Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 185865666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1459

Thread: UEFA Champions League 2018/2019

  1. #1341

    Join Date
    25 Feb 13
    Posts
    1,798
    Thanked
    2,397 times

    Vietnam

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    https://doingtherondo.com/2017/11/12...hat-never-was/

    Nice article about a game played between us and Mochengladbach in their best ever European performance. I'm sure Brehme can say that he was there and the article is completely wrong
    Yup he would confirm it was not a Cocacola can, but Pepsi

    Plot twist: brehme was the police who hid the can in his pocket #photosincoming.

  2. #1342
    Kramerica Industries's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Apr 18
    Posts
    498
    Thanked
    673 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    United States

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    https://doingtherondo.com/2017/11/12...hat-never-was/

    Nice article about a game played between us and Mochengladbach in their best ever European performance. I'm sure Brehme can say that he was there and the article is completely wrong
    I was just looking up the other day to see if Gladbach and Inter had ever met in European competition, and I saw a story on the same event from Serpents of Madonnina. Good thing it happened 45+ years ago, otherwise things would be a little uncomfortable for me.

    Either way, they met that year and they met in the '78-'79 UEFA Cup, I think it was. So it's been a hell of a long time since their last competitive meeting. Outside of a UCL final (good luck with Gladbach ever going that far these days), I'll be happy with them never meeting again at all.

  3. #1343
    nerazzurri4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Jul 07
    Posts
    6,468
    Thanked
    9,530 times
    Fav. Player
    Mancini

    Trinidad & Tobago

    45 10 years of FIF
    henry should get fired like, during the game

    - - - Updated - - -

    this is a training match

    Unbelievable fall from grace for Monaco
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

    “There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

  4. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, thatdude

  5. #1344
    monster09's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Mar 11
    Posts
    9,850
    Thanked
    8,238 times
    Fav. Player
    Solskjær

    India

    18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    PSG 2-1 Liverpool

    So Liverpool should win against Napoli in last game (assuming PSG wins their game) to qualify.

    Very interesting last round in few groups.

  6. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, thatdude

  7. #1345
    Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Aug 11
    Posts
    3,737
    Thanked
    6,396 times
    Fav. Player
    Adriano

    Switzerland

    12
    I'm pretty confident we'll miss out on round of 16. Chances look very slim.

    1. Barca won't give a shit about their last game and might even look to mess up on purpose to fuck us over.

    2. Tottenham will be playing at 120% to win the last game

    3. PSV are no pushovers even if they're out of the CL. They did well to keep Barca occupied today.

    4. If we win and Tottenham as well, we'd still end up third because of the head-to-head rule.

    5. We're Inter. Losing to underdogs is our thing.
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

  8. #1346
    Il Drago's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Dec 15
    Posts
    4,926
    Thanked
    9,576 times
    Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

    Greece

    Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    henry should get fired like, during the game

    - - - Updated - - -

    this is a training match

    Unbelievable fall from grace for Monaco
    Monaco remind me a lot of Klopp's last season at Dortmund.

  9. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, ADRossi, MVD

  10. #1347
    TheNetworkZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Mar 12
    Posts
    6,190
    Thanked
    5,464 times
    Fav. Player
    The Bro

    Italy

    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    I'm pretty confident we'll miss out on round of 16. Chances look very slim.

    1. Barca won't give a shit about their last game and might even look to mess up on purpose to fuck us over.

    2. Tottenham will be playing at 120% to win the last game

    3. PSV are no pushovers even if they're out of the CL. They did well to keep Barca occupied today.

    4. If we win and Tottenham as well, we'd still end up third because of the head-to-head rule.

    5. We're Inter. Losing to underdogs is our thing.
    Barca's overall home record in the CL these past few seasons has been outstanding. I'll be surprised if they don't win it.
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

  11. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, thatdude, YoramG

  12. #1348


  13. #1349
    ADRossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 10
    Posts
    9,244
    Thanked
    16,535 times

    Netherlands

    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Monaco remind me a lot of Klopp's last season at Dortmund.
    It's almost like selling all your talented players and replacing them with Serie A retreads is a bad idea.

  14. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Il Drago, MVD

  15. #1350
    J..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Feb 13
    Posts
    3,693
    Thanked
    4,954 times
    Old name
    Jrg

    Monaco

    17 Forum Supporter
    That's just great. Spalletti could learn a thing or two from Mourinho in terms of motivating the players by showing passion like this.

  16. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

  17. #1351

    Join Date
    27 May 12
    Posts
    1,943
    Thanked
    761 times
    Fav. Player
    Icardi

    Albania

    Quote Originally Posted by J.. View Post
    That's just great. Spalletti could learn a thing or two from Mourinho in terms of motivating the players by showing passion like this.
    He needs to motivate himself first.

  18. #1352
    phonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 May 18
    Posts
    526
    Thanked
    1,056 times

    Austria

    https://www.iol.co.za/sport/soccer/u...-uefa-18365869

    VAR will be used in Champions League knockout stage, say Uefa

  19. Thanks (2): firmino, MVD

  20. #1353
    Fapuccino's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Apr 12
    Posts
    13,371
    Thanked
    10,917 times
    Fav. Player
    Schelotto

    Brazil

    Quote Originally Posted by J.. View Post
    That's just great. Spalletti could learn a thing or two from Mourinho in terms of motivating the players by showing passion like this.
    That's a waste of a perfectly good set of drinks. Some poor dude had to prepare all that, only for Mourinho to treat it like trash.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

  21. #1354
    Toninu's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 06
    Posts
    10,978
    Thanked
    6,219 times
    Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

    Brazil

    71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by J.. View Post
    That's just great. Spalletti could learn a thing or two from Mourinho in terms of motivating the players by showing passion like this.
    Spalletti doesn't show passion?

    Just go to any gif site and write Spalletti.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

    #RIPRENDIRAFINHA

    #SACKBALDY

    #LOSERMENTALITY

  22. #1355
    Harpsabu's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Jun 11
    Posts
    3,868
    Thanked
    5,843 times
    Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

    Ireland

    any predicted line ups for Barca yet?

  23. #1356
    Somebody stop me! Devious's Avatar
    Join Date
    01 Oct 06
    Posts
    13,733
    Thanked
    29,742 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

    Egypt

    Nicest Poster
    Don't think Messi will play, Valverde said they'll field what's good for their best interest, which means resting most of the starters for the upcoming league game. Promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    I'm just going to assume Spalletti thinks that young, attacking players like Karamoh and Lautaro are like laser guns in video games, or kamehameha in Dragon Ball Z - the longer you hold down the trigger and charge them, the more power they fire with. That's why he waits until the 88th minute to bring them on. If he gives them more time, they'll be weak. He's charging them up for 80+ minutes for bigger impact in those last 120 seconds. pew pew.

  24. #1357
    Jnr's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Feb 07
    Posts
    7,206
    Thanked
    2,871 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

    Estonia

    40 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    any predicted line ups for Barca yet?
    Sport.es is sure there will be heavy rotation.. their prediction and those @ barcaforum:

    Jasper Cillesen
    Semedo* Chumi Vermaelen Miranda
    Vidal Arthur Alena
    Denis Munir Coutinho

    That is their B team, only Coutinho is A.

  25. #1358
    Harpsabu's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Jun 11
    Posts
    3,868
    Thanked
    5,843 times
    Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

    Ireland

    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    Sport.es is sure there will be heavy rotation.. their prediction and those @ barcaforum:

    Jasper Cillesen
    Semedo* Chumi Vermaelen Miranda
    Vidal Arthur Alena
    Denis Munir Coutinho

    That is their B team, only Coutinho is A.
    Arthur and Vidal as well but, fuck. If Barca lose they will cement their place as my second most hated team the ugly fuckers.

  26. Thanks (2): Dylan, thatdude

  27. #1359
    FCBarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 09
    Posts
    3,813
    Thanked
    479 times

    Switzerland

    There is certain to be heavy rotation but that does not equate to tanking the match, they always go out to win

  28. Thanks (1): wera

  29. #1360
    Kramerica Industries's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Apr 18
    Posts
    498
    Thanked
    673 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    United States

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    Arthur and Vidal as well but, fuck. If Barca lose they will cement their place as my second most hated team the ugly fuckers.
    Look, I hate Barça with every fibre of my being, but this isn't their fault. At all. If they want to rotate the squad, it's not like this game means anything for them.

    We fucked up at Wembley. If this ends up being the price we pay, so it goes.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •