Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 307077787980
Results 1,581 to 1,597 of 1597

Thread: Beppe Marotta

  1. #1581
    Besnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Mar 09
    Posts
    14,941
    Thanked
    5,911 times
    Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio

    Albania

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Zanetti for example would have pushed for Pochettino. And this time maybe Suning would have listened to him rather than Marotta.
    As much as I respect and adore Javier Zanetti for his contributions with Inter in pitch, I think Capitano is too mute and somewhat a nothing when it comes to decision making and importance in the management.

    I thought he's there only because of his legacy with Inter and nothing else. He's too nice guy though.

  2. Thanks (1): Palacio

  3. #1582

    Join Date
    17 Feb 12
    Posts
    4,567
    Thanked
    6,716 times

    Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    Vidal was 0 and Kolarov was 2m, peanuts. Of course we can't ignore Conte completely, but I would not say we are 100% backing on Conte either. His costly requests (Kante and Alonso) do not come here eventually.

    Plus Skriniar hasn't been sold, Eriksen comes without Conte approval. Has Conte frozen him out, Marotta can't do anything else but sell him. After that well-known meeting some conflicts between Marotta and Conte were clear, no longer on the same boat.

    If Zhang doesn't put hands in his pocket (50m at least), we have to live with Conte.
    Conte should understand that not all his costly requests can come here though. I mean, Kante is a starter for a Chelsea team that is getting better, may be fighting for the EPL title, and made it to the Round of 16 with ease - I really hope Conte wasn't just expecting Marotta to easily convince them to sell Kante to us. We already spend a huge amount of money on Lukaku, which probably would have limited us in spending much more money.

    Vidal may have been 0, but was definitely a Conte request, and it looks like Kolarov might have been one too. We also bought Hakimi for 40 million who should be a great fit for a wingback position, so that's a huge upgrade on what we had previously.

  4. Thanks (1): MVD

  5. #1583
    Adriano@10's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 May 04
    Posts
    7,650
    Thanked
    6,137 times
    Fav. Player
    Oba



    24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    Vidal was 0 and Kolarov was 2m, peanuts. Of course we can't ignore Conte completely, but I would not say we are 100% backing on Conte either. His costly requests (Kante and Alonso) do not come here eventually.

    Plus Skriniar hasn't been sold, Eriksen comes without Conte approval. Has Conte frozen him out, Marotta can't do anything else but sell him. After that well-known meeting some conflicts between Marotta and Conte were clear, no longer on the same boat.

    If Zhang doesn't put hands in his pocket (50m at least), we have to live with Conte.
    People need to stop looking only at transfer fees Vidal costs us 7+mio a season, thats not cheap no matter how you look at it, even more so for a player we did not really need. Also kolarov is on 3mio per year again not cheap considering his skill and age.

    Yes skriniar was not sold but the fact that we even entertained offers is telling you where the power in this club lies... If beppe was in power and wanted skriniar to stay why not tell conte no way jose? But no we tried to statisfy the fucken jubentino cunt cause he trew a tantrum in summer...

    Also funny how we found the 10 mio for vidal and Kolarov to make him happy but now we cant find 2-3 mio to pay his replacement fucken pathetic..
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

    #Fuck Conte

  6. #1584
    PHM1605's Avatar
    Join Date
    25 Feb 13
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanked
    4,232 times

    Vietnam

    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    People need to stop looking only at transfer fees Vidal costs us 7+mio a season, thats not cheap no matter how you look at it, even more so for a player we did not really need. Also kolarov is on 3mio per year again not cheap considering his skill and age.

    Yes skriniar was not sold but the fact that we even entertained offers is telling you where the power in this club lies... If beppe was in power and wanted skriniar to stay why not tell conte no way jose? But no we tried to statisfy the fucken jubentino cunt cause he trew a tantrum in summer...

    Also funny how we found the 10 mio for vidal and Kolarov to make him happy but now we cant find 2-3 mio to pay his replacement fucken pathetic..
    Buying any better players you have to pay a heavy salary as well, plus the transfer fee of 100m (like our rumors, Kante or Alonso). Are you suggesting we don't buy anyone just to pissed Conte off or buying better ones that are cheaper? Give me names in that case.

    Also, I don't know where you pull the "2-3m for Conte replacement" from? You don't calculate the cost to terminate Conte&co contract and the new coach's staff cost?
    Not 2-3m, dude, 50m-60m. Which we never have.

  7. #1585
    varmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Dec 14
    Posts
    3,612
    Thanked
    3,827 times

    Bulgaria

    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    People need to stop looking only at transfer fees Vidal costs us 7+mio a season, thats not cheap no matter how you look at it, even more so for a player we did not really need
    So, you say it's better to buy someone like JM for 40-50mln + 3-4mln wage than paying 7mln salary to Vidal?

