Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 266673747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1597

Thread: Beppe Marotta

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

94 10 years of FIF
    The amount of Marotta misgivings is simply beginning to exceed any of the perceived benefits.

He came in with a reputation as a shrewd seller who maximizes player values while spending responsibly. Instead, we've spent an enormous amount of money while failing to sell any of our players outright for a respectable sum of money (Mario, Perisic, Nainggolan, Dalbert). He sold Icardi for a reasonable sum, only after contributing to the massive reduction in valuation of the player.

On the purchases front, we've blown millions of Euros on the likes of Lazaro, Kolarov, and Godin (via golden handshake). We've failed to address squad depth issues at the CB, LWB, and CF positions.

I'll give him credit for the Hakimi, Barella, and Lukaku purchases, but the costs have simply outweighed the benefits to this point.

His fate is inevitably tied to that of Conte. When Conte takes his golden handshake next summer Marotta should follow him out the door, barring a miraculous change in form.

2. Thanks (6): Earth, MVD, Palacio, rfU, Wings, _OC_

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    I think this opinion is a bit exaggerated:
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    The amount of Marotta misgivings is simply beginning to exceed any of the perceived benefits.

He came in with a reputation as a shrewd seller who maximizes player values while spending responsibly. Instead, we've spent an enormous amount of money while failing to sell any of our players outright for a respectable sum of money (Mario, Perisic, Nainggolan, Dalbert). He sold Icardi for a reasonable sum, only after contributing to the massive reduction in valuation of the player.
    The players you have mentioned were quite difficult to be sold for a reasonable price, especially on post-Covid transfer market. I cannot see a particular fault of Marrotta here.
    I agree about Icardi but it's a fact that even before his row with the club, nobody had offered anything close to his release clause. I doubt that we could have gotten even 90mln for him at the best scenario (the whole Icardi's saga just didn't happen at all).

On the purchases front, we've blown millions of Euros on the likes of Lazaro, Kolarov, and Godin (via golden handshake). We've failed to address squad depth issues at the CB, LWB, and CF positions.

I'll give him credit for the Hakimi, Barella, and Lukaku purchases, but the costs have simply outweighed the benefits to this point.
    I don't understand how the "the costs have simply outweighed the benefits to this point" about Lukaku's, Barella's and Hakimi's transfers? How you have invested better 40mln spent for each Barella and Hakimi? About Lukaku i'd agree at some extent that we could have purchase a similar type of player for a less money but his impact on the team for now is good enough to ignore his transfer fee.

4. Thanks (1): PHM1605

Japan

another Fassone case, it seems like we never learn

the sooner this useless piece of shit fuck off the better

6. Thanks (2): MVD, Palacio

Fav. Player

Albania

Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffi201zi002tlis View Post
    another Fassone case, it seems like we never learn

the sooner this useless piece of shit fuck off the better
    Exactly, we need a ruthless owner like Elliot to clean Inter from corrupt managers.

- - - Updated - - -

On the purchases front, we've blown millions of Euros on the likes of Lazaro, Kolarov, and Godin (via golden handshake). We've failed to address squad depth issues at the CB, LWB, and CF positions. I think Marotta sacking and that of his apprentice will most likely be in January.

His fate is inevitably tied to that of Conte. When Conte takes his golden handshake next summer Marotta should follow him out the door, barring a miraculous change in form.
    Well-said. But I think his only main good deal was Barella even though his price is a bit inflated. All the other players were over priced and would have been bought by Maldini (if he ever rated them )for half of the prices Marotta paid for them . I am just surprised this idiot still has his job after all of his shitty deals.

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Unfortunately, it seems that Marotta has to stay and clean the mess he created. And he'll do it by hiring Allegri.

There's still time to sell Skriniar of course. Liverpool seems like a very likely destination at this point and they will have the 50 ish million that we'll be asking. Hopefully he rejects them, but I'm pretty sure that they'll make a bid that Marotta will agree to.
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

Fav. Player

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Unfortunately, it seems that Marotta has to stay and clean the mess he created. And he'll do it by hiring Allegri.

There's still time to sell Skriniar of course. Liverpool seems like a very likely destination at this point and they will have the 50 ish million that we'll be asking. Hopefully he rejects them, but I'm pretty sure that they'll make a bid that Marotta will agree to.
    If he stays it would be much safer healthwise to watch Sassousolo than Inter. But I really think that he failed miserably and his days are numbered.

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Palacio View Post
    If he stays it would be much safer healthwise to watch Sassousolo than Inter. But I really think that he failed miserably and his days are numbered.
    I do not think Marotta's days are numbered. The real problem is that Stephen Zhang appears to have an abundance of patience for the likes of Marotta and Conte. Unless there is a major misstep, in the form of failing to qualify for the Chmpions League or something similar, I do not think Zhang will yield the axe and get rid of Marotta or Conte.

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Marotta was already planning for a Conte departure this season. But Zhang interrupted. And post that, Marotta made sure that we don't make any expenditure on Conte.

Marotta definitely deserves to stay. His biggest mistake so far has been not to get a 4th striker for 2 seasons running. Apart from that, he has done quite well.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

14. Thanks (1): A.l.i

Europe

61 10 years of FIF
    Marotta is definately on the line also (with Conte). He wanted Conte so bad that he gave him too big and too long contract. We all know Conte is only for short term and too hot head to last 3 seasons.

16. Thanks (3): Palacio, rfU, _OC_

Japan

Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    Marotta was already planning for a Conte departure this season. But Zhang interrupted. And post that, Marotta made sure that we don't make any expenditure on Conte.

Marotta definitely deserves to stay. His biggest mistake so far has been not to get a 4th striker for 2 seasons running. Apart from that, he has done quite well.
    Deserve to stay? He's the fucking idiot who chose Conte over Mourinho

He showed other players the "Inter ball", right? Now it's time to show him the same treatment.

18. Thanks (5): DIN011, MVD, Nothing, Palacio, _OC_

Fav. Player

Albania

Almost all of his decisions are wrong: Conte, Sensi, Kolaro, Hakimi, Icardi, Eriksen, Finished Vidal, Ashly Very Old, etc.

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Japan

He's worse than Ausilio and Branca combined, with a Rube background

I'm done with Zhang if we don't fire both him and Conte for this shit show

22. Thanks (4): DIN011, Linege, MVD, Palacio

Old name
    Analrapist

Bosnia Herzegovina

Most Missed Member 10 years of FIF
    Before Marotta:
    1st in Serie. Good chance to progress in CL. Results were good. Team morale was good. Future was looking bright.

After Marotta:
    Insecurity starts, especially for Spalletti who's been sacked by Marotta before. PSV fiasco happens in literally his 1st game. Chaos erupts. Winter slump as usual. Results go to shit. All contract negotiations are stopped. Team morale is FUCKED. Icardi saga happens out of nowhere. FULL BLOWN CHAOS. Results are fucked. We barely make CL. Conte comes. The rest is history. This is the worst timeline.
    I'm streets ahead.

Fav. Player
    Gagliardinho

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by DIN011 View Post
    Before Marotta:
    1st in Serie. Good chance to progress in CL. Results were good. Team morale was good. Future was looking bright.

After Marotta:
    Insecurity starts, especially for Spalletti who's been sacked by Marotta before. PSV fiasco happens in literally his 1st game. Chaos erupts. Winter slump as usual. Results go to shit. All contract negotiations are stopped. Team morale is FUCKED. Icardi saga happens out of nowhere. FULL BLOWN CHAOS. Results are fucked. We barely make CL. Conte comes. The rest is history. This is the worst timeline.
    You should see our starting line up before Marotta vs After Marotta.

Marotta is not our problem, Conte is .

Look how much shit our player before Marotta. D'ambrosio, Gagliardini, and Vecino . We never win Scudetto with them in our starting XI.
    Gagliardini best italian midfielders 2020/2021

Fuck em both tbh, i lost my patience

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by magnesium View Post
    You should see our starting line up before Marotta vs After Marotta
    You do understand that we were still respecting that Settlement Agreement, right?

You also do understand that pre-Marotta vs today's roster has seen more than 300m euros committed to transfers, players and coaches, right?
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

27. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, _OC_

Old name
    Analrapist

Bosnia Herzegovina

Most Missed Member 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by magnesium View Post
    You should see our starting line up before Marotta vs After Marotta.

Marotta is not our problem, Conte is .

Look how much shit our player before Marotta. D'ambrosio, Gagliardini, and Vecino . We never win Scudetto with them in our starting XI.
    Marotta didn't have to deal with no Thohir settlement agreement bullshit like Ausilio did. And what about the squad? Look at last years squad. Our last season was fucked because we didn't have any midfield options, because this lazy eyed fuck decided to loan Nainggolan out for whatever reason.
    I'm streets ahead.

29. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Japan

If anything, this guy should be sued for the Icardi saga alone. Surely Icardi was a problematic character, but he was also a big scorer against Rube. The saga came out of nowhere since this trash joined us, plus he made sure that we have to sell Icardi at a discounted price.

He's a disgrace even when you compare him to the likes of Branca in vacation mode.

31. Thanks (3): DIN011, magnesium, MVD

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Marotta, my favourite CEO since Steve Jobs.
    Dr. Marotta

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Ffi201zi002tlis View Post
    If anything, this guy should be sued for the Icardi saga alone. Surely Icardi was a problematic character, but he was also a big scorer against Rube. The saga came out of nowhere since this trash joined us, plus he made sure that we have to sell Icardi at a discounted price.

He's a disgrace even when you compare him to the likes of Branca in vacation mode.
    The way I see it, the icardi saga is actually the one thing he handled well to be honest. It's not his fault the player acted the way he did, and we sold him for a fairly good price given the circumstances.
    "As usual in Italy some decisions are made without sense and logic. The dark side of the football that we tried to clean up returns to light".

Fabio Liverani, Lecce coach.

My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

34. Thanks (2): MVD, rfU