Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cédric Soares

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yeah what I meant with wrong prices was that in hindsight they were wrong because Kondogbia was massive for them. Cancelo's price was probably just fine but we simply couldn't afford it.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Kondogbia beeing massive for them had nothing to do with us. His value increased because they used him correctly and also motivated him. We succeeded none of them. So, from a ethical point of view, the price was correct. In 2017, 25m was more or less his value.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    But no, we didn't. As you well know, we loaned that fool for last-resort defensive cover like Sainsbury the year before and rightfully sent them back after 6 months. The correct decision being made with regards to Lopez and Sainsbury doesn't erase or make up for the mistakes made in not redeeming Rolando and Telles (and Ljajic).
    I'm merely teasing wera for claiming that we're gonna waste 11m on him just because there's an option available to exercise.

4. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, _OC_

Italy

Welcome Cedric Soares.

Our fullbacks department is really a porto di mare, a seaport.
    Vrsaljko may need a surgery and is currently stuck between Milan and Madrid.
    Cedric arrives from Southampton.
    Dalbert sails and goes to Marseille, no, wait, he's a beast and Spalletti still counts on him.
    D'Ambrosio stays on the right flank and Asamoah doesn't have to move to his natural midfielder role.
    Well, unless Darmian comes as a last minute buy in January, regardless of Cedric (according to creative newspapers); actually no, Darmian will come in June, when Conte's "Back 3" ship docks (according to malicious newspaper).
    Cancelo disappeared over the horizon.

Meanwhile, under Spalletti, D'Ambrosio is the constant and does what he can.
    Stepping up in crucial moments when needed (Genoa, Derby, Lazio, Fiorentina) is a bonus.

Welcome Cedric and good competition.

Fav. Player
    LM10
    Old name
    hansolo

Chile

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Because Kondogbia decided suddenly that he wants out and had everything settled with Valencia already. We decide to do loan swap thing to get something out of that deal by ourselves too. Option prices were set wrong though but that's just hindsight 20/20.
    with all due respect fuck off with that hindsight is 20/20 bs. that is the weakest excuse iv ever heard. our mgmnt gets competely rolled in negotiations, but hey, thats ok, we didnt expect anything form cancelo anyway... valencia was just way way smarter then our clowns, and somehow interisti like you are ok with that. if we did a better job back then we wouldnt be still struggeling today you lame fucks. oh well

after coutinho, cancelo, zaniolo and billion others im getting really tired to hear this hindsight excuse

7. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, DIN011, Wallace

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Welcome to your new prestige club!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Il nuovo Trent Sainsbury...
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

11. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    An article about Cedric from a Southampton fansite:

Good Luck Cedric !

We at the Ugly Inside would like to thank Cedric Soares for his contribution to Southampton Football Club and wish him well at Inter Milan at the end of the season.

Recent departures from St Mary's have been greeted too much by the phrase Good Riddance than Good Luck and Cedric's loan move to Inter Milan has seen it's fair share of negative comments.

The Portugese defender leaves on a loan deal to the end of the season with an option to buy for the Italian Club, it is being reported that Inter will pay £500 k up front as well as paying his wages and can then buy in the summer for an extra £10 million or so.

Given that Cedric is in the last 18 months of his contract this is a reasonable enough figure given that his reported value of £13.5 million will shorten in the last year of his contract.

Cedric has had some criticism both this season and last, yes at times he hasn't played well but then again nor have those around him in a defence that has not been settled in 2 1/2 seasons since his Portugese team mate Jose Fonte decided to concentrate on money and not football.

But it should be remembered that Cedric played a major part in his first season at the club although he did fall out with Ronald Koeman in the last month of the season, the following year he was first choice and not only played a big part in a team that although will not be remembered fondly still finished 8th. In that season he also played in the League Cup Final at Wembley.

Last season he was a regular when fit but often found himself exposed and the fans started to get on his back.

This season has seen him vilified by some but he has played most of the Premier League games including a scorcher of a goal against Manchester United and some decent performances both before and after the arrival of Ralph Hasenhuttl.

So he leaves the club after 3 1/2 seasons having started 101 Premier League games for the club plus another 3 as sub, on top of that he made another 14 starts and a sub appearance in the three cup competitions we contested in his time here, playing for the club 119 times.

During that time he was in the main a consistent player and his performances usually mirrored that of his team mates around him, he was no worse in the bad times than anyone else.

In truth you don't play that many times for a Premier League club without having something about you, he saw some good times and he saw some bad, but he always tried his hardest and deserves to move on to the next stage of his career with the best wishes of the Southampton supporters.
    https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...on/news/49553/

Italy

i guess this is the goal they are referring to, which begs a question: do we by any chance finally have someone who can take a set-piece?

(the video is mirrored, so he actually kicked the ball with the right foot).

My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

14. Thanks (1): MVD

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    i guess this is the goal they are referring to, which begs a question: do we by any chance finally have someone who can take a set-piece?

(the video is mirrored, so he actually kicked the ball with the right foot).

When this goal was scored, I seem to remember hearing that this was his first free-kick taken for the team, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

16. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Vitor Baía

Portugal

Forum Supporter
    Yeah, when I first saw that goal on the news the first thing I though was "when did Cedric start taking free kicks??"
    Last edited by Azul; 29 Jan 19 at 13:21.

18. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

-2:00

"im ready to go in every position, if he puts me as goalkeeper i will do it, if he puts me as striker i will do it"

Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

20. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, dax21, hitmax, MVD

Fav. Player
    Grande Inter

Bulgaria

22. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, dax21, MVD

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    "im ready to go in every position, if he puts me as goalkeeper i will do it, if he puts me as striker i will do it"

This is the type of player we need but of course higher quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti
    Old name
    Natasha

Macedonia

I met Zanetti, you suckers!

26. Thanks (1): DARi0

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Azul View Post
    Yeah, when I first saw that goal on the news the first thing I though was "when did Cedric start taking free kicks??"
    The bar for free kicks, and corner kicks takers at Inter is so low, so dont be surprised

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    This is the type of player we need but of course higher quality.
    after watching piatek against napoli i would try cedric instead icardi. Just to say: "we also have a new wordclass striker"

Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    I know someone asked about this illustration, yes we still do it.

Could some mod please edit the name of this thread? His name is Cédric, he obviously requested it on his shirt. Full name: Cédric Ricardo Alves Soares.

Welcome Cédric and good luck proving your worth!
    NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

30. Thanks (2): MVD, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

No, he won't even play, so why even have a thread for him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    IBRA,ADRI,CHINO

Finland

72 10 years of FIF
    That illustration reminds me awfully lot of Santon, thankfully real face is more like Sneijder with hair.
    "There are 2 great teams in Milan, Inter and Inter Primavera" - Peppino Prisco
    "Inter is a delightful disease which leaves everlasting scars" - Eugenio Bersellini

33. Thanks (1): Dylan