Page 106 of 189 FirstFirst ... 65696103104105106107108109116156 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 3766

Thread: UEFA Champions League 2018/2019

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Spain

10 years of FIF
    I'll get Isco. Kroos i already said is not hungry anymore.

Bale is good but too expensive/injury prone. Modric almost finished.

2. Thanks (2): forzainter257, Pimpin

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

The only one at fault here is Perez. You won 3 CLs in a row followed by a World Cup. Obviously the players are completely burned out. Last summer was the chance to revamp the entire team.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    Or FiF'ers from our 6-0 demolition thanks to the sheva & serginho show
    Or fucking Commandini. We have more memories of him than the Milanisti do...

5. Thanks (2): n4l, Steevee

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    The only one at fault here is Perez. You won 3 CLs in a row followed by a World Cup. Obviously the players are completely burned out. Last summer was the chance to revamp the entire team.
    Meh. Ultimately you can't win forever and will lose no matter what. Revamping the team then vs starting this summer makes no difference really. And with Solari's changes, they've already revamped a lot. They're already playing a new LB, have a couple good prospect CMs, vinicius is getting tons of minutes and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

7. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, thatdude, wera

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Yugoslavia

So Ramos is now suspended for the next cl season? xD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Inter> psv ?
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    He's like bitcoin in January, sell him on a high while you can.

10. Thanks (1): n4l

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Japan

Fuck me Ajax actually did it.. They pretty much played like how they did in the first leg, but this time finished their damn chances.

I think Barca's going to easily win the Champions League this year.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

12. Thanks (2): MVD, n4l

Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Best time to get some good players a la Cambiasso, Samuel, Sneijder and turn them into Inter legends.
    no Figo?

Fav. Player
    ₩€$£€¥

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Real Madrid desperately need a striker. They should sign Icardi for €100m. Would be ideal...
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

“I don’t think the formation model counts, it’s all about the principles and the attitude" - Stefano Pioli

15. Thanks (1): yoszee

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Look, I didn't see the game today and it got spoiled before I could see it...

In many ways, today and, in a broader sense, this past week, are maybe the best thing that could've happened to Real Madrid, in the long run. As twisted as this will sound (which is very, very twisted, but bear with me on it), maybe the worst thing that could've happened this year would've been Real Madrid, somehow and inexplicably, finding a way to win the Champions League this year. It could've led Perez into thinking that Real Madrid was still good enough and not in need of major overhaul. Don't believe me? They only finished 17 points behind Barcelona last season and downgraded their roster over the summer mercato.

No, getting pants'd by Barcelona (if not in performance than on the scoreboard anyway) twice, at home, and then getting blown off their own field at the Bernabeu against, you know, "some Dutch team" (surely that's how many people will perceive Ajax, however wrong they are to do so) is a very good nutshell of what the last 1.5 seasons have been like at the Bernabeu, more-or-less. Real Madrid looking second rate and performing well below expected standard.

There will be an expectation for overhaul now. They need it. Their professionalism is atrocious. The roster isn't good enough. The coaching is disastrous. They need a full-scale, high-level pressure washing of that entire club. Crashing out of three competitions in the space of seven days, with all three losses coming at home? That will do it. Surely that will do it.

Finish in the top-4 and overhaul the club. Today was a long-time coming and Real Madrid badly needed this. Up to them now to take heed and act accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Howl View Post
    Fuck me Ajax actually did it.. They pretty much played like how they did in the first leg, but this time finished their damn chances.

Please not. I'll accept anyone other than Barcelona or Juve winning the CL. Even fucking Liverpool I'll take before either of those two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Not when Real loses two El Clasicos in a row before the big CL game. Ajax always had this under wraps.
    You have a strong point in that first sentence. After the last two games, what happened, who they happened to, and what it meant in terms of those competitions, there is a really poisonous air in Madrid and, to that end, the perfect storm was brewing for something like this to happen. For their entire season to kamikaze itself in the space of seven days. Ajax have the quality and the guts to do it as well which also helps, for sure, something you don't always see elsewhere.

Everything came together for Ajax to do that. To their credit, they did it. Completely earned it.

17. Thanks (1): Native

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
    Look, I didn't see the game today and it got spoiled before I could see it...

In many ways, today and, in a broader sense, this past week, are maybe the best thing that could've happened to Real Madrid, in the long run. As twisted as this will sound (which is very, very twisted, but bear with me on it), maybe the worst thing that could've happened this year would've been Real Madrid, somehow and inexplicably, finding a way to win the Champions League this year. It could've led Perez into thinking that Real Madrid was still good enough and not in need of major overhaul. Don't believe me? They only finished 17 points behind Barcelona last season and downgraded their roster over the summer mercato.

