Page 46 of 99 FirstFirst ... 36434445464748495696 ... LastLast

Thread: Lautaro Martinez

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    To me the problem with Lautaro is that his overall contribution is very random. He loses possession constantly because he doesn't pass the ball fast enough or he just tries some odd flicks and shit.

Definite plus side in his game is that he actually is getting all these goal scoring chances.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    To me the problem with Lautaro is that his overall contribution is very random. He loses possession constantly because he doesn't pass the ball fast enough or he just tries some odd flicks and shit.

Definite plus side in his game is that he actually is getting all these goal scoring chances.
    I prefer him losing the ball trying these things rather than losing the ball after we pass it around our back 4 + Brozovic for 50 seconds then lump in forward to no benefit.
    david mcgoldrick

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    No doubt a portion of that is on the team and Spalletti's collective uselessness and I appreciate he's trying to make things happen. But they aren't mutually exclusive. He can do both - he just needs to know when. He clearly has the skill and strength to hold and move the ball smartly (see his 'assists' vs Barca and Torino in August). But he needs to be smarter with when to use his skills and when to play it safe. So far, in between missing back-to-back-to-back-to-back game-winning sitters, backflicks to no one and the excess simulation, there's a complete mess of a player who needs a vast, vast amount of refining.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. Thanks (3): Kev9Inter, thatdude, wera

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Exactly. There is talent, but he needs to control it. He doesn't have to try to win the game everytime he gets the ball, or touches it.

6. Thanks (1): InterFCAustin

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    He does actually, that's what the last 10 mins subs are for.

Unless Spaletti tells him on the sideline before he comes in to have a stroll on the pitch and have a bit of fun while we trail by 1-0 in the 85th minute.

Otherwise the whole point in subbing him in is to chase the game.
    Dr. Marotta

8. Thanks (1): Y&h

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    He does actually, that's what the last 10 mins subs are for.

Unless Spaletti tells him on the sideline before he comes in to have a stroll on the pitch and have a bit of fun while we trail by 1-0 in the 85th minute.

Otherwise the whole point in subbing him in is to chase the game.
    He plays this way irregardless if he starts to game, gets subbed in at half time or subbed in at 85th minute.

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

That's because he's used to that rhythm from the start of the season.

45 mins or 10 mins, he's still put on to chase the game, it's still after being in deficit.

The mindset is still the same.

Don't tell me he's on after we conceded so that we can let him have a bit of fun, no, the point is to get back the lost grounds.
    Dr. Marotta

11. Thanks (1): Y&h

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    And my point is he should ease a little. If he loses possession 80% of the time he gets the ball, it's not very effective when we are chasing.

Old name
    raiden

Aaland

Its not just that.Even if he is put on from the start he is in a rush looking to do too many things because he is competing with Icardi for the sole strikers spot and he needs to score and do some amazing stuff to win that spot.

But perhaps thats his style anyway.

Oh how i long to not just play with 1 striker all alone isolated upfront.Wish we played with 2 strikers.Screw the wingers.They are a load of shite anyway.I wonder how a Kieta-Lautaro front 2 would function.

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    And my point is he should ease a little. If he loses possession 80% of the time he gets the ball, it's not very effective when we are chasing.
    You are talking about a solution.

I am talking about cause and effects here, it's very hard to turn the wheel when you are being looked upon as the savior of the team, and the demon after failure to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by raiden View Post
    Its not just that.Even if he is put on from the start he is in a rush looking to do too many things because he is competing with Icardi for the sole strikers spot and he needs to score and do some amazing stuff to win that spot.

But perhaps thats his style anyway.

Oh how i long to not just play with 1 striker all alone isolated upfront.Wish we played with 2 strikers.Screw the wingers.They are a load of shite anyway.I wonder how a Kieta-Lautaro front 2 would function.
    Hence why I said its a continuity from the start of the season. Its because he's wanting to prove himself too eagerly to earn more than 10 mins of sub time.

Just because you are given 90 minutes all of a sudden against Torino, doesn't mean you will keep getting it. You pretty much know you will be back on the bench and play 5 mins every 2nd or 3rd week after everyone's back from injury. The pressure is even bigger in these odd matches.

