View Poll Results: Would you support hiring Conte to replace Spalletti?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

57 64.04%
  • No

32 35.96%
Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 162324252627282936 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Conte

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Doesn't that make Klopp and Pochettino lesser than Tier 1.5 too?
    Don't know about Pochettino, but Klopp is clearly Tier 1. No, you are right, Ancelotti might deserve to be there, but so does Conte.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

2. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Don't know about Pochettino, but Klopp is clearly Tier 1. No, you are right, Ancelotti might deserve to be there, but so does Conte.
    How does Conte deserve to be there? With that abysmal European record? Let's put Mancini there too. Won more and has been better in Europe.

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

How does Conte deserve to be there? With that abysmal European record? Let's put Mancini there too. Won more and has been better in Europe.
    I really imagine Mancini reaching the 1/4 CL final with Matri, De Sceglie, Peluso and Padoin, sure.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Netherlands

Roberto Mancini hasn't made it past the R16 in a European competition since 2006.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Where comes this bullshit that Klopp needs 3-5 years. Let me resume:
    In his first year (actually half-year, he came late October) he went to EL final and Community Shield final.
    In his complete second year he made fucking CL final.
    In his 3rd year another fucking CL final.

7. Thanks (1): Kakaroto

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Roberto Mancini hasn't made it past the R16 in a European competition since 2006.
    Antonio Conte in Europe: 14W, 10X, 7L ->45% win rate.
    Roberto Mancini in Europe: 56W, 30X, 33L -> 47% win rate.

Since the timeline may be unfair to Conte, but since Conte has been in management for 13 seasons, you can compare that to Mancio's first 13 seasons. And apparently that just leaves out his Zenit record from last season of 8W, 2X, 4L, giving him about the same win % as Conte, though slightly higher (45.7% Mancini vs 45.1% Conte), but even so, Conte's sample in Europe is rather poor to be compared to Mancini.

Both have reached the EL/Uefa Cup semis. Coincidentally, it was during both's second European competitions participation.

As for Champions League only.

Antonio Conte: 9W, 8X, 6L -> 39% win rate, always representing the domestic Champion.
    Roberto Mancini: 25W, 16X, 20L -> 41% win rate, representing the domestic Champion 4 times out of 8 participations. One of those champions was the Turkish one, where he also reached the last 16, eliminating Juventus - managed by Antonio Conte - from the Group Stage.

So yes, I think my statement is rather accurate. Conte is no guarantee, no upgrade and nothing special as a manager. I'd rather have Roberto Mancini back. At least I know that if you give him enough money he can take you out of the CL groups. And I never really rated Mancini.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by andrei View Post
    In his first year (actually half-year, he came late October) he went to EL final and Community Shield final.
    That is mostly based on his Dortmund tenure. He took them in a bad moment for them but it took him 3 years to win the title and actually the same amount of time to reach the Champions League as he was finishing 5th and 6th.
    Also, the transiton from German to English football is much smoother than from either to Italian.

9. Thanks (1): qb4ever_2k

Fav. Player
    Lord Bendtner

Slovenia

When Inter will be able to spend 200M in one transfer window then I believe we will also perform much better. Just look at this spendings from Klopp in the last 3 seasons.

Van Dijk 85M
    Alisson 62M
    Keita 60M
    Fabinho 45M
    Salah 42M
    Mane 41M
    Oxlade - Chamberlain 38M
    Wijnaldum 28M

Fav. Player
    fuck em all

Serbia

we need mino here asap.. im sure he has something to say in conte's favour.. just to make this debate more funny

also, id rather keep spalo because i dont think conte is an upgrade, but i would like im wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post
    Extremely shit.
    Like so shit that if you took a shit on a toilet it would look like him.

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

Antonio Conte in Europe: 14W, 10X, 7L -> 45% win rate.
    Roberto Mancini in Europe: 56W, 30X, 33L -> 47% win rate.
    Just wanted to add Luciano Spalletti here as well: 57W, 23X, 35L -> 49% win rate. Actually beats the other two
    But his CL run is quite bad: 22W, 14X, 21L -> 38% win rate which is also pretty much his losing rate. It's slightly worse than Conte's winning rate in the competition (38.5% vs 39.1%)

For more comparions of the sort:

Carlo Ancelotti:120W, 45X, 46L -> 56.9% win rate. [88W, 35X, 36L in CL -> 55.3% win rate]

Massimiliano Allegri: 40W, 26X, 22L -> 45% win rate [all Champions League]

Maurizio Sarri: 26W, 5X, 9L -> 65% win rate [7W, 2X, 7L in CL -> 44% win rate]

Eusebio Di Francesco: 13W, 6X, 11L -> 43% win rate [10W, 2X, 8L -> 50% win rate]

Walter Mazzarri: 21W, 12X, 12L -> 46% win rate [4W, 2X, 2L ->50% win rate]

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Quote Originally Posted by IM21 View Post
    When Inter will be able to spend 200M in one transfer window then I believe we will also perform much better. Just look at this spendings from Klopp in the last 3 seasons.

Van Dijk 85M
    Alisson 62M
    Keita 60M
    Fabinho 45M
    Salah 42M
    Mane 41M
    Oxlade - Chamberlain 38M
    Wijnaldum 28M
    Allison, Keita and Fabinho came this year. he made CL final last year also. And if you take in consideration what they receive from Coutinho, Benteke and other, Klopp made CL final with 0 net spending (actually is a small positive balance).
    And you can check on Transfermarkt, since Klopp came to Liverpool, they have smaller net spending than Inter.

- - - Updated - - -

And by the way: Dortmund tenure. Dortmund was in financial shit. He cannot buy any "expensive" player.
    All of them were actually kids. Of course you need 2-3 years to develop them. It's not the same Dortmund from now who could buy without problems a 30-40m player.

15. Thanks (1): ForzaNerazzurro

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

This is his 4th year.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

17. Thanks (2): Bluenine, MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    Close this thread.
    Awaiting the start of our youth project.

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by IM21 View Post

Van Dijk 85M
    Alisson 62M
    Keita 60M
    Fabinho 45M
    Salah 42M
    Mane 41M
    Oxlade - Chamberlain 38M
    Wijnaldum 28M
    7/8 players there could be considered successes (Keita and Fabinho are moderate ones but have started to perform well). That is incredible, irrespective of the price paid.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

20. Thanks (1): andrei

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    Close this thread.
    and open a new one in players and coaches
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

22. Thanks (2): Lionheart, MVD

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF

Conte + Lele sounds good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    Media reporting that Conte is ready to sign contract with us and that he is only waiting to be 100% sure that Juve won't call him up. Frankly, this is really pissing me off. Inter is not supposed to be some kind of consolation prize, especially when true Interista (Mou) is practically almost begging at our door.

Fuck Juventus scum and fuck Conte honestly.
    "Media" sounds vague. Check the source - is it a Turin based publisher? Don`t believe everything you read my friend, some gobbi are trying to mess with your mind.

According to Sky Sport, Inter and Antonio Conte have reached an agreement for the Italian to be the next coach of the Nerazzurri. The Lecce-born coach has said yes to Suning and he is not waiting for a call from Juventus, unlike what has been rumored in recent days. Contract details are still unconfirmed but it is likely that Conte will sign a three-year deal worth in the vicinity of Ä