Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 135360616263
Results 1,241 to 1,257 of 1257

Thread: Beppe Marotta

Europe

Ok, now I can say it. Marotta you handled this Icardi case badly.

All we could do was just to loan Nainggolan (worth 25 million), Perisic (30 million) and Icardi (90 million).

I hope this was worth it and we can have a good locker room. If not this was one of the worst summer market.

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by b4h4mooth View Post
    Hire Conte, Buying italian players sensi, biraghi,barella, throw rubbish and ego attitude player( Joao,dalbert, Perisic, Nainggolan), Won battle againts paratici (Lukaku),made Manu pay Sanchez salary, won against icardi and wanda, give him Oscar already.
    Sorry, I still think the only really good moves were Conte (whom I don't like but that has nothing to do with his appointment being a success for Inter) and the Sanchez loan. That's why I consider our mercato good, but not great.

Every other deal in this summer was okay. F. e.: I think we overpaid for Lazaro, Godin earns too much, Barella was a fair deal and nothing more, Lukaku wasn't wanted at United and we still paid 75m (yeah, yeah ... with bonuses) etc. All good players, yes. But good deals? No.

On the other hand: I'm afraid that JM, Dalbert and Perisic will be back next year and that Nainggolan deal ... He showed balls while dealing with our troublemakers, but he reminds me of a teacher who's that strict that the situation escalates.

3. Thanks (1): wera

Macedonia

In the end the end of the season will show everything. I still see myself in the stadium celebrating like a mad man after a perfect Asamoah cross and an Icardi beauty against Tottenham, just thinking that this team has grinta and the will to win written over them… and then fast Forward 6-7 months we're an absolute mess.
    To me it would be a successful season if we were not that "pazza", and if we didn't implode starting from January.

At the Moment though my personal Feeling is that we are in for a good season, as we have strenghtened accordingly to the coaches System (no random buys), a big amount of Player considered not good enough or a disturbing factor left the club (even though the most on a temporary), and we have landed some real bargains with Sanchez, Sensi, and Godin (I don't consider him to earn too much, as he is the most proven Player in our Squad).

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Russian Federation

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    How did we "win" against Icardi? We sent him on a loan to PSG. If anyone won it's him Just like Perisic. Both went to better teams, just inferior leagues. They still have more exposure and CL chances than us.
    bundes isnt inferior to serie a, bundes is 3rd in ranking, this year they still got all 7 teams in the running and serie a got 6 out of 7

both icardi and perisic won,

both playing for better teams, both teams can win CL, more people watching bayern and psg in CL then inter too

icardi got his pay rise and is happy. for both inter is/was just a stepping stone
    Inter Banter era 2011-

InterHypeTrain=Suning-Marotta-Conte-Lazaro-Sensi

Fav. Player
    JC7;MS37;YK17

Hungary

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    I am already looking forward to the summer of 2020 when all these legends return for pre-season
    or in an ideal world every options will be taken and we will have how much? 130-150 million from deadwood? icardi 70, barbosa 18, JM 18, perisic 20?, dalbert? naingolan?

+a normal 100 million. SMS & co loading....

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    We won because we have sent them away.

Dr. Marotta

8. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Linege, n4l

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    How did we "win" against Icardi? We sent him on a loan to PSG. If anyone won it's him Just like Perisic. Both went to better teams, just inferior leagues. They still have more exposure and CL chances than us.
    Lol, yeah, let's drag our team through shit just to prove a point. PSG being a "better" team? It's a team of mercenaries, just like Icardi that won't win jack shit where it matters.

Last time we won the CL, which wasn't that long ago, they were still a peasant club with two domestic titles. Their biggest European trophy is the Intertoto cup ffs. But yeah, guess you're one of the "plastic" fans that are all about "thanks" on forums and "exposure and CL chances"...
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Pretty good first full Mercato for Marotta. Considering all the useless deeadwood players we had, plus Icardi drama, I think he deserves credit. Plus next year with Icardi and Perisic clauses triggered, that’s $100 mil right there!
    Well done Don Beppe, well done!!

11. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, eduzee

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Russian Federation

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post

prepare for next year victory over skriniar
    Inter Banter era 2011-

InterHypeTrain=Suning-Marotta-Conte-Lazaro-Sensi

13. Thanks (1): _OC_

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Well done Don Beppe. Getting rid of the three cancers was first priority and you also managed to build a pretty decent squad. Ideally would have liked an extra wc mid.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Sweden

Marotta masterclass, thank god we have you.

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post

Imagine he had solved all our issues in ONE full Mercato?! We haven’t had a competence like that around here in a while!
    We’d become schizophrenic from the sudden success.
    We’d have a Ricky Bobby moment, with “ I don’t know what to do with my hands” body shock moment.
    After so many years of being a joke and banter of a team, we inter fans are not ready for sudden greatness.
    Don Beppe is trying to ease us in into bright successful future.

17. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    A lot more than this level, really.

If you look at our two starting XIs this season, we've had Lukaku, Sensi as the changes in our line up

In the 09-10 season we had Milito, Eto'o, Motta, Sneijder and Lucio start as a change to the line up
    Our two starting XIs are not a good indication. Under Mourinho we integrated everyone soon and had no injuries.

Our starting lineup will have the following new faces: Lukaku, Godin, Lazaro, Barella, Sensi, Sanchez. Potentially Biraghi as well.

That is 6 new players. Sure, you can argue that Sanchez may not be a starter but he came to be a starter. So did Barella.

It's best to see how much the players participated during the season, not what your idea of the "lineup" is. Lineups change almost twice a week.

Our 2017-18 season also featured many new faces:
    Skriniar, Vecino, Valero, Cancelo and actually Dalbert came to be a starter as well.

Our 2008-09 season was a weird one as we had a thin roster and made lots of changes in the middle of the season.
    But for example our top 14 participants were:Zanetti, Zlatan, Julio Cesar, Cambiasso, Maicon, Cordoba, Muntari, Stankovic, Maxwell, Chivu, Balotelli, Samuel, Burdisso, Santon [Adriano was the next guy and would have been higher there if he didn't leave in December]

2009-10 it became:
    Zanetti, Julio Cesar, Maicon, Lucio, Milito, Eto'o, Cambiasso, Samuel, Sneijder, Stankovic, Motta, Chivu, Balotelli, Muntari.

So in essence, 5 players were changed from the main rotation. I think the 2010 guys played more minutes on average as well.

A comparison with the Spalletti 'overhaul':
    2016-17:
    Handanovic, Candreva, Icardi, D'Ambrosio, Miranda, Perisic, Murillo, Medel, Joao Mario, Brozovic, Eder, Kondogbia, Banega, Ansaldi

2017-18:
    Skriniar, Handanovic, Perisic, Icardi, D'Ambrosio, Miranda, Candreva, Valero, Vecino, Gagliardini, Cancelo, Brozovic, Rafinha, Nagatomo

We have 7 different higher participants here for example. Sure,Gagliardini came halfway into the season of 2017 so it's a bit unfair for comparison reasons (he was next after Ansaldi) to include him here.

Would you call Spalletti's first mercato an overhaul? Probably not. But his second one was also considered one with big changes (De Vrij, Asamoah, Dalbert, Lautaro etc)

Now, for future reference and comparison with the 2019-20 season, here is last season's top 14 participants:
    Handanovic, Skriniar, Perisic, Asamoah, Brozovic, Politano, D'Ambrosio, De Vrij, Icardi, Vecino, Nainggolan, Lautaro, Valero, Miranda

Only 4 of these have left and only Valero is definitely out of this category. From these guys only Politano is relegated to a backup role. D'Ambrosio, Vecino and Lautaro will be rotation options at the very least.

A heavier rotation will be in place so a proper comparison cannot be assumed from this simplistic view as minutes of people around the 14th and 20th will have a closer range than in other years.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

19. Thanks (1): William

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    If we kept Nainggolan I'd give our mercato a ten, I still hate that move.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

21. Thanks (2): Dylan, MVD

Fav. Player
    icardi

Netherlands

told ya guys

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    too soon...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

Japan

25. Thanks (2): MVD, nurko