Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 498996979899
Results 1,961 to 1,975 of 1975

Thread: UEFA Champions League 2018/2019

Italy

It's funny to read a few “maîtres à penser” of Italian football journalism, on prestigious newspapers, being moralistic and calling for a long suspension or even some sort of ban (!) for Simeone “the troglodyte”, guilty of his vulgar gesture.
    No real indignation for the unsportsmanlike conduct of Bonucci or the acting of Chiellini, the same Chiellini who was backed up by many last season when he figuratively accused Real/Uefa of corruption in the heat of the moment with his “you pay” gesture (oh, the irony and contrappasso/poetic justice!), the same Juventus showcasing revoked scudettos at the Stadium while nobody does anything about it.

Anyway, in addition to all the circumstances and CL-related problems, there was general consensus on the fact that the Bianconeri have been playing poorly for months, coasting and getting away with it because “Serie A” and “everything else” while fellated by the media.
    They had it coming for a while. Listening to some of their not-obnubilated fans, the last shocking minutes of Juventus-Manchester United were certainly a factor: not only the Red Devils comeback had a psychological impact on the players after a flowy promising start of their European campaign back in autumn, but la capra Allegri turned back to the old conservative/cautious/fear-dictated mindset since then, and it showed yesterday. I kinda like this version, again for “poetic” reasons.

That being said: masterclass by El Cholo despite all the adversities, Godin immense as usual, Griezmann in total player mode (especially towards the end)... but the game should have ended 4-0 and, sadly, there will be the inevitable remuntada and a lot of violins playing in three weeks. Still, it was a satisfying night of football.

Fav. Player
    Yung Bubby

Austria

I am actually so delighted that Juve brought Bonucci back.

Watching the ball bounce off of this diver and falling in front of Gimenez was just beautiful.
    角 言 谷 走 近 里 麦 画 東 京 夜 Trappin' in Garden of Eden 久 仏 支 比 可 旧 永 句 圧 弁 布 Stay A E S T H E T I C 牧 的 季工英 芽 単 省夕支 Lean Sommilier 皿 礼 両 曲 向 州 径 巡 次 安 守

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Godin, the soon to be Inter player, scoring by having his shot be deflected in by Ronaldo, the man bought to win them the CL, is delicious in too many ways to describe.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

if someone still see Allegri as a good coach today, please click on "log out", thanks
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#InterIsGone

antijinx

5. Thanks (1): InterFCAustin

Fav. Player
    D.Milito

Somalia

Allegri's approach is similar to Spaletti vs PSV. I can see Agnelli replace him with Zidane next season.

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    Can we beg to FIFA to convert , lets say 30 crosses per game into 1 goal?

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Atletico are prob the least lucky team in the CL i have ever seen, especially their 1-4 loss. Strange that they could have won 2 in recent years and end up with 0. This year they actually have a chance though, all the other strong teams look dodgy.

8. Thanks (1): phonk

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by ElDiego22 View Post
    Allegri's approach is similar to Spaletti vs PSV.

#InterIsGone

antijinx

Fav. Player
    Yung Bubby

Austria

Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
    Atletico are prob the least lucky team in the CL i have ever seen, especially their 1-4 loss. Strange that they could have won 2 in recent years and end up with 0. This year they actually have a chance though, all the other strong teams look dodgy.
    100%. Maybe it’s a little to early to talk about this since they are not through yet but it’s looking good, in case Juve doesn’t pull out a miracle out of their ass.

The usual suspects (Barcelona, Real, Juve, Bayern) are weaker compared to previous years. Out of those I’d say Barca is still by far the biggest threat. They are pretty inconsistent this year but on a good day they are still very hard to beat. Bayern and Real won’t go very far either, their squads are not what they used to be, neither are the coaches. Juve are obviously eliminated anyway, should Atlético go through.

The best teams after that would be Man City and PSG but I honestly doubt they will win it. It just seems like they don’t have the right mindset for this competition. They usually go out in the quarters, City reached the semis only once in recent years.

Experience and winning mentality as well as a great team and a fantastic coach are huge factors and current Atlético combines all of this.

It’s now or never. They have to exploit the struggles that their main rivals are currently having. In a year many things can change.
    角 言 谷 走 近 里 麦 画 東 京 夜 Trappin' in Garden of Eden 久 仏 支 比 可 旧 永 句 圧 弁 布 Stay A E S T H E T I C 牧 的 季工英 芽 単 省夕支 Lean Sommilier 皿 礼 両 曲 向 州 径 巡 次 安 守

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    if someone still see Allegri as a good coach today, please click on "log out", thanks
    So Allegri is not a good coach now because his team lost a game to a really good opponent? That literally doesn't make any sense at all..

I guess Simeone isn't a good coach either, since he got slammed by Solari a couple weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

12. Thanks (2): thatdude, wera

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    That is true, especially with Greizmann who may want to leave in the future. Barcelona and Messi are always up there but their defense is very fragile and they can easily get caught on the counter.

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    So Allegri is not a good coach now because his team lost a game to a really good opponent? That literally doesn't make any sense at all..

I guess Simeone isn't a good coach either, since he got slammed by Solari a couple weeks ago.
    No but if you watched the game, you would see that Juve is tactial weak. They needed to play offensive and not to wait for Atletico. They let them play too much, the first half was ridicolous. You have a incredible forward and defend like youre a underdog.

#InterIsGone

antijinx

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    No but if you watched the game, you would see that Juve is tactial weak. They needed to play offensive and not to wait for Atletico. They let them play too much, the first half was ridicolous. You have a incredible forward and defend like youre a underdog.
    But but but do you know how many scudetti Allegri has?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    Google and Youtube are some next level shit though. That's like air at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

16. Thanks (1): ElDuccio

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    that's pretty good

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.facebook.com/robinHood22...4410645925209/

hilarious
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

19. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Ed., Pajo

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Gomorra <3
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

21. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, ElDuccio