector all over the world. We are lucky enough to be able to only think about the football pitch.”

Tell us one aspect that you have improved thanks to Conte.

“In the non-possession phase. I learned to recognize the situations, to read the game well before plays happen. To pay attention even when others have the ball. But the most important thing is something else…”

I was only asking for one thing…

“Conte has changed my mentality. One day he locked me up in his office and we talked for a while, about everything. From that moment I took the next step, my career has changed.”

Let’s rewind the tape: a lot of matches without scoring and a few too many wasted chances. How did you get out of it?

“Until some time ago I was desperate, I was nervous, I often entered the pitch tense, not very calm. I learned that if I continued like that things would only get worse. The truth is that the more you work for your teammates, the less you think about it and the personal satisfaction will soon come.”

Can you tell us the secret in the understanding and feeling that you have with Lukaku?

“He is very similar to me in the sense we both had difficult childhood. We must always do more than others to get where we want to be. And we bring that to the pitch with us.”

Who is better at video games?

“I’m better at PUBG, not on the PlayStation but on the iPad. I never liked it on the PlayStation. I always let my brothers play.”

Today, Lukaku is top five strikers in the world. Where will you be?

“I want to be up there one day, to be among the best in Europe. In my head, I always think of where I want to be and not staying still. But I have only one way to do it: to work, to improve.”

What do you think of the voodoo phrases?

“I was on the bench that evening, so far away and so I didn’t hear it. There’s always adrenaline on the pitch but that was a bad image.”

Will you watch Sanremo (the music festival)?

“I don’t even know what it is.”

Not just Lukaku. You and Hakimi have steadily become some sort of couple…

“When Argentina faced Morocco, I heard my name called in Spanish, I turned around and it was him. We had never spoken before. He told me that he knew Borja Valero and that he also followed the team. Then we met in Borussia-Inter. We began to talk, he always asked me about Inter. He told me that he would like to play with us. And that was that.”

In Germany, Lahm advised gay footballers to avoid coming out because he said that the world of football is not ready.

“I don’t agree. I don’t see anything wrong with being able to express yourself freely, even in football.”

What is your greatest desire when the pandemic is over?

“Traveling to Argentina to introduce Nina to my grandmother.”

And if you win the Scudetto, what will you do?

“A tattoo for my first trophy, it’s a good idea.”

Fav. Player
    Milito

Australia

60 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    “A tattoo...it’s a good idea.”
    Sell him.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Haha don't be a prude
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Grande Lautaro.

Basically COVID saved him at Inter. Had there been no COVID, he would have been sold to Barcelona. Though maybe not the worst result given Marotta would have probably squeezed a price close to the release clause. But that's in the past now and Lautaro is happy here, developing all the time. He's gonna sign a new contract and will be a building block and a core player of this squad for a long time.

6. Thanks (3): eduzee, Il Drago, thatdude

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Grande Lautaro.

Basically COVID saved him at Inter. Had there been no COVID, he would have been sold to Barcelona. Though maybe not the worst result given Marotta would have probably squeezed a price close to the release clause. But that's in the past now and Lautaro is happy here, developing all the time. He's gonna sign a new contract and will be a building block and a core player of this squad for a long time.
    In a way yes, without covid Marotta would have gift wrapped him. But even with Covid, the sale figure was somewhere like 70m and it was just blocked as Barcelona realized the mess they were in.
    <<Gli scudetti č giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Grande Lautaro.

Yeah. This is so much refreshing compared to the nonstop Barcelona rumours a year ago. It shows to me Lautaro's desire to leave had nothing to do with Barcelona. It always was about playing with Messi. And after watching the mess Barcelona are currently in and Messi's desire to leave, he has no reason to leave Inter.

Covid also saved Skriniar and Eriksen careers at Inter. We could have a much different team right now. On the other hand, covid made our financial problems a lot worse and is the main reason Suning will probably sell the club.
    #CONTEOUT

"When I had just become President, I went to Austria for our match. On the stadium billboard it was written: 'Inter Milan'. I went to report to the manager of the opposing team that it was enough to leave Inter. So they canceled Milan "

Massimo Moratti

9. Thanks (4): eduzee, MVD, Sqnalkel, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    My interpretation is that the Barcelona thing ended when Barcelona route wasn't there anymore because of their financial trouble. They had the big offer to Lautaro on the table until it wasn't anymore. Until they realized they cannot afford him. They made no really big moves this season (Pjanic-Arthur was plusvalenza move). They simply didn't have money for it. Lautaro realized the Barcelona move ain't happening and decided Inter is the place for him. And Conte has improved him tremendously to develop, definitely a right move to stay and not look for elsewhere.

Fav. Player
    Capitano, Cuchu

Hong Kong

10 years of FIF
    Lautaro's tackles are getting better and better (or Eriksen will say, meglio meglio). Basically his presence allowed us to start defending up front
    Grazie Ragazzi

Forza Inter

12. Thanks (2): eduzee, Raul Duke

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

If Lautaro scored today, he would be MOTM
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Great game really. I think he deserved a goal or at least that penalty to be marked.
    Theo received an one against Zvezda for even softer intervention.

Fav. Player
    Chino Recoba

Croatia

He was great today, he's improving, we need best of him till the end of race.

Fav. Player
    JZ AR Adri NB

UK

Only the goal was missing.
    Apart from that he put in a solid shift.

17. Thanks (1): MVD

Bulgaria

Lautaro Martínez has scored 13 goals and delivered five assists so far, his highest amount of goals involvement in a single Serie A campaign.

19. Thanks (1): eduzee

Fav. Player
    Bastoni

Holy See

And it's only the beginning

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

You know he is confident when he tries and actually gets a bicycle kick on target.
    Lautaro's and Lukaku's performances are insane lately. I hope they can keep it up for the last 14 games.

22. Thanks (2): eduzee, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    He starts scoring on the pitch again after he can score at home again. He had 9 months goal drought at home before.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Pregnant women like to have sex often as well, dude.

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    you can tell lautaro didn't get it from his frustration.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

27. Thanks (1): Bluenine

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    That is ok, as long as he was following the expert advice

29. Thanks (2): Batman, wera