This is the story of every youth who played here and had generated hype in the past.
    Dr. Marotta

15. Thanks (1): Y&h

Australia

10 years of FIF
    It irritates me that the likes of Bergomi come out and comment on how Martinez is apparently not that special a player. It irritates me for two reasons: (1) because that opinion is based on sporadic and limited minutes on the pitch; and (2) it is based on the fact that he has missed some sitters in recent games.

The worst part about it is the timing of the criticism. Personally, I think it is too early to be writing him off or making conclusions about him as a footballer. Especially given the fact that he is so young, has played very little football and is vice to our Captain and leading goalscorer.

Right now, the whole team is struggling and the players are low on confidence and fragile psychologically. This kind of criticism, especially from a club legend does nothing to help us. I acknowledge that Bergomi is paid commentator but sometimes, commentators provide an opinion for opinions sake rather than the opinion having any real merit.
    Last edited by Puma; 05 Feb 19 at 22:39.
    #FlyEaglesFly

Serbia

With respect to Bergomi, he should really stop making public comments about anything Inter related. It does more harm than good.

It helped last year with Cancelo. After his comments he started playing really well. This can be motivation for Lautaro to prove him wrong.

19. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Armes

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Just google searched Bergomi-Lautaro:

Bergomi: 'I do not see anything special in Lautaro' | English News ...
    https://www.calciomercato.com/.../be...l-about-lautar...
    2 days ago - Inter legend Beppe Bergomi spoke in the studios of Sky Sports about his former club's 0-1 loss against Bologna and had some harsh words ...

Inter Legend Beppe Bergomi: "Lautaro Martinez Should Play"
    https://sempreinter.com/.../inter-le...z-should-play/
    Oct 2, 2018 - Inter legend turned pundit Beppe Bergomi, was a guest on Sky Sport Italia's show Sky Calcio Club where he spoke about the Nerazzurri after ...

What a hypocrite.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

“Spalletti? Everything is fine between us, everything’s been cleared up. I explained to him my father was a player who was born in a dressing room and that we’re a very passionate family.

“My father was wrong when he wrote that tweet, it’s true, but he’s human. He was only reacting to his son but all is well, I’m training and waiting for my moment.

“My challenge is to take advantage of the opportunities I’m given. Here, compared to in Argentina, there’s more quality in games and preparation, both in training and all the details that are examined during the week. Nothing is left to chance.”

In light of recent "catastrophic" and "disastrous" comments/attitudes by Inter players as perceived by many of you(or us?) here, this should put a smile to some of y'all faces.
    Good that he has the balls to go against his dad.

22. Thanks (1): ScottishInterista

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo L.N.D.L

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    With respect to Bergomi, he should really stop making public comments about anything Inter related. It does more harm than good.
    They don't seem to give a shit about Spalletti, let alone what Bergomi says.
    Besides, Bergomi saying Lautaro is "not special" is not really a lie, or meant to hurt Inter. If you also look at his comments about him saying that Inter should play him more, it doesn't say anything about Lautaro being our lord and saviour - simply says "I didn’t see yesterday’s game but if Lautaro Martinez played the way everyone says with passion and will the fans will like him a lot.”Giuseppe Bergomi continued by praising the Argentinian youngster who joined Inter in the Summer: “Everyone around the club speak very highly of him. But he cannot be treated like Eder was last season, who played one match and then did not play the next. You have to let a player like him play, he could be the alternative to Icardi but I think they can play well together in a hypothetical 4-4-2.”

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

He is at his best when he is without icardi. Everytime they're together they're never more than 2 meters away from eachother. I would like to see lautaro front the attack, and use the sale money from icardi to reinvest in players who can get toro the ball.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    He is at his best when he is without icardi. Everytime they're together they're never more than 2 meters away from eachother. I would like to see lautaro front the attack, and use the sale money from icardi to reinvest in players who can get toro the ball.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Maybe if we put them together against a team like Barcelona they could pull something off?

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Maybe if we put them together against a team like Barcelona they could pull something off?

they did...

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    they did...
    I wonder how bad it went. According to Lui here they're not compatible. Against the strongest team they probably shat their pants.