Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021

Thread: Inter - SK Rapid Wien (21 Feb 19)

England

fantastic win. perisic and 9gollan are really starting to improve

nice for vecino to grab a goal
    amazing for ranocchia to get a rewarding goal for his inter love and professioanlism

shame martinez did very little though

on to the draw. 33.33% chance of very hard, quite tough or very winnable ties by my calculations.

2. Thanks (1): firmino

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    Caressa is a joke, nothing more nothing less. Really wish Sky just kick him out and get Piccinini.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Bergomi was right about Inter needing Candreva there is a lot of football left and Keita and Icardi are out.
    If Sky get's Piccini i will start to watch games without volume
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

England

Tough draw but winnable. need skrinniar to put an end to jovic and rebic hot streak. someone make a match thread!

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    I never said all our different scorers is a result of Icardi not playing. Browha said that, not me. Lol.

I only named players who scored for us since Icardi stayed out of the team. It doesn't mean different scorers is a result of Icardi not playing, but other players have stepped up their game to fill Icardi's shoes.

So, now Sampdoria game wasn't a good game as well. LOL. nuff said.
    Samp game wasnt good though? We didn't play great football, it wasn't a notable improvement. Infact we had only one more shot vs samp than we did vs bologna, and less possession of the ball. So LOL nuff said isn't much of an arguement.
    All im saying here is we were hardly convincing against samp, just like against parma with icardi on the pitch we grindes the result out. Vs rapid, they are awful, so i wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet that we are a better rounded team without icardi as some will.

6. Thanks (2): Bergpavian, MVD

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    Samp game wasnt good though? We didn't play great football, it wasn't a notable improvement. Infact we had only one more shot vs samp than we did vs bologna, and less possession of the ball. So LOL nuff said isn't much of an arguement.
    All im saying here is we were hardly convincing against samp, just like against parma with icardi on the pitch we grindes the result out. Vs rapid, they are awful, so i wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet that we are a better rounded team without icardi as some will.
    Statistics do not give the full picture. We looked much more dangerous and creative against Sampdoria than Bologna. Icardi is in poor form and that is affecting the whole team. He blew up two 100% chances against Bologna. So, we are better team without him just now.

8. Thanks (1): firmino

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Statistics don't show shit.

All we've seen is that Perisic and Nainggolan perform better when Icardi is not around.

Skriniar is not playing better.
    de Vrij is not playing better.
    Handanovic is not doing better.
    D'Ambrosio is not playing better.
    Brozovic is still the same.
    Vecino is still the same crap.
    Candreva is good ol' Candreva.
    Lautaro is as active as usual.

The only difference is that Perisic has stepped up and that Nainggolan seems to have woken up. There's nothing overall team statistics can show about this. It's just that instead of only Icardi being a potent attacking force, we now have Perisic who had disappeared for several months.

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Statistics don't show shit.

All we've seen is that Perisic and Nainggolan perform better when Icardi is not around.

Skriniar is not playing better.
    de Vrij is not playing better.
    Handanovic is not doing better.
    D'Ambrosio is not playing better.
    Brozovic is still the same.
    Vecino is still the same crap.
    Candreva is good ol' Candreva.
    Lautaro is as active as usual.

The only difference is that Perisic has stepped up and that Nainggolan seems to have woken up. There's nothing overall team statistics can show about this. It's just that instead of only Icardi being a potent attacking force, we now have Perisic who had disappeared for several months.
    Our defence is working well. We have only conceded 17 goals, only 2 more than Juventus and it's second best in the league. Our problem is scoring goals as we have only got 34 goals, which is the worst in the top 6.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    Sampdoria was lucky to escape with 2-1.

You want some statistics?

vs Bologna:
    Goals: 0
    Shots on target: 3
    Shots off target: 9
    Corners: 6
    Ball possession: 62%

Bologna stats:
    Goals: 1
    Shots on target: 4
    Shots off target: 1
    Corners: 7
    Ball possession 38%

vs Sampdoria:
    Goals: 2
    Shots on target: 6
    Shots off target: 7
    Corners: 9
    Ball possession: 48%

Sampdoria stats:
    Shots on target: 2
    Shots off target: 5
    Corners: 5
    Ball possession: 52%

Yeah, we didn't do better vs Sampdoria because the shot you mentioned is and overall shots, but we did double on shots on target, resulting 2 goals from those. If Perisic and Lautaro were more clinical in their chances, it would be even a better story. We also had more corners. We have less ball possession vs Sampdoria but better result with it, that means we utilised our possession much more efficiently than vs Bologna. With only 38% possession, Bologna managed to get 4 shots on target and 1 of them ended as a goal, while we had 62% and managed only 3 shots on target. If your shot is not on target, it won't be a goal. This is just a simple analysis although statistic doesn't actually show much.

Well, there won't be much to debate if you choose to continue seeing only negative things. You will continue saying Sampdoria is a bad game and I think it was a better game in terms of game play, efficiency, team effort, etc.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

11. Thanks (1): Devious

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Don't fuck with a physician, he'll open up your billy leave a scissor inside and stitch you up.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

13. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    But Ed, you are only looking at our stats. Having those shots but only 48% possession means we were slightly more on the counter (which we were), which means there was more space to attack.

Samp created several, clear chances as well. So we can't look at only the chances we could've scored if we were clinical. What if Samp was more clinical?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

15. Thanks (1): Devious

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Stats may deceive you. We had almost same amount of shots vs Parma and Samp, but the match against Samp was much more entertaining.
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

17. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Our defence is working well. We have only conceded 17 goals, only 2 more than Juventus and it's second best in the league. Our problem is scoring goals as we have only got 34 goals, which is the worst in the top 6.

- - - Updated - - -

Sampdoria was lucky to escape with 2-1.

You want some statistics?

vs Bologna:
    Goals: 0
    Shots on target: 3
    Shots off target: 9
    Corners: 6
    Ball possession: 62%

Bologna stats:
    Shots on target: 4
    Shots off target: 1
    Corners: 7
    Ball possession 38%

vs Sampdoria:
    Goals: 2
    Shots on target: 6
    Shots off target: 7
    Corners: 9
    Ball possession: 48%

Sampdoria stats:
    Shots on target: 2
    Shots off target: 5
    Corners: 5
    Ball possession: 52%

Yeah, we didn't do better vs Sampdoria because the shot you mentioned is and overall shots, but we did double on shots on target, resulting 2 goals from those. If Perisic and Lautaro were more clinical in their chances, it would be even a better story. We also had more corners. We have less ball possession vs Sampdoria but better result with it, that means we utilised our possession much more efficiently than vs Bologna. With only 38% possession, Bologna managed to get 4 shots on target and 1 of them ended as a goal, while we had 62% and managed only 3 shots on target. If your shot is not on target, it won't be a goal. This is just a simple analysis although statistic doesn't actually show much.

Well, there won't be much to debate if you choose to continue seeing only negative things. You will continue saying Sampdoria is a bad game and I think it was a better game in terms of game play, efficiency, team effort, etc.
    No im not saying it was a bad game, you described there as better. Compared to vs Bologna yes it was better but it wasnt an impressive emphatic win. People are implying that our game play has improved simply because icardi isnt on, all im saying is it hasn't improved that much, we cant really take the rapid one as face value and i wouldn't be jumping to any conclusions just yet. If he is missimg for the next 4-5 games and we continue to improve and keep winning sure maybe we can think, but now its just too early.

19. Thanks (1): MVD