Thread: Beppe Marotta

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    It's Zhang giving Conte everything. Marotta is probably super pissed at the situation, would love to hear the discussions in that Black Tuesday meeting.
    Ummm, you might have a point there, but didn’t Marotta basically quit Juve cuz he didn’t agree with CR purchase?
    Why wouldn’t he just flat out quit if he’s pissed what happened on that meeting?

2. Thanks (1): forzainter257

Somalia

Well, he did leave 2 months into the season (end of october), so who knows he might do the same by end of November with us since league starts end of September.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    I think an underrated reason for why Marotta left Juventus was that Agnelli held a couple of meetings with Paratici and Nedved, without Marotta, to discuss the future.

He'd survive the whole Cristiano debacle, just as he did initially and didn't leave on the spot. Just like he survived the Higuain signing.
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

5. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, MVD

7. Thanks (2): n4l, nurko

Fav. Player
    Matrix

Denmark

First things first.
    Barella has been a good signing, well-worth his transfer price.
    Sensi also looks like a neat signing - that said, he was injured for more than half a season, so 20 million isn't exactly a bargain. Still, I'm happy he's here.
    Hakimi is a wonderful signing. A young, well-established talent who's already one of the best in his position, and fits the coach's system like a glove. Although most sources report that he was Ausilio's project, he was still reeled in. Great.
    Sanchez was a shrewd buy, and the perfect player for a third-string attacker.

Everything else; pretty much catastrophic.

Quickly brought in the all-too-safe, although incredibly expensive choice in Conte. 12 million euros a year makes him the fourth-most expensive coach in the world. Not exactly an inspiring choice with tremendous, potential downside, and that's just looking at what type of manager he is, and totally ignoring his past, which isn't exactly endearing. More on that downside later.

Started off his tenure with trying to establish some sort of draconic, no-nonsense authority by sending three of our greatest assets away on cheap, cheap loans, two of which were not taken up, and one which sold one of the most clinical strikers in the world away for under his market value.
    In the end, we gained next to nothing in loaning out Nainggolan and Perisic, even paying a sum to Cagliari for having Radja score a goal on us.

Spent next to a month on buying Lukaku, and ended up paying exactly the price Manchester wanted. He's been great for us, but ultimately, we paid the entire, full sum for a player that was unwanted by his club at the time.
    Speaking of United, we've since learned that around this time, he promised Parma to buy Matteo fucking Darmian off them if they'd buy him from United. For what reason? I really have no clue. No sensible human being would agree to that.

Bought Lazaro so the coach could play his beloved 3-5-2. We all know how that turned out.

Barely got us through FFP by selling Pinamonti to Genoa, which in the end cost os 500.000 to not have him available for us.

All in all, he oversees the by-far most expensive transfer window in our history.

Come winter, getting rid of Politano was fine, Ashley Young seemed a weird choice but has worked out - although I doubt many other clubs would clap at getting 35-year olds.

As was the case with Lukaku, again spent close to a month on acquiring Eriksen, paying 27 million for a player with one year left on his contract.

Now the fun really starts/now the wheels really start falling off the wagon, whichever way you want to look at it.

Marotta's first full seasons ends up with the club crashing out of the Champions League (no improvement there), we progress to the next round in the Coppa but are sent out by a lethargic Napoli-side, we end up second with one point after Juventus (which is extremely flattering, seeing as Juventus won the Scudetto ind round 34 or 35 (?) and ultimately took their feet completely off the gas, and the only other competitive teams were minnows Atalanta and Lazio whom didn't bother to turn up after the Corona-break), and a deep Europa League-run gets our some kind of exposure, but like always, we fail when it matters most, and end up losing to a team we should beat seven our eight times out of ten.
    Conte, being paid four times more than the former coach who had little to no backing, ends up trophy-less, but some clear signs of improvement.

Of course and predictably, Conte self-implodes and after having already publicly criticized his employer, he pretty much stabs it in its back, with accusations of bullets in envelopes, not enough backing and everything else from here to the moon.
    You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who at least couldn't see that that was a risk when hiring the guy that was hired, and in hindsight, Marotta, having worked with him before, should've stayed well clear.

Allegri - a more tactically flexible, modern, cheaper and more compatible option, whom, keep in mind, Juventus hired to take over from Conte and pretty much took them a step further, pops up, willing and able out of nowhere like a gift sent from the heavens.
    Whether Marotta's choice or Suning's, the wrong choice is made, and Conte stays on. Seemingly promised most if not everything he wants in regards to sporting choices and the make up of the squad (I think maybe only the renewal of Borja hasn't happened yet), BUT without the pressure of winning anything. In one of the most staggering twists of fate I've ever seen at this club, stagnation is seemingly fine. Expensive stagnation, none the less, but the status quo is apparently fine.
    Suning imposes a sell-before-buying strategy, possibly spurred on by Covid, possibly just because 200 million or however much that was used last transfer window was a lot with no trophies to show for it.
    So, keep in mind; few funds, the impetus MUST be on getting the absolute most out unwanted players. We have a great squad, almost on-par with Juventus - especially in terms of depth. There's very little to fix.

And here we are.
    Kolarov, a 35-year old on his last legs is bought. Conte-player, no doubt.
    Conte's loverboy Arturo Vidal, who was last seen nearly dying of exhaustion against Bayern is of course acquired. I mean, Conte would shoot someone at point blank range if that didn't turn out the way he wanted.
    Marotta keeps his promise on Pinamonti, although our financial - and for that sake the world- situation has changed for the worse since we originally agreed to get him back. That's 19 million for a fourth-string attacker who scored five goals last term.
    Some Swiss kid is bought so we, once again, can't play him because we really, desperately need him to be on the bench for the entirety of the season in Genova.

Without counting any sales, we increase our wage bill by 34 million with NEXT TO NOTHING of increase in quality to show for it.
    So how do we try to minimize our losses, trying to maintain a healthy bottom line.

Sell Candreva on a FFP-loss of about 1 million euros.
    Seemingly send off Nainggolan in a deal that is a 8-9 (correct me if I'm wrong) net-loss in regards to FFP.
    Pay money to Cagliari for Godin (who was a clear, preferred starter at the end of the season) in a deal that sees us gain no plusvalenza on a free-transfer, and saves on an absolute minimum in regards to our finances.
    Fail to get rid of absolute shitters like Joao Mario, Dalbert, Vecino (as of now), Gagliardini
    And worst of all, sell a player who fired his own agent when the former was trying to inquire about a possibly transfer away from the club, stating his intet to possibly stay at the club forever, for a price that would've been laughed off pre-covid, because he can't settle in a rigid, regressive, old-ass system for a coach that might quit in the middle of the season, and at most will stay for one more season.
    Replace said player with YET another 30+-year old player in Chris Smalling.
    Is still chasing the fever-dream that is Kante, with Conte being okay with selling most everyone so he can get a bonafide midget for a midfield that lacks height and physical strength.

Zeroing in on one of the parts of our squad;
    Before this, our defense was Skriniar/Godin - De Vrij - Bastoni, with D'Ambrosio and Ranocchia being more than serviceable. Legitimately - on paper - one of the best defenses in the world. Now we're looking at D'Ambrosio - De Vrij - Bastoni, with Smalling, Darmian, Kolarov and a 17-year old as backups. That's not much better than Lazio, seriously. We manged to thin out our depth, significantly increased the average age, AND got a much worse starting lineup for it, with all of the reserves barring a player that has zero professional caps being 30 years or more.
    Meanwhile elsewhere Christian Eriksen, on his day one of the greatest midfielders in the world, is in doubt. Gagliardini, one of the worst players in the squad, has a better outlook in regards to potential playing time.

Worst of all, the senior sporting director who should be in charge of most if not all of the sporting decisions, has been sidelined by the erratic, time-ticking bomb of a bitch in Conte. By his own accord or not, that is just not allowed to happen. You can blame Conte all you want, but ultimately, he was Marotta's choice, and Marotta's responsibility. He has failed MISERABLY.

And there are probably a couple of things that I haven't mentioned.

Granted, some of this is speculative, and some of the information might not be true, but all in all, the Marotta project has turned into a bit of a fraud, no? I'm pretty much shell-shocked at how this has turned out-

Fav. Player
    Bastoni

Holy See

Luka:

10. Thanks (2): MVD, n4l

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Albania

I could reply to that long post because there are so many things wrong that it hurts my eye but i will choose to not do so the moment since i don't have the time right now.
    I will just post this small comparison:

1st week 2019-20 season : Inter vs Lecce:
    Starting Line Up:
    Handanovic , Dambro - Ranochia - Skriniar , Candreva-Vecino-Brozo-Sensi-Asamoah , Lukaku - Martinez
    Bench:
    Padelli, Berni, Dimarco, De Vrij, Dalbert, Bastoni, Gagliardini, Lazaro, Borja Valero, Barella, Politano, Esposito.

1st week of season 2020-21: Inter vs Fiorentina
    Possible Starting Line Up:
    Handanovic , Dambro - Bastoni - Kolarov , Hakimi - Barella - Galgiardini - Erisken - Perisic , Lukaku - Martinez
    Possible Bench:
    Radu , Padelli, Skriniar , Ranochia , Pirola , Young , Dalbert , Sensi , Naingolan ,Vidal , Sanchez , Pinamonti

If you can compare the two and not admit that both our starting line up and bench is sensibly improved then you are not worth responding to that post.

12. Thanks (1): ciamac

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

PNG

But Skriniar isn't good enough? We can't have him play for Inter just because he screams with his veins popping off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strale View Post
    I would accept 10mil, keep Firpo or whatever the fuck his name is, if Bartomeu fucks a pig in public. Like in Black Mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Just start Eriksen you fat vag

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    The main issue with the club is the numbers of the deadwoods in the squad. Dalbert, Gagliardini, Vecino, Mario, Asamoah. They are not sellable. No interest on them at all. Even on players like Perisic and Brozovic, no one is interested to buy them. On the other hand, we can't just golden handshake everyone and keep buying players. This issue is what Marotta inherited when he joined. It is not something you can sort out in 1-2 months. We are already projecting loss of huge revenues from ticket sales this season, maybe lack of sponsorship too.

You can always look at the negatives but there are always the positives too. First european final in a decade. Competing with Juve until week 36. Juve won the league in week 36. Establishing young players like Barella and Bastoni, etc. Lazaro was a failed project but at least he is not here giving us headache. Which sides do you want to see it is a matter of your perspective.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Marotta

Europe

Yeah I dont see how finish second and get in to CL and get in to EL final is ” failed MISERABLY”?

I think Covid messed some plans that our managment had and now we have to go with plan b? Some sponsors left and no fans in the standS is a huge blow for everyones budget!

Over all I think Marotta have done good job!

Godin 34 -> Kolarov 34, I think Kolarov is more suitable to Conteball than Godin and can cover also at LWB.

Borja 35 -> Vidal 33, I think Vidal is better player than Valero and we need some experience in the middle! And overall Eriksen 28, Sensi 25, Barella 23, Brozovic 27, Vecino 29 and Gags 26 are not that old? I hope Eriksen gel with a team this season, but if not I think we can get our money back?

Candreva 33 -> Darmian 30, again 3 years younger and can play multiple positions. Not sure about what he can bring but Im ok with him.

Moses 29 -> Hakimi 21, massive upgrade and much younger! Im exited to see him play and he came here mainly cause of Conte... me thinks?

Esposito 18 -> Pinamonti 21, here I like that we got Pina back and hope he will get some minutes? There will be lots of games and surely Pina is more mature than Esposito was last season. I hope Esposito can some day take Sanchez place? So two exiting prospects we have here... no?

Ranocchia 32 -> Pirola 18, maybe Pirola will get Ranos minutes this season and gain some experience?

Biraghi 28 -> Perisic 31, again Perisic is better player and I hope he can give a hand, we also did get that €5m loan money from Bayern so that covered that Radja wage what we paid to Cagliari, so +-0... Correct me if Im wrong?

Agoume is also exiting guy to watch and hope he will get more minutes at Spezia?

Skriniar 25 -> Milenkovic 22/Smalling 30/Rudiker 27, this is more painfull but Im ok if we can get €50-60M from him... have not been that great last 1,5 years and seems to be more suitable to 4 backline? Milenkovic seems to be good player, but I dream Upamecano! Both young and fairly fast witch is good when play with 3 at back.

We still need to get Radja, Mario, Dalbert and Asamoah out... cant really blame Marotta with these guys?

I also think Sanchez, Young and Lukaku was good transfers from Marotta.

When I read FIF its like we are in relegation battle and all hope is lost
    imustbemasochisttosupportinter

17. Thanks (3): ElinaYvo, magnesium, thatdude

Japan

another useless and overrated CEO

19. Thanks (2): MVD, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    sounded like conte put the blame on Marotta for godin
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Wearing your mask like that is like wearing a condom on your balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Where is Diego Armando Eriksen?

21. Thanks (2): brakbrak, MVD

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    sounded like conte put the blame on Marotta for godin
    What did he say?

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    What did he say?
    "Every decision was evaluated by the club and it’s not up to me. What I must do is to try to get the best out of the players I am given, and I think that’s something I do very well. If you want to talk about other matters, you can ask other people about them.”

I'm guessing it was up to the club to sign lukaku as well, he was bullshitting that he said the press wouldn't believe what he had to do to get lukaku.

25. Thanks (1): n4l

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    I feel bad for Marotta honestly. This man supports his coach and constantly gets thrown under the bus by said coach

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

All I'll say is, everyone blames conte for all our signings including darmian.
    Darmian was left on the bench today and conte usually always changes one of his wingback.
    We can't rule out that it was the club that decided these moves. The club decided the eriksen move.

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    I am not getting into the who bought who thing. It's just sad for Marotta to just be thrown under the bus all the time.

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Marotta probably expected this when he hired his best friend.
    Dr. Marotta

31. Thanks (3): Ffi201zi002tlis, Glass box, n4l

Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Marotta probably expected this when he hired his best friend.
    He actually did expect it. He said it in the pre-season press conference, with Conte sitting next to him.

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    I am not getting into the who bought who thing. It's just sad for Marotta to just be thrown under the bus all the time.
    I'm guessing he's throwing Zhang under the bus more than Marotta. Marotta is not a moron; he knows Darmian and Kolarov are not in the same class as Godin. But Conte needed his pacifier in Vidal, and Suning weren't taking on that salary unless we sold. When we couldn't sell we had to resort to terminations.

34. Thanks (1): MVD