0 0%
  • Politano

4 12.50%
  • Nainggolan

2 6.25%
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2027282930

Thread: Torino - Inter (27 Jan 19)

Italy

Blue Monday was supposed to be last week. Why you do this to us, Inter.

The promising start turned out to be just a cruel tease: the chance missed by Lautaro after a nice build-up play, a couple of good combinations between him and Icardi, a few attacking situations ruined by a frustrating misplaced pass.
    Then the game became the worst of the dejà-vus: a goal that you simply can't concede, tactical choices that backfired, a slow and disjointed team of nervous players that looked mentally and physically empty, plenty of mistakes, basically zero chances.

Knowing that something is happening behind the scenes and inside the dressing room... the signals are extremely alarming.
    Here come the last dramatic days of winter calciomercato (featuring our directors plus Perisic & Candreva).

It's worthy of note that Dalbert made the sign of the cross three times, after skyrocketing the ball into the sky instead of sending it in the box.
    Someone suggested that our Brazilian fullback experienced a "mystic crisis": we all had one in that exact moment, with different and unspeakable reactions, but our faith is still strong and "as long as there is life, there is hope"... including for Inter in this season.
    For example, did Spalletti increase the workloads during the week, so the team can peak in form when Spring comes?
    We can hope and live with that partial and naive explanation, ignoring that things are falling apart.

Anyway, let's save a secular prayer for San Siro. The Coppa Italia game against Lazio will be massive.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Choppin Onions View Post
    We might be the most boring club in Italy. It's actually pathetic. Spalletti honestly has no idea what he's doing anymore. He's just throwing his feces at the wall and hoping it sticks. And it's certainly fucking not. It does smell something awful though.
    Now, I'm not trying to defend Spalletti but I do not remember any of his Roma sides being boring or struggling to score goals. I think the issue is this team. We've struggled to score goals each and every season recently regardless of the coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

Fav. Player
    Hernan Crespo

Indonesia

Didn't watch the game last night, glad that I didn't have a mini-heart attack.
    "Supporting Inter means deciding to make your life complicated. It's like supporting the Indians against the Cowboys, it means having a touch of masochism and melancholy. We know we have chosen a difficult love, but this makes it even more beautiful"

-Beppe Severgnini-

4. Thanks (2): magnesium, MVD

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

I need a lobotomy after this "performance". Inter is like a pendulum suspended over a cesspool, it's bound to dip in the shit at least once a year.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    I'm just enjoying the great comments. And the fact that of a total of 12 points available against Sassuolo and Torino, we managed to pick up 2.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    I'm just enjoying the great comments. And the fact that of a total of 12 points available against Sassuolo and Torino, we managed to pick up 2.
    Well last season we had got just one point against them so i guess it's an improvement.

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

After Feyenoord-Ajax I decided to not watch Inter because my heart couldn't take another shit performance, glad I went crying to bed before Inter because even the ''highlights'' of Inter was worthless.

9. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, magnesium, Nderim

England

Spaletti needs to go before he costs us top 4 coppa and europa

Stubborn SOB also cost us zaniolo who may well haunt us more than coutinho at this rate

11. Thanks (1): magnesium

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Now, I'm not trying to defend Spalletti but I do not remember any of his Roma sides being boring or struggling to score goals. I think the issue is this team. We've struggled to score goals each and every season recently regardless of the coach.
    Exactly. This shouldn’t be ignored. This is the guy who basically resurrected Dzeko’s Roma career, turned N9 into a goal scoring midfielder from a defensive box to box, and made Totti into a golden shoe candidate during his first stint. The guy knows how to set up his teams to attack. We can’t score goals here and it’s been a problem since before Spalletti and will be a problem after unless we make changes.

Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Like I said, you can take Guardiola and his entire coaching staff and the entire Man City roster and the moment you put them in Inter shirts and put them on the pitch, you'll have De Bruyne failing to control a basic pass and David Silva standing static, offering no outlet for the ball.

Everything you say about Spalletti is true. I remember his 451 with a false #9, 15 years ago or so. I remember being super impressed with Perrotta and Totti's roles. But Spalletti, even being 'that guy' who has done all those things you mentioned, is the one who specifically asked for Vecino for example. He is the guy who trains the squad day in, day out. Forget providing even a hint of improvement or development, we've actually regressed. That is as inexcusable as it is inexplicable.

If I had to draw a trajectory of how well we played under Spalletti, I'd give his first preseason a 9/10. But since then, it's been slowly going downhill with moments of brief and temporary reprieve. Now we can't score, can't defend, can't create and can't pass. There have been multiple times under Spalletti, an alarming amount especially this season where we have looked just as bad as Mancini, Pioli, Stramaccioni, Ranieri, Mazzarri, Gasperini, De Boer at their absolute worst.

So what is the answer. Keep giving Spalletti time, faith and transfer money until everything aligns and he can replicate what he did at Roma? That doesn't sound appealing to me. Most of all, there needs to be evidence of improvement for anyone, fans or backers, to have faith.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Skriniar37

Indonesia

Our players are very good.
    Put Icardi and Lautaro at atletico or Real, they will score
    Perisic at Liverpool.
    Brozovic at Bayern.
    Nainggolan at Juve.
    Handanovic at Napoli.
    De Vrij and Skriniar at Manchester United or City.
    Miranda at PSG.

Look Cancelo at Juve. He is very good

Our team, individually very very good. Three of them are one of the best in the world.

This clearly coach and management fault. Our management before Marotta come, clearly clueless.

We need Sabatini or Marotta level management. . .

Is Marotta will agree if Spalletti ask buy Vecino and Borja? I don't think so guys.
    Lautaro Martínez: Argentina's next big thing
    Milan Skriniar : Next Best Defender In The World

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by magnesium View Post
    Our players are very good.
    Put Icardi and Lautaro at atletico or Real, they will score
    Perisic at Liverpool.
    Brozovic at Bayern.
    Nainggolan at Juve.
    Handanovic at Napoli.
    De Vrij and Skriniar at Manchester United or City.
    Miranda at PSG.

Look Cancelo at Juve. He is very good

Our team, individually very very good. Three of them are one of the best in the world.

This clearly coach and management fault. Our management before Marotta come, clearly clueless.

We need Sabatini or Marotta level management. . .

Is Marotta will agree if Spalletti ask buy Vecino and Borja? I don't think so guys.
    If Icardi, Perisic, Nainggolan, and Brozovic are 70% of our attack and and we have a coach who is typically seen as an offensive coach then why do we struggle to score so much? The one average winger and defensive fullbacks are the culprits?
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

16. Thanks (1): ADRossi

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    How is Spalletti a defensive coach? We never pressed this high under anyone.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

18. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, ADRossi

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi, Perisic, Nainggolan, and Brozovic are 70% of our attack and and we have a coach who is typically seen as an offensive coach then why do we struggle to score so much? The one average winger and defensive fullbacks are the culprits?
    Spalletti keeps on repeating "players have problem with psychology". As soon as they face with difficulties they can't get their shit together or they just don't want. Nobody drives them forward, nobody motivates them. Our captain is shit, just look how Belotti captained his team yesterday and compare him with Icardi. In the first match they were behind by 2 goals and it was thanks to Belotti's efforts they managed pulling off the draw
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

20. Thanks (2): InterFCAustin, MVD

Syria

10 years of FIF
    This year marks 20 years of watching Inter.

That was one of the most uninspired performances I have seen.

It's not the line-up. It's not the formations. It's not the squad.

It's deeper than that. It's the current culture and effect it's having on the players. Most look disengaged. Not motivated. Sadly Spaletti has to go as buck stops with him, but I believe he's hands are tied here and the lack of fight is something between the players.