Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Goal Scorers and Assist-Men 2018/19

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    I actually heard he noticed our huge midfield problems and goal drought for many players.
    I saw him scratching his head once, perhaps this was the reason.

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio

Albania

10 years of FIF
    Updated

3. Thanks (3): Bluenine, MVD, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Please update including this EL game

5. Thanks (2): Besnik, MVD

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio

Albania

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Please update including this EL game
    There you go, another L for us

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio

Albania

10 years of FIF
    Updated.

MILANO SIAMO NOI

9. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Brozo almost smiling there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Wanted to do a 'reverse'. Thank Handanovic, there aren't that many games to list here Here's a list of who's to blame for conceding goals this season, starting with Serie A:

Sassuolo-Inter 1-0: Referee was to blame. If he gave us the same exact penalty, you could then say it was Miranda's fault. General fault for the situation should fall to Dalbert for completely having no clue of what to do and confusing Miranda's marking attempt.

Inter-Torino 2-2:
    1st goal: Handanovic. And partial blame to D'Ambrosio for losing Belotti so easily.
    2nd goal: Complete defensive hiccup. Perisic and Vrsaljko(who got the deflection btw) were the only ones who were doing what they were supposed to correctly.

Inter-Parma 0-1: Referee is to blame as he did not intervene for an offside call due to GK's view obstruction. Nonetheless a great strike by Dimarco. The shot was made possible of course due to Brozovic's bad clearance/lob pass and his bad attempt to stop Dimarco, but not much blame can be put there on Brozo as it wasn't really a mistake that'd lead to a clear cut scoring chance.

Inter-Fiorentina 2-1: Chiesa's shot was deflected on Skriniar, who has zero blame. The blame goes to Nainggolan for failing to clear the ball and instead losing it in a crucial spot.

SPAL-Inter 1-2: Deflected cross on Vrsaljko, Skriniar caught on the wrong foot and couldn't really reach the ball to clear and at the end of the day, we have to put the blame on Miranda despite the general defensive hiccup solely for losing his man Paloschi who was the scorer but not the intended recipient of the ball.

Atalanta-Inter 4-1:
    1st goal:
    Hateboer capitalizes when the whole defence is caught off guard. The whole team is to blame, but a little bit more can be put on Asamoah for not positioning himself well and having no idea that there was a player coming on his side when he had lots of time to check. Cannot fully blame him of course because all this happened because Skriniar was beaten outside the box and Gagliardini was too slow to cover for him as he was further up.
    2nd goal: Could say that Mancini jumped over a falling Miranda for the ball, but it was the whole defence that was beaten to the ball.
    3rd goal: Another set piece goal where the defence collapsed. Icardi gets most of the blame here.
    4th goal: Extremely well done Papu Gomez, can't say much more. Arguably the fault of a lack of DM and Vrsaljko being too central, but that's being too harsh.

Roma-Inter 2-2:
    1st goal: Amazing shot by Cenzig Under with no time to react for either defence or goalkeeper. No one to blame here.
    2nd goal: Stupid Brozovic reflex with his elbow to give Roma a very late penalty.

Juventus-Inter 1-0: Very clear that Asamoah is the one to blame here for losing Mandzukic so easily.

Chievo-Inter 1-1: Another defensive hiccup, where de Vrij confuses Skriniar as he fails to defend against a long ball that was going towards Skriniar's man while letting Pelissier run freely.

Torino-Inter 1-0: Tricky header off a corner that looked to deflect off beaten D'Ambrosio and the pace of the ball leaves room for demanding a bit more from Handanovic.

Inter-Bologna 0-1: Another goal conceded from a set piece, as De Vrij's man Santander flicked a header in.

Inter-Sampdoria 2-1: Unlucky moment for Skriniar who loses out the ball as it ricochets off Joao Mario from fallen Linetty only to reach Gabbiadini in scoring range. Defence was overall bad in that situation.

Fiorentina-Inter 3-3:
    1st goal: Possible offside here as Dalbert leaves lots of room to Chiesa to give a free goal to Simeone following a De Vrij deflection. The Dutchman couldn't really stop the ball from going in and is very unlucky to be included in this situation this way.
    2nd goal: One of the best goals of the season as Muriel converts a crazy FK that reaches the top corner.
    3rd goal: Referee decides to donate Fiorentina a penalty kick in the dying minutes.

Cagliari-Inter 2-1:
    1st goal:
    Another set piece scored against us, with Perisic being the beaten man, but cannot put the entire blame on him as it is obvious that there's a collective fault at set pieces.
    2nd goal: Everything went Caglari's way here as Pavoletti hits it first time at the first corner. Only Skriniar could be partially blamed here despite de Vrij being in charge of Pavoletti as he was free and closer to the ball than either Pavoletti or de Vrij.

Milan-Inter 2-3:
    1st goal:
    Yet another set piece conceded. Bakayoko was left free and Gagliardini with a tied up head was left in charge of him. Can we really put the entire blame on him though?
    2nd goal: And yet another set piece conceded after a short corner where Suso was left alone outside the area for some odd reason, no idea why Asamoah wasn't there and was marking someone in the small area, could argue offside against Piatek, can't really blame D'Ambrosio for the semi-clearance or Handanovic who made a good stop just before. The ball simply felt to a free Musacchio, so we can blame our bad set piece defending once more.

Inter-Lazio 0-1: Milinkovic-Savic got the better out of Brozovic in the air at the 2nd post. Bad team defending as Brozovic shouldn't have been marking him, Vecino could have been a better option for that who happened to be free in our box, or Skriniar who was marking someone else - so that Vecino would go to Skriniar's man.

Frosinone-Inter 1-3: General defensive hiccup which led to Handanovic not being able to save the shot properly.

Inter-Roma 1-1: Great individual effort by El Shaarway who beats D'Ambrosio (partial blame) but then the lane is cleared as Vecino doesn't react well defensively leaving a shooting opportunity.

Inter-Juventus 1-1: Two faults here as Brozovic doesn't follow Cristiano's one-two and Nainggolan reacts too late despite seeing the open space where he could have changed the situation.

Napoli-Inter 4-1:
    1st goal: Amazing strike. But complete fault of Asamoah for gifting the ball like that.
    2nd goal: Could put some blame on Brozovic for not closing in on Callejon for the cross, but the blame really has to go to Mirand for letting Mertens slip and get a header in the box.
    3rd goal: Our defence was completely outclassed here with a double chance for Napoli. Could blame complacency after the initial Handanovic parry.
    4th goal: Again, defence completely outplayed. Partial blame to D'Ambrosio as his space was wide open for Fabian to have all the time he needed to finish the chance off.

Inter-Empoli 2-1: Like with Napoli game, defence was completely destroyed. This time we can put the blame to Dalbert for not giving a fuck and overall the defence for being outnumbered in the box.

Coppa Italia:

Inter-Benevento 6-2:
    1st goal:
    Very nicely placed FK by Roberto Insigne. Could blame Brozovic for gifting a dangerous foul there but the defence was caught off guard.
    2nd goal: Once more in the season, Brozovic is beaten in the air for an opposition goal.

Inter-Lazio 1-1: Midfield and half the defence completely outplayed by a couple of Lazio players and Immobile scores a deflection.

Champions League:

Inter-Tottenham 2-1:
    Very lucky goal by Eriksen with a Miranda deflection, but the chance should have been killed earlier by Brozovic who lost it to the Dane.

PSV-Inter 1-2:
    Remarkable strike by Rosario with not much to do against it. Brozovic a bit late to close in but cannot really blame him much as a pass was expected from there instead.

Barcelona-Inter 2-0:
    1st goal: Luis Suarez was left free to do whatever he wanted with the ball with Perisic waiting for an action, then a cross is sent in and Skriniar cannot block the ball or Rafinha. A great action nonetheless where the defence couldn't do much at its execution.
    2nd goal: Alba receives an excellent ball by Rakitic and Skriniar cannot stop him.

Inter-Barcelona 1-1: Malcom is free on the right as Asamoah is completely mispositioned on the counter and the Ghanian does nothing to stop Malcom from converting a shot.

Tottenham-Inter 1-0: Complete defensive break down that can be split into the following parts. Asamoah having no idea of what he is doing there, leaving lots of space behind him, Brozovinot following Sissoko because he thinks Skriniar will cover him, but Skriniar is too busy holding off Son who Asamoah left alone and then we have Vecino roaming in ignorance whilst a completely forgotten Eriksen runs towards the ball in the box.

Inter-PSV 1-1: The fault belongs solely to Asamoah.

Europa Leage:

Inter-Frankfurt 0-1:
    A complete slip up of De Vrij lets Frankfurt take the lead.

Of course this does not mean that all of these players should be penalized or something. You are bound to concede goals. We've have major defensive fuck ups that didn't lead to a goal either because they missed or Handa saved us. Or another defensive player.
    But it's something we should be keeping a look at since we can see some issues.

For example we concede a lot of goals from set pieces. No idea what the percentage is, but we also concede many chances that don't get converted from set pieces too. So it's something we need to improve and with out defensive build, this shouldn't happen. We also don't score that much from indirect set pieces either. For direct free kicks let's just leave it
    We also conceded a lot of important goals because of our flanks being very weak, mostly the left one.

It's also quite arbitrary, so I don't want to make a proper list since some may disagree with these and maybe I've missed something. It's mostly indicative.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

United States

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Inter-Empoli 2-1: Like with Napoli game, defence was completely destroyed. This time we can put the blame to Dalbert for not giving a fuck and overall the defence for being outnumbered in the box.
    Awesome post.

Wanted to say on this particular point though that "not giving a fuck" is too kind to Dalbert, who instead was glory-chasing and making the same defensive mistake most 8-year-olds make in chasing the ball instead of marking his man, who then had like an hour to set up an opportunity.

Honestly it was the magnitude of stupidity that bothered me on that one. How I hope he's never on the field for us again.

Italy

It was a weird mixture of helplessness and lack of interest. His movements said: "I don't know what the duck I am supposed to do here, so I'll better mind my own business. I'll just move a bit, so that it looks like I somewhat care of what's happening".
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Australia

10 years of FIF
    What surprises me about Dalbert is that regardless of how few minutes he plays, he always manages to cramp.

I think it is his way of trying to waste time and save himself (and Inter) the embarrassment of constantly being taken to the cleaners by his opponents.

Or maybe he just wants the pity of our supporters and offers his cramping as an excuse for his poor performances.
    #FlyEaglesFly

16. Thanks (1): thatdude

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    What surprises me about Dalbert is that regardless of how few minutes he plays, he always manages to cramp.

I think it is his way of trying to waste time and save himself (and Inter) the embarrassment of constantly being taken to the cleaners by his opponents.

Or maybe he just wants the pity of our supporters and offers his cramping as an excuse for his poor performances.
    Some characters crumble under pressure and expectations. I've read somewhere that Dalbert has been very good on trainings but sadly cannot transfer this form on the pitch. He just has a "small team" mentality. I guess he'll do much better in a smaller team. Something like Ansaldi at Torino.

Fav. Player
    Maicon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

Dominican Republic

*Missing 2019-20
    Platano Power
    TIMO WERNER

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    Some characters crumble under pressure and expectations. I've read somewhere that Dalbert has been very good on trainings but sadly cannot transfer this form on the pitch. He just has a "small team" mentality. I guess he'll do much better in a smaller team. Something like Ansaldi at Torino.
    more than just crumble, he freezes. i have seen my share of bad (in a few cases even horrible) players at Inter but even the worst one of them (beside dalbert) at least did try to do something on the pitch.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

21. Thanks (2): Dylan, MVD

Brazil

A working soul will do the 19/20 ?

23. Thanks (1): MVD