Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cedric Soares

Fav. Player
    D.Milito

Somalia

Cedric Soares

[Fabrizio Romano] Cedric to Inter is a done deal. Loan with an option to buy.

Inter done deal for Cedric! Loan with buy option for €11M to Southampton, the Portuguese right back will fly to Italy to have medicals and sign tomorrow. Cedric Soares will be in Milan to support the medical visits with Inter. This was reported by the online edition of Corriere dello Sport, which thus confirms the negotiation with Southampton for the arrival of the Portuguese back in the Nerazzurri now at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    Can we beg to FIFA to convert , lets say 30 crosses per game into 1 goal?

2. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Devious, MVD

Syria

10 years of FIF
    cederic.jpg

Him and D'Ambrosio have 3 things in common.

• Right backs
    • Mediocre players (according to FIF members, i'm yet to watch Cederic the entertainer)
    • Male models

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Albania

Welcome and good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    cederic.jpg

Him and D'Ambrosio have 3 things in common.

• Right backs
    • Mediocre players
    • Male models
    You could have waited with the mediocre label.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Palacio View Post
    Welcome and good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

You could have waited with the mediocre label.

Yes good point.

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    Yes good point.
    One thing for sure. He can't be slower than Dambro.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Seems to be a decent free kick taker.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    Seems to be a decent free kick taker.
    If he is as good as Korlav at free kick taking, then he can actually be a very good and inexpensive signing for Inter.

United States

I was pretty annoyed when I first read that we might be getting him... but hearing it's a loan with option, with the loan fee only being 500k? What's not to like? Worst-case he doesn't play much, and we're out 500k + salary.

10. Thanks (2): forzainter257, Pajo

Poland

Quote Originally Posted by este19 View Post
    I was pretty annoyed when I first read that we might be getting him... but hearing it's a loan with option, with the loan fee only being 500k? What's not to like? Worst-case he doesn't play much, and we're out 500k + salary.
    Exactly. While Cedric might not be my dream choice long term, this deal is just perfect for what we need.

I am worried however why he leaves the Saints.
    A) Hassenhutl is a good coach and he I would relly on his insticts. His Lepizing was good and I saw two games of his Soton team and the improvement over Hughes is very visible, they play very well especially considering players they have. Why he decided against Cedric is a mystery but it is worrying me a bit, especially because...
    B) Why would Soton, a team that is still a bit endangered by relegation (but I doubt itll happen with the current foach) deice to loan him? Financially its not amazing for them and Cedric is on paper a player they at the very least should have on bench just in case. Its a mystery to me.

While I think the deal is very good, I started to think it may be a bit too good to be true and started to be a bit suspicious.

12. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalMafia View Post
    While I think the deal is very good, I started to think it may be a bit too good to be true and started to be a bit suspicious.
    I went over to their forums

Cedric is class. Be foolish to sell or loan without a replacement

I see. Could be the deal that sends us down. (relegation)
    Last paragraph in this link says the deal is down to Ralph and whether he wants to allow him to leave or not. I personally hope Cedric stays as he's quality.

Doesn’t everyone hate Cedric?

Cedric has filled in at left back, plus despite having weaknesses he is still much stronger at right back than Valery and Ramsay.
    Would be surprised/disappointed if we couldn't shift Cedric on a permanent deal. I understand why the likes of Boufal and Hoedt have had to go out on loan, but Cedric has proven credentials (even if many of us think they don't reflect his true ability) and he would probably be in the first team if a move wasn't in the offing.

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

mmm, interesting. although it doesn't mean much per se, the standards of southampton's supporters are probably not very high.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

15. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Exactly. While Cedric might not be my dream choice long term, this deal is just perfect for what we need.

A) Hassenhutl is a good coach and he I would relly on his insticts. His Lepizing was good and I saw two games of his Soton team and the improvement over Hughes is very visible, they play very well especially considering players they have. Why he decided against Cedric is a mystery but it is worrying me a bit, especially because...
    B) Why would Soton, a team that is still a bit endangered by relegation (but I doubt itll happen with the current foach) deice to loan him? Financially its not amazing for them and Cedric is on paper a player they at the very least should have on bench just in case. Its a mystery to me.

Sorry but it's southampton. I don't think that you can stop a player going from a mediocre club to a top club like Inter. Simliar situation when we got Kovacic from Dinamo. Or Brozovic. Southampton can't resist if Cedric really wants to come here. Which is normal, everybody would prefer Inter over Southampton. Playing starter for Portugal is already a big thing. But Inter could be finally the chance to play in a big Club team too.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#InterIsGone

antijinx

17. Thanks (1): forzainter257

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    except Gaston Ramirez
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

Australia

10 years of FIF
    I have no idea who this guy is. However, I like how we are playing it safe. What is the worst that could possibly happen? It is a loan with an option to buy and his wages are small change so the risk is minimal.

Could you imagine playing for Southampton and being told Inter have called and want your services?
    Last edited by Puma; 25 Jan 19 at 05:40.
    #FlyEaglesFly

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

The player must have pushed really hard for this transfer cause it doesn't really seem to make much sense from Southampton's perspective.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

Dalbert gone and he is coming for loan mean we can add him into our EL list. Think it quite good at the moment shifting D'ambrosio as oiur lB back up while Cedric and Vrsaljko can fighting for RB position maybe Vrsaljko will show more when there is competition with the winner get reedem by us next summer.
    ‘Whoever doesn’t love El Chino doesn’t love football!’

jonikemot ---------> chipschups
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco View Post
    Why criticize like he was the worst player in the team?
    either people are having a high standard for inter or they just racist

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Argentina

Never seen him play and I watch several clips of him. Here is my quick impressions :
    • He is able to hit the ball cleanly. Hence, his end product is good.
    • Continued from the first point, his crossing is good thus he should be our best crosser when he arrives.
    • His shooting is not too shabby either.
    • He scored 1 free kick goal against MU, but I don't know about his overall track record with set piece. Considering the quality of his delivery, he should be our best set piece taker although this is the very low bar.
    • Does not seem to be very athletic. I will miss Sime's speed so hard
    • Cannot comment about his defensive competence as it cannot be judged by youtube video only. We need some input from someone who watches some of Soton games.
    • Not video related, but he is called up by Portugal NT while Cancelo is not Certainly we cannot judge precisely who is better from the national call up, but it seems he is at least not as awful as the likes of Pereira, Dodo etc.

To sum up : Dambro is still our number 1 most stable full back although it says much about our full back condition. Healthy Sime is our best fullback and I believe Sime is still better player than Cedric. Money buys quality afterall. Alas we cannot field player with broken leg so we must be content with lesser player.
    http://irequis.wordpress.com/
    Feeling up the senses like a night in Giuseppe Meazza

23. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by chipschups View Post
    Dalbert gone and he is coming for loan mean we can add him into our EL list. Think it quite good at the moment shifting D'ambrosio as oiur lB back up while Cedric and Vrsaljko can fighting for RB position maybe Vrsaljko will show more when there is competition with the winner get reedem by us next summer.
    Dalbert was not in our UEFA list. Because of SA and his price tag.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member

It's not really a mystery for me. Hassenhutl plays with a back 3 formation which isn't suited to Cedric. He's too slow and too defensive to be a wingback. Btw i also rate Hassenhutl highly and i was surprised he went to Soton. I always thought he would join a much better team after his great work at Leipzig.

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Dalbert was not in our UEFA list. Because of SA and his price tag.
    I mean we cant add dalbert from the beggin with but since we only spent 500k loan for Cedric we can easily add cedric into EL list.
    ‘Whoever doesn’t love El Chino doesn’t love football!’

jonikemot ---------> chipschups
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco View Post
    Why criticize like he was the worst player in the team?
    either people are having a high standard for inter or they just racist

27. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, CafeCordoba