Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Beppe Marotta

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    What’s up with this skepticism? This guy is a businessman, he can care less for juve, or Inter, those guys have no loyalty to nothing expect where they making the more money. I’m not a bit worried about his juve past, it’s what he’s gonna do from now on, that I’d judge him.
    And it doesn’t look like we’ve been doing good last several years with whatever approach our management had, so im fine going in different route with someone different and lots of experience.
    Welcome and good luck.

2. Thanks (3): kameru, militoscores, zodd

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Just wanted to point out my disapproval.

4. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Well, he was right.
    If i remember correctly, Guarin was already in Torino, preparing for medical, when our fans started protesting at Inter headquarters not to do this swap with rubentus.
    Only after the protest, Thohir was forced to change his mind.
    Correct me if i'm wrong.
    We all know this. It doesn't change the fact that he joined us at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Russian Federation

he is a sexy beast and will deliver us some trophy
    Inter Banter era 2011-

InterHypeTrain=Suning-Marotta-Conte-Lazaro-Sensi

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    so he gonna play trequartista role now?! what number he gonna get?!

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Before we judge his loyalty.. he needs to answer the 1 million dollars question.

"How many scudetto does Juventus have?"

Only by answering this question, we can see his true colour.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Europe

28 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    We all know this. It doesn't change the fact that he joined us at the end.
    Money talks.

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    D.Milito

Somalia

Next summer, Higauin, Khedira and SMS will be our first signings

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    Can we beg to FIFA to convert , lets say 30 crosses per game into 1 goal?

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Before we judge his loyalty.. he needs to answer the 1 million dollars question.

"How many scudetto does Juventus have?"

Only by answering this question, we can see his true colour.
    If Moratti was in charge I bet he would ask him that question LIVE!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

16. Thanks (3): Linege, MVD, n4l

Fav. Player
    Škriniar

Italy

I honestly don't give a damn about his juve past or his opinion on Calciopoli. After all, I'm pretty sure that you can get every prostitute to swear that she loves you for the right amount of money.

All I care is that he's been brought here to do a job that none of those who have been pulling the strings at Inter in the last years seems capable of doing, which is running a football club. Antonello is more a business man, Zanetti acts as a link between the board and the team and Pierino Ausilio is good at haggling and can pull good deals (considering the constraints imposed by FFP, and all the other shit hindering our improvement), but often seems to miss the bigger picture (our midfield is still inadequate both in terms of general quality and depth, we literally don't have anyone in the bench to cover for Brozovic and Nainggolan, etc...).

Like it or not, Marotta proved himself to be a competent manager, not only in his long and (unfortunately) highly successuful spell at juve, but also at Sampdoria (reached CL with a team that got relegated as soon as he left) and everywhere he's been before. So I'm more than willing to give him a chance, hoping that he may help us grow as a team and, above all, as a club. Sure it will be weird having him on this side of the fence, but this is it.

Found a pic on the internet that sums it all up perfectly.

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Russian Federation

Marotta draws up a dream Inter
    Hat-trick
    Modric the big coup (Kroos the alternative), then Barella (or Chiesa) with Conte on the bench
    here we go again
    Inter Banter era 2011-

InterHypeTrain=Suning-Marotta-Conte-Lazaro-Sensi

Fav. Player
    MS37, SH1, MB77

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Linege View Post
    here we go again
    Give me Havertz, Thauvin, Andersen

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Ireland

In spite of his Juventus past, the way we should look at it is that we took one of their best assets from them, which is a big win in my book. Time will tell what his contribution to the club is going to be but let's back him to help drive the club forward.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo L.N.D.L

Albania

Pin this post at the top. Notice the style of transfers.

24. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    FCIM1908

Bulgaria

I did not follow much the situation around Marotta and one thing i cannot understand.

Why did he leave Juventus? I mean - you work for the best team in Italy at the moment, you have money for quality players...

Inter offers him bigger salary? Or he is in a conflict with someone in Juventus?
    non mollare mai

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Apparently juve did not offer him a new contract as they want to move forward with younger directors like Nedved and Paratici who have a less traditional and 'more modern' approach. Marotta was reportedly against the Cristiano transfer and Bonucci/Higuain/Caldara swap.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

27. Thanks (3): Campione, Devious, thatdude

Bosnia Herzegovina

Agnelli didn't want to offer him new contract which expired on 20th October because he decided that Marotta didn't more capable to do in "new" Juventus which want to spend much more money (he was against signing ronaldo). Marotta wanted to work like he did before, seriously without much spending where would every euro thoroughly checked and analyzed, unlike his earlier deputy Paratici who is new general director and who is most entertaining for arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo. Marotta didn' t want to leave Juventus but he had to leave althought it did not his decision, because he scored as "narrow throat" and weakest link in Agnelli's "new" Juventus.

29. Thanks (1): Campione

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Juve wants fresh blood, Juve is aiming (in sporting sense) at Bayern, in financial sense at ManU. They want younger manager. Plus, allegedly, he was against Ronaldo's transfer as it wasn't financially sustainable unless they win two CL in a row cause it's 100 mln amortised for number of years of contract plus 60mln euro gross salary every year which is huge for a club with 40k stadium capacity and the title sponsor paying 25+ mln a year (compare with the likes of Rakuten paying 60-80 or whatever they pay to Barca).

I also heard that he was more faithful to John Elkann. In the internal fight between two relatives for influence and power in Juve (I think Agnelli is second uncle to John Elkann, IIRC. Or probably there isn't such an expression as "second uncle" in English, I guess it should be "cousin once removed) Elkann is the main guy in EXOR and heir of Agnelli family, but Andrea wants to be a top dog at Juve. So maybe that's also the case of Marotta being removed from managerial position.

They also think about executing that final leap to the Europe's absolute best, so 60+years old manager is viewed as redundant and obsolete and his skills at transfer market aren't important now, after all, Real or Barca don't need Bosman transfers to be successful, they need transfers of players who can add that missing piece in puzzle, they are willing to pay, not save costs.

For us, though, his skills will be indispensable (in this transition period). He never splashed 30+ million on useless players (like Joao Modric and Gabigol, Kondogbia to the lesser extent). Costa, Pjanic,Alex Sandro, Dybala were all very successful transfers, his Bosman transfers were awesome too.

When we will be (and we will, I promise u guys) much stronger financially with the new stadium and will afford purchasing absolute superstars of nowadays' CR7 statute Marotta won't be needed. But for now if he will pull off same stuff he pulled off before all these years we can become second force in Italy in a year, maximum 2. We have a core of the team now, we need a few players aged 24-27 to become backbone of a team for 4-5 years, those new Sandros and Dybalas. Not useless pricks like Candreva, JM and so on. Hope he can help us lure those kinds of players.

What will also help is that we are much stronger financially than Juve of 2010/11. He had to buy Vucinics and Matris for less than 20mln cause they couldn't buy Aguero for 50. At least us have strong support from Chinese sponsors which ensures that we don't need to buy fodder type of players for 15 mln just for the sake of quantity.
    Last edited by Delicate; 14 Dec 18 at 06:17.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.