Page 170 of 173 FirstFirst ... 70120160167168169170171172173 LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 3459

Thread: Lautaro Martinez

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    And Marotta has set the table by not getting Lauraro a new contract.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Old name
    raiden

Aaland

He has had 4 good months so far and I don't think he has totally deserved a new contract uptill now.I am sure if all things were held constant and there was no barca interest we would still have given him a new contract at the end of this season because this would have been his first good season which would have earned him a new contract.

Also even giving him a new contract wouldn't have stopped the proposed move because Messi is at Barca and not at Inter and offering him a new contract wouldn't mean we were giving him 10 mil like Barca are claimed to be doing.Even if we gave him 3-5 mil per year it would still not be 10 mil.And I don't think his performances till January this year were worthy of Marotta offering him 10 mil per season.

I don't think blaming Marotta just yet is justified.If we get ripped off by Barca here then yes I do agree he deserves blame but not yet.

3. Thanks (1): vex

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

His value is based on potential and intangibles, neither of which have any substance until he is able to do it consistently.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

4 good months? He has been good all season, the fuck you talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

7. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, MVD

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    4 good months? He has been good all season, the fuck you talking about.
    He hasn't been good since the Barca rumors got serious. That puts him at about 4 months.

9. Thanks (4): DARi0, thatdude, vex, Wings

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

You guys don't even deserve him.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    New contract would put this talk to rest. Of course the yearly salary would have to be higher than what initially thought but pretty certain it wouldn't have to match Barcelona's offer. Lautaro is not pushing the transfer and obviously part of that process is the expectation from his side that a new contract is signed with a big raise. They can increase the release clause and decide he can leave for the release clause price in 1-2 years if he really wants to leave. Now we can't fetch even this lower release clause price so it's simply stupid trying selling him to the Catalan beggars.

Like I said, if the situation changes and Lautaro wants out, it's a different game. There is a difference between wanting to go to Barcelona and wanting out. Surely Lautaro wants to play with Messi when asked, who wouldn't? Different thing is to ask your club to sell you to Barcelona because you want out. Marotta doesn't have to do anything now apart from offering a fair contract to Lautaro. Barcelona can't do anything because they don't have the money.

Australia

10 years of FIF
    What I find ridiculous is the supposed policy we have of not entering into contract negotiations with players until the season is over. That policy messes things up for players that have release clauses because it ensures that the rumours start swirling at least four to six months before the release clause becomes active and it seems that in the circumstances, we are always on the back foot when it comes to other clubs wanting our star players.

I guess what I am trying to say is that if we attempted to offer contracts during the season that reflect a player's performance and contribution to the team, we would be in control and might be better able to intercept other clubs trying to poach our best players. To an extent, the same thing happened with Icardi. We refused to offer a renewal and so much time passed that it looked like the club did not really value his contribution nor did it care that he was possibly not getting paid what he deserves.
    Last edited by Puma; 22 May 20 at 01:02.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yeah, it also might increase the tension between the player and the club, or at least the discontent or confusion might grow in player. When he's waiting for that renewal, future is uncertain etc etc. Same happened with Icardi and it blew up completely in the end with Wanda going ape shit in the media.

They should just give the fucking extension but that's not how we operate. I just hate it if Lautaro leaves because we don't want to pay him.

16. Thanks (1): Strale

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Yeah, it also might increase the tension between the player and the club, or at least the discontent or confusion might grow in player. When he's waiting for that renewal, future is uncertain etc etc. Same happened with Icardi and it blew up completely in the end with Wanda going ape shit in the media.

They should just give the fucking extension but that's not how we operate. I just hate it if Lautaro leaves because we don't want to pay him.
    Well, besides the obvious, it would also send a pretty bad message to other players we would love to recruit. You have to pay top talent in order to bring them in. If Lautaro hasn't proven himself to be a top talent yet, then he's certainly well on his way. We're not doing ourselves any favours if we have someone like that and aren't willing to pay them a salary they've proven they deserve.

18. Thanks (3): Adriano, CafeCordoba, MVD

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Vidal + Rakitic + cash? Yes, please. We got enough strikers tbh. Even Icardi joining back, would be lethal with Lukaku (though Lautaro provides a different skill set).
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    Vidal + Rakitic + cash? Yes, please. We got enough strikers tbh. Even Icardi joining back, would be lethal with Lukaku (though Lautaro provides a different skill set).
    Fuck Vidal and Rakitic. Neither player wanted to come here when there were rumours of that happening over the last 12 months. Vidal is too old and his wages are too high. If we want a player in the Vidal mould then we should look no further than Naingollan. As for Rakitic, he has never rated us so he can stay at Barcelona.

Icardi is not coming back. Try pulling your head from your anus and getting serious.
    Last edited by Puma; 22 May 20 at 03:51.

21. Thanks (1): DARi0

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Canada

lautaro is a legitimate future star potential unless we get someone equal or better currently, we will get ripped off

vidal and rakitic plus cash wont do anything for us, both players will last like 1-2 seaons max while not contributing jack shit to our results most likely, and the cash will disappear within seconds on some pointless last second transfer

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    No thanks to Rakitic and Vidal. Rakitic is done and Vidal has one year left at best. We're a football club, not a retirement home. Anyway, the situation in midfield isn't nowhere near as bad as it used to be. A Brozovic backup is the only absolute necesity in midfield (preferrably Tonali). Another b2b would just be an added bonus. Brozovic, Barella, Eriksen, Sensi, Tonali, Gagliardini/Vecino are good enough for 3 positions. We have far greater needs in other areas. We have no one who is good enough to start at WB positions and the squad depth in attack is non-existent. We have two forwards and a youngster for 2 positions. Far from enough. We need two forwards (3 if Lautaro is sold). An LCB would also be useful as we have no one to rotate with Bastoni.
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

24. Thanks (4): Adriano, eduzee, MVD, Strale

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    GdS rumors there's a pact between Inter and Lautaro, that he will not force the move. Only when a satisfactory offer arrives, Lautaro can go to Barcelona.

This has been the case from the start. There is simply no problem for Inter in this regard, but apparently we want to rather collect the money if it's possible (thus the waiting) than keep the player. In my mind this sucks.

https://www.fcinter1908.it/copertina...ro-carte-mano/

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Safe to assume Lautaro has told Inter he will move to Barcelona eventually. Renewal offer would be a waste of paper. Glad he's been professional about it and didnt play games by forcing a move.

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    Fuck Vidal and Rakitic. Neither player wanted to come here when there were rumours of that happening over the last 12 months. Vidal is too old and his wages are too high. If we want a player in the Vidal mould then we should look no further than Naingollan. As for Rakitic, he has never rated us so he can stay at Barcelona.

Icardi is not coming back. Try pulling your head from your anus and getting serious.

Why you bother with trolls? Dude has nothing smarter to do for years.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

28. Thanks (1): Wings

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

For whatever it's worth, It was Vidal and Rakitic that opened us up like a tuna can in both meetings vs barca.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    Safe to assume Lautaro has told Inter he will move to Barcelona eventually. Renewal offer would be a waste of paper. Glad he's been professional about it and didnt play games by forcing a move.

So you think he keeps playing for that 1.5m€ base salary? Nah I won't sign a renewal which would triple or quadruple my salary.