Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Copa Libertadores Final 2018

Vatican

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member
    Another detail that makes this fixture epic is how the teams got in the final.

But specially for River's case as they lost 0-1 to current holders Gremio in the first semi final. Then they ended up losing 1-0 in Brazil as well only to turn things around in the late second half. Then, destiny had awaken and with a 95th minute PK goal, River was through to the final after 3 years.

Boca on the other hand faced Palmeiras in both the groups and the semis. Palmeiras dominated the results in the group stage but Boca won 2-0 at home in the first semi and looked to control the tie and then managed to draw 2-2 in the return game to meet their arch rivals in the final.

The Libertadores has a ranking system after the group stage ends to decide the knockout stage where Palmeiras was seeded #1 and Gremio #2. River Plate were #4 while Boca Juniors were #14 which essentially means that they won all their knockout games with the crucial game away.

P.S. Gallardo was a Monaco player for many years. He did play for PSG as well for half a season in the end of his career. He wasn't a world beater but he was an important player for Argentina in the 90s.

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Great game so far, River Plate playing a lot better, missed some chances but credit to Boca for taking their chances.

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Vatican

6. Thanks (3): K.I., MVD, thatdude

United States

Best Football Poster Best Overall Poster
    Looked an exciting game.

Does Tevez not regularly start for Bocs anymore?

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Def was, it was the same as the last time i watch Boca or a Libertadores match, just end to end attacking play with both teams jut going for it. Cant wait for the return leg. I have to say the 2 legs though and having no away fans takes away so much from a match like this. I understand the safety concerns though.

Not sure about Tevez, from what was written here and in the media is he is not at a level good enough to start a match like this, even though when he came on he was a threat.

9. Thanks (1): thatdude

Vatican

I'm sure RPalacio8 is either still drunk or still gutted from the game