  8. #1586
    Adriano@10's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 May 04
    Posts
    7,650
    Thanked
    6,137 times
    Fav. Player
    Oba



    24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    Buying any better players you have to pay a heavy salary as well, plus the transfer fee of 100m (like our rumors, Kante or Alonso). Are you suggesting we don't buy anyone just to pissed Conte off or buying better ones that are cheaper? Give me names in that case.

    Also, I don't know where you pull the "2-3m for Conte replacement" from? You don't calculate the cost to terminate Conte&co contract and the new coach's staff cost?
    Not 2-3m, dude, 50m-60m. Which we never have.
    Again why would firing conte increase our costs by anything other than the new coaches salary? I doubt will pay him a bonus for getting fired...
    Worst case is we have to pay him till his contract ends but that amount is in our budget any ways........(contes salary is a sunk cost)
    So again the cost increase for this season would only be what ever the replacement earns and as i said i think a caretaker would be enough for us to finish top 4. Ofcours if we get a poch/allegri our cost would increase a lot more than just 2/3 mio..

    Yes we did not have the money to sign WC players as we already spent big on hakimi but we obviously still had 10 mio in our budget for this season was it really wise to spend it on Vidal and Kolarov considering our squad at the time?
    Did we really need Kolarov and Vidal though? Or did we only buy them to shut up our bitching coach?Or would we have been better of signing a better rb than young? which should have been possible with a budget of 10mio/year probably not a wc one but still....

    Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    So, you say it's better to buy someone like JM for 40-50mln + 3-4mln wage than paying 7mln salary to Vidal?
    Not what i am saying i m saying spending 10 mio on players we dont really need is still quite expensive....
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

    #Fuck Conte

  9. Thanks (1): MVD

  10. #1587
    PHM1605's Avatar
    Join Date
    25 Feb 13
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanked
    4,232 times

    Vietnam

    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Again why would firing conte increase our costs by anything other than the new coaches salary? I doubt will pay him a bonus for getting fired...
    Worst case is we have to pay him till his contract ends but that amount is in our budget any ways........(contes salary is a sunk cost)
    So again the cost increase for this season would only be what ever the replacement earns and as i said i think a caretaker would be enough for us to finish top 4. Ofcours if we get a poch/allegri our cost would increase a lot more than just 2/3 mio..

    Yes we did not have the money to sign WC players as we already spent big on hakimi but we obviously still had 10 mio in our budget for this season was it really wise to spend it on Vidal and Kolarov considering our squad at the time?
    Did we really need Kolarov and Vidal though? Or did we only buy them to shut up our bitching coach?Or would we have been better of signing a better rb than young? which should have been possible with a budget of 10mio/year probably not a wc one but still....


    Not what i am saying i m saying spending 10 mio on players we dont really need is still quite expensive....
    Well, no good coach accepts 1 year contract till the end of the year, but 2-3 years at least, and we “wasted” another 2 years of that caretaker when we replace him eventually. He is a low tier profile and surely we can’t build a project around him.

    Second point, you shouldn’t pay Conte to sit home if we don’t have better replacement. As much as I agree Conte is doing a poor job, it is highly probable that 2-3m salary can only be worse than him. Before you mention Inzaghi, Gasperini, Pirlo, or Pioli, let me remind, the first 3 are poorer than us in the league and the last one basically has jokes of European matches comparing to ours (in terms of difficulty and stamina spent). Allegri is 7m+, Sarri 6m+...

    What should we do if the caretaker cant hold 2nd, or worse, drop top4 again? Fire him to add another 2-3m to the book without CL money at the same time?

    Its all about risk/cost ratio, and risk/cost says we shouldn’t fire Conte now. You can’t rely on winning jackpot if the chance of landing a “Prandelli” is higher.

  11. Thanks (1): syrus

  12. #1588
    Il Drago's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Dec 15
    Posts
    10,455
    Thanked
    26,147 times
    Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

    Greece

    Best Football Poster
    Inter CEO Beppe Marotta: “Serie A Must Reduce Player Salaries Or Clubs Will Go Bust”

    Inter chief executive Beppe Marotta has warned Serie A clubs could start going bust if player salaries are not slashed quickly.

    The Covid-19 crisis has led to financial strife across the board in Italy’s top flight, with Inter’s owners Suning reportedly seeking new investors to help reduce expenses.

    Marotta told Corriere della Sera the Italian football system was reaching breaking point, hinting that the league needed to introduce a collective reduction in player salaries.

    “Labour costs are a huge weight on clubs’ finances at the moment,” he said.

    “With match-day revenue gone and reduced financial support from clubs’ sponsors, clubs are having to use 65% of their annual turnover to pay their players.

    “This would lead to numerous defaults in any business industry.

    “We need to study ways to contain our financial losses, the league and the federation will have to work together on this.

    “The problem exists across Europe: the financial recession is borne out, unsurprisingly, by the lack of activity in the January transfer window so far.”

    Many clubs in Serie A are concerned they cannot afford to keep paying their players their wages as per the contracts that were signed in a pre-Covid-19 world.

    CdS reported that the Lega Serie A, the body which represents all 20 Serie A clubs, are planning to ask the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) to delay the last deadline for clubs to pay wages due in November-December 2020, which is currently set at 16 February.

    The league is also hoping the Italian government will provide some kind of financial support package to help clubs through the crisis, but cooperation so far is said to have been ‘non-existent’.
    #CONTEOUT


    "When I had just become President, I went to Austria for our match. On the stadium billboard it was written: 'Inter Milan'. I went to report to the manager of the opposing team that it was enough to leave Inter. So they canceled Milan "

    Massimo Moratti

  13. Thanks (1): MVD

  14. #1589
    CafeCordoba's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 04
    Posts
    26,857
    Thanked
    18,781 times
    Fav. Player
    Lautaro

    Finland

    39 10 years of FIF
    He's right.

    Covid really fucked us. Had we known we would have never gone for Eriksen.

  15. #1590

    Join Date
    27 May 12
    Posts
    5,032
    Thanked
    3,150 times
    Fav. Player
    000000

    Albania

    Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    Marotta agreed to many of the salaries he is complaining about. How is Covid to blame for bringing Conte, Vidal, Kolarov, Young, and Erikssen?
    Last edited by Palacio; 09 Jan 21 at 11:34.

  16. Thanks (3): dynasty27, Il Drago, MVD

  17. #1591
    CafeCordoba's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 04
    Posts
    26,857
    Thanked
    18,781 times
    Fav. Player
    Lautaro

    Finland

    39 10 years of FIF
    We brought some of them before covid.

    That's a good question how the club agree the salaries of Vidal, Kolarov and Sanchez to be added in last autumn despite everything looking so doom and gloom regarding the future.

    Anyway the point what Marotta is saying is football world is fucked because of Covid. There's less revenues for all clubs. Less revenues means less money. We need that money to pay salaries. Of course salaries need to be cut. Why would footballers be excluded from the financial hit by covid?

  18. Thanks (1): Bergpavian

  19. #1592

    Join Date
    18 Dec 09
    Posts
    284
    Thanked
    134 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    Egypt

    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Why would footballers be excluded from the financial hit by covid?
    Agree. JuBe did that to their players last season (source), not sure why Inter hasn't done the same knowing the financial effects due to COVID.
    It's an asshole move I know, but we're not living in meritocratic world.

  20. #1593
    forzainter257's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Mar 18
    Posts
    3,118
    Thanked
    5,039 times
    Fav. Player
    Lautaro

    Kazakhstan

    at least salaries should be reduced proportionally to the ticket profit they would make if there wasn't covid

  21. Thanks (1): MVD

  22. #1594
    CafeCordoba's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 04
    Posts
    26,857
    Thanked
    18,781 times
    Fav. Player
    Lautaro

    Finland

    39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramdac View Post
    Agree. JuBe did that to their players last season (source), not sure why Inter hasn't done the same knowing the financial effects due to COVID.
    It's an asshole move I know, but we're not living in meritocratic world.
    In a sense we have done it this season since we have salaries worth of 3 months not paid at the moment.

  23. #1595
    Kramerica Industries's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Apr 18
    Posts
    1,780
    Thanked
    2,704 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    United States

    Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    He's right.

    Covid really fucked us. Had we known we would have never gone for Eriksen.
    Well, in the obvious interest of fairness, while COVID existed by January 2020, obviously nobody ever expected it to become what it eventually morphed into (and, apparently, is morphing still). Just some really unfortunate timing.

  24. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

  25. #1596

    Join Date
    18 Dec 09
    Posts
    284
    Thanked
    134 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    Egypt

    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    In a sense we have done it this season since we have salaries worth of 3 months not paid at the moment.
    Possibly, but they're still an obligation that needs to be payed by the club, no? AFAIK in JuBe's case it was a mutual agreement between the club and the players, so the club won't pay them back when the crisis is over.

  26. #1597
    CafeCordoba's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 04
    Posts
    26,857
    Thanked
    18,781 times
    Fav. Player
    Lautaro

    Finland

    39 10 years of FIF
    Of course. It was a bit of a joke. They need to find a solution to this acute cash crisis which we apparently have at the moment.

  27. Thanks (1): Ramdac

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •