Page 163 of 163 FirstFirst ... 63113153160161162163
Results 3,241 to 3,257 of 3257

Thread: UEFA Champions League 2018/2019

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Aguero is a complete waste of a career. He was the last player I was overly hyped to see coming from Argentina and would stay up to watch this 16 year old torment defences in a very harsh league for dribbling wizards. He had legend written all over him, now he's just going to be remembered by the fans of the second team of a relatively unimportant football city. Historically no one gives a shit about the Manchester derby except the people of Manchester and it's only recently that the whole of England started taking notice. Even the Sevilla and Genoa derbies have a bigger domestic hype than that one. Historically of course.

Should have went to Real Madrid or come to Inter in 2011.

2. Thanks (1): Dogen

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

He is the main reason Manchester City became a powerhouse, at least in England. Except for fucking up in World Cup and in CL I don't think he'll have a lot of regrets regarding his own career. There are other big players that achieved a lot less.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

4. Thanks (1): Dogen

Fav. Player
    Brozović

Croatia

Can I say it here without being banned?

Allegri is an idiot. He didn't start Chiellini, Cancelo nor Mandžukić. He also didn't include Cuadrado in CL. He sticks to his stubborn 4-3-3 formation and after ruining Dybala by giving him bread crumbs all season he makes him the captain for the most important match of the season?

Sack him immediately.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Aguero is a complete waste of a career. He was the last player I was overly hyped to see coming from Argentina and would stay up to watch this 16 year old torment defences in a very harsh league for dribbling wizards. He had legend written all over him, now he's just going to be remembered by the fans of the second team of a relatively unimportant football city. Historically no one gives a shit about the Manchester derby except the people of Manchester and it's only recently that the whole of England started taking notice. Even the Sevilla and Genoa derbies have a bigger domestic hype than that one. Historically of course.

Should have went to Real Madrid or come to Inter in 2011.
    At Real Madrid was a possibility, but Inter in 2011!!! I start laughing with my ass!

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Nevermind
    http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by andrei View Post
    At Real Madrid was a possibility, but Inter in 2011!!! I start laughing with my ass!
    2011 was a season where Real Madrid had an offer for Milito that we declined (granted because the player did not want to move) and we could have sold Eto'o earlier for possibly a slightly higher amount. Or sold Sneijder to Man Utd for around 30-40m. Maicon could have also been sold for 35m to Real Madrid then. We just didn't want to sell half the team and rebuild for the future despite knowing our potential constraints.

Aguero was feasible and he'd love to come in our Asado party for sure. The problem, as was with Alexis Sanchez, was that Moratti didn't want to spend more and wanted to give a last hurrah to our tripleta heroes.

Not signing Mascherano in 2010 and not going for Aguero (and Sanchez as an alternative) in 2011 is what set us back and caused us this disastrous decade. We'd at least be a perennial CL participant with those moves.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc1983 View Post

Allegri is an idiot. He didn't start Chiellini, Cancelo nor Mandžukić. He also didn't include Cuadrado in CL. He sticks to his stubborn 4-3-3 formation and after ruining Dybala by giving him bread crumbs all season he makes him the captain for the most important match of the season?

Sack him immediately.
    Chiellini and Mandzukic were injured.

If Dybala can't step up against Ajax, then that's Dybala's problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

10. Thanks (1): ADRossi

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Marc1983 View Post

Sack him immediately.
    Rizzoli's absence was very significant, the whole midfield looked disoriented.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    2011 was a season where Real Madrid had an offer for Milito that we declined (granted because the player did not want to move) and we could have sold Eto'o earlier for possibly a slightly higher amount. Or sold Sneijder to Man Utd for around 30-40m. Maicon could have also been sold for 35m to Real Madrid then. We just didn't want to sell half the team and rebuild for the future despite knowing our potential constraints.

Aguero was feasible and he'd love to come in our Asado party for sure. The problem, as was with Alexis Sanchez, was that Moratti didn't want to spend more and wanted to give a last hurrah to our tripleta heroes.

Not signing Mascherano in 2010 and not going for Aguero (and Sanchez as an alternative) in 2011 is what set us back and caused us this disastrous decade. We'd at least be a perennial CL participant with those moves.
    Brehme, it's not about feasible or not!
    After 2010 we were virtualy broke! We stood on a pile of debt! Supposely Moratti paid over 1b from his pocket. What Moratti did was not sustainable (only if Moratti would have been 10x richer). He treated Inter like a hobby not a business. And that was his fundamental mistake.
    He pumped money until the treble (a sensational achievement and all of us are grateful for), but after that it was clear it cannot go on! He was maybe not at the bottom of the barrel, but obvious that he cannot sustain the club as usual. And we pay until today for that kind of management.
    Aguerro costed over 45m and we were in cost control!

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Imagine us not making the CL spots because Juve got knocked out of CL and decided to play seriously in the league until the end.

Is Juve failing in CL worth Inter not making CL?
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

Didn't Moratti lost a lot of money due to the war in Libya and that was the main reason he couldn't continue with Inter? I thought I had read something on the news about this but I can't find it anymore.

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Imagine us not making the CL spots because Juve got knocked out of CL and decided to play seriously in the league until the end.

It was not a matter of choice, so it's a non sequitur.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

16. Thanks (2): jamsieboy86, Wings

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    To think that Tottenham didn't spend a cent last summer in the mercato is mind blowing, zero additional expenses (to the basis ala annual wages, etc), And doubling their revenues by good management and stability in the ranks, maybe they didn't do so well in the league but keeping up with a billion pounds clubs for a whole season is considered an achievement too.

Love them or hate them, Tottenham and Ajax should be considered role models, they deserve respect and hope one of them wins the CL for football's sake.
    ...and because the alternatives are Liverpool or Barcelona...so go whoever wins this tie.

Fav. Player
    Brozović

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    If Dybala can't step up against Ajax, then that's Dybala's problem.
    I disagree.

Fav. Player
    Brozović

Croatia

Don't worry, wera. Your CL spot is secure.

20. Thanks (1): firmino

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

If we lose to Roma, we lose the spot in two rounds, IMO

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

10 years of FIF
    Roma is worse than us. So, unless we pull a traditional Inter-horrible performance, we should be fine with getting a positive result or even a win wouldn't be a surprise at all.

However I'm sure that Juve will play for their lives to defat us, even though they will claim their Scudetto before they meet us. Give me at least one point against Roma and we can feel relaxed for the rest of the upcoming games. Champions League is on the table, we cannot screw it up.