Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1320212223

Thread: Serie A Calcio Mercato, Winter 2018-19

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    There are numerous questions being asked after Juventus sold Stefano Sturaro for €18m, making him the most expensive Genoa signing ever.

The statement from Juve on January 24 confirmed had loaned the midfielder to Genoa until June 2019 at a cost of €1.5m, with obligation to buy at certain conditions for €8.5m plus another possible €8m in various bonuses.

However, a new version was released today, stating that “following the achievement of the conditions provided by the contract, the obligation for the definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Stefano Sturaro by Genoa Cricket & Football Club S.p.A. became due for a consideration of € 16.5 million to be paid in four financial years.”

This makes Sturaro the most expensive ever signing by Genoa, who are the oldest professional football club in Italy, as €16.5m plus the €1.5m for the six-month loan takes the total cost to €18m.

It is also a profit of over €12m for Juventus.

It’s not clear what the ‘conditions provided by the contract’ were to suddenly activate the clause, as Sturaro has not played since August due to a torn Achilles tendon.

He was included in the Genoa squad against Empoli and Sassuolo, but remained on the bench.

According to Calciomercato.com, the conditions to turn the move from option to obligation were as simple as Genoa picking up their first point after his transfer.

At the same time, Juventus seem to have a similar deal in place with Genoa for the Turin giants to activate the loan into an obligation to buy for Luca Zanimacchia, who is currently playing for the Juventus Under-23 side in Serie C.

Genoa President Enrico Preziosi’s rather complex web of transfers over the years already raised eyebrows.

Exchanging players between clubs at vastly inflated prices is the reason Chievo started this season with a three-point penalty.

They had swapped several players with Cesena, who went bankrupt last summer.
    Do you really think anybody in Italy will investigate juBentus?!

It seems that paper with player`s names and values found on the restaurant table was indeed Paratici`s - He just confirmed it! I guess he had too much of wine that evening. For those who don`t know:

Juventus chief Fabio Paratici reportedly left transfer strategy notes in a restaurant, including Nicolò Zaniolo, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Federico Chiesa and Sandro Tonali.

In probably the strangest story to have hit the headlines in this January transfer window, Il Tempo newspaper claims director of sport Paratici was at a restaurant in a hotel in Milan this week and wrote down some notes.

He tore up the piece of paper and left, but someone nearby recognised him and put the pieces back together.

This included a list of names with figures next to them.

Roma teenage talent Zaniolo had €40m next to it, Brescia midfielder Tonali €20m, Genoa defender Cristian Romero €20m, Fiorentina star Chiesa €50m and RB Salzburg’s Dominik Szoboszlai €10m.

On another side of the paper was the name Miralem Pjanic next to Savic, implying for one to arrive from Lazio, the other would need to leave.
    Mattia Zannaro was also on that list, 18 year old trequartista

Fabio Paratici says Max Allegri and Paulo Dybala will stay at Juventus, Paul Pogba will not return and Matthijs de Ligt is being considered ‘with great care’.

In the second part of his interview with Gazzetta dello Sport on Tuesday, Paratici also backed Moise Kean to prove his worth at Juve, expressed doubts over Neymar and James Rodriguez, confirmed his interest in Cristian Romero and discussed Italian youth.

“That famous piece of paper I ripped up and threw into a bin was only one of many hundreds,” explained the Bianconeri sporting director.

“We were at a meeting with Genoa and we noted down some of the players we’d talked about.

“Last year we knew we were losing Buffon and Higuain. I told President Agnelli that there were two ways to motivate the team: buy Cristiano Ronaldo or Icardi and kick up an incredible storm...

“CR7 was a bargain, not just in a technical sense: on an economic level he’s already paid for himself.

“Marotta was never against his purchase. I’m disappointed that I’m no longer working with him after 15 years.

“Allegri’s one of the five best Coaches in the world. He’s a very intelligent man: of course he’ll stay.

“So will Dybala. Only those who want to leave Juventus will do so. Who can improve us? It’s hard to say, Messi perhaps. Even with Neymar I have doubts.

“James Rodriguez? He’s a great player but again, improving our squad is difficult.

“Kean is a great striker, worthy of playing for Juve: he’s one of those who will score in the Champions League and we’ll see playing in Europe for many more years.

“Will Pogba come back? No. In football you never know, but it’s very difficult. Ramsey will bolster our midfield in the summer and we’ll also sign a defender.

“We’re on the right track for Romero. De Ligt is also certainly one of the best young players around so we’re looking at him with great care.

Three good Italians I’d like? Zaniolo, Chiesa, Barella and Tonali. Tonali’s a super lad and he plays with sincerity and character, but no-one compares to Pirlo.

“Perhaps De Jong at Ajax, but he’s joining Barcelona. Szoboszlai is a young lad with potential, but he needs to find a team who will give him lots of playing time.

// today Salah was linked to juBentus in a transaction worth over €200m. However, I believe they are actually after Mbappe.

#RiPrendiRafinha + #PrendiNicolòBarella

NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post

Three good Italians I’d like? Zaniolo, Chiesa, Barella and Tonali. Tonali’s a super lad and he plays with sincerity and character, but no-one compares to Pirlo.
    Obligatory "Juve can't count for shit" joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    I couldn't care less about the thanks on a football forum lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I guess they will buy Cristian Romero for 30-35M€ to make up that ridiculous Sturaro price.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    These 4 are among the most gifted Italians of their generation. We cannot just sit by and let Juve take them. Inter need to buy at least 2-3 of these 4 at Inter this summer - specially Barella and Chiesa.
    Last edited by Bluenine; 12 Feb 19 at 19:04.

5. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Vatican

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Cristiano or Icardi... Cristiano or Icardi...