Page 71 of 75 FirstFirst ... 216168697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1488

Thread: Lautaro Martinez

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by hitmax View Post
    Anyone who thinks that this guy can lead our attack next season needs a serious reality check.
    Definitely has a lot to learn but his team mates need to help him more. If he had a player he could link up with in the final 3rd, exchange passes etc like Dybala. If only.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    He is no lone CF. It's a demanding role and I don't see Lautaro excelling in that role so early in his career. It's not exactly fair to put him in that position at this point as he's just learning to play this European football.

3. Thanks (2): MVD, rfU

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

Anyone who thinks that this guy can lead our attack next season needs a serious reality check.
    Agree completely, too soft and constantly dives and tries to oversell contacts, don't know if it is out of the frustration or bad habit, but he needs to stop that.

5. Thanks (2): Javier'sSon, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yeah that is super annoying in his playing style. Refs are already seeing through it and it's not beneficial for yourself to be seen as a diver in refs' eyes. They will eventually stop calling for real fouls when you try to sell them so hard.

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

it's cool, he's got dzeko to cover for him

8. Thanks (1): n4l

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Pretty shite yesterday, but he's not a target man.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

10 years of FIF
    I have always said that he is too raw and not able to carry our attack on his shoulder. Coming from an inferior league at the early age, it's very difficult to adjust himself properly, especially in this current setup of Inter which has massive lack of teamwork and organisation.

Too bad the Icardi situation happened, otherwise Lautaro would have been much better as a low-key striker behind Icardi's shadow. He would get much more opportunities and would be able to shine, unlike nowadays as a main striker he isn't tough to man-mark because of obvious reasons.

Lautaro has to quit diving and focus on playing actual football, other than that I'm fine with him. We have to be patient and have very low expectations on him. Besides, players like Perisic who have massive amount of experience and can't perform to save their lives. So, can't be harsh on Lautaro after all.

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    Pretty shite yesterday, but he's not a target man.
    nor is Tadic.

Quote Originally Posted by Besnik View Post
    Too bad the Icardi situation happened, otherwise Lautaro would have been much better as a low-key striker behind Icardi's shadow.
    I think the reverse is true, his best moments were when Icardi wasn't hovering around him and he had the coaches/players trust and support.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    I think the reverse is true, his best moments were when Icardi wasn't hovering around him and he had the coaches/players trust and support.
    Are you referring to those Europa League matches, or the Coppa Italia ones?

Fav. Player
    Škriniar

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    That is true. However I have been watching this game for 30+ years and even (almost all of) the greatest coaches I have seen are very, very stubborn. They are slaves to their current style / formation. So I wouldn't hold Spalletti's reluctance to play 2 strikers or 3 CBs against him, that is not his style and not something he is comfortable with. Even coaches today like Pep, Conte, Sarri, etc are slaves to their system and wouldn't change it to accommodate a player (maybe unless we are talking about a Messi or a CR7, which we are not). What most FIFers (and perhaps you) are talking about is "select the best XI" and form a system around those players - that is theoretical, and is NEVER how it works with ANY coach worth his salt.

So that is not the reason to sack a coach, that is a reason to get better players that suit his system. If you have to blame someone for Icardi & Martinez not starting together, its the fault of the Director of Sport who spent a big part of our budget on Martinez (back up position) instead of strengthening our starting line up (midfielder, winger). Because the DS knew who our coach was, and how he plays.
    First of all, sorry for the late reply, but I had missed your post.

When Mourinho joined Inter in 2008, he initially tried to implement a system based on a 3-men attack comprised of Ibrahimovic, Quaresma and Mancini. However, as soon as he realised that his tactics were never going to produce the expected results, he took a step back and reverted to Mancini's 4-4-2 diamond formation, which certainly required swallowing a bit of his pride. But he did that because he knew that was the best suited system to the roster at his disposal.

Then again, in 2010 he switched to his iconic 4-2-3-1 in the weeks before the first leg vs Chelsea because he realised that was the way to go if we really wanted to stand a chance in Europe. I'd also like to point out that this tactical change opened a spot into the starting XI for Pandev. So it's not like you need to have a Messi or a CR7 on the bench to make a change if said change would benefit the team as a whole.

The same thing could be said about virtually any other coach in the world. Of course, any one of them has a view of football that results in an "ideal" formation they will always use as the basis of their work. But that doesn't mean they should stick to it no matter what. For instance, you can accuse Conte of many things, but he's shown a good degree of tactical flexibility during his coaching career (4-4-2, 4-2-4, 3-5-2, 3-4-3, etc...)

Spalletti himself used to play a 3-5-2 formation back in his Udinese days and got to his current 4-2-3-1 through a lot of tweaking and fixing (which includes some rather bold moves like playing Perrotta as an AM, Totti as a "falso nueve" and switching Nainggolan and Pjanic's positions on the field). I don't know what happened to him, nor what made him become so steadfast in his beliefs that he would rather continue to field a winger who doesn't assist nor score for months (Candreva last year and Perisic in this one) rather than trying something different. But he hasn't always be like this. Did he grow lazy all of a sudden? I don't know. But the fact that he doesn't even seem to be looking for a solution to problems that have been haunting us for months really irks me.

As for Lautaro, he's a SS who used to play "around" a CF (Lisandro Lopez) in Argentina. I'll give you that Spalletti may have been against his signing, but now that he's here, it's his duty to find the way to get the best out of him. Which applies to any other player in the roster, for that matter.

tl;dr juve merda
    Last edited by Guz; 07 May 19 at 11:04.

Canada

Didn't see the first half but he looked good from what I saw in the 2nd.

15. Thanks (1): bjwam4

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    Didn't see the first half but he looked good from what I saw in the 2nd.
    He was isolated in the first half, had a vey soft shot at Karnezis parried, people were calling him sucky and overrated in the game threat but then had 2 clear cut chances when Icardi was slotted next to him.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

17. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Huge waste of money.....

Dude is too green to be here

The money we got robbed on with Gabi and this kid. We could have bought ourselves a proven game changer
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    Huge waste of money.....

The money we got robbed on with Gabi and this kid. We could have bought ourselves a proven game changer
    How exactly is he comparable to Gabigol? Lautaro has actually had a fairly good season, and had some good performances in big games for us (Milan, both games against Napoli etc.). Overall, he's had a comparable season to Icardi. He's young and has great potential. The issue was buying someone like J.Mario for 40 million, not Lautaro.

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Huge waste of money.....

yep, we should sell him and icardi to get falcao, right?
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Huge waste of money.....

How is 6 goals and 2 assists in 1300 minutes in the league bad for a kid in his first season in Europe. That is a great return. I would question the intelligence or bias of any person who refutes that
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    He played a good game except being way too selfish on occasions.

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

i saw that lautaro is very calm on the ball, he always waits for the right moment before shoting. Icardi instad is the opposite. Ones he got the ball he wants to shot, even from impossible angles.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    i saw that lautaro is very calm on the ball, he always waits for the right moment before shoting. Icardi instad is the opposite. Ones he got the ball he wants to shot, even from impossible angles.
    Eh, not always, he had a moment where he could have shot 4 times yesterday but took so many touches he got closed down.

And well, can you blame Icardi? Not this season, but usually anything he touches does go in.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    Can you for once write a post without including Icardi? Itís annoying.
    Forza Inter

26. Thanks (1): DIN011