Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inter Formations & Tactics 18/19

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Ok I'm going to throw that here

In the light of our midfield disaster, just think about it.

Skriniar can play DM, a very defensive midfielder that covers our zone when under pressure with two quality CBs. It'll look like 5-2-3 in defence mode. But he also possess the initiative to run forward with the ball and take one players, he can control and dribble better than our entire midfielders and defenders combined (par 9), so he can contribute in building the attack in offensive mode. An even better set up would be Brozo-Skriniar behind 9 if you wish.

I think this should be tested in the league and implied in the CL.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

2. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Yeah i just wrote this in the CL thread yesterday. This could help us avoid too many Vecino and Valero appearances in the starting 11.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

4. Thanks (1): Devious

Ukraine

would like to see this formation as a main line up.

======handanovic=======
    dd====sdv===skriniar===asa
    ========brozovic========
    politano=====9========ivan
    ======toro==icardi=======
    Last edited by eduzee; 19 Sep 18 at 12:24.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Any main line up without Miranda is trash.
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

Are we finally gona see it happen?

They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Any main line up without Miranda is trash.
    From Miranda is trash to buy Thorshit Hazard. Only thing missing is someone joining in and saying Totti was better than Henry.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

At the time Miranda was still a starter in my mind. I also wanted Skriniar playing DM, so what do I know

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    From Miranda is trash to buy Thorshit Hazard. Only thing missing is someone joining in
    and saying Henry was better than Totti.

13. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Fixed

and saying Henry was better than Totti.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

15. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

With the way we were forced to play vs a better team who plays with five quality midfielders like Tottenham, which forced Perisic to go back and defend the majority of the game, and Politano too but fewer in comparison, and seeing that our only real chances didn't came from attempts from the wings, rather through the middle, I suggest we try playing 4-5-1/4-4-1-1, Politano or Lautaro should be behind Icardi but also moving towards the sidelines to open spaces, use 4 mids to support attacking through the middle and relying as a second option attack build up on the fullbacks who'd be slightly freed up from heavy defensive duties due to having numbers in midfield to cover behind them.

But of course we need midfielders to do that, so whatever.

17. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Greece

Spaletti needs to slowly integrate a 2 man midfield and a 2 man attack, want to see that by the start of the year.

Brozovic + Nainggolan should be our 2 midfielders. We all know that Perisic and Politano can contribute many kilometers to the defensive end, we need someone to take off the defensive pressure from Icardi to liberate him. We can se Keita up front in a rotation with Lautaro Martinez and even Politano, whereas we have other options on the right wing with Candreva and Joao Mario (eeek, but still)

Concerns about our midfield being overrun are silly. We are overrun with Vecino/Gagliardini/Valero on the team. We can always switch to a 3 man midfield or 2 + AM midfield at some point in the game, but we need to adjust our team to our stengths.

We do not have 3 central midfielders of Inter's quality so we shouldn't persist on it, not until we manage to do so. If we bring on a proper MC or AMC in January fine, but switching to a 4-4-2/4-2-2-2 with wingers makes too much sense. With the exception of the Napoli game where sticking to what we know is better.

Our main issue in the last 4-5 seasons is that we cannot translate defence into offense. And we've always treated this with the same medicine. Meaning, do nothing but stick to our 4-2-3-1 guns without the resources to improve our gameplay. Let's just add more numbers up front. It's not like this is a risky move.

19. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, Devious, firmino, MVD

Fav. Player
    Hernan Crespo

Indonesia

I bet there are reasons on why, so far, Spalletti has barely put up two-man attack up front. For me, there are two main reasons. First off, the fact that Lautaro hasn't shown significant performance on the field which means that we have no capable man to be positioned there (setting aside Keita, because he's been good recently on the side of the field). And the second one is that changing the game-play will require adaptation from our attack, particularly Icardi. He's not really good with two-man attack. Often we see, he's confused on exchanging position with his tandem and his lethality is somewhat decreasing on the game-play.

Now, I want his tandem to be as equally decent as him. I don't want a young boy who's still trying to prove himself on the field. I want him to be proven and experienced. I got a long list of them (Lewy, Kane, Cavani, Aubameyang, Suarez, Lacazette, Firmino, A. Sanchez, Benzema, Aguero, or Griezmann, etc). Some may be not realistic. But with FFP is no longer entailing us, I tend to believe we can at least seduce one of them to come to Meazza. If that happens, one of those guys can fill the role while Icardi will be adapting to two-man attack. Once the habit is set up, it'll be just like the ol' Inter long-list of splendid duo.
    "Supporting Inter means deciding to make your life complicated. It's like supporting the Indians against the Cowboys, it means having a touch of masochism and melancholy. We know we have chosen a difficult love, but this makes it even more beautiful"

-Beppe Severgnini-

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

Glad to see that my 4-4-2 virus is catching up.

Greece

4 vs 3 in the box. No one right outside the box. Vecino gave the ball to D'Ambrosio and sprinted inside which was either a very good move or a very bad one as a failure to cross the ball meant that we had zero players right outside their box. Either way, glad that Vecino didn't decide to shoot before passing. See exhibit B.

NZonzi ignores Vecino initially as he doesn't expect him to move towards the area, Pellegrini is cautiously anticipating Politano's move who moves away from the area, behind D'Ambrosio, so he just sits outside the area, while NZonzi is too late to the party to make it 4 vs 4.
    Note that no striker can be double marked and no one with the ball can be double marked .There are no spare Roma players in this attack. They are completely overwhelmed. Lautaro is the only one with a hint of being double marked, but at the end of the day, the guy who's closer to him moves outwards expecting either an attack by D'Ambrosio (lol) or Politano to come with an overlap. So he's redundant.

Case in point, if you want to do a crossfest, use two strikers and add more bodies in the box. It tends to work.

Canada

Ranieri also spoke about this and actually said that Cristante is the one who is supposed to track Vecino's runs into the box - at this point he is on the other side, and no one follows Vecino's run. At the end of the day, it ended up being a good decision, as Fazio moves to his left to track Vecino, meaning Florenzi moves closer to Icardi. Florenzi's huge weakness is in defending crosses and great movement by Perisic.

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    but then u have Dumbo who does one good cross all game and 100x WTF like ones...plan ur tactics with that then
    http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

26. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, MVD