Page 169 of 192 FirstFirst ... 69119159166167168169170171172179 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 3829

Thread: Lautaro Martinez

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I don't think we have to match that salary. I believe if we like quadruple Lautaro's salary (1.5m€) and add some bonuses, it will be fine. Or maybe some kind of rising yearly salary starting from 4-5m€ or something. And removing the clause completely or upping the set price, which would be totally fine too. If he wants to go later, just arrange a buyer to pay the clause and you're free to go (Raiola style).

It's also a bit questionable if Barcelona have really even offered such salary mentioned in rumors. Their main priority is to get rid of salaries and players to generate cash and decrease their wage bill. Offering some 10-13m€ net salary is very questionable claim at this point. Before they have settled the situations with let's say Coutinho and Rakitic, I think it's hard for them to add expensive players to their squad.

2. Thanks (1): eduzee

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    According to Di Marzio, Inter prefer Firpo over Semedo as a counterpart in the deal for Lautaro.
    They paid 18m€ + 12m€ bonuses for Junior Firpo just last August. Chances are in their eyes he'd be rated at least 20m€, probably even more.

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    They paid 18m€ + 12m€ bonuses for Junior Firpo just last August. Chances are in their eyes he'd be rated at least 20m€, probably even more.
    Firpo has been pretty poor for them so they value him around 20-25m while they value Semedo around 45m (according to Spanish media). Perhaps that's the reason we prefer Firpo as we would be getting much more cash.
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    But do we really want to take a poor player as makeweight do that Barca don't have to pay that much in cash? Yet another WB/FB for 20m€+?

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    That would be same that we offer 30 millions and Lazaro for Werner.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

9. Thanks (1): Il Drago

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    But do we really want to take a poor player as makeweight do that Barca don't have to pay that much in cash? Yet another WB/FB for 20m€+?
    I really don't know why we would want Firpo. I prefer other players over him for our left side. Firpo was good at Betis as a wingback so perhaps Conte believes he can regain his form if he's used as a wingback again and his poor performances at Barcelona have mostly to do with back 4 formation.
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

11. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, MVD, thatdude

Poland

Firpo is a massive flop for Barcelona. I watched him just once when he was a Betis player, when we played against AC Milan, and he was great, but his performances for Barcelona were very poor. On the other side, he would have a low contract for sure (at least in comparison with Semedo), he is still young and has experience as wingback which is unusual asset. And there are no many options for left wingback, there are many more for right wingback in my opinion.

Switzerland

MD are also saying Firpo doesn't want to leave. He was great at Betis under Setien but initially feels like the move to Barca was perhaps too big or too soon, he looks unsure of himself so far. I do not have confidence in him as a result

Fav. Player
    Matrix

Denmark

So, Scaloni just outright went and said, that it'd be better (for the national team) if Lautaro transfered to Barca.

What an complete fucking cunt. Say what you will about Barca (or any other club for that sake), but a national team manager should be way above speculation on rumors on players he himself will be picking. This is basically more or less putting indirect pressure on a twenty-two year old, telling him, that if he wants to succeed at a national level, he should change employer.

Get Zhang and Marotta on his ass.

Switzerland

It's only normal Scaloni would want his best players playing together at club level, logically that improves chemistry & link up that NT play cannot replicate - much ado about nada IMO

Fav. Player
    Matrix

Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    It's only normal Scaloni would want his best players playing together at club level, logically that improves chemistry & link up that NT play cannot replicate - much ado about nada IMO
    Of course it's normal for him to believe what he thinks is best for the players available for selection, it's a whole nother' thing for him to come out and say it to the press. You do realize this is putting an immense amount of pressure on Martinez, seeing as this is literally the guy who chooses if he plays for his country or not, right? You'd have to be either blind or support a club that has made commenting on other club's players time and time again a part of their ever dwindling and laughable 'DNA' as their go-to means of negotiation to not see that. This isn't - or at least shouldn't be - the new normal.

Scaloni doesn't pay Lautaro anything, we do. We've never meddled in the Argentinean national team's business, I don't see how Scaloni thinks he has any reason to meddle in ours. Maybe he should focus on making his team a little less crap instead.
    Last edited by _OC_; 20 May 20 at 20:39.

17. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, eduzee, hitmax

Switzerland

I suspect it's less a direct/indirect pressure on the player, arguably pressure on Inter but unlikely. At the end of the day, people put a microphone in front of people all the time on football speculation, it's the world we live in

Personally, I found the 'headline' silly in the absence of real news or active football atm - it's only topical because there's interest in the topic. I don't think anyone really cares what Scaloni thinks, certainly not those potentially involved in a transfer

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Eh, Scaloni should very much keep his mouth shut. But Lautaro should also know he's going to be Argentina's number 9 for the foreseeable future regardless of where he plays; Aguero and Higuain are getting old, Icardi doesn't get a fucking sniff, and Dybala shits the bed every time he puts on that jersey. I hope he's got someone around him to remind him of this.

Also, you know, Messi's 32. How many international tournaments has he got left?
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

20. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Let's be sincere. Losing Lautaro is going to be all on Marotta.
    of course something like that could only come from you. I like Lautaro but if he only want's to leave us, he should do it. I don't want another Icardi case with the player asking every year money and letting her agent talk bullshit in TV.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    You are making up shit and projecting some future scenarios out of your ass. Why would you expect Lautaro to be like Icardi? Lautaro wants to get paid? No shit when has 16+4 for this season so far and his base salary is 1.5m€ net. And Barcelona wants to sign him. Of course he wants more money. We should pay him, give him a good offer (of course not as big has Barcelona's reported offer).

There's been constant reports that Lautaro do not want to push for the transfer. It means it's up to the management to sell or keep him.

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    You are making up shit and projecting some future scenarios out of your ass. Why would you expect Lautaro to be like Icardi? Lautaro wants to get paid? No shit when has 16+4 for this season so far and his base salary is 1.5m€ net. And Barcelona wants to sign him. Of course he wants more money. We should pay him, give him a good offer (of course not as big has Barcelona's reported offer).

There's been constant reports that Lautaro do not want to push for the transfer. It means it's up to the management to sell or keep him.
    There was no significant signs that Lautaro wants to stay. More than one year ago, i'm reading different rumours that he wants to play Messi with instead. Which i'm my opinion is much more reliable than some isolated rumors that he wants to sign new contract.
    I don't see how the Icardi's saga will repeat but it could turn to another Perisic's case. If you remember Perisic wanted ManU move and Inter gave him better contract to keep him. Next summer we again missed to sell him as it was obvious that he wanted to go. Now we have unwanted player who even cannot make Bayern to trigger his 20mln clause which is peanuts for them.
    I don't say that this will happen to Lautaro as his best years are ahead of him but the lesson here is do not keep unhappy player. At this moment i've read that the management wants 90mln + player which for me is good deal and definitely more than Luataro quality NOW.

24. Thanks (2): ElDuccio, vex

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    There was no significant signs that Lautaro wants to stay. More than one year ago, i'm reading different rumours that he wants to play Messi with instead. Which i'm my opinion is much more reliable than some isolated rumors that he wants to sign new contract.
    I don't see how the Icardi's saga will repeat but it could turn to another Perisic's case. If you remember Perisic wanted ManU move and Inter gave him better contract to keep him. Next summer we again missed to sell him as it was obvious that he wanted to go. Now we have unwanted player who even cannot make Bayern to trigger his 20mln clause which is peanuts for them.
    I don't say that this will happen to Lautaro as his best years are ahead of him but the lesson here is do not keep unhappy player. At this moment i've read that the management wants 90mln + player which for me is good deal and definitely more than Luataro quality NOW.
    There is a replacement cost issue with Lautaro. This includes a new signings integration/settling into the team component.

Perisic is a managerial preference issue. Under a different manager Perisic would have been a main player this season just as he was in prior ones.

26. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, DARi0

South Korea

The release clause is worth more than how good Lautaro is now, but that is also the value of his potential.

I agree that Lautaro has at least some mind to leaving, but I think you are ignoring two other things with Perisic compared to Lautaro. First, Perisic was older than Lautaro is now. His decline can't be attributed entirely to unhappiness, especially for a player who relies a great deal on his physicality. I'm sure Perisic's age also increased his unhappiness, since it meant he might've lost his last chance for a big move. If Lautaro doesn't leave this summer, he'll have plenty of chances in the future.

Second, I think Lautaro has a much higher ceiling than Perisic ever did, so in that sense it was not wise to sell Perisic when he was probably at the peak of his abilities. Lautaro still has plenty of time to grow and may become more valuable than his clause now.

So we should hold firm and accept nothing but cash. I don't want any of the expensive rejects that Barcelona are trying to dump onto us.

28. Thanks (2): eduzee, MVD

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jusef View Post
    There is a replacement cost issue with Lautaro. This includes a new signings integration/settling into the team component.

Perisic is a managerial preference issue. Under a different manager Perisic would have been a main player this season just as he was in prior ones.
    It depends who will be a replacement of Lautaro. As for Perisic - he was done in Inter regardless who is the coach. He said few months ago that he doesn't like to stay at a club more than 2-3 seasons. That says enough for his motivation here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wings View Post
    The release clause is worth more than how good Lautaro is now, but that is also the value of his potential.

I agree that Lautaro has at least some mind to leaving, but I think you are ignoring two other things with Perisic compared to Lautaro. First, Perisic was older than Lautaro is now. His decline can't be attributed entirely to unhappiness, especially for a player who relies a great deal on his physicality. I'm sure Perisic's age also increased his unhappiness, since it meant he might've lost his last chance for a big move. If Lautaro doesn't leave this summer, he'll have plenty of chances in the future.

Second, I think Lautaro has a much higher ceiling than Perisic ever did, so in that sense it was not wise to sell Perisic when he was probably at the peak of his abilities. Lautaro still has plenty of time to grow and may become more valuable than his clause now.

So we should hold firm and accept nothing but cash. I don't want any of the expensive rejects that Barcelona are trying to dump onto us.
    I meant the same. My point was that Perisic was unhappy to stay at Inter and most probably same will be with Lautaro. That will affect his performance as well.
    I also prefer to get only cash form Barca but have a feeling that it'll be money + player. I just hope do not get Vidal or Rakitic. Both of them are nearly done but get huge salaries.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Does there have to be some significant signs that a player wants to stay at his current club? This pumping up the hype of Lautaro wanting desperately to play with Messi is from the Spanish press. He surely wants to play with Messi, but he isn't forcing the move. Yes, I'm repeating myself, but this makes a lot of difference compared to situation where player wants to leave and has decided he is going to leave.

If Lautaro comes to Marotta and tells him I want to leave, I'm not happy staying, then the game changes. But so far, Marotta has all the cards.