Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Beppe Marotta

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    From Inter fans' FB page:

Today there is confusion on the market to come.
    Sources close to the CEO describe him as nervous, finding himself alone to manage the Icardi mess.
    Many of his proposals, for the change of the corporate structure, were rejected by the property.
    All the market names that can be obtained are not of the CEO. That in his head has a precise plan.
    The sale of Icardi and Perisic, the reconfirmation of Keita and Politano, with Jovic first goal, plus a second striker like Dybala.
    Also the arrival of Pecini, with whom Marotta had found an agreement for the post Ausilio, was blocked by the property, which would be distant and which sees Steven show little personality in the management of the club.
    High voltage, Marotta is not satisfied.
    Fuck it if it's true. Last thing we need is having CEO who was initially invited to oversee the transformation of Inter from also-ran to top club having restricted opportunities to do anything decent.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicate View Post
    From Inter fans' FB page:

Fuck it if it's true. Last thing we need is having CEO who was initially invited to oversee the transformation of Inter from also-ran to top club having restricted opportunities to do anything decent.
    If these rumours are true, then it's Sabatini all over again.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    If these rumours are true, then it's Sabatini all over again.
    It's a lot cheaper to change ceos than to sign quality players.

4. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF
    And if this is true, it's gonna show what Suning is really about, which is launder as much money as possible, with no fucks given about investing or winning, and that there's BIG fucking dysfunction within the organization.
    Fuck me what have we become is this happens to be true. Big freaking circus with no care for fans or the club.

6. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

I'm beginning to suspect Zhang senior is the kind of guy who thinks he always knows better. Although I also have a feeling it's not just him, but an average trait of Chinese culture.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Well, he surely knows some things about this life, since he've built 60 billion USD worth empire starting from scratch (air conditioners shops in Nanjing) but I would be much happier if he delegated all the matters to Antonello&Marotta rather than asking Steven to be in charge.

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

10. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Really don't give a fuck what Suning has done before. One thing he hasn't done is run a football club in Europe. His contract actions indeed point to him really not giving a fuck about sporting success.

12. Thanks (1): Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Yeah. Same here. I don't care if papers say constantly how Zhang can buy whole PSG squad, or how rich he is. What matters are actions, not words. And this summer will show clearly, whether they just spoke nice words since they took over Inter, or whether they meant it. Cause if they buy De Paul, Zapata and Barella and they will try to convince us how huge our mercato was and how "Inter is coming" somebody should slap them silly.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Children, what do you expected to say?
    "Next year, we are free from FFP and are going to invest massively, in 2 years we want to catch Juve!". You could imagine the asking price for our targets would be higher! Maybe in the end it wouldn't make a huge difference, but is better to claim yourself a "povero" and not a reckless spender!

We will see at the end of mercato, how much Suning intend to invest!

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Marotta: 'Diplomacy key with Icardi'
    By Football Italia staff

Inter director Giuseppe Marotta used “diplomacy” to resolve the Mauro Icardi saga, but won’t reveal why the captaincy was removed. “There are some dynamics that cannot be made public.”

The striker returned to training this week, not having played since he was stripped of the captaincy on February 13 and immediately afterwards felt pain in his knee.

After intensive negotiations with agent Wanda Nara and a lawyer, Icardi finally agreed to resume training with the rest of the squad.

“I was nicknamed Kissinger by my first President Colantuoni. I am known for my diplomacy, resolving issues with leadership,” Marotta told reporters at the Il Foglio a San Siro event.

“In this case, I tried to calm the tensions in the interest of everyone.”

It has never been clarified what prompted the decision to revoke Icardi’s captaincy and hand it to Samir Handanovic instead.

“In a club, there are some dynamics that cannot be made public. The decisions must be made with a sense of responsibility. We didn’t want to punish anyone, that’s just a fact. We reached that point because our job within the club is to protect the Coach with the objective of respecting the ‘community’ of the squad. I am not talking about the Icardi issue.

“If you want to step out there on to the field and deliver, you need a team spirit. One of the most important objectives of a club and Coach is to respect that.”

- - - Updated - - -

Marotta: 'Wish Juve end was different'
    By Football Italia staff

Beppe Marotta denied trying to block Cristiano Ronaldo’s move to Juventus, but expected his departure to be “different” and defended his move to Inter.

The former Bianconeri director general was surprisingly let go by the Turin giants and a few months later took on the role of CEO at their bitter rivals.

This prompted Pavel Nedved to claim Marotta was “never a Juventino” even during his years with the Old Lady.

“I was born in Varese and if I am in football today, it’s because I support Varese,” replied Marotta during Il Foglio a San Siro event.

“Living close to the stadium in Varese, and acting as a mascot from the age of six, I fell in love with football. It is a profession for me.

“Pavel’s comment, considering he came to Juve from Lazio, was a spontaneous moment and we have had the opportunity since then to clear the air. You cannot expect a director of sport to be a passionate supporter of any one club. I cheer on Varese.”

There were reports of further tension within the Juventus camp, such as suggestions Marotta was against the purchase of Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid for over €100m.

“That is a false story. Clearly, as general manager, we didn’t have the means to sustain such a move. We presented Plan A and Plan B to President Andrea Agnelli, who with great intelligence said we could make it work. It was a show of courage from the investors and the decision was simply not up to me.

“I certainly didn’t oppose the transfer, either. I had some time to get to know him, Ronaldo is a great champion who sets the example for those around him.”

Inter have a tendency to go through Coaches and directors at an alarming rate, so is Marotta concerned he’ll be out the door tomorrow?

“I had expected my future to be different in Turin, then what happened, happened. As life is a wonderful challenge, joy is achieved by hitting targets. I have a target with Inter, which is to get the Nerazzurri winning again.