No, getting pants'd by Barcelona (if not in performance than on the scoreboard anyway) twice, at home, and then getting blown off their own field at the Bernabeu against, you know, "some Dutch team" (surely that's how many people will perceive Ajax, however wrong they are to do so) is a very good nutshell of what the last 1.5 seasons have been like at the Bernabeu, more-or-less. Real Madrid looking second rate and performing well below expected standard.

There will be an expectation for overhaul now. They need it. Their professionalism is atrocious. The roster isn't good enough. The coaching is disastrous. They need a full-scale, high-level pressure washing of that entire club. Crashing out of three competitions in the space of seven days, with all three losses coming at home? That will do it. Surely that will do it.

Finish in the top-4 and overhaul the club. Today was a long-time coming and Real Madrid badly needed this. Up to them now to take heed and act accordingly
    That's pretty much what happened last year wasn't it? It was clear that this RM side was past it and in need of rebuild. They just had Ronaldo to drag them to another trophy.

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    What a game. Watched Dortmund vs Spurs first half, it was decent game. Dortmund were all over Spurs except couldn't finish. Switched to Ajax game in the second half, that was just brilliant performance.

They are young team and fearless. They played like that vs Bayern home and away, they don't give shit about opponents, they play their game. Very high intensity in pressing and lethal in counter attacking.

Tadic probably had game of his life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    What Ajax played wasn't football. Looked like an algorithm, fucking hive mind. Job well done.
    Yeah, it was so systematic. Even when they were 3-0/3-1 up, their fullbacks were so high up the pitch and they didn't change their style of play at all. It was brilliant to watch. All their players are good on the ball, confident to receive it under pressure.

Shame they will lose their players again this summer.

21. Thanks (5): Caecuban, eduzee, Fapuccino, Jnr, MVD

Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by Howl View Post

tenor.jpg

23. Thanks (1): Howl

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    What Ajax played wasn't football. Looked like an algorithm, fucking hive mind. Job well done.
    This is because every team of Ajax plays like the first team. Every player knows what to do because Ajax always tries to play the same. Extremely talented youngsters and some experienced players.

Thank god it wasn't a f*ckin dream last night...What a match, what a way to win!

Unfortunately we will lose 5/6 players this summer so we can start all over again. And I keep saying it hoping the Inter management read it: BUY ZIYECH!!!

25. Thanks (4): eduzee, FCBarca, Native, Pimpin

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Imagine if we were in there instead of Spurs, Dortmund would have been smashed.
    Wallace

27. Thanks (1): n4l

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Beautiful performance by Ajax. The ball movement was just sublime. They probably could have scored 7 or 8. Just unreal.

I expect a revolution at Real. Solari clearly is not Zidane though to be fair his squad is burnt out and not as talented as seasons past. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the club move on from Bale, Isco, Benzema and Marcelo to name a few. They desperately need a CF. Icardi can be all theirs for the right price.

29. Thanks (1): FCBarca

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    Ziyech got kinda selfish in the end, it could have been 1-6 if he didn't waste every chance he got in the last 15 - 20 mins trying to score by himself from a distance. Still a stellar performance but he's definitely got some room for improvement there. Probably a mentality/ego thing.

De Jong also got too arrogant in the end, dancing circles with the ball around Benzema, which he managed to do for a while but it ultimately ended in what absolutely should have been the 2-4. But that was his only mistake in an otherwise stellar performance. I didn't expect a 21 year old to roast Ballon d'Or winner Modric. I'm beginning to understand why farca spent nearly 80 million for that guy.

De Ligt just incredible, what a defender at 19 years old. He's not gone yet so we should try and get him, but farca are apparently closing down on him so that's probably a long shot. But honestly they were all at their top game last night. Maybe Neres was a bit wasteful and Dolberg didn't impress the way he usually does.
    Anyways, Tadic is the one we should and could realistically go for. I think he was MotM last night as well. That guy did some crazy shit...

It was a nice game, a rare event that's always thrilling to experience live.
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

31. Thanks (2): eduzee, MVD

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Spain

10 years of FIF
    Imo CL is about Barcelona, Liverpool and Atletico

33. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Go Ajax Go! Win the CL!!!
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

35. Thanks (5): eduzee, FCBarca, MVD, Pajo, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    Never mind about Tadic. He just confirmed he's 100% staying and is gonna try to make the others stay as well. Oh well, guy is already 30+ anyway...
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

37. Thanks (1): MVD