Page 172 of 195 FirstFirst ... 72122162169170171172173174175182 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 3883

Thread: Lautaro Martinez

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    Doesbt Umtiti have chronic knee issues? Seems a terrible buy. Although we do need a left footed centre back as currently only Bastoni can play LCB. I'd prefer someone else though.
    He does. He spends more time in the infirmary than on the pitch. He would also hinder Bastoni development. Anyway, the rumour is from Sport so it's probably bs.
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I think Rakitic have played atleast as much as Messi these years if not more? An injury free Rakitic instead of Sensi? Yes thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

3. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    javier zanetti

Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned but I think Rakitic have played atleast as much as Messi these years if not more? An injury free Rakitic instead of Sensi? Yes thank you.
    Probably Sensi won't be a starter next season, seems to me we'll play with Eriksen, Barella and Brozo. Rakitic won't sign here to be a rotation player.
    Save Radja.

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by javier_zanetti <3 View Post
    Probably Sensi won't be a starter next season, seems to me we'll play with Eriksen, Barella and Brozo. Rakitic won't sign here to be a rotation player.
    A good coach doesn't put it that way. Hopefully he rotates the team according to which team we play against. Having Sensi as backup is risky too, I still like the idea of Rakitic joining us but not for an overvaluated sum. I rather burn money by putting it on someone else than an oldie
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by javier_zanetti <3 View Post
    Don't want Rakitic here anymore, much rather have Vidal who still has the legs and suits our system better.

Colombia

Well it looks like he’s pretty much gone..
    Over this quarantine I came to terms with it. At then end of the day he wants to go. it’s good business!!! specially if we manage to get Werner or even jovic/aubameyang, I’ll be happy.

I hope cavani is not the straight replacement. He’s still great but he gets injured a lot.

9. Thanks (2): MVD, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Eyjafjallajökul

Serbia

In 3 years when Cavani's reported contract finishes Esposito will be 21. If Esposito really is as talented as it seems, Cavani might be a solid placeholder.

11. Thanks (4): DARi0, javier_zanetti <3, MVD, _OC_

India

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Over this quarantine I came to terms with it. At then end of the day he wants to go. it’s good business!!! specially if we manage to get Werner or even jovic/aubameyang, I’ll be happy.

I hope cavani is not the straight replacement. He’s still great but he gets injured a lot.
    Why do people post this periodically every few days? I thought the latest was that he has a pact with us and won't force a move.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    Why do people post this periodically every few days? I thought the latest was that he has a pact with us and won't force a move.
    This, there's been nothing new regarding Lautaro front. Barcelona don't have cash and until they do, nothing is going to happen in this deal.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I make a correction. A lot of press blabber will happen around this deal. That will most probably affect negatively Inter for sure and might distract Lautaro while we have many games still to be played.

We need to offer him a good contract offer so that Lautaro won't have fear for his future in terms of financial aspects. That he can play at ease knowing he can sign Inter's good contract offer if Inter and Barcelona cannot find an agreement. Since most probable scenario is they can't find an agreement as I don't see Marotta bending his knee and lowering his request considerably or Barcelona having 90m€ (or even close to that figure) in cash for the deal in this summer.

He might not sign that offer yet but knowing it's in the table would probably do good for him and in that way Inter too. Best case scenario is that such offer is already there but I'd wager it would be out there in the press already if it was there.

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF

We need to talk to Lautaro and explain TIMING factor in his career

^ I thought we have agreed this already happened? Lautaro did not seem focused on keeping up his development ever since Messi started talking about him.

I see your point Cafe and I`m sure this new contract is something that has been already discussed, everbody expects Inter to offer Lautaro a higher deal in case he is staying. But we need to carefully position ourselves as a club in this case: reward him for staying (loyalty blabla), not "bribe" him to stay. We are not a prison, so anyone can go for the right amount. However, we don`t want to let go our best players, so we are not selling cheaply. There would be little point for us to increase his salary now (and pay him another signing on fee) knowning he wants to leave. In case he decides to stay a bit more, we can of course make an adjustment. I believe this is how this is going to be played out.

