Thread: An introduction long overdue

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer

An introduction long overdue

Hi guys,

Been a lurker on here for years (2009-10, more closely starting from 2013), finally decided to abandon posting on Russian Inter fan forum as I wanted to be exposed to a wider array of opinions plus developed a strong distaste for narrow-mindedness of certain individuals there. So far the journey here has been rewarding and thought-provoking, the manner of how matches and any general stuff related to Inter is discussed here is quite different.

I've been an Inter fan for 20 years now (first match watched on TV was Spartak-Inter in 1998), that was my 3rd grade in school, my classmates were rooting for Milan,Juve,Ajax, Real,L'pool so my choice of Inter was a bit weird. Actually the reason I started following the team was the colour of a kit, 1998 Umbro one with horizontal stripes, not even Luis Ronaldo. Just an aesthetical attraction. My brother and father always supported Barca.

For years I could only see Inter at UCL (and if I was lucky enough to get the matches broadcasted on local TV,forget about Serie A) and the only source of information was the local magazine I bought every week in a booth near the school's bus stop and shitty and expensive dial-up connection. Only starting from 2006 when I moved to US for college education I gained the access to broadband connection and could watch Inter matches in Serie A too. Very thorny and rocky journey as a fan. 2010 was a pinnacle and I hope that I can experience similar emotions still being sane, vivid and healthy. Waiting for 45 years isn't the way.

Here in Kazakhstan the amount of interisti is very low, frankly speaking I've only seen 3 Inter fans throughout my whole life (there are more, obviously), but generally people here support Barca, Real or English teams. Milan too, historically Milan has huge amount of followers in ex-USSR countries. I went to a bar couple of times to watch Inter-Milan but that's not my cup of tea. It's either be on the Meazza which I only experienced thrice or watch the match alone in an Inter jersey. Not even my wife dares to infringe and bother me when I watch our matchesShe also became used to some obscenities yelled by me in despair after 76th Politano-Perisic cross in a row in the middle of the night (some matches end at 03.00 a.m. here, I would actually prefer to be somewhere Down Under to watch football in the morning).

Happy upcoming New Year! Hope Inter will deliver even better emotions to us in 2019.
    ďIs shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?Ē

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Well, better late than never You're a great poster so just keep doing what you're doing is all I've got to say.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    As Wobblz said, We need more posters like you, posters who thank my posts.

Stick around!

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

Glad to have you in here. Please keep posting and stick around because its a pleasure reading your posts.

5. Thanks (2): forzainter257, MVD

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Besnik View Post
    Glad to have you in here. Please keep posting and stick around because its a pleasure reading your posts.
    Carelessly forgetting the no homo...
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

7. Thanks (2): Black Knight, MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate View Post
    Here in Kazakhstan the amount of interisti is very low, frankly speaking I've only seen 3 Inter fans throughout my whole life (there are more, obviously)
    I used to hang with Inter fans in Almaty 8 years ago or so.. There were around 20 guys of us who would gather up in a pub and yell like madmen. They would sing in Italian, curse in italian despite they were all kazakhs and one korean guy. I must say the way they were supporting was pretty advanced. I then quit joining them cause I wanted to quit drinking
    and yes, welcome on board. I too started supporting Inter since that very same match against Spartak Moscow, but I was 16 years old at that time

9. Thanks (1): MVD