Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Keita Baldé Diao

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    He was involved in 5 goals out of the last 9 goals Inter scored (4 goals and 1 assist).

Have to be the most successful loaned player to Inter in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

2. Thanks (5): MVD, Pajo, Palacio, thatdude, WLEXT

Fav. Player
    Zanetti, Icardi

Italy

With limited minutes too, damn. He's not pretty on the ball but it's effective.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

Monaco isnt as demanding as barca and Valencia then Keita is the one who pushing the moves so I believe we renegotiate his fee. Also if I remembee Inter made the deadline happen after 1 july 19 to avoid ffp, they offer the same for malcom but being rejected so I assuming they also applied that to our loanee.
    ‘Whoever doesn’t love El Chino doesn’t love football!’

jonikemot ---------> chipschups
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco View Post
    Why criticize like he was the worst player in the team?
    either people are having a high standard for inter or they just racist

Vatican

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Keita has the ideal role at Inter.
    A sub in big games and a rotation player for some games in Serie A.

If we feel that 30-35m is a sum we are willing to spend on such a player, we should redeem him. My main concern prior to getting him was that he was a trouble maker, but that was probably a Lazio thing. Meaning that this is a player who came from Barcelona's youth ranks, going to a Lazio side with no real stars or anyone with a worthy name value and felt that he was some sort of god. Then he failed to leave the mark he was hoping to make at Monaco and came to Inter, a much more celebrated side than any he's played professional football at and with some star names along the way, being the new kid on the block and not even a guaranteed one, being on loan and all. So he either has changed or he's trying to behave. He seems to not be that toxic kid from Lazio anymore.

I still think that 35m for him is too bloody much, but as I said, if the club feels that there is a huge enough transfer kitty to splash that figure on Keita while also address our other big roster issues, I wouldn't complain. As long as Keita is not the player to replace Perisic in case he leaves, then that'd be a huge fucking waste of money and we'de be taking away Keita's best assets to the team, instantly making him a liability

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

I also think 35 million is to much for him. Unless he lights up the league till June I won't redeem him.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Lebanon

I’m beginning to lean more towards redeeming Keita over Politano (if we hd to only pick one). Perisic looks toasted and I think we could get at least 30-35 for him in the summer, enough to redeem Keita and get much younger at the position. This is also not considering the fact that Monaco will likely be relegated and forced to sell him (we will be able to negotiate, esp since Keita will push for it).

Politano is a more explosive player, but his final touch is absolutely DREADFUL and doesn’t look to be getting better. I almost think Karamoh could outplay him for RW position next year. Ideally we get some money for Candreva and can redeem both.

Also, if we switch to a 442, having a versatile SS like Keita could be useful as he can play LW, RW, and also rotate with Lautaro as the SS.
    Ugly play and tons of offsides, but I’m liking his attitude and effort, he really seems to want to help the team and our colors while Perisic seems disinterested.

8. Thanks (2): hitmax, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Politano's problem is very enormous, you cannot be an attacking right wing with a less than perfect tracking back and defensive contribution when your end product is null. And this end product applies for everything across passing, crossing, and finishing.

That means you are actually delivering nothing in the final third.

In the ideal 433 we are moving towards, not sure at all if we can tolerate this lack of efficient playstyle in a wing forward, while pulling Nainggolan back to help setting up plays for the front three. That's equivalent to dislocating our right arm metaphorically.

His final third's final pass/finishing simply has to be improved, and there's not actually all that much time with half the season gone. I can only hope he put himself into some intense attacking play practices and improve himself within this period, because I actually like him a lot with his dribbling, diligence, and also his mentality of giving his best and trying everything in situations against us during the game.
    Wallace

10. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    I think it's still early to discuss whether we should activate his option or not. In few months from now, his 30m option may look like a bargain or may look like way too much for him. Lets see how he performs in the second round and then we can discuss about it.

Btw i don't think it will be between him and Politano. Politano is definitely going to stay at Inter. There's no way Sassuolo would have given us Politano at the expense of a youngster if his redemption wasn't guaranteed.

12. Thanks (3): MVD, thatdude, Universe

Fav. Player
    JZ4

I'd love him here but not at 35M. Hopefully Monaco get relegated (and we finally get redemption for Henry hattrick against us in 2003) we can acquire him for cheaper.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

14. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    I'd love him here but not at 35M. Hopefully Monaco get relegated (and we finally get redemption for Henry hattrick against us in 2003) we can acquire him for cheaper.
    That's not redemption, that's a personal attack and vengeance on a person who has not given us a right to seek his downfall. The only redemption will come by beating Arsenal (or any other cocky PL club) by 5 goals to 1 in England, just like we did to Valencia. Oh, and seek that asshole referee that didn't blow his whistle for a PK when the score was 1-2 and Zanetti was left chasing Henry for the 1-3 seconds later... And the 1-2 came from a double offside (both Henry at the start and Ljungberg at the final touch) but whatever.

16. Thanks (2): rfU, ScottishInterista

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

I don't think Monaco will get relegated, I definitely wouldn't count on that. In the long run, their quality will emerge, at least enough to avoid ligue 2.

We can probably get some kind of discount but not much, there will always be some asshole premier League club willing to offert 30 mln euros, making an offer around 25 unacceptable in the eyes of Monaco.

