Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CL LIST and Settlement Agreement BS

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    I understand nothing anymore hahahaha
    Due to insomniac reasons and UEFA being complete trolls and tools...
    So we can go buy... Erm... Anyone we please now or?

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

This is why I was against basing our strategy on that SA CL list shit.

If the club really wanted Malcom and didn't buy him because of that I'd be pissed.

I'd buy whoever I saw fit for the long-term project - players that can bring in results and forget about CL. It's going to be like six, eight games tops anyway.

Yeah, some players would've been bummed that they won't be participating, but the idea is that the strategy would provide consistent CL football in the coming years and not aim to just perform decently this season.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

3. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Vatican

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    The problem with that sentiment is that players (and agents) are short sighted and want constant exposure. If what you're saying was a concrete strategy, we'd see players move or stay to club despite not playing in the Champions League. That era died some 15 years ago. Now, you're a forgotten club if you do not play in the Champions League for a season, let alone for 5+ in a row. And a player won't sign for you if you do not guarantee him continental football when your club is participating in it.

Malcom was willing to come because he'd be part of our CL campaign as well, not because he simply wanted to play for Inter, play in the Serie A and live in Milano.

For example, it made too much sense to go for Alexis Sanchez last season. But without CL football it was impossible. Let alone the FFP crap.

5. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, SiamoNoi

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

From all six players we bought so far only two: Nainggolan and Vrsaljko were being bought with expectations of playing in the CL. De Vrij and Asamoah were wrapped before we even qualified so playing in that tournament wasn't what made them sign with us - it was the project (salaries), Martinez is in the same bracket plus he and Politano can't demand that exposure. So okay, yeah, buy some proper players that would demand CL football and exclude some other players if that's the deal, but for christ sake - build a competitive team not for the next six months, but for the next couple of seasons. We aren't winning the Champions League this year anyway, on the other hand if we can snatch a Coppa or be Scudetto contenders that is much more exciting and realistic.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

7. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Vatican

Completely agree, BUT, we could not sign Malcom and promise him a CL spot if we gave Bordeaux what they wanted for him. We'd have to sell Icardi, Perisic, Skriniar or Brozovic to do so. So, without today's news, we really couldn't be making such speculation. It was impossible to sign Malcom for 40m, address other issues in our team and have a decent CL list that wouldn't get embarassed (our midfield would be like Brozovic-Valero-Asamoah/Emmers). Because we'd either list Nainggolan or Malcom as the other guy. I prefer the Nainggolan option

The problem remains that players do not switch to clubs for their 'project' but only for the short term exposure. Sure, Inter should be able to provide both, but it took us 7 years to be in such a position.

9. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    These Uefa rules are just ridiculous. These people at Inter are running a business of several hundreds of millions and the rules they must abide cannot change like this. Good for us now but a complete joke that these restrictions and penalties are purely negotiable and changeable even during the time they are applied.

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Ireland

The article says that deal with UEFA was agreed in mid-July, could we not have pursued Malcolm further to give Bordeaux a somewhat better deal?

On another note, UEFA are the biggest frauds out there, changing the rules in the middle of a transfer window when clubs already have their plans made, that's how we end up chasing our own asses trying to get big name deals over the line.

12. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Well, maybe it was for the better. We still made some amazing deals either way. Now we have a little more time and two more important slots we can cover with relative freedom. Actually the two most important slots in my book - another solid CM and a difference-making RW. It's all good.
    — Massimo Moratti

14. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    These Uefa rules are just ridiculous. These people at Inter are running a business of several hundreds of millions and the rules they must abide cannot change like this. Good for us now but a complete joke that these restrictions and penalties are purely negotiable and changeable even during the time they are applied.
    These rules are full with flaws that only a 3 years old could suggest them.

UEFA is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

16. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    But to tell the truth that restriction was very artificial and not too logical. I mean if we got players like Modric, Nainggolan and such but had to leave some of them out of CL? We still get them, they are in our team but they don't play in the biggest club tournament. Surely Uefa doesn't want that.

I van understand restrictions that you do simply cannot buy these players, so they play elsewhere probably in CL anyway. This partial exclusion would only hurt Uefa itself.

18. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, thatdude

Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    But to tell the truth that restriction was very artificial and not too logical. I mean if we got players like Modric, Nainggolan and such but had to leave some of them out of CL? We still get them, they are in our team but they don't play in the biggest club tournament. Surely Uefa doesn't want that.