Quote Originally Posted by _OC_ View Post
    So, Scaloni just outright went and said, that it'd be better (for the national team) if Lautaro transfered to Barca.

What an complete fucking cunt.
    He seems to have made another statement in the meanwhile, did Marotta give him a call?
    Argentina CT Lionel Scaloni thinks Inter forward Lautaro Martinez ‘will have to sacrifice himself’ if he moves to Barcelona.
    The 22-year-old has been linked with a move to the Catalan giants in recent months and the Argentina coach has claimed the most important thing for the former Racing Club star is to ‘play regularly’.

“I would like Lautaro Martinez to play regularly, but he can earn a place in the team because he is young and runs for the others too,” Scaloni told Radio La Red.
    And Scaloni has warned Lautaro about the effort he will need to put down to claim a starting position at Camp Nou. “He must sacrifice himself. Should he go to Barcelona, the coach will have to find a way to make him a starter.”
    Another respected coach said the same:
    Fabio Capello remarked during an interview with Spanish radio station Cadena Ser:
    “Lautaro is an excellent player. He is a player who knows how to move well in the area and is very quick to shoot at goal. He has a lot of quality,” earlier on today. “Although I think for him to get to Barcelona and be a starter whilst Luis Suarez is there could be complicated and I think it is better to be a starter at Inter than a reserve for Barcelona.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post

I did not, as finally we have an exciting and unpredictable player and we think of selling him at first sniffer? Fuck off. Klopp is constantly on video calls with fellow german Werner, why do you think he is interested in coming to Italy?! I would not bet on it. If we have the possibility to pay such high salaries, just give it to Cavani, he can come for free. Jovic is a flop at this point, let milan experiment with him.

It`s not done until Marotta says so. We are lucky to have his protection in these kind of scenarios, as he knows how to deal with these and make the most of it. BTW, we are not in the business of selling players, we are trying to win. So If Barcelona wants to buy someone, they must learn we are not a supermarket [AS Roma anyone?]. Lautaro has the same value for us as well, as we are trying to put in a title challenge and build on that. Nobody is irreplaceable, but nobody says Lautaro has to be sold this year. For us it would make sense to hold onto himi as much as possible, further raise [and confirm his resalue value], while actually winning trophies. He will also have a different status joining them as a CHAMPION, instead of Suarez understudy. I mean when you want to buy new model of smartphone, you don`t go begging to the store, you sell your existing phone(s) and start saving! That is exactly what Barcelona need to do if they want to buy him.
    NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

Colombia

Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    I did not, as finally we have an exciting and unpredictable player and we think of selling him at first sniffer? Fuck off. Klopp is constantly on video calls with fellow german Werner, why do you think he is interested in coming to Italy?! I would not bet on it. If we have the possibility to pay such high salaries, just give it to Cavani, he can come for free. Jovic is a flop at this point, let milan experiment with him.

It`s not done until Marotta says so. We are lucky to have his protection in these kind of scenarios, as he knows how to deal with these and make the most of it. BTW, we are not in the business of selling players, we are trying to win. So If Barcelona wants to buy someone, they must learn we are not a supermarket [AS Roma anyone?]. Lautaro has the same value for us as well, as we are trying to put in a title challenge and build on that. Nobody is irreplaceable, but nobody says Lautaro has to be sold this year. For us it would make sense to hold onto himi as much as possible, further raise [and confirm his resalue value], while actually winning trophies. He will also have a different status joining them as a CHAMPION, instead of Suarez understudy. I mean when you want to buy new model of smartphone, you don`t go begging to the store, you sell your existing phone(s) and start saving! That is exactly what Barcelona need to do if they want to buy him.
    I agree with you. Im just saying that I came to terms with it if it happens.... but absolutely don’t want him to leave. We gotta be more like Bayern. They don’t sell their stars. Even if they want to go they manage to keep them happy cuz they are competitive.
    I do think Werner is unlikely, all I’m saying is that looking at it as a business and sporting move selling Lautaro and getting Werner is genius move.

I do think Jovic is gonna be great tho. He just choose the wrong team. Zidane is not benching benzema.
    That’s something Lautaro gotta think about. He still has plenty of time to evolve and get there but when you have Messi sweet taking in your ear, Is hard to complete against that

Australia

10 years of FIF
    I am not really sure where things stand at the moment. I am tired of reading the rumours that have been swirling around since before lock down and have intensified over the last few months. The Spanish media have speculated and written so much shit that it is hard to distinguish between fact and fiction. And perhaps the only counter to that has been the relative silence of the Italian media.

I honestly have been trying to get my head around the possibility that Inter might lose Martinez. What I find extremely frustrating is that the club's management talk about how they want to get the club back to winning ways and where we truly belong but our actions are contrary to that. Perhaps the part that I really find difficult to digest is that there is little sign of future building. Barcelona want Martinez because they recognise and know full well that he will become a mainstay in the starting eleven that will make regular and crucial contributions for years to come. Whereas Inter are looking for replacements and allegedly making contract offers to the likes of Cavani and and Martens, well over thirty year old footballers who are nothing but stop gap/short term solutions. Where is the future in that kind of player? Where is our long vision for the future?

I guess the question I have is why can't our management see that? Or if they do see it, why don't they act on it? It leaves me to think that they are extremely confident the player will stay at Inter or they are negligent in the manner in which they are building the team. I recognise that he still has several years left on his contract and that it is probably too early to double or triple his wages. And I am not suggesting that we should offer him a bumper contract at such a young age. I acknowledge that I do not know what is going on behind the scenes but there has to be a middle ground and a means by which Inter takes active steps to protect its assets.

Perhaps the only other thought that I have to add is that in future, I really hope the club refuses to insert release clauses into player contracts that are operational for the first two weeks of June or July. Those clauses are open the door for clubs to poach our players and are the very reason that we have been forced into this position. I also hope that the club will negotiate and renew player contracts during the season rather than waiting until the summer.

Just on that last point, I read this week that our management are working on trying to tie down Brozovic to a new contract as he is essential to our team. I am guessing that the only reason they have not done that for Martinez is because: (1) he has several years left on his contract and it is too early to offer a new one; (2) they know Barcelona cannot afford him; or (3) they feel that he is replaceable. I just wish we had some certainty.
    Last edited by Puma; 27 May 20 at 03:09.

18. Thanks (1): eduzee

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    That release clause is not our problem. Barcelona is not willing to pay that. It's the will of the player which is causing this thing. Even though Lautaro has communicated he won't force a move, the management sees the opportunity to make plusvalenza out of this deal so they are figuring out how to do it.

Issue for me is indeed that Lautaro is a future star player and we should try to retain such players. If such player doesn't want to stay at Inter, he shouldn't be allowed to leave on his terms given he has so many years left of his contract. We should sign a new contract with him and promise him a move next summer (given adequate offer from Barcelona). This summer I wouldn't accept anything below 110m€. It is not at the best interest of the club to have to forcefully sell a key player. There should be time to plan for the exit and preparation for that. That's why I'd push the move one year with a pact with Lautaro so that we can get the replacement in time without the necessity and need on the pitch like it will be this summer if he's sold now.

20. Thanks (1): eduzee

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    That release clause is not our problem. Barcelona is not willing to pay that. It's the will of the player which is causing this thing. Even though Lautaro has communicated he won't force a move, the management sees the opportunity to make plusvalenza out of this deal so they are figuring out how to do it.

Issue for me is indeed that Lautaro is a future star player and we should try to retain such players. If such player doesn't want to stay at Inter, he shouldn't be allowed to leave on his terms given he has so many years left of his contract. We should sign a new contract with him and promise him a move next summer (given adequate offer from Barcelona). This summer I wouldn't accept anything below 110m€. It is not at the best interest of the club to have to forcefully sell a key player. There should be time to plan for the exit and preparation for that. That's why I'd push the move one year with a pact with Lautaro so that we can get the replacement in time without the necessity and need on the pitch like it will be this summer if he's sold now.
    I understand what you are saying about making a pact with the player and selling him on at the end of next season but that is a long time to keep a player whose heart is in another city with another club. How can a player give their best for Inter when deep down they really do not want to be at the club or would rather be somewhere else?

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Well that's the issue we have at the moment. If the issue is so hard that Lautaro can't see himself continuing at Inter anymore. But we do not know if that is the case. Press can write all kind of shit about what Lautaro wants but that does not mean much, specially coming from Spanish press.

Inter has always been a club who hasn't kept players against their will but I don't know will that change. We need to start protecting the club's interests in terms of asset valuations. If Lautaro has made a pact with the club that he won't force a move, that could be an indication that he is not desperately graving for Barcelona? That he respects the club who brought him to Europe and bigger stages. That way a pact of giving one more year for the club could perhaps be made?

After all, you cannot expect a transfer to be made just like that if your value is super high and the buyer do not have money. You have 3 years of your contract left so there is really not much leverage. Of course neither party wants to go to that kind of discussion and they most probably will not go there. If the decisions will be made that he won't be moved because Barcelona is poor beggars, they start to talk about new contract with some release clause (or pact with Lautaro that he will get his move given Barcelona will have money later).

23. Thanks (1): eduzee

Switzerland

Should be like any other business. Contracts are made but also broken, you have to consider the will of the parties involved and if it is not sustainable you seek a solution amenable/palatable to all parties

I don't believe Lautaro will or should force a move but that doesn't equate to accepting no deal on a transfer to Barca either as it does not feel like simply conjecture or Catalan press manufacturing interest. I have only had the impression the player wants this move & no other

Yes, there is a contract but unlikely he will sit idly by if intransigence threatens to scupper it ultimately. Once negotiations in a player + cash reach an impasse, I suspect pressure will return to the player to push Inter to facilitate a deal since I see no scenario where Barca pay 110M. I still see his future in blaugrana colors

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yes, that's what I fear what will be the position of Inter in the end. That Lautaro starts to push for the transfer after all. But we need to stay tough. Honestly Inter is better with unhappy Lautaro than some 50-60m€ in cash + shitters from Barcelona. It's not like Lautaro starts to sulk like hell at the age of 22. He needs to keep playing well to get that transfer later.

That would signal also that Inter is not a supermarket. We do as we please and what suits best for the club. Lautaro has a long contract left so it's not like his will means much when doing business. At that age, Lautaro needs to continue putting good results, he has less than a season of great performances under his belt. If he sulks and performances goes down, he ain't getting any moves to Barcelona later in the future.

I don't see big leverage in Lautaro's side so we should act accordingly.

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
    But a past-it Rakitic and a could-be-past-it-at-any-time Vidal\
    Barca fans berate their players for being A- level players when they want A+. Meanwhile for us, in midfield even B+ players would be extremely helpful.

We have to realize we're operating on 2 different standards. Barca wants to win CL and league. We just want to catch Rube offguard once. Vidal/Rakitic are dudes who've won trophies and been around the block. We need that mentality. We can't shit our bed last second. #1 key to closing a season well is you need champion mentality.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

27. Thanks (1): Lui

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Let's sell him for 90mil before we turn him into a 30 mil player.

If we improve our wingback and midfield situation through this sale, no one is going to give a shit if hes gone. Dismantling a previously shit team while simultaneously constructing a younger, deeper squad to overcome Juventus is our primary and most difficult objective. We probably need 6-8 players and at least another season to make this happen, and it's hard to see it happening without selling Lautaro.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

29. Thanks (2): Materazzi_23, thatdude