In the end I don't think we will redeem him and it's a pity cause he's nearly perfect for our system, he can give contribution from the flank and still score a significant amount of goals.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

18. Thanks (2): MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    When comparing Keita and Politano, we must remember other one has played as starter from the beginning. Other has been basically just a sub player. And this I'm saying in advantage of Politano. Because we haven't seen many full matches / match starts from Keita => we haven't seen his consistency yet. Politano is very consistent but must say he's also consistently very shit with his end product.

20. Thanks (1): Universe

Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    When comparing Keita and Politano, we must remember other one has played as starter from the beginning. Other has been basically just a sub player. And this I'm saying in advantage of Politano. Because we haven't seen many full matches / match starts from Keita => we haven't seen his consistency yet. Politano is very consistent but must say he's also consistently very shit with his end product.
    Politano is a player that creates volume in possession and chances. He may not be the ideal attacking player and has deficiencies in decision making and general execution on the final ball whether it is to shoot, cross or pass, but his presence is a deciding factor to our possession game and he helps by pressing a lot. I'm pretty confident that if we check the numbers they'll show that with Politano on, we have more key chances per game. If Politano was a better executioner, he'd be our very own Insigne. We actually expected Berardi to be that kind of a player and Politano was always the soldier type, but last season their roles were a bit reversed.

With Keita we can be dangerous if he's a) not offside b) not trying to dribble past everyone and c) finds the target. He can be very unreliable in that way as he's not consistently doing only part c. He is a player who can create a lot of damage coming off the bench as a substitute when everyone else is tired, or we can hope that the opposition defence will be tired out faster than he will and he may convert a chance. He's probably our 2nd most lethal player in terms of shot conversion after Icardi but that's not a great argument as no one else is dangerous. Radja Nainggolan and Ivan Perisic can also help with the goals but they do not get themselves in a position to be more dangerous (ie, to have a higher quality chance). Which is not a bad thing, nor is it a great thing for Keita as it means that they are more involved in the build up and play deeper while he's mostly just an offensive threat.

I think that Keita has shown exactly what kind of player he is so far.

He can score, he can be a focal point in attack against smaller teams that cave themselves inside their own area and he can also be rather frustrating when you are expecting a lot from him because he's being too selfish. Ideally, he's a supersub or a support striker if we want to go that route with an Icardi partner till the end of the season.

Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yeah I agree.

I think also that Keita is suited mostly to be a sub player. Not clever enough to understand positioning like Perisic in the wing so cannot be used as starter consistently. That's why 35m€ is simply too much for a sub player (for Inter at this moment).

23. Thanks (1): Universe

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I think a lot of the criticism here is very focused on his most recent match, but not the ones before? I dont remember masses of offsides, etc, prior to his most recent game.

I think he's an explosive player. He's inconsistent, but can be exceptionally good, and he's a great option for us - providing he can keep up this sort of level for the rest of the season.

I much prefer it to work-hard-rarely-play-well Perisic, to be honest, and for the money on the cards for him + the FFP impact, we should look to sell him.

Politano, Keita, and a couple of other explosive options like Karamoh +1 more on the LW would put us in a great position

25. Thanks (1): Universe

Vatican

Nah, he was in offside position in other games as well, he just didn't receive the ball as often. Remember that we had Brozovic playing the ball who is usually careful with his pass receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    Politano, Keita, and a couple of other explosive options like Karamoh +1 more on the LW would put us in a great position
    This sounds too good if you're Fiorentina or Genoa. But this is not the way for Inter to go forward. This is a recipe to make us a perennial chaser of that 4th spot. All three players should be playing less than 30 minutes per game at an Inter that wants to be where history commands the club to be at.

27. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, Jacquez

United States

I think he looked a little off vs Empoli because the whole team looked a little disjointed. We just looked like pure dog shit especially in the 1st half. I would like to see him continue to get minutes. I’m not particularly sure whether or not we should redeem him. I would really like to see him start some big games and perform well before I could make that assessment. The question is whether he’ll get that chance. If Naingollan is fit and we play a 4-3-3 I’m not sure it’s a given we can’t support playing with him even in a big match. Especially if he’s going to be more decisive than Perisic.

29. Thanks (2): MVD, phonk

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    His technical skills are too shit for a club aiming to be top. It's that simple.

Him being on loan this year is actually a very, very good move. No way we should redeem him. Same goes for politano, though politano has more upside. Both players are good for this step up/transition year, but that's it. Focus should be on better quality...

Even at 20-25M for Keita and 20M for politano....I'd rather spend 45M for thorgen hazard or someone of much better quality.

Could you see a Pep, Klopp, Allegri etc playing with someone like him? Not a chance in hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I guess we can take our time and do more loans with option to buy while hunt for the Mr Right.

Better than buying for the sake of buying for sure. No commitment.
    Wallace

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    lol

him and politano not being good enough for a top 4 club?

politano has been great for us. he's dropped off a bit in the last few weeks, but overall, he's been a really good hard working player.

many of our players are having to overcompensate for having no midfield atm - you imagine we get a good midfield capable of dominating possession, moving the ball around, and playing through to attacking opportunities for politano and keita, i think we'd be in a great situation.

keita has good strength, shows good movement and attacking prowess, and quite flexible in approach (can cross, cut inside, go for goal, assist, etc). Politano is pretty similar in that regards too. Find me an MC and AMC who can utilise them better and I think we're pretty golden.

33. Thanks (1): GenDire