Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Eintracht Frankfurt - Inter (7 Mar 19)

Malaysia

Five reasons why Eintracht Frankfurt can beat Inter Milan in the UEFA Europa League
    Eintracht Frankfurt are the last German club standing in the UEFA Europa League, but Adi Hütter's men have good reason to believe they can keep the Bundesliga flag flying all the way to the final in Baku, Azerbaijan, in May.

Standing between them and the quarter-finals are Italian giants Inter Milan, but allow bundesliga.com to explain why it is anything but a David vs. Goliath tie, with five reasons why the Eagles will continue flying in Europe…

1) Scariest front three in Europe

Don't just take our word for it – it is a fact! Frankfurt have scored 23 goals in the Europa League this season – more than any other club. With Luka Jovic the tournament's second-highest scorer with six, and Sebastien Haller just one behind on five, Hütter boasts some of the finest tools around for picking the lock to the last eight. Domestically, only four clubs in the whole of Europe have a three-man attack delivering more goals than Jovic, Haller and Ante Rebic, who have struck 32 times in the Bundesliga this season.

That company is quite illustrious too, with Paris Saint-Germain's Neymar-Edinson Cavani-Kylian Mbappe triumvirate, followed by Barcelona's Lionel Messi-Luis Suarez-Ousmane Dembele-inspired attack, and English clubs Liverpool and Manchester City. Italian clubs may be famed for the strength of their defences, but when you have such a potent front three, that is the least of Frankfurt's concerns.

2) Europe's form team

With seven wins and one draw, the unbeaten Eagles boast the best record of any club in Europe this season. The only blot on their otherwise shiny white copybook was their 2-2 draw at Shakhtar Donetsk – where they led twice. They flexed their muscles in the return leg, though, with a 4-1 win completing a 6-3 aggregate triumph to ensure they remain Europe's form team, together with last season's beaten finalists Salzburg. Inter, on the other hand, were beaten by Tottenham Hotspur and Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League group stage.

3) Hütter warming hearts

When Niko Kovac defected to Bayern Munich after leading Frankfurt to DFB Cup glory last season, and one of their key individuals Kevin-Prince Boateng left the nest, there was no lack of concern that the Eagles had landed. In came Hütter, fresh from breaking FC Basel's eight-year dominance of Swiss football with Young Boys, for his first experience of German football after having also won the Austrian Bundesliga. Following elimination from the cup in the first round, Frankfurt were 15th after winning just one of their first five Bundesliga fixtures.

Fast-forward five months and Frankfurt are again knocking on the door of European football next season with a flowing brand of football that is earning them widespread acclaim, at home and in Europe. Hütter made a name for himself in Austria and Switzerland for this entertaining, attacking philosophy and, after the initial teething problems, Frankfurt are once again flying. Over in Milan, on the other hand, Luciano Spalletti continues to divide opinion and a recent blip in form saw doubts raised about his future at the Nerazzurri: stability vs. instability.

4) History on their side

Frankfurt have already proven this season that they can get the better of Serie A opposition, cruising to a 4-1 win at home to Lazio before beating Inter's league rivals 2-1 in their own Stadio Olimpico. Furthermore, they beat Napoli 1-0 home and away in the 1994/95 UEFA Cup, although they did then lose out to eventual finalists Juventus. That 3-0 defeat to the Bianconeri was, however, their one and only loss in six meetings with Serie A opposition, with four wins and a draw completing an impressive record against Italian sides. History, it would appear, is also on Frankfurt's side.

5) Frankfurt's solid defence

Contrary to appearance, Frankfurt's game is not purely about attacking and scoring goals. They also have a particularly solid defence – the fourth-meanest in the Bundesliga and the Europa League to be precise. Makoto Hasebe's transformation from midfielder to defensive lynchpin has given his career a new lease of life, while Martin Hinteregger, David Abraham and Evan N'Dicka have ensured only around a third of the goals Frankfurt's watertight rearguard have conceded this season have come down the middle, with the rest coming from wing play.

That will not be good news for Inter, who are heavily reliant on a single central striker in a 4-2-3-1 formation – Mauro Icardi up until when he was scrapped of the club captaincy earlier this month, and summer signing Lautaro Martinez since. Danny Da Costa will have no qualms about marking former Wolfsburg man Ivan Perisic or Matteo Politano either, having established himself as one of the brightest wing-backs in the division, and a candidate for national team duty.

So while there may have been a few sighs when Inter's name came out of the urn in Nyon, Frankfurt have no reason to fear the 2010 UEFA Champions League winners who, since then, have struggled to make headlines in Europe.

Oh, and did we forget to mention that Frankfurt are the best-supported club in Europe, with a vociferous 12th man travelling with them around Europe and set to make San Siro sound like the Commerzbank Arena?

Enough said.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundes...ague-3467-2583
    wow, who write this? a Milanista?
    sorry for my bad English

Fav. Player
    Facchetti

United States

Fuck you mean struggled to make headlines. Stripping our captain of his armband over his wife's comments on a TV show, provoking the former-captain to refuse to travel to games isn't headline-worthy?

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

Does anyone know when the tickets for the away sector will be available?

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    Their defence looked very shaky against Shakhtar in their last Europa match so I expect goals from us.
    Spoiler: text 

5. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Maybe that's for the bullshit thread but I called my friend in Frankfurt and he was - 7th of March, oh right, I'm flying to Madrid for a couple of days just then... Fuck me, most probably won't attend as it makes a lot less sense now, I could just fly to Milan, it'd be cheaper.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    Maybe that's for the bullshit thread but I called my friend in Frankfurt and he was - 7th of March, oh right, I'm flying to Madrid for a couple of days just then... Fuck me, most probably won't attend as it makes a lot less sense now, I could just fly to Milan, it'd be cheaper.
    No way...

I just bought a frog and crocodile costume...

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Materazzi_23 View Post
    No way...

We'll use those in due time.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Materazzi_23 View Post
    No way...

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post

We'll use those in due time.
    Until then I might join you guys

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Serbia

Gacinovic was impressive in Rome against Lazio.

I hope that our tactics will be way better than theirs, our defence way better than theirs and that this will decide the tie.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Look to be honest, this will be big scoring game. Especially in Milan. Their defence is laughable at times in that video.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    History on their side? We won this three times bitches.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    History on their side? We won this three times bitches.
    yeah i couldn't stop myself from laughing when i read that. not to mention the champion leagues.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

14. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, thatdude, Toninu

Macedonia

There are going to be around 13.500 away fans at the san siro to support Frankfurt by the way. It shows the importance of this game for them.

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Bundes teams have crazy attendance, I don't think those numbers alone mean the game is of any added significance to them. Eintracht's average attendance is like 49k and their stadium holds 51.5k (of which 9.3k standing)...
    — Massimo Moratti

17. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, J.., MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Part of that is because Bundesliga ticket prices are generally more affordable than you'll find in most places in Europe.

19. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kova10 View Post
    There are going to be around 13.500 away fans at the san siro to support Frankfurt by the way. It shows the importance of this game for them.
    Nah, they're just going everywhere.

Fav. Player
    L'Imperatore
    Old name
    Hadrian

Estonia

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    no matter what corner of the world I find myself in, I inevitably hear some tall-ass person speaking German
    "I don't think drugs are the problem."

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Kova10 View Post
    Don't get why we let them bring so many. (I know in money terms it's good but come on!)

There will also be Atalanta fans with them.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Spain

10 years of FIF
    11111112222.png

Going with Frankfurt dudes.
    They pay 2.75 for every euro. Totally recommend.

24. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, eduzee

Fav. Player
    sdv,skri,epic

Ukraine

Inter might surprise you because you made a bid against 'em. Last time it was a Parma away game.

Think it's a value bet though.