Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Cédric Soares

Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    The comment is for those who say that Nainggolan is washed up when in fact we signed him at the very same month that he was the most important player for Roma, coming from a season as a top 3 player for them.
    The only flawed logic here is of those who claim that we bought a faulty product just because it broke down some monrhs later.

The very same group of people who wrongfully claim that we signed him instead of Rafinha... If we did splash that money wr didnt have for Rafi and he had that injury here, they'd be yelling left and right about how incompetent our management is for buying a terrible player that can't walk...
    Come on, that's apples and oranges, these arguments and comparisons are really getting old. Radja was the most important player for Roma, sure, but in a different position than we are deploying him.
    "If Rafinha got injured here...." argument, well here's Radja, who was injured for 80% of the matches so far.
    He was breaking down for a while, while still in Roma. He wasn't exactly a perfect athlete, he had a history of multiple injuries in the first 6 months of the previous year.

Sorry but there's a lot of wrong in your post.

Sometimes I feel like FIF is stuck in a Grounhog day.

2. Thanks (3): MVD, ScottishInterista, yoszee

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    The comment is for those who say that Nainggolan is washed up when in fact we signed him at the very same month that he was the most important player for Roma, coming from a season as a top 3 player for them.
    The only flawed logic here is of those who claim that we bought a faulty product just because it broke down some monrhs later.

The very same group of people who wrongfully claim that we signed him instead of Rafinha... If we did splash that money wr didnt have for Rafi and he had that injury here, they'd be yelling left and right about how incompetent our management is for buying a terrible player that can't walk...
    So you're saying that some of us (me included) are "begging the question", we said he's washed up only because he's injured now.

I can't speak for the others but (and my posts back then testify to that) I was one of the people who were perplexed at this signing.

I firmly believe that a player can show heavy signs of decline in a matter of just a few months.

And that is because at some point both physical and psychological factors are involved. A person (not just a player) may struggle but bite the bullet till when he feels it's worth it, then give up almost all of a sudden.

Which is exactly what I feel happened in this case.

That doesn't mean he can't give us something good.

I believe he will never be the same as he was at Roma but can still pull two decent seasons out of himself.

This sort of a 4-month pause he took, psychological but also physical because of the injury, might even be beneficial in this regard.

I guess we'll let the pitch speak.
    Last edited by firmino; 08 Feb 19 at 21:12.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

4. Thanks (3): MVD, ScottishInterista, yoszee

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    There's being skeptical with the signing. I was too. But then there's being dismissive and saying that he was a bad option because he was finished... Finished, not just declining or could possibly not pan out in a new environment, but finished!

Those people really have no idea of what they're talkiing about and I'll gladly remind them of that any given time. We got Roma's most important player for a kid that no one was demanding to see on the pitch last season and a player that everyone was demanding to see off the field and 23m. That's pretty much Vecino money + 2 unwanted players for a top 3 central midfielder in Serie A (along with SMS and Pjanic). That's what we call a bargain and a deal you cannot refuse. And ffs he was nowhere near being finished. He was still an elite player in June and everyone in the world was surprised that he wasn't part of the Belgian World Cup squad. He wasn't left off beacuse he was "finished", he's been off that team since the 2016 Euro and he's had 2 great seasons after that.

The reasons as to why Nainggolan has not been a great signing so far are irrelevant to this discussion because it plain and simply isn't because "he was finished" when we signed him.

But apparently people here want more Cedric transfers and less Nainggolan transfers. And then when their wish comes true, they'll blame the management for players like Skriniar wanting to leave...

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

if he's not finished, or even just declining, it's about fucking time to start showing it.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

7. Thanks (4): Dylan, MVD, Palacio, YoramG

Fav. Player
    Pirlo, Figo

United States

Maybe Inter is taking a flyer on Cedric, to see if he is better than current squad members in that position if so then keep as a replacement else sign someone else in the summer. Big splashy signings are fine if you have the money, otherwise moderate replacement coupled with improvement in the position is the way to go forward.

9. Thanks (2): firmino, Palacio

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    This guy looks so average.

11. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    sdv,skri,epic

Ukraine

The guy is weak. Someone from Primavera could not be worse imo.

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Still defends better than Cancelo
    Wallace

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

Quote Originally Posted by eduzee View Post
    The guy is weak. Someone from Primavera could not be worse imo.

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk
    lol.

The beauty of never watch Primavera.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

15. Thanks (1): Lui

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    or not realizing it's primavera v primavera......vs primavera v BIG FUCKING MEN...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    or not realizing it's primavera v primavera......vs primavera v BIG FUCKING MEN...
    Are you turned on right now?
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

18. Thanks (2): MVD, n4l

Fav. Player
    Pirlo, Figo

United States

He did OK today.

20. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses

United States

Yeah he’s good to rest D’Ambrosio (didn’t think I’d be saying that at the beginning of this season). He’s not good enough for inter though

22. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, eduzee, MVD, varmin

Italy

Fav. Player
    Pirlo, Figo

United States

He did well today.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Poland

Personally I was happy with him, had few nice crosses for Lautaro in the first half. Still some work to do on linking-up with others players.

Canada

Yup, looking at the highlights both of Lautauro's chances (volley and header off target) came from his crosses.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Wasn't too impressed tbh but considering the standard of RB we have he was good and really enjoyed his exchanges with Mario.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY