Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 225

Thread: Diego Godin

  1. #41
    Il Drago's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Dec 15
    Posts
    5,613
    Thanked
    11,600 times
    Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

    Greece

    Most Improved Member
    According to both GdS and Sky, Godin's salary is going to be 6m/season. Two year contract with an option for a third. 5m agent fees.

  2. Thanks (2): Fitzy, MVD

  3. #42

    Join Date
    27 Feb 17
    Posts
    1,172
    Thanked
    976 times

    Malta

    Done deal

  4. #43

    Join Date
    20 Sep 07
    Posts
    202
    Thanked
    101 times
    Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

    Turkey

    6m wage is just bullshit. How much they think to pay skriniar while offering new contract ? 10m ??

  5. #44
    #EmperorSpallo! JJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Aug 07
    Posts
    37,695
    Thanked
    49,220 times
    Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

    Slovenia

    91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Done deal ?

    Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

    Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!


  6. #45
    YoramG's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 May 13
    Posts
    1,877
    Thanked
    3,153 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    Italy

    If we’re going to pay Godin 6m/y then we’re definitely about to go give Skriniar 4-5 and Icardi 8-9. Time to start paying more like Madrid and less like Spurs.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

  7. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

  8. #46
    satubito's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Jun 09
    Posts
    1,781
    Thanked
    1,183 times
    Fav. Player
    Youth team

    Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by kartalsafa View Post
    6m wage is just bullshit. How much they think to pay skriniar while offering new contract ? 10m ??
    If I was Skriniars agent, I'm asking for 5-6 a year now. We dropped the ball dragging it out this long. We can't even give him the 3.5 M he is asking.
    FORZA INTER TILL I DIE! Mi chiamo Salvatore.

  9. Thanks (1): Nothing

  10. #47
    andrei's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Nov 11
    Posts
    735
    Thanked
    573 times
    Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

    Romania

    Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    If we’re going to pay Godin 6m/y then we’re definitely about to go give Skriniar 4-5 and Icardi 8-9. Time to start paying more like Madrid and less like Spurs.
    But first we need to have the revenue more like Madrid.

  11. #48
    YoramG's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 May 13
    Posts
    1,877
    Thanked
    3,153 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    Italy

    Quote Originally Posted by andrei View Post
    But first we need to have the revenue more like Madrid.
    Well obviously. But it’s that unending cycle of no revenue -> low wages -> can’t attract top players -> can’t achieve anything -> no prize money/sponsors -> no revenue -> etc. We’re in a moment of relative positivity compared to the last 6 years, it’d be a good idea to bump up the wage structure for players who deserve it (Skriniar, Icardi, Brozovic) to let other top players know that we can afford to pay them competitive salaries.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

  12. #49
    andrei's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Nov 11
    Posts
    735
    Thanked
    573 times
    Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

    Romania

    Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    Well obviously. But it’s that unending cycle of no revenue -> low wages -> can’t attract top players -> can’t achieve anything -> no prize money/sponsors -> no revenue -> etc. We’re in a moment of relative positivity compared to the last 6 years, it’d be a good idea to bump up the wage structure for players who deserve it (Skriniar, Icardi, Brozovic) to let other top players know that we can afford to pay them competitive salaries.
    I got your idea, but it's not a stationary cycle. Could be a virtuos cycle or a vicious one. What are our best players? Skrniar, Brozo, Icardi! And what have these in common? All of them were young unproven players at small teams. We should continue this trend, for a few years at least.
    When we have a few years in CL, under our belt, when papa Zhang bring a few big sponsors, we could make the next leap.
    And for the salary it's pretty simple, you know waht pretention has the player and put the contract on the table!

  13. Thanks (1): YoramG

  14. #50
    Il Drago's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Dec 15
    Posts
    5,613
    Thanked
    11,600 times
    Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

    Greece

    Most Improved Member
    According to Fabrizio Romano, Godin's salary will be 4.5m plus 1.5m bonuses.

  15. Thanks (2): chipschups, MVD

  16. #51

    Join Date
    25 Feb 13
    Posts
    2,095
    Thanked
    2,771 times

    Vietnam

    The funny thing is, if Marotta pulls this deal at Jube (even when they are having tons of defenders already), people would hail him as the purchase of the season.

    But Marotta works for us, then someone are still skeptical about salary, while we have zero CB backup next season


  17. #52

    Join Date
    20 Sep 07
    Posts
    202
    Thanked
    101 times
    Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

    Turkey

    Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    The funny thing is, if Marotta pulls this deal at Jube (even when they are having tons of defenders already), people would hail him as the purchase of the season.

    But Marotta works for us, then someone are still skeptical about salary, while we have zero CB backup next season
    We are not m.city and we can not pay 6m for a backup. Theyre offering icardi 7m but agreed for 32yo defender on 6m. Im not happy with this deal

  18. #53
    Maslany's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Sep 09
    Posts
    4,075
    Thanked
    1,911 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti
    Old name
    Natasha

    Macedonia

    43
    Quote Originally Posted by kartalsafa View Post
    We are not m.city and we can not pay 6m for a backup. Theyre offering icardi 7m but agreed for 32yo defender on 6m. Im not happy with this deal
    Take it like this... We get a good experienced defender, for the next two years, for around 12 millions, what's not to like here?

    You can't look at the wages, he is a FREE agent...
    I met Zanetti, you suckers!


  19. #54
    chipschups's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 Dec 10
    Posts
    6,868
    Thanked
    5,706 times
    Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

    Indonesia

    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    According to Fabrizio Romano, Godin's salary will be 4.5m plus 1.5m bonuses.
    This is more likely. People bring Juventus but ignoring the fact our revenue is already surpass Juventus since last year and we definitely can afford 150m gross wages which now we still far from it.
    ‘Whoever doesn’t love El Chino doesn’t love football!’

    jonikemot ---------> chipschups
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco View Post
    Why criticize like he was the worst player in the team?
    either people are having a high standard for inter or they just racist

  20. #55

    Join Date
    25 Feb 13
    Posts
    2,095
    Thanked
    2,771 times

    Vietnam

    Quote Originally Posted by kartalsafa View Post
    We are not m.city and we can not pay 6m for a backup. Theyre offering icardi 7m but agreed for 32yo defender on 6m. Im not happy with this deal
    Godin isn't backup. He is a starter and De Vrij will be pushed to backup.

    Plus, you are talking as if Godin is a random 32yo defender. He was one of the best of the world, with a lot of trophies to back his salary.

    Plus two, it isn't 6m, but 4.5m + 1.5m. Huge difference. If he wouldn't contribute significantly he would not get that bonus.

  21. #56

    Join Date
    16 Mar 05
    Posts
    770
    Thanked
    396 times



    ....AND we are getting him for free, a player who turned down a 20 million transfer fee beginning of this season, and someone who is getting pretty much the same salary in his present club.

  22. Thanks (1): DARi0

  23. #57
    forzainter257's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Mar 18
    Posts
    1,333
    Thanked
    1,618 times
    Fav. Player
    Lautaro

    Kazakhstan

    Signing Godin is good, but our most paid CB should be Skriniar. We exploit him as if his lungs were made of rubber but pay him less than SDV. I would feel ashamed looking into his eyes.

  24. Thanks (1): Nothing

  25. #58
    Choppin Onions's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Aug 04
    Posts
    9,227
    Thanked
    6,089 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    Canada

    66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    3 man defense incoming next season. Having Godin or de Vrij on the bench is quite wasteful. Unless of course Skriniar or de Vrij are going to be sold....


  26. #59
    CafeCordoba's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 04
    Posts
    21,545
    Thanked
    10,941 times
    Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

    Finland

    39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by chipschups View Post
    This is more likely. People bring Juventus but ignoring the fact our revenue is already surpass Juventus since last year and we definitely can afford 150m gross wages which now we still far from it.
    Our revenue bigger than Juventus? Come again?

    Anyway, this 1,5m€ bonuses sound better for sure. Though somewhere it was said the bonuses are based on team and individual performances and are easy to reach so probably related to some fixed amount of matches played + CL qualification.

  27. #60
    francesco's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Sep 11
    Posts
    2,491
    Thanked
    2,201 times
    Fav. Player
    Francesco Toldo

    Indonesia

    Quote Originally Posted by forzainter257 View Post
    Signing Godin is good, but our most paid CB should be Skriniar. We exploit him as if his lungs were made of rubber but pay him less than ranocchia. I would feel ashamed looking into his eyes.
    Let me fix it
    You Need Skill and Luck To Make a Great Save - Alberto Fontana
    The Strong One Doesn't Win, The One That Wins is Strong - Franz Beckenbauer

  28. Thanks (1): forzainter257

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •