Page 133 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3383123130131132133134135136143183 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 3766

Thread: UEFA Champions League 2018/2019

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

I'm so jealous that Dogen is a fuckin' wordsmith with his second language.

2. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, GenDire, MVD

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    Only Ronaldo might save rube against ajax
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

4. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Materazzi_23, MVD

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
    I'm so jealous that Dogen is a fuckin' wordsmith with his second language.
    Dogen is the best poster on FIF but for some reason all you shitters voted for me.

Anyway, I think Chelsea will win the EL.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, Devious, GenDire, MVD

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Japan

I hope Man City for once actually perform in CL and knock juve out, because no way are Ajax beating them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skrinja

Europe

On top of all, it was none other than Julione Cesar being Juve's good luck charm at the draw. Surely Dogen has a gif of this.

uefa to ban ronaldo for obnoxious gesture for fo' games tho

Fav. Player

Belgium

Very predictable

Ajax - Jube = Jube to semi's
    Liverpool - Porto = Liverpool
    Tottenham - Man City = Man City
    Man United - Barca = Barca

When was the time Football used to be competitive??

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by delaurentis View Post
    When was the time Football used to be competitive??
    Early 2000s

Ireland

65 10 years of FIF
    Very intresting draw, the 4 best sides kept apart, IMO.

I expected one all English tie, but as Spurs are involved it's not that interesting, any 2 of the other 3 English teams playing each other would've been a great tie.

Predicting Rube, Liverpool, City & Barca to get through. 4 best teams left, can't see any upsets at this stage but that's why I love the CL, you just never know!

Fav. Player

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Early 2000s
    What Messi and C. Ronaldo are doing, is remarkable. But I can't put to much weight to it. They are playing in an era with little to no competition.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Howl View Post
    I hope Man City for once actually perform in CL and knock juve out, because no way are Ajax beating them.
    Honestly I never thought they could knock out Real Madrid, but they seem to bite hard. It won't be an easy ride for Juve at least. They are absolute favourites to qualify but Ajax is there for a reason though.

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by delaurentis View Post
    What Messi and C. Ronaldo are doing, is remarkable. But I can't put to much weight to it. They are playing in an era with little to no competition.
    i'd say that the main difference compared tothe previous decades is that the biggest team can buy the best available for nearly every role. that was never the case in the pre-bosman era. not to mention that in the past no one was ever able to play in champions league every season.

so of course a great forward will score and win much more than other great players of the past.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

16. Thanks (2): jamsieboy86, MVD

Fav. Player

Belgium

^Not only that, football has become softer aswell. It reminds me a little bit of modern day NBA.
    Scoring has become easier, fouls are given more easier etc...

Remind yourself how Luis N. Ronaldo got butchered when he was in his prime compared to the featherweight of C. Ronaldo.

18. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Cómi

United States

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    i'd say that the main difference compared tothe previous decades is that the biggest team can buy the best available for nearly every role. that was never the case in the pre-bosman era. not to mention that in the past no one was ever able to play in champions league every season.

so of course a great forward will score and win much more than other great players of the past.
    Might be unpopular given Inter's current state, but Champions League should just be winners of each national league. Letting multiple teams from the same league concentrated money and players in just a few places.
    "If I have to slap a Uruguayan in the face, I will." - Felipe Melo

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by dynasty27 View Post
    On top of all, it was none other than Julione Cesar being Juve's good luck charm at the draw. Surely Dogen has a gif of this.
    They say, "lucky at cards, unlucky in love".
    Julione did the opposite (Susana Werner, sorry Ronie), so we couldn't expect him to be a good luck charm in the CL draw. But you never know.
    Also, #fixed.

Unfortunately I can't provide the good ol' gif, but I'll make up for it with a picture from the interview that the Dreamcatcher gave to Diletta Leotta (new Queen of Calcio, move aside Ilaria D'Amico and Sky Juve) and DAZN, a few days ago at San Siro.
    Talking about the Triplete:

Marco Materazzi created a group chat for members of that team and Mourinho is one of the most active in it. He always makes jokes.
    He also answered to an Inter fan and confirmed that yes, Arnautovic is in the chat. But that should have been obvious

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Spain

10 years of FIF
    #DatAss

22. Thanks (2): Dogen, firmino

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    I'm under the impression Diletta Leotta is actually younger than Ludovica Pagani(?) but I've always thought she looked much older. Personally, I'm still #teamNagajaBecaalossi #BUU
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

24. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Dogen

Fav. Player
    sdv,skri,epic

Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    I'm under the impression Diletta Leotta is actually younger than Ludovica Pagani(?) but I've always thought she looked much older. Personally, I'm still #teamNagajaBecaalossi #BUU
    Hell yeah. Nagaja was hot.

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    This week’s secret Champions League talks you didn’t know about – and how they could change European football

Europe’s top clubs met UEFA to discuss revamping the Champions League with relegation, promotion and weekend games. Should we be worried?

This week, a meeting took place that could affect how you watch football, when it takes place and the success of your team. And you probably didn’t hear about it.

That’s because it was, to all intents and purposes, a secret meeting. No press-released agenda, and no statement made afterwards.

When the European Clubs Association met with UEFA in Switzerland on Tuesday, major reforms to the Champions League were on the agenda. This was the first formal meeting to discuss significant changes to European football that have long been mooted. While the ECA is the only representative of football clubs recognised by UEFA, in really just represents a number of elite clubs across Europe.

Weekend kick-offs

These superclubs were, according to the Wall Street Journal, gathering round a table to discuss moving Champions League matches to Saturdays and Sundays rather than weekday evenings, as well as plans to expand and reformat the competition to include relegation and promotion.

These were only initial discussions, with no changes to come in until at least 2024. However, the dramatic moves on the agenda would start to put in place a supremacy of the European tournament over domestic leagues, and would be seen as the first steps towards a European Super League which could eventually take the top teams out of playing in the national leagues completely.

Encouragingly, it seems there has been some pushback: Spain's Mundo Deportivo reports that Barcelona are against such moves, while the English clubs represented are also sceptical. These changes, then, won’t be happening soon.

Three big problems

But don’t think that’s the end of it – there are three major issues that remain.

The first is that, realistically, the opposition to these changes is based on financial reasoning. The big clubs most pushing for more Champions League games, and at more prominent times, are reportedly Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain – sides that win their own leagues every season and are struggling to exploit them financially any further. Winning Ligue 1 delivers less prize money than being relegated from the Premier League.

By contrast, La Liga has television deals that benefit Barcelona and Real Madrid quite nicely (if no one else), and the Premier League remains one of the most lucrative sports franchises in the world.

No sensible chief executive is going to risk the benefits of these current set-ups – but if you think the people who run any of the top division’s big sides are making these decisions based on the good for English football, we've got a £265,000-a-week loan move for Radamel Falcao to sell you.

The second problem is simple maths: six into four won’t go. The Premier League has six sides good enough (and, importantly, rich enough) to compete in the Champions League, but only four Champions League spots. If that sustains, they may well decide that the current system no longer works for them.

Finally, these semi-secret meetings don't inspire confidence. A UEFA spokesperson confirmed the meeting was taking place once details had been leaked, but behind-closed-doors discussions such as these suggest only that the people attending would struggle to convince their clubs’ fans if the arguments were had in public. And this was only the first meeting down this route.
    https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...tion-promotion

27. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

At least let me die from an overdose before this happens to CL.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Would hate for us to miss out on the chance to lose to regional Italian shits week in, week out. Wouldn't feel like supporting Inter any more after the last 10 years
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

30. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD