Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2734353637

Thread: Eintracht Frankfurt - Inter (7 Mar 19)

England

alright performance. annoying to miss pen but they should have had a stone wall and tested our keeper more so will take it. Dumbo is a shite defender.

Also politano must not be redeemed. 1 good game in 4 and useless in second halfs.

We need to win out right at home. We dont look like a team that can win europa but we need to at least try. Momentum can change at any time. need keita,9gollan back and hopefully icardi too.

2. Thanks (1): YoramG

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

if you see what other teams did like Siviglia and Arsenal, you understand that EL can be really annyoing and playing away against a uknown team is not always easy. And Eintracht is anyway not Beer Sheva or Dundelage, they are the best underdog team in EL this year.

2-3 years ago Manchester United won the EL thanks to their quality players. Winning EL is possible once you reached semifinal. The hardest opponents for me (at the moment) are Napoli and Chelsea. Maybe Villarreal too. So i would like to play against someone else for now, if we beat Frankfurt.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#InterIsGone

antijinx

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Spain

10 years of FIF
    Brozo-Perisic disgusting. I hope Brozo goes to merely a role player when Perisic leaves, has 0 leadership whatsoever.
    A role player, thats what he is, but our midfield is so shit that he looks god compared to Vecino-Valero etc..)

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    If Sevilla and Arsenal crash out of EL I hope we get someone like Rennes or Slavia in the quarterfinals. Agree that starting from semifinal it's effectively 50/50 for anyone,quarterfinal is the trickiest stage. Let's hope for miraculous showing next week at Meazza and then favourable draw next Friday. If Napoli gets Chelsea and Valencia gets Villarreal or Seville I will be ecstatic. Who knows, we can get troll wins with favourable draws all the way till the Baku final and then deservedly lose to Napoli and Chelsea who seem to be dominating this competition.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

6. Thanks (1): ElDuccio

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate View Post
    If Sevilla and Arsenal crash out of EL I hope we get someone like Rennes or Slavia in the quarterfinals. Agree that starting from semifinal it's effectively 50/50 for anyone,quarterfinal is the trickiest stage. Let's hope for miraculous showing next week at Meazza and then favourable draw next Friday. If Napoli gets Chelsea and Valencia gets Villarreal or Seville I will be ecstatic. Who knows, we can get troll wins with favourable draws all the way till the Baku final and then deservedly lose to Napoli and Chelsea who seem to be dominating this competition.
    or win against Napoli in the final.. who knows, final is only one game so it's not impossible. And we already won against Napoli this season. It's not easy, specialy because of our reduced team. But also not impossible.

What makes our team diffrent from others is for sure our defend. The only one who just fuck up too much is Dambrosio, he needs to wake up. The forward is sucking but with Keita we also have some good winger now. Perisic can be rested for Serie A.

edit: and of course Radja, he will be back too after the 1/8. Would be interesting to see

Keita --Lautaro--Politano -
    ----Radja Brozo Valero-
    -Asa - De Vrij - Skriniar - Dambro/Cedric
    -------------Handa--------
    Last edited by ElDuccio; 08 Mar 19 at 12:12.

#InterIsGone

antijinx

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    We dominated the first half and should have scored about 3 but Perisic managed to bungle two crosses and didn't play a through ball to Lautaro.

Second half I don't know wtf happened but the team broke down and we were lucky because D'Ambro (who had a terrible game) could have given them a penalty. Our full backs are becoming a major problem, oh well onto next week where we'll try to pass without a striker.

Credit to Inter being the only team not to concede at the same stadium, but at the same time I think we should have won this and Eintracht were overhyped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    I think Icardi's case is a bit difficult to tell, it depends if Marotta is going to apologise to Wanda.

If not, then we should convert Croatian Ronaldo to striker, watching the Portuguese Ronaldo playing there at times in Madrid, I'm confident the Croatian Ronaldo is also capable of playing there.
    You're on a roll today.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Tbh. this was not a penalty for me, the Frankfurt players arm was very wide. While our penalty was also not that clear. Lautaro is anyway inteligent to search a contact in this situation. He does not dive like Chiesa for example that immediately falls down without getting touched. As i always said, it's important to have someone like him that likes to search for a penalty or free kick.

#InterIsGone

antijinx

10. Thanks (1): InterFCAustin

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Lautaro dived bro. No doubt. It's disgraceful.

He should cut it out immediately because by next season, he will not be getting those calls (if he plays for Inter). He better learn to stay upright..
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    Lautaro dived bro. No doubt. It's disgraceful.

He should cut it out immediately because by next season, he will not be getting those calls (if he plays for Inter). He better learn to stay upright..
    there was a small contact, for me it's not a dive but maybe not enough for a penalty.

#InterIsGone

antijinx

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Football is a contact sport. There is contact all over the field between players.

Contact =/= foul

Lautaro made contact with the player then 'fell' over in a very embellished way. That's a dive bro. Unless, you're being hypertechnical and only calling a dive when there is zero contact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

14. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, Ed.

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    there was a small contact, for me it's not a dive but maybe not enough for a penalty.

Lautaro made that contact.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    Football is a contact sport. There is contact all over the field between players.

Contact =/= foul

Lautaro made contact with the player then 'fell' over in a very embellished way. That's a dive bro. Unless, you're being hypertechnical and only calling a dive when there is zero contact.
    yeah, for me a dive is when there is zero contact or just very very small contact.

But not like the one from Lautaro. You can call no penalty but also no dive tbh.

Something else: Inter overtakes 7 teams in the uefa ranking and has now 31.000 points. Could be important if we qualify for CL, id like to see us in the Pot 3 teams next season.

Here the italian teams places and points.

5) Juventus – 120.000 punti
    12) Roma – 81.000 punti
    14) Napoli – 79.000 punti
    38) Fiorentina – 39.000 punti
    39) Lazio – 37.000 punti
    45) Inter – 31.000 punti
    76) Milan – 19.000 punti

#InterIsGone

antijinx

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Lautaro is Latin American and these guys are good actors. Unpopular opinion but dives are integral part of today's sport, they work and it will be used in future too.

Dive for me is:

Lautaro just made sure this negligible contact became penalty.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate View Post
    Lautaro is Latin American and these guys are good actors. Unpopular opinion but dives are integral part of today's sport, they work and it will be used in future too.

Dive for me is:

Lautaro just made sure this negligible contact became penalty.
    or this:

#InterIsGone

antijinx

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Your first and second sentences kind of contradictory
    Yes it looks contradicting, but what I meant is if we had 3-4 key players of italian nationality it's more likely that other foreign players would try to merge with them and be more united rather than out-grouping with their countrymen or with those who speak same language. I understand when you are off the pitch you prefer hanging out with your fellow countrymen, but at Inter it looks like more than that. And when I say core players, I don't mean Ranochia, DDA, Candreva. They have to be really indispensable players, preferably from our own academy, but it's not happening any soon...

Having 3-4 key players with homegrown status is not something new, all the big clubs are practicing it as it's easier and more effective to deliver club's philosophy, values, visions thru local players.

There is a saying, I will try to translate it to English: In a bad house the guest will host. I hope you understand what I meant.
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    I'm dying to know what this is, he's a lucky charm?
    Walter Gagg was a UEFA director/executive (I don't know if he still is) and long-time Blatter aide.
    He also had a friendship with Facchetti and some sort of informal role as ambassador for Moratti and Inter.

Juventus fans elaborated a conspiracy theory according to which the Swiss was a powerful and shady "intermediary" between UEFA and referees to make sure that we had a favourable treatment in Europe. In their eyes, Gagg was the "longa manus" behind our CL win in 2010 (the penalty on Kalou!! and so on).

It's not uncommon to mention him ironically as a mockery to the Gobbi and their obsession, when needed. Basically a funny appropriation.

22. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, GenDire

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    In the words of Frank the owl: Who?
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

Fav. Player
    Icardi