2 6.25%
Page 1 of 30 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Torino - Inter (27 Jan 19)

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster

Torino - Inter (27 Jan 19)

That was the point of TODSS, scaring you lots so I can take the chance of opening match threads. Well not really.

We have a very tight schedule next, three games in eight days

Since 2013 we only beat Torino away once, with Kdog goal

So we need to troll if we could win this game, a Vecinho 90th minute double-kick perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

Macedonia

This fucking fixture.

I hate Torino.

Fav. Player
    JZ4, I9, MS37

Nigeria

I don’t understand why we find it so hard to score. I also don’t understand why against the Napoli’s and Juves we play with balls but against lesser teams we become so flaccid.

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    So we couldn't beat Sassuolo at home because they're our bogey side, of course. Good, solid excuse. Against Toro we have the former player/coach excuse ready to go. Things are looking good.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. Thanks (4): GenDire, Handoyo, thatdude, wera

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavu View Post
    I don’t understand why we find it so hard to score. I also don’t understand why against the Napoli’s and Juves we play with balls but against lesser teams we become so flaccid.
    We find it hard to score because we have a particular attacking plan but no midfield to support it.

We find it easier to play against the top teams because we have more motivation to play against them.

We find it harder to play against smaller teams because they are super motivated to play against us, while we don't seem to give a fuck sometimes.

Lack of quality in midfield and our overall mentality are the reasons.

Macedonia

If we manage to get a draw here I'd be happy. We are that bad against Torino.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    We also don't get consistent scoring from other players apart from Icardi. From our midfielders only Nainggolan is a scoring threat but he has been injured for most of the time. As for our wingers, Perisic is out of form for most of the season and Politano lacks end product. Only Keita and Lautaro seemed to be helping us in that area recently but sadly the former got injured and the latter remains a bench option. We don't even get scoring from set pieces.

I think this match is the perfect opportunity for Spalletti to try a new system with both Icardi and Lautaro in the starting lineup. It's obvious 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 isn't working with our current midfielders and Politano-Perisic on the wings. He needs to try something new.

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    My cat stood up for a stray dog and didn't allow the dog to enter my backyard through an open door. My cat has more balls than Spalletti and he's euthanized mind you. I'd be surprised if Spalletti tried two strikers at home vs SPAl, you think he might throw that at Torino's?

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

11. Thanks (2): Handoyo, MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    My cat stood up for a stray dog and didn't allow the dog to enter my backyard through an open door. My cat has more balls than Spalletti and he's euthanized mind you. I'd be surprised if Spalletti tried two strikers at home vs SPAl, you think he might throw that at Torino's?
    Your cat's a zombie, explains the first part.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    I don't think he will do it. We'll probably watch the same lineup with 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 and perhaps Valero or Ninja instead of Vecino in midfield. I said only what i think he should try against Torino. And i didn't have a 4-4-2 in mind. He could try a 3-4-2-1 (like in his Roma days) with Politano and Lautaro behind Icardi.

14. Thanks (2): Devious, MVD

Old name
    HernanCrespo

Indonesia

I hope this #BUU thing doesn't ruin it this time. I get that it's a campaign against racism. But, Inter doesn't really come out well with trends and all.
    "Supporting Inter means deciding to make your life complicated. It's like supporting the Indians against the Cowboys, it means having a touch of masochism and melancholy. We know we have chosen a difficult love, but this makes it even more beautiful"

-Beppe Severgnini-

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HernanCrespo View Post
    I hope this #BUU thing doesn't ruin it this time. I get that it's a campaign against racism. But, Inter doesn't really come out well with trends and all.
    Is this the level we've go to? Blaming an Anti racism campaign for losing games?
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

Canada

Sassuolo is a bogey team but so is Torino to be fair. We hardly ever beat them, home or away. On the other hand, teams like Roma and Napoli seem to almost always beat these guys. They're a very physical team too and their midfield will eat ours especially as Vecino will be nowhere to be found. Luckily, Meite should be suspended and he's a good player imo.

18. Thanks (2): n4l, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Mario Mandzukic

India

Quote Originally Posted by dejavu View Post
    Sounds like every fan of every team.

I expect a 0-0 draw if not a 0-3 win for you

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

Our next arc enemy, I will be happy with a draw.
    ‘Whoever doesn’t love El Chino doesn’t love football!’

jonikemot ---------> chipschups
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco View Post
    Why criticize like he was the worst player in the team?
    either people are having a high standard for inter or they just racist

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by chipschups View Post
    Our next arc enemy, I will be happy with a draw.
    Sad when we label trams such as Torino, Sassuolo and Atalanta "arch enemies". Even sadder when there are also clear trends with us underperforming against them every god damn season for years on.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

22. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, CafeCordoba, MVD

Italy

We must win this, in order to make up for losing two points in San Siro to a mid-table team at best.

The draw can't be an option.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Old name
    HernanCrespo

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Is this the level we've go to? Blaming an Anti racism campaign for losing games?
    The point isn't really blaming the campaign, but the distraction it can cause to our players.
    "Supporting Inter means deciding to make your life complicated. It's like supporting the Indians against the Cowboys, it means having a touch of masochism and melancholy. We know we have chosen a difficult love, but this makes it even more beautiful"

-Beppe Severgnini-

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HernanCrespo View Post
    The point isn't really blaming the campaign, but the distraction it can cause to our players.
    If they are distracted by that then how could they possibly ignore the Icardi contract debacle. Thats a pathetic excuse and you know it.
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

27. Thanks (2): MVD, SiamoNoi

Old name
    HernanCrespo

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    If they are distracted by that then how could they possibly ignore the Icardi contract debacle. Thats a pathetic excuse and you know it.
    I believe they are also, in some ways, distracted by Icardi's contract havoc. Our players seem to be easily distracted by big and small things. Come to think of it, the awful performance by our players in the last couple days ago might be very much influenced by Icardi's situation not the #BUU thing.

-Beppe Severgnini-