Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 132021222324 LastLast

Thread: Serie A Calcio Mercato, Winter 2018-19

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    There are numerous questions being asked after Juventus sold Stefano Sturaro for €18m, making him the most expensive Genoa signing ever.

The statement from Juve on January 24 confirmed had loaned the midfielder to Genoa until June 2019 at a cost of €1.5m, with obligation to buy at certain conditions for €8.5m plus another possible €8m in various bonuses.

However, a new version was released today, stating that “following the achievement of the conditions provided by the contract, the obligation for the definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Stefano Sturaro by Genoa Cricket & Football Club S.p.A. became due for a consideration of € 16.5 million to be paid in four financial years.”

This makes Sturaro the most expensive ever signing by Genoa, who are the oldest professional football club in Italy, as €16.5m plus the €1.5m for the six-month loan takes the total cost to €18m.

It is also a profit of over €12m for Juventus.

It’s not clear what the ‘conditions provided by the contract’ were to suddenly activate the clause, as Sturaro has not played since August due to a torn Achilles tendon.

He was included in the Genoa squad against Empoli and Sassuolo, but remained on the bench.

According to Calciomercato.com, the conditions to turn the move from option to obligation were as simple as Genoa picking up their first point after his transfer.

At the same time, Juventus seem to have a similar deal in place with Genoa for the Turin giants to activate the loan into an obligation to buy for Luca Zanimacchia, who is currently playing for the Juventus Under-23 side in Serie C.

Genoa President Enrico Preziosi’s rather complex web of transfers over the years already raised eyebrows.

Exchanging players between clubs at vastly inflated prices is the reason Chievo started this season with a three-point penalty.

They had swapped several players with Cesena, who went bankrupt last summer.
    Do you really think anybody in Italy will investigate juBentus?!

It seems that paper with player`s names and values found on the restaurant table was indeed Paratici`s - He just confirmed it! I guess he had too much of wine that evening. For those who don`t know:

Juventus chief Fabio Paratici reportedly left transfer strategy notes in a restaurant, including Nicolò Zaniolo, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Federico Chiesa and Sandro Tonali.

In probably the strangest story to have hit the headlines in this January transfer window, Il Tempo newspaper claims director of sport Paratici was at a restaurant in a hotel in Milan this week and wrote down some notes.

He tore up the piece of paper and left, but someone nearby recognised him and put the pieces back together.

This included a list of names with figures next to them.

Roma teenage talent Zaniolo had €40m next to it, Brescia midfielder Tonali €20m, Genoa defender Cristian Romero €20m, Fiorentina star Chiesa €50m and RB Salzburg’s Dominik Szoboszlai €10m.

On another side of the paper was the name Miralem Pjanic next to Savic, implying for one to arrive from Lazio, the other would need to leave.
    Mattia Zannaro was also on that list, 18 year old trequartista

Fabio Paratici says Max Allegri and Paulo Dybala will stay at Juventus, Paul Pogba will not return and Matthijs de Ligt is being considered ‘with great care’.

In the second part of his interview with Gazzetta dello Sport on Tuesday, Paratici also backed Moise Kean to prove his worth at Juve, expressed doubts over Neymar and James Rodriguez, confirmed his interest in Cristian Romero and discussed Italian youth.

“That famous piece of paper I ripped up and threw into a bin was only one of many hundreds,” explained the Bianconeri sporting director.

“We were at a meeting with Genoa and we noted down some of the players we’d talked about.

“Last year we knew we were losing Buffon and Higuain. I told President Agnelli that there were two ways to motivate the team: buy Cristiano Ronaldo or Icardi and kick up an incredible storm...

“CR7 was a bargain, not just in a technical sense: on an economic level he’s already paid for himself.

“Marotta was never against his purchase. I’m disappointed that I’m no longer working with him after 15 years.

“Allegri’s one of the five best Coaches in the world. He’s a very intelligent man: of course he’ll stay.

“So will Dybala. Only those who want to leave Juventus will do so. Who can improve us? It’s hard to say, Messi perhaps. Even with Neymar I have doubts.

“James Rodriguez? He’s a great player but again, improving our squad is difficult.

“Kean is a great striker, worthy of playing for Juve: he’s one of those who will score in the Champions League and we’ll see playing in Europe for many more years.

“Will Pogba come back? No. In football you never know, but it’s very difficult. Ramsey will bolster our midfield in the summer and we’ll also sign a defender.

“We’re on the right track for Romero. De Ligt is also certainly one of the best young players around so we’re looking at him with great care.

Three good Italians I’d like? Zaniolo, Chiesa, Barella and Tonali. Tonali’s a super lad and he plays with sincerity and character, but no-one compares to Pirlo.

“Perhaps De Jong at Ajax, but he’s joining Barcelona. Szoboszlai is a young lad with potential, but he needs to find a team who will give him lots of playing time.

// today Salah was linked to juBentus in a transaction worth over €200m. However, I believe they are actually after Mbappe.

#RiPrendiRafinha + #PrendiNicolòBarella

NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post

Three good Italians I’d like? Zaniolo, Chiesa, Barella and Tonali. Tonali’s a super lad and he plays with sincerity and character, but no-one compares to Pirlo.
    Obligatory "Juve can't count for shit" joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I guess they will buy Cristian Romero for 30-35M€ to make up that ridiculous Sturaro price.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    These 4 are among the most gifted Italians of their generation. We cannot just sit by and let Juve take them. Inter need to buy at least 2-3 of these 4 at Inter this summer - specially Barella and Chiesa.
    Last edited by Bluenine; 12 Feb 19 at 18:04.

5. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Cristiano or Icardi... Cristiano or Icardi...

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Heart issues hold up Traore deal
    By Football Italia staff

Fiorentina’s deal to sign Empoli midfielder Hamed Traore has reportedly been held up due to heart issues in his medical.

Empoli announced last month that Traore would join Fiorentina next season, but his contract was not deposited with Lega Serie A and the Viola never made his transfer official.

According to La Nazione, the hold-up stems from issues being flagged up during medical examinations on January 17.

The newspaper adds more tests have been scheduled so the risk of ‘arrhythmogenic cardiomyopathy’ is averted, just a year after Fiorentina captain Davide Astori died from a cardiac arrest.

Empoli, for their part, are described as being ‘calm’ about the situation as ‘three other clubs’ are ready to sign the teenager if he does not join their Tuscan neighbours.

8. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Weren't we also interested in this kid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

The fucking money to do so, what the hell?

Milan in talks to buy Everton Soares

Gremio winger, Everton, is one of the players Leonardo is working on for the next summer market. The winger, who has already been monitored in the winter transfer session, could be one of the jewels ready to leave Brazil, although its club has set a resolution clause of 80 million, but for 40-50 million the table could open of negotiations.
    What the fuck.

11. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Eh, we're still 3 months away from the market opening. I'd be surprised if Milan continue throwing money around in the summer, aren't they expected to sign another SA or something of the sort?

However, thinking about it, they'll probably just continue throwing money around and then tell UEFA to fucking do one. Seems to work for everyone apart from us.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    Eh, we're still 3 months away from the market opening. I'd be surprised if Milan continue throwing money around in the summer, aren't they expected to sign another SA or something of the sort?

However, thinking about it, they'll probably just continue throwing money around and then tell UEFA to fucking do one. Seems to work for everyone apart from us.
    I think Milan already have an agreement that means in 3 years time they need to break even, or something along those lines. So they can spend whatever they want as long as in 3 years the books are balenced and Leonardo is building a young squad. I could very well be wrong though

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    I think Milan already have an agreement that means in 3 years time they need to break even, or something along those lines. So they can spend whatever they want as long as in 3 years the books are balanced and Leonardo is building a young squad. I could very well be wrong though
    I know about that one, but I thought that was just for the 2015-2017 years or something like that. Their biggest spending spree where they got Kalinic, Hakan, Andre Silva, etc. hasn't been accounted for yet, has it? I could also be wrong here to be fair.

But eh, either way I don't see them getting screwed by FFP to the level we did. Particularly because they appear to have a competent management over there.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    I think Milan already have an agreement that means in 3 years time they need to break even, or something along those lines. So they can spend whatever they want as long as in 3 years the books are balenced and Leonardo is building a young squad. I could very well be wrong though
    They were negotiating the SA, not sure whether their clock has started ticking yet. But either way you are right. Milan will have to break even after 3 years, so can still spend a bit. Like Suning spent big in their first summer at Inter. Also buying young players on lower wages is very important here. What some people don't realise is that spending 70m for Piatek & Paqueta was easily covered by getting rid of the expensive Higuain from an FFP point of view. Leo is a clever motherfucker, and also has a very successful track record as a Sporting Director.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    They were negotiating the SA, not sure whether their clock has started ticking yet. But either way you are right. Milan will have to break even after 3 years, so can still spend a bit. Like Suning spent big in their first summer at Inter. Also buying young players on lower wages is very important here. What some people don't realise is that spending 70m for Piatek & Paqueta was easily covered by getting rid of the expensive Higuain from an FFP point of view. Leo is a clever motherfucker, and also has a very successful track record as a Sporting Director.
    Getting rid of the expensive Higuain is a stretch of imagination. Higuain was not their player. They still paid a hefty sum for a half year rental (salary plus loan). And this count on FFP either. Let's not make Leo great from so less. Even he looks so, if you compare him with our retarded management.

18. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Wobblz

Italy

leonardo is one heck of a sporting director. Sure he was given good money to spend, but he has spent it damn well.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    leonardo is one heck of a sporting director. Sure he was given good money to spend, but he has spent it damn well.
    leo is going for Richarlison for 65m

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    According to L'Equipe, Lille have received an offer worth around €70m from Italy for Nicolas Pépé. Unless Karamoh is part of that 70m offer, i am afraid the offer isn't from Inter.
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

22. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, thatdude

Italy

i can't see us offering anywhere near that, even with karamoh included, without being sure that we can count on champions league money.
    Last edited by firmino; 07 Apr 19 at 07:24.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    According to L'Equipe, Lille have received an offer worth around €70m from Italy for Nicolas Pépé. Unless Karamoh is part of that 70m offer, i am afraid the offer isn't from Inter.
    Have read that yesterday too, personally I think it's more like a decoy.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Roma 'ready Tonali offer'

Roma are reportedly preparing a bid of €20m plus bonuses for Brescia midfielder Sandro Tonali.

According to Tuttomercatoweb, Tonali is on Roma’s list of possible reinforcements for next season.

The website explains the Giallorossi are ready to steal a march on Juventus, Inter, Milan and Napoli, all of whom ‘continue to monitor his situation.’

The 19-year-old has scored three goals and provided seven assists this season for Brescia, who are top of Serie B.

He was also called up to the Italy squad earlier in the campaign, without making a top-flight appearance.

We have been linked to him in the past: Milan close in on Thauvin?

Milan are reportedly closing in on a deal to sign Olympique Marseille and France winger Florian Thauvin.

According to France Football, Milan are ‘very close’ to reaching an agreement with Thauvin.

The reputable publication explains Marseille are willing to let the attacker go for €30-40m, given his contract is about to enter its final two years.

The 26-year-old helped OM reach the Europa League Final last season, while he was part of the France squad who won the World Cup.

This season he has followed up with 15 goals and nine assists in 33 appearances for the French club, who are fifth in Ligue 1.

Report: Biraghi on Roma radar

Fiorentina and Italy left-back Cristiano Biraghi is reportedly on Roma’s radar for next season.

According to La Nazione, Roma have identified Biraghi as the ideal heir to Aleksandar Kolarov, who turns 34 later this year.

The 26-year-old has missed just one game all season for Fiorentina and gone on to establish himself as Italy’s first-choice left-back.

The Giallorossi, for their part, have conceded the most goals out of Serie A’s top 10 sides (45) and shipped seven away to Fiorentina in the Coppa Italia.

* we sold Biraghi for €5m in 2016. We could have signed Telles for €8m in 2017, whose market value is €30m right now Good luck finding a buyer for Dalbert...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Surfaced today that we are behind it. It might be an attempt to lower Chiesa`s price I guess? Otherwise don`t see why we would pay the same amount... unless Chiesa already has an agreement with juBentus.

#RiPrendiRafinha + #PrendiNicolòBarella

NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

26. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Finally somebody sane enough to refute Milan transfers bullshit.

Thauvin's agent to La Phoceen: "This is nonsense, there is nothing with Milan or any other Serie A club. We are in April and must not pay attention to these rumors. Also Milan have [FFP] problems to resolve before thinking about signings for next season."
    - - - Updated - - -

This is new Milan transfer btw

“Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.