Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Agustina.

2. Thanks (1): eduzee

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

There was a rumour that his gf would be his agent and he openly squashed that rumour on his Instagram story.
    #zhangisconte'sbitch

Fav. Player
    Chuchu

United States

Quote Originally Posted by brakbrak View Post
    There was a rumour that his gf would be his agent and he openly squashed that rumour on his Instagram story.
    Smart of him. FIF would be exploded if he make his gf as his agent.

It seems official that he sacked his agent and he will handle the renewal by himself (obviously assisted by lawyers or whatever advisor). Its just not clear the reason unlike skirniar. When skriniar ditched his agent, the news explicitly said that the agents prolonged the renewal process and hence being ditched. but in lautaro's case, the reason is not clear.

If it is true, I wonder what Jube fans think seeing Dybala is prolonging the contract extension at Jube

Switzerland

10 years of FIF
    I am skeptical that Barca are interested enough in Haaland to aggressively try to get a deal done. Still believe Lautaro would be the better fit and remains unclear whether the player has actually or imminently extended with Inter - despite the agent change

Gotta believe he remains in the frame

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Barcelona don't have the funds to buy Lautaro. They didn't have the funds year ago (after COVID) and they don't have now either.

7. Thanks (2): Il Drago, thatdude

Italy

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Barcelona don't have the funds to buy Lautaro. They didn't have the funds year ago (after COVID) and they don't have now either.
    They have players they don't want to offer.
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

Peppino Prisco facci un gol

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    also dont barca really need a goalscoring striker? I dunno if Lautaro is that guy right now. He might work well in the short term with Messi, but its not a long term play IMHO unless they're really changing up the front line.

10. Thanks (1): FCBarca

Switzerland

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    also dont barca really need a goalscoring striker? I dunno if Lautaro is that guy right now. He might work well in the short term with Messi, but its not a long term play IMHO unless they're really changing up the front line.
    Depending on service/tactics, he might be the beneficiary of increased shot attempts with two wide attacking players like Ansu & Dembele for example. Still would consider it a long term option since even when Leo retires, someone will become the playmaking #10 to fuel attacking options

Ultimately they'd have to negotiate a deal with Inter and no reason to think they couldn't muster an offer if Laporta believes he can sign Haaland. I think Barca signs 2 targets (LB & #9) while unloading a lot of dead weight from roster. Then, they aren't likely to be active in market for 2 years

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

Yeah, I can see a longer term argument where you use, say, Pedri Fati and Martinez as an all-action trio up front, but I dont think he's a goalscoring threat that Barca need/want? I'm no Barca expert, though.

I think Haaland would be a disaster. Not in terms of football, to be clear, but the financial side. Barca are probably only mitigating losses right now through salary deferments, for example - it's yet again robbing the future to pay for stuff now. Haaland would only make it worse.

honestly I dont know what room to manouver Barca have while they have Messi - the problem is that while performances drop, prize money drops as well, which makes it harder to spend to rejuvenate.

Is there much plusvalenza to be made from the squad? Probably not that much either eh?

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    No, Barcelona is financially fucked. Very costly players on the balance sheet with big salaries. Impossible to get rid of them without recording heavy losses, like massive losses.

Haaland tour was just Raiola doing his job. There are simply no financial parameters for Barcelona to execute the Haaland operation this summer. Lautaro is surely cheaper but as he's about to sign the extension and the clause is removed, there is no "fear" in that regard either. And Barcelona don't have money to spend 100m€ to the transfer fee alone (or even less like 70m€).

This going heavily off-topic already but Depay seems like the most obvious option since he's a free agent this summer.

14. Thanks (1): Il Drago

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

the only way I could see a Lautaro (or Haaland or any major signing) move happening, PERSONALLY, is a lot of player swapping. You want Lautaro? Give us one of Trincao or Pedri, and Firpo, Todibo, Wague, and 70m on top and fuck it throw in Fati in this imaginary scenario, even though his career is likely kinda fucked.

Switzerland

10 years of FIF
    Players heading for the exit: I suspect the belief is getting at least 100M from 7 transactions

Pjanic, Firpo, Coutinho, Lenglet, Umtiti, Neto & Braithwaite

I think Griezmann has to be included here, not simply due to his amortized fee but huge wages that provide little return

Youth player transactions: <30M for 5 transactions

Todibo, Miranda, Monchu, Ruiz and Akieme likely to be sold from youth academy

Alena & Wague will return from loans and decisions will need to be made.

Youth players to join preseason likely to include Konrad, Collado, Inaki, Balde, Orellana and Nico Gonzalez while Emerson is likely to join from Betis & Garcia from City

So apart from a #9, they will want to reinforce with a leftback and I believe they can generate enough revenue from player transactions to fund it this summer

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    Players heading for the exit: I suspect the belief is getting at least 100M from 7 transactions

Pjanic, Firpo, Coutinho, Lenglet, Umtiti, Neto & Braithwaite

I think Griezmann has to be included here, not simply due to his amortized fee but huge wages that provide little return

Youth player transactions: <30M for 4 transactions

Miranda, Monchu, Ruiz and Akieme likely to be sold from youth academy

Youth players to join preseason likely to include Konrad, Collado, Inaki, Balde, Orellana and Nico Gonzalez while Emerson is likely to join from Betis

So apart from a #9, they will want to reinforce with a leftback and I believe they can generate enough revenue from player transactions to fund it this summer
    There'll be substantial losses there though. Firpo is probably on the books for 15m still - Coutinho must still be 50-60mil on the books if not more (given bonuses), whereas I cant imagine him fetching that even with a reasonable salary request. Pjanic is like 40m on the books?

Welcome to Inter 2012 the next few years r gonna suck balls. The best thing, tbh, you can do is get rid of Messi. A lot of the financial issues go away with Messi, Griezmann and Coutinho.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Guys you have been way off topic in the last posts. The topic of this thread is Lautaro so please stick to it.

If you want to talk about Barcelona, their finances and future transfer strategies you can do so in the related thread.

Switzerland

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    There'll be substantial losses there though. Firpo is probably on the books for 15m still - Coutinho must still be 50-60mil on the books if not more (given bonuses), whereas I cant imagine him fetching that even with a reasonable salary request. Pjanic is like 40m on the books?

Welcome to Inter 2012 the next few years r gonna suck balls. The best thing, tbh, you can do is get rid of Messi. A lot of the financial issues go away with Messi, Griezmann and Coutinho.
    Yeah, I am not that gloom & doom. For me, the future is bright because Bartomeu & Rosell are gone and return to club ethos & La Masia is back - plus, the squad is nicely comprised of young talents. They don't need many pieces, just time to gel

Firpo they will sell, I see no scenario where they don't recoup at least 15M for him this summer. Coutinho's initial amortized fee will continue to be a fixed annual cost but anything that can be gained from his sale (>20M + his wages) will lighten the load considerably - plus, he no longer would occupy a squad spot

Pjanic was a 10M cash outlay & player trade with Arthur based on the creative financial shell game by Bartomeu, his impact will be more about clearing his salary/contract from the team - again, I think even getting 5-10M will be seen as a victory in a transaction

I think the point most miss about Leo and his gargantuan contract is the revenue he generates, on balance the club still comes out ahead by what they pay him - it's been the other decisions that have been disastrous. Even Dembele's rumoured extension will require him taking a pay cut else being put on the market this summer. So I expect financial situation to improve but until 2022 I don't see Barca players in the market apart from one big move - and is there really one single player that justifies that sort of big move?

For me, it'd be Lautaro over Haaland but I am thinking of long term fit

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

tbh I think Barca would be a bad move for Lautaro atm anyway. Conte is REALLY rounding him out as a player. If we can get him scoring more simple goals, and slightly tweaking his long range shooting, he could be a lethal deep/complete forward. His goalscoring is decent, dont get me wrong, 16 goals as the second goalscorer for a team like Inter is pretty damn good - but its not as reliable as you'd need it to be at the top level. Lukaku and Lautaro (and tbh, everyone in the team) has another gear they can get into IMHO to help us deliver the next level of performance.

21. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    DDA, Bastoni

United States

Forum Supporter
    Thank goodness for his energy and his goal. Pleased for him and the team.

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Hockey assist and a goal. Not bad

Fav. Player
    Barella

Macedonia

Nice goal. Grande.

25. Thanks (1): Ethor

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

10 years of FIF
    That was as good as is expected from him. Sweet strike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    What did Matthaus do for Inter?

27. Thanks (1): Ethor