I van understand restrictions that you do simply cannot buy these players, so they play elsewhere probably in CL anyway. This partial exclusion would only hurt Uefa itself.
    That's why I wanted Suning to get Messi, Milinkovic and another star and then ask Uefa what this shit restriction is all about

20. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, chipschups, Mino

Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    I expect a move on Rafinha once we conclude the Modric deal.

Can someone 'refresh' this list, based on the new rules? I think we have something like a 50m surplus for the list. And not including someone like Dalbert and/or Candreva should give us more flexibility (that's around 35m, no?) that we could allot elsewhere for the purposes of the list.
    Why are you so convinced Rafinha is still a definite transfer target of ours?
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

22. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate View Post
    Great news. I really feared that we would see Emmers+Asamoah vs City or other strong teams from pot 1 and 2. We can replace Zappa and Roric with Dalbert and Gags.
    I expect a move on Rafinha once we conclude the Modric deal.

Can someone 'refresh' this list, based on the new rules? I think we have something like a 50m surplus for the list. And not including someone like Dalbert and/or Candreva should give us more flexibility (that's around 35m, no?) that we could allot elsewhere for the purposes of the list.
    Sadly even with new rules it wouldnt made changes much since the number player we can added is limited 18 player + 4 club trained. The only advantages is we can buy such as modric and Keita with outright buy, and we no longer forced to sell Joao Mario or Vecino to balance the transfer but thats it.
    ‘Whoever doesn’t love El Chino doesn’t love football!’

jonikemot ---------> chipschups
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco View Post
    Why criticize like he was the worst player in the team?
    either people are having a high standard for inter or they just racist

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    UEFA is a fucking joke. Obviously I'm happy that we got some leniency but seriously, for someone who's supposed to be the governing body of a billion dollar tournament, they are changing shit up more than my wife change her mind about clothes.

25. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, SiamoNoi

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

CL LIST
    =======
    1. Handa
    2. Padelli IT
    3. Di Gennaro CT

4. Skriniar 23m
    5. De vrij FREE
    6. Miranda
    7. D'ambrosio IT
    8. Zappa CT
    9. Asamoah
    10. Vrsaljko 6.5m

11. Brozovic
    12. Emmers CT
    13. Roric CT
    14. Nainggolan IT 38m
    15. Gagliardini 20m
    16. Modric 40m

17. Keita IT 5m LOAN
    18. Politano IT 5m LOAN
    19. Perisic
    20. Lautaro 22m
    21. Icardi
    22. Karamoh 5.5m
    ========
    TOTAL 165m

This probably our list with new rules, we probably still put option to buy for Keita to made a room for Vecino or gagliardini since from rough calculation think our budget its between 150-170m.

27. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, thatdude

Vatican

So if we add Rafinha (let's say a 10+20 deal) we can use him instead of Karamoh and we're set.

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

So if we add Rafinha (let's say a 10+20 deal) we can use him instead of Karamoh and we're set.
    Yeah but I dont think thats the plan.

Fav. Player
    JC7;MS37;YK17

Hungary

10 years of FIF
    Long story short, Italian to basic English: We can list anyone, without restrictions from the previous list, but we can still only use 22 players instead of 25. Meaning, we can spend money assuming we have the sales, regardless of the CL list, that add up to the amount we're gonna use for the new list.
    is this sure? not just saying that we can conclude on the list every new signing (summer 2018), which was not the issue so far, but the last year signings has two high transfer price (Dalbert, Vecino, Gag).

why would they change the rule 1 week before transfer window closes?

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by rsz85 View Post
    is this sure? not just saying that we can conclude on the list every new signing (summer 2018), which was not the issue so far, but the last year signings has two high transfer price (Dalbert, Vecino, Gag).

why would they change the rule 1 week before transfer window closes?
    Thats CDS article actually mention to neymae trf and if UEFA apply same rules like us PSG wont be able registered neymar and UEFA seems not gonna let the star leaving competition. And with us inched away signing Modric, UEFA will be laughing stock if blocking Ballon dor contendee from CL because their stupid rules.

32. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Kova Magic

United States

Why does everyone have such a hard on for Rafinha?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    There is going to be at least 1 game in the year where Nainggolan, Brozovic and Vidal click perfectly and absolutely mouth fuck some poor team's midfield.

I can't wait.

34. Thanks (1): javier_zanetti <3