View Poll Results: Who is MOST at fault for Inter's performance this season?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spalletti

    18 42.86%
  • Management (Ausilio & co.)

    8 19.05%
  • The players

    16 38.10%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Who is MOST at fault for Inter's performance this season?

  1. #21
    phonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 May 18
    Posts
    820
    Thanked
    1,645 times
    Fav. Player
    Yung Bubby

    Austria

    Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    And how is everybody else performing? Things are not only relative to a previous year, but also relative to how others are performing this season.

    Also, let's not forget 6, very intense CL games, with more EL ones to come too.
    I personally don't see a problem analyzing Inter isolated from the other teams, but I will gladly give my opinion on this.

    I assume with "everybody else" you mean the clubs that are in direct competition with us for the CL spots, that would be Roma, Milan, Lazio and maybe Atalanta.

    Roma is definitely not as good as last season. Last season we were able to beat a better Roma side in their own stadium and we should have probably won the home game too. This season however things were a lot tougher against them despite them being inferior compared to 17/18. The 2-2 was a fair result imo. I conclude Roma is worse this season but so was our performance against them so I wouldn't say that we are better off now.

    Lazio was also better in the previous year than they are now. Our home game we drew, could have also been a loss and obviously we scrapped an incredibly lucky win on the last match day, I can't really say this was deserved but I aint complaining . Now if we look at 18/19 we had our best game of the season against them and we got knocked out off the Coppa a couple months later (if you want you could count this as a draw after 90 mins). So in the two games of in each season we have a win and a draw. Keep Lazios dip in form in mind- I would also say in this case that there is no improvement, at least result wise and this is what matters in the end.

    Milan before the winter mercato was pretty much as good as last seasons Milan, but they will surely accelerate now. Our stats were 1W-1D-1L (in the Coppa) in 17/18. Couldn't watch the Coppa game but the first derby was a deserved, yet close win. When we drew we also should have won had Icardi taken his chances. Also our close win this season was deserved. Not much has changed so I can't say we improved here.

    Atalanta is a stronger now than previously, can't deny that. From going 1W and 1D to getting shitmixed 4-1 a year later. Yet again relative to last season we come short once more since Atalanta is overall still not better than us.


    And the 6 CL games can't be an excuse in all honesty, especially for a team that wants to be in CL every year. Fitness shouldn't be such a great issue either because our squad has more depth now

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    THE FANS AND THE MEDIA HAVE BEEN INTER'S PROBLEMS NOT ONLY THIS SEASON BUT SINCE WE'VE BEEN IN THIS SHITHOLE.
    nah

  2. Thanks (1): MVD

  3. #22
    nerazzurri4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Jul 07
    Posts
    6,915
    Thanked
    10,211 times
    Fav. Player
    Mancini

    Trinidad & Tobago

    45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by phonk View Post
    I personally don't see a problem analyzing Inter isolated from the other teams, but I will gladly give my opinion on this.

    I assume with "everybody else" you mean the clubs that are in direct competition with us for the CL spots, that would be Roma, Milan, Lazio and maybe Atalanta.

    Roma is definitely not as good as last season. Last season we were able to beat a better Roma side in their own stadium and we should have probably won the home game too. This season however things were a lot tougher against them despite them being inferior compared to 17/18. The 2-2 was a fair result imo. I conclude Roma is worse this season but so was our performance against them so I wouldn't say that we are better off now.

    Lazio was also better in the previous year than they are now. Our home game we drew, could have also been a loss and obviously we scrapped an incredibly lucky win on the last match day, I can't really say this was deserved but I aint complaining . Now if we look at 18/19 we had our best game of the season against them and we got knocked out off the Coppa a couple months later (if you want you could count this as a draw after 90 mins). So in the two games of in each season we have a win and a draw. Keep Lazios dip in form in mind- I would also say in this case that there is no improvement, at least result wise and this is what matters in the end.

    Milan before the winter mercato was pretty much as good as last seasons Milan, but they will surely accelerate now. Our stats were 1W-1D-1L (in the Coppa) in 17/18. Couldn't watch the Coppa game but the first derby was a deserved, yet close win. When we drew we also should have won had Icardi taken his chances. Also our close win this season was deserved. Not much has changed so I can't say we improved here.

    Atalanta is a stronger now than previously, can't deny that. From going 1W and 1D to getting shitmixed 4-1 a year later. Yet again relative to last season we come short once more since Atalanta is overall still not better than us.


    And the 6 CL games can't be an excuse in all honesty, especially for a team that wants to be in CL every year. Fitness shouldn't be such a great issue either because our squad has more depth now

    - - - Updated - - -



    nah
    What about Napoli's performances? And Juve's? Now keep in mind, I'm more talking about performances, not just solely results.

    How can you say 6 CL games is meaningless? Especially 2 against Barca and Tottenham? Not just fitness wise, but mental?

    Saying more depth, I can then say, more injuries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

    “There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

  4. #23
    phonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 May 18
    Posts
    820
    Thanked
    1,645 times
    Fav. Player
    Yung Bubby

    Austria

    Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    What about Napoli's performances? And Juve's? Now keep in mind, I'm more talking about performances, not just solely results.

    How can you say 6 CL games is meaningless? Especially 2 against Barca and Tottenham? Not just fitness wise, but mental?

    Saying more depth, I can then say, more injuries.
    The performances against Napoli and Juve were good, would be stupid to say anything different. I only listed the teams that we actually compete with for the CL spot. I like how we turn up against the better teams but I can't say our overall performances are better now when the reality is that in most of the other games we look like a team that is close to getting relegated.

    Also I never said the CL games are meaningless, don't twist my words.

    And for the injuries: it doesn't appear to me that our squad is crippled by injuries most of the guys that would be in the starting eleven are fit usually. Roma and Napoli have been in CL for years and they don't complain about fitness yet still manage to qualify for the next year.

  5. Thanks (1): MVD

  6. #24
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    13,312
    Thanked
    7,509 times

    Vatican

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    I was gonna vote the thread starters but I can't seem to find that option.

  7. Thanks (3): Dylan, eduzee, wera

  8. #25
    Lui's Avatar
    Join Date
    25 Nov 13
    Posts
    1,400
    Thanked
    1,912 times
    Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

    Canada

    It felt like he was gone after bologna, but due dilligence from the directors probably figured that a new coach couldn't do much better so why pay 2 coaches? I truly believe that Nainggolan is key to our fortunes and if hes playing his game we have a solid 3rd place squad. Even with Vecino.

  9. Thanks (1): Devious

  10. #26
    Universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 Jan 09
    Posts
    19,617
    Thanked
    37,239 times
    Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

    South Korea

    89 Forum Supporter Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    What about Napoli's performances? And Juve's? Now keep in mind, I'm more talking about performances, not just solely results.

    How can you say 6 CL games is meaningless? Especially 2 against Barca and Tottenham? Not just fitness wise, but mental?

    Saying more depth, I can then say, more injuries.
    Bro I don't understand the point you're trying to make.

    I'm trying to analyse performances over results, as I always have. But why should our performances have anything to do with Napoli or juve's performances. When Napoli and juve have bad performances, they don't go 4 games without scoring from open play. They don't lose at home to 19th placed sides. You could argue that juve were in a 'dip in form' having been trashed and eliminated by Atalanta 3-0 then drawing at home to Parma 3-3 after wasting a 3-1 lead. But then they followed that up with a 3-0 away spanking of Sassuolo - a side we can't even score against let alone win.

    The 6 CL games, and the matches surrounding them, were just another microcosm of our season and our problematic inconsistency. This inconsistency has been completely visible and predictable when you watch our performances. We went on a great streak and then abruptly went into a slump of 2W, 4D and 3L in the end of the year, getting eliminated from the CL in the process.

