Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2128293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Beppe Marotta

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I want that to be the truth, that speculation. Because we don't even do anything with Marotta if he isn't allowed to do his job.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    If he wants to bring Conte and failing to achieve that costs him his job, then good riddance.

3. Thanks (3): M.Adnan, n4l, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    This notion that Marotta needs 100% authority to "do his job" is nonsense....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

5. Thanks (1): _OC_

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    The only thing I got from that was the "role model" that we are following... I have the tree, someone bring me the rope please.
    I'll bring the axe

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Danilo The God

PNG

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Yet people will still keep riding Suning's dick.

They're shit owners that are simply rich.

There is absolutely something behind these rumors. It fits well in line with what Suning have always done since they have been owners of Inter.

9. Thanks (2): Devious, Linege

Greece

Watch him try to sell Icardi for Higuain, who still happens to be a Juventus player and Chelsea probably cannot pull the trigger due to the transfer ban.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    Well the Chinese always are people who have their pace and ways of doing things no matter what others suggest. This is seen even in the corporate circle. Decision making is done in the long run but they always are made slowly.
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Inter CEO Beppe Marotta: “We Will Surely Continue With Spalletti”

Inter CEO Beppe Marotta stopped by Italian broadcaster Dazn to share his thoughts going into tonight’s Serie A clash against Udinese, away at the Dacia Arena.

The former Juventus director was asked about how Inter will approach the match against Udinese, underlining that the team is fully focused on the task at hand.

“We are concentrated on the end of the season which is important for the club, so therefore we are fully focused on today’s match.”

Marotta was once again asked about the future of Luciano Spalletti at the club amidst rumors claiming that Inter are preparing to sack him after the season, but the Inter CEO repeated what he has said thus far when asked about this issue.

“We have a great relationship with Spalletti, without any friction whatsoever. We need to bring this ship home into harbor as soon as possible, then we will analyze and program the future surely together with him.”
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

13. Thanks (3): MVD, thatdude, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    “We have a great relationship with Spalletti, without any friction whatsoever. We need to bring this ship home into harbor as soon as possible, then we will analyze and program the future surely together with him.”
    Translation: We have cleared things out with Spalletti, now he is saying what he should. We need to qualifty to UCL ASAP so we can plan the transfer market, then we will analyze how much he fucked up and program the future surely together with him (golden handshake).

Every media outlet out there reports Marotta wants to bring in Conte. Does anyone expect him to come out at this point and say "Luciano is gonna get fired no matter where we finish"?!

#RiPrendiRafinha + #PrendiNicolòBarella

NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

15. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, Demokritos

Greece

Get rid of him before he causes damage with his Conte & Allegri fetish.

The club needs to be run by former players and Interisti. Just look at Bayern, how Ajax returned to prominence with this change, how Inter changed with Facchetti in charge...

The Chinese have been extremely stupid in their decision making thus far. Trusting Kia, thinking that emulating Juventus at a superficial level is a sound plan and not addressing the roster issues. This Marotta hiring will haunt us for years if he ends up hiring fucking Conte.

17. Thanks (1): _OC_

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Have you seen China's knock-off copycat cars which look the same as Range Rover or Mercedes's G-class?

The Chinese will never be ashamed of copying other countries/people/societies best practices/strategies/approaches. They saw those 7 straight scudetti of Juventus, they hired Marotta thinking he can bring the same to Inter. We will continue emulating Juventus and you can forget about any renowned Interisti being the top managers of Inter. Zanetti was promoted to his meaningless position by Thohir, he is the only Interista who de-jure is one of Inter's top managers, in the reality though his position is nothing more than a sinecure.

It's not that Chinese were stupid or anything like that. It's just how they are, they always try to copy from the best/strongest and never feel any guilt about that.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Nothing wrong with copying successful and well functioning/liked products. Entirely another thing to copy degrading and corrupt models in sports. Should we start buying refs as well, worked brilliantly last time I checked...
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Marotta won't comment on Conte talk

Inter director Beppe Marotta refused to comment on the growing Antonio Conte rumours, ignoring reporters as he left a Lega Serie A meeting.

The reports continue to pile up that Conte is close to the Nerazzurri job, where he would replace Luciano Spalletti.

Marotta has so far been very vocal in assuring Spalletti is going nowhere, but was not so eager to repeat those claims today.

He was chased down the road by reporters after leaving the Lega Serie A meeting, but Marotta refused to give any comment when asked about Conte.

The former Italy and Chelsea boss has also been linked with a return to Juventus, while he ruled out Roma.

It was Marotta who first brought Conte to Juventus as their Coach, beginning what is to date a run of eight consecutive Serie A titles.

#RiPrendiRafinha + #PrendiNicolòBarella

NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Silence from Marotta pretty much confirms Conte is going to be our next coach.
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

23. Thanks (3): A.l.i, MVD, thatdude

Greece

My issue thus far with Marotta is that he's brought more trouble than stability. Sure, we knew he wanted to keep the coach until the end of the season, but we also knew that he wanted to get rid of him.

Ever since he came here:
    - PSV happened. Not his fault, but terrible coincidence.
    - Nainggolan started misbehaving in an exaggerating manner.
    - Icardi and Spalletti developed a feud.
    - Icardi and Nainggolan developed a feud, fought each other in the locker room and then sort of got along.
    - Icardi and Perisic took it to the next level.
    - Wanda became a tiki taka host and caused an even bigger mess in the locker room.
    - We made zero progress in the first mercato he had available, not that I fully blame him, but all we did was get Cedric to replace an injured Vrsaljko. Last winter we ended up with a good player in Rafinha for example and I'm pretty sure we had options this summer.
    - Did not manage to sell anyone either, especially Perisic who was becoming problematic, which created a domino effect with the Icardi saga after the window ended.
    - He wants to bring Antonio Conte which is causing discontent inside the club.
    - He had a feud with Spalletti (which is very badly hidden).
    - He had a feud with Ausilio during the mercato, since Ausilio wanted to make moves (change coach, sell players, sign someone) whilst Marotta didn't.

Surely it's very early to comment on any progress that needed to be made and impact, but the first signs aren't really positive.
    From an outside view, the whole squad seems to have crumbled ever since he came and the only thing that keeps us alive is the fact that everyone else sucks too.

25. Thanks (1): _OC_

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Half of that shit came to light, I think, precisely cause Marotta did something about it. Would've happened with or without him but we know for sure that he bitchslapped all of Icardi, Perisic and Nainggolan. Radja was fined and he began training like he was supposed to, Icardi was demoted, it was explained to Perisic that he's still our player and he can leave only if certain criteria was met. If Marotta wasn't here probably we'd never know what the hell is going on in the team, maybe we'd be struggling to get to EL places because the team imploded ten gameweeks ago.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

Italy

one thing we should never forget: zhang senior and for the most part his son know nothing about football. maybe steven is starting to get something about the rivalries, but probably not that much yet and he's not the shot caller anyway.

so both marotta and conte make perfect sense, under zhang's point of view.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    My issue thus far with Marotta is that he's brought more trouble than stability. Sure, we knew he wanted to keep the coach until the end of the season, but we also knew that he wanted to get rid of him.

Ever since he came here:
    - PSV happened. Not his fault, but terrible coincidence.
    - Nainggolan started misbehaving in an exaggerating manner.
    - Icardi and Spalletti developed a feud.
    - Icardi and Nainggolan developed a feud, fought each other in the locker room and then sort of got along.
    - Icardi and Perisic took it to the next level.
    - Wanda became a tiki taka host and caused an even bigger mess in the locker room.
    - We made zero progress in the first mercato he had available, not that I fully blame him, but all we did was get Cedric to replace an injured Vrsaljko. Last winter we ended up with a good player in Rafinha for example and I'm pretty sure we had options this summer.
    - Did not manage to sell anyone either, especially Perisic who was becoming problematic, which created a domino effect with the Icardi saga after the window ended.
    - He wants to bring Antonio Conte which is causing discontent inside the club.
    - He had a feud with Spalletti (which is very badly hidden).
    - He had a feud with Ausilio during the mercato, since Ausilio wanted to make moves (change coach, sell players, sign someone) whilst Marotta didn't.

Surely it's very early to comment on any progress that needed to be made and impact, but the first signs aren't really positive.
    From an outside view, the whole squad seems to have crumbled ever since he came and the only thing that keeps us alive is the fact that everyone else sucks too.
    Actually Radja improved since then. He started contributing more in January/February after his injury. The Icardi/Perisic/Brozovic issues go back to last year and we had a terrible run of form when those came to light last season as well.

Also, most teams probably know that Inter will never take up the option to get their players like Rafinha/Cancelo, so may be less likely to deal with Inter. Like you said, PSV match has to do with Spaletti's cowardice, nothing to do with Marotta, so not sure why you're even bringing that up.

This squad crumbled last year as well so it's obviously an issue with the harmony in the team and nothing to do with Marotta. Last year we also made it because everyone else sucked. We even lost at home to Sassuolo last year.

Greece

I didn't mention this now but I had in the past when it happened.

Marotta essentially created the disharmony in the locker room. He created a group of expendables and a group of uncertainties. You can argue that there were factions already, but what Marotta orchestrated those days really created a violent tension that was unprecedented in our team. It was not the right time and definitely not the right group of people to treat that way.

I did not see him trying to fix a situation or try to appease it. I did agree with his purge list, but it wasn't something that should have leaked to players, agents and journalists.

That is when the shit really hit the fan and that was right after thr Napoli game. Sure we had a bad spell, but please tell me how our squad and overall morale was ever since the turn of the year.

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    We are still third. And post hoc ergo propter hoc is a typical logical fallacy.

Last year when there was no Marotta,no sign of Conte coming to Inter, no other ex-Rube players or managers here and genius Spallo had the luxury not to spend precious energy at eurocups we still had to rely on Walter freaking Zenga to give us an outside chance to qualify for CL. And that's with superfriendly atmosphere in the locker room.

Not defending Marotta, but I'll never cut pricks like Nainggolan or Icardi duo any slack. They misbehaved because they are pricks not because Marotta came onboard.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.