“If we haven’t been able to do that in recent years, evidently there were some problems to deal with. There have been three different owners, unlike the decades under the same family for Juventus.

“The club is very strong, though, and the Suning group are eager to reach new heights. That means not only in terms of the balance sheet, but also in results.”

Among the projects put forward by Suning is the idea of building a new stadium or restructuring San Siro.

“The stadium is a container of emotions. Everyone talks about structures, but football is about putting on a show,” continued Marotta.

“The arena must feel as if it is a home. In Italy, we are struggling in our infrastructure not just with stadiums, but also training centres. We have the best quality players, Coaches, referees and directors, but the infrastructure is not up to scratch.”
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

16. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, rfU, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Him and Spallo are made for each other. Love to talk (hear themselves talk) and are experts in saying nothing while using a lot of words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    Him and Spallo are made for each other. Love to talk (hear themselves talk) and are experts in saying nothing while using a lot of words.
    He actually says that management has decided to support Spalletti in his decisions. It's important sign to the players, who were used being in charge last seasons and changing the coaches as per their mood.

The only thing that's clear to me about this whole Icardi situation is that it was the only way forward for the club. So I give props to Marotta and Spalletti for that. We'd probably be in 5th or 6th right now hoping for a repeat of last season if they had let the locker room deteriorate further. At the end of the season, figure out who the coach will be, clear out anyone who doesn't want to continue, and be done with it.

20. Thanks (4): bjwam4, magnesium, rfU, vex

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Inter, Marotta speaks on Icardi, Dybala and more: "Conte is a winner, but we have faith in Spalletti. We are closing in on Godin"

Inter's CEO Beppe Marotta discussed many topics regarding the Nerazzurri current situation as well as the future plans, especially in the transfer market, in an interview with Radio Anch'io Sport on Rai Radio 1.

The former Juventus director began the talk analysing the first few months at Inter, after spending 8 years with the Bianconeri: "I would say that it was a bit difficult to settle in at the beginning, you need time to get to know a new environment and all the various aspects of a new club. But I have been doing this job for many years now and all of this is normal. I can bring experience to Inter, that is an important asset in football, which is characterised by many difficulties. Juventus? They can be Serie A's leader for many years in the future, they are different in many ways from the other clubs. They carry on a winning model, not only for their financial or sporting results, and they can be considered as a role model for clubs".

Marotta was then asked about the Bianconeri clash against Ajax and Inter objectives for the current season: "Ajax are an unpredictable team, but Juve have what it takes to go through to the next round. Inter are on par with the goals we had set at the beginning. We are in third spot, last year we were fifth. So, the coach is on course with reaching our main goal. It's only right that we have faith in Spalletti, he proved he can get important results. Conte? The rumors about him comes from the fact that he is on the market and that he is a winner. He showed some great things with the clubs he has worked with, so it's just normal that he is linked with many clubs. But I want to highlight how Spalletti moulded this team and how the team is steadily improving".

Finally, Marotta discussed on the plans for the upcoming summer transfer window: "It's difficult to give a percentage for Icardi staying at the club. Mauro is gaining a great professional experience. He is an important asset for the club and he has still two years left on his contract. He is one fo the best striker around and we will make our evaluations on him at the right time, also taking into account the player's desire. A swap with Dybala? I already underlined Icardi's value, but I think Dybala is also a very good player. I like his qualities on the pitch but also as a person and I want to also underline how the difference-maker is the person, not only the player. He is a professional, like Icardi. At the moment we are in talks with Godin and we settling the details with him, our goals is to bring in players that can influence the team in a positive way, also taking into account the limitations of the Financial Fair Play".
    https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/inte...ng-in-on-godin
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

22. Thanks (1): Delicate

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Reading between the lines-surely it means that Dybala-Icardi swap is on the cards and more than possible.

Even though it's purely PC talk, I am sick of everyone from our management starting from Paolillo and 2011 always mentioning FFP in their interviews.

Continuous praises of Conte and lack of confirming Spaletti as our coach for coming years also probably mean that Spaletti's days are numbered.
    Last edited by Delicate; 15 Apr 19 at 10:04.

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

24. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicate View Post
    Reading between the lines-surely it means that Dybala-Icardi swap is on the stake and more than possible.

Even though it's purely PC talk, I am sick of everyone from our management starting from Paolillo and 2011 always mentioning FFP in their interviews.

Continuous praises of Conte and lack of confirming Spaletti as our coach for coming years also probably mean that Spaletti's days are numbered.
    Tranlation of Marotta's words about Spalletti and summer transfer market on other sites are a bit more reassuring:

“Luciano Spalletti is our Coach on full merit. He has another two years on his contract and Inter are hitting their goals – the Coach is also certainly not a beginning in this profession. We need to place our faith in him because he’s achieving the results that we expected.”
    “The Zhang family wants to improve year on year. We must support the squad with elements of quality and a winning mentality, as we are looking to do with Godin. We must find players that can have a positive impact and also help those here to grow.”
    I believe Spalletti will stay if we finish third mostly because of the compensation Suning would have to pay for him and his staff. Else, we'll go for Conte. A potential Icardi-Dybala swap certainly seems to be on the cards.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    The only thing I got from that was the "role model" that we are following... I have the tree, someone bring me the rope please.

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Well, put it this way: he is pointing to HIMSELF, rather than simply to rubentus, as he was their CEO for many years.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    Well, put it this way: he is pointing to HIMSELF, rather than simply to rubentus, as he was their CEO for many years.
    No, he's clearly not. Unless the translation is way off, didn't see the original comment.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

Let's not be childish and make a big deal out of this. We all hate Juve but they are where they are because their management were making the right moves when other managements in Serie A were sleeping; like making their own stadium. If other clubs want to grow and be at the top they need to wake up and start taking the right decisions.