    I remind you we had 6 points in 2 matches and then gathered 2 points from the remaining 4. Who cares if we weren't 'expected' to qualify. We were in a position to. It was in our hands and then we threw it away. Did you forget the disgraces in matchday 5 and 6 of the CL? I don't know how some people here are so lenient about that. That to me is a disgrace and a huge fucking issue. It's like submitting a resume to a highly competitive job you don't expect to get, then surprisingly getting invited to a job interview, and then pussying out and not fucking showing up. That's on you and you only. Tottenham got 8 points from those last 4 games btw. They're the guy who got rejected initially but got a last minute call and then dropped everything at a moments notice and ran there. They showed how much they wanted it, and took it.

    Starting off 2K19, we beat a Serie B side and then we went right back to 5 matches of dogshit with 1 goal scored from open play and 3 consecutive losses (I am counting that Coppa match as a loss) and got eliminated from another competition in the process, once again, at home, to inferior opposition. That is also, completely unacceptable.

    I feel like our last truly good performance was against Napoli, and even then we were a goal-line clearance away from losing.

    Other teams inconsistency is not an excuse for us or for Spalletti to be performing this badly. No one expects us to win and draw all our games. But what the fuck is 2 points out of 12 against Sassuolo and Torino? What the fuck is 5 games with 1 goal from open play? We've scored 5 goals in our last 9 league matches. What the fuck is that?
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


  11. #27
    nerazzurri4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Jul 07
    Posts
    6,915
    Thanked
    10,211 times
    Fav. Player
    Mancini

    Trinidad & Tobago

    45 10 years of FIF
    Uni...you guys are just microanalyzing everything.

    My point was, this is the season of "inconsistency"....ACROSS THE ENTIRE LEAGUE and quite frankly, across most of europe. That is my point. You guys make it seem like we're so much shit, yet we've collected enough points to still be 3rd. Think about that for a second. We are GROSSLY inconsistent (according to you), yet still have a 4pt cushion after 23 games (60% of the season). What does that say about how consistent Roma/Atalanta/Lazio/Milan are?

    The guy that you guys want here so badly (and i love him) has collected 1 more point than us through 23 games in his league (Simeone) with significantly better team and more spending. Lost some games spectacularly. Madrid was shit now catching some form. Tottenham has had ups and downs. Bayern....up and down. Barcelona...drawing games. Manu....shit and now in a good patch. Chelsea..no need to say anything there. Arsenal...up and down. Juve....lol...juve has played absolute shit football this season and by the grace of ronaldo and refs, they're collecting points. I mean, really, only Liverpool & City have been somewhat consistent across euro top leagues. Even PSG has been up & down.

    I'm not saying we're great. We may not even be much better than last season. I'm just not throwing some ridiculous tantrum around when the reality is, this is just how the season is playing across the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

    “There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

  12. Thanks (1): Handoyo

  13. #28

    Join Date
    08 Feb 19
    Posts
    30
    Thanked
    11 times
    Fav. Player
    Pirlo, Figo

    United States

    Oops!

    Currently Inter is third should we be closer to second? Maybe..whose to blame? Depending on the match I think you could blame anyone of poll candidates. Football is team sport so all are accountable!
    Last edited by Ethor; 12 Feb 19 at 16:10. Reason: Stupid spell check!

  14. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Besnik, Devious

  15. #29
    might be Deadpool wera's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Mar 11
    Posts
    19,795
    Thanked
    18,211 times
    Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

    South Korea

    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    I was gonna vote the thread starters but I can't seem to find that option.
    Just came here to say BRING BACK NYALL
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    I couldn't care less about the thanks on a football forum lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

  16. #30

    Join Date
    23 Jun 18
    Posts
    176
    Thanked
    303 times

    India

    Guess we should have added Just Icardi to the poll


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •