Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread: UEFA Europa League 2018/2019

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Eintracht isn't a good draw at all. Quite the contrary. They were the team i wanted us to avoid the most after the British and Sevilla. They're a really good team and the Rebic-Jovic-Haller trio is dangerous. I wouldn't even be surprised if they went far in the tournament. We shouldn't underestimate them else we won't qualify to the next round.
    They are a good team but we should still comfortably go through against them! Performances like against rapid are not gonna be enough to go through but still.
    I mean Frankfurt imho is on the level of a samp/fiore if you wanna compare them to italian teams and we should go through against teams of that calibre especially in a two legged clash.

Also i prefer an opponent that gives us some challenge rather than another rapid.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post

Just like Kane who completely destroyed us.
    Still scored 4 goals and helped Tottenham go through. I guess Inter are bigger chokers than Tottenham, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    I couldn't care less about the thanks on a football forum lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Yung Bubby

Austria

Edit: wrong thread. Post is in the match thread now
    角 言 谷 走 近 里 麦 画 東 京 夜 Trappin' in Garden of Eden 久 仏 支 比 可 旧 永 句 圧 弁 布 Stay A E S T H E T I C 牧 的 季工英 芽 単 省夕支 Lean Sommilier 皿 礼 両 曲 向 州 径 巡 次 安 守

4. Thanks (2): MVD, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

We are better and therefore gonna advance further.
    Last edited by forzainter257; 22 Feb 19 at 13:29.
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    I mean Frankfurt imho is on the level of a samp/fiore
    They beat Lazio in both games so I would put them above Samp/Fiorentina level. Also, they have more European experience recently than those 2 teams.

8. Thanks (1): ADRossi

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Yeah, Lazio also lost to Apollon Limassol in the EL. I have the feeling they just didn't put too much effort in that tournament.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

10. Thanks (2): MVD, phonk

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Still scored 4 goals and helped Tottenham go through. I guess Inter are bigger chokers than Tottenham, huh?
    Who scored 4 goals? Kane?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

I'm pretty sure he scored 4 in this CL run. Lemme check.

Edit: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/harr...spieler/132098

Kane scored 3 against PSV and 1 against Barca.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    I couldn't care less about the thanks on a football forum lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    im just poking the bear.....well, i was going to but nah...it's friday
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

14. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Fav. Player
    Škriniar

Italy

I will never understand people who complain after the draws. Yes, we could have drawn an easier opponent, but if we really aim to go far in the competition, we can't be afraid of anyone. Eintracht are a good team (especially their attack) and deserve our respect, sure, but I suspect they're worried as much as we are (if not more) right now. So, chin up and get ready for the fight.

16. Thanks (2): Devious, MVD

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Guz View Post
    I will never understand people who complain after the draws. Yes, we could have drawn an easier opponent, but if we really aim to go far in the competition, we can't be afraid of anyone. Eintracht are a good team (especially their attack) and deserve our respect, sure, but I suspect they're worried as much as we are (if not more) right now. So, chin up and get ready for the fight.
    The idea is to get as much coefficient points as possible plus avoiding strong opponents for as long as possible as the team has the mentality of menstruating schoolgirl so we fear that after loss in Europe they will get fully tilted and depressed after a loss and drop form in the internal championship as well. The more we get teams like Rapid, the better, so that we can convey that momentum into our Serie A run.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

18. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Škriniar

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate View Post
    The idea is to get as much coefficient points as possible plus avoiding strong opponents for as long as possible as the team has the mentality of menstruating schoolgirl so we fear that after loss in Europe they will get fully tilted and depressed after a loss and drop form in the internal championship as well. The more we get teams like Rapid, the better, so that we can convey that momentum into our Serie A run.
    I get your point, but at this stage of the tournament there are very few weak opponents to draw. And even if we had managed to draw one, those would have probably been the last two easy fixtures on the road to Baku.
    Besides, Inter usually play better against teams that go for it than against those that sit back, so there's a silver lining to this draw.

Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I get your point, but at this stage of the tournament there are very few weak opponents to draw. And even if we had managed to draw one, those would have probably been the last two easy fixtures on the road to Baku.
    Besides, Inter usually play better against teams that go for it than against those that sit back, so there's a silver lining to this draw.
    Yeah I agree that we tend to play surprisingly well against good opponents. It's like players fight more and put more effort to the game or something. Though we haven't played whole lot of tough games after the slump started. Napoli at home was the only one.

Fav. Player
    Škriniar

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Yeah I agree that we tend to play surprisingly well against good opponents. It's like players fight more and put more effort to the game or something. Though we haven't played whole lot of tough games after the slump started. Napoli at home was the only one.
    I don't think it's a matter of motivation, but rather the fact that in an end-to-end game the other team leaves spaces that we can exploit, which almost never happens when we face a smaller team. That, combined with our chronical inability to unlock defensed via dribbling or quick link-up play in tight spaces, makes it so that we have a hard time breaking even the shittiest defences in Italy so long as they sit back and wait for us to come at them.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    I used to press on that back in 2010, but back then we had a team of avengers, not the penguins of Madagascar.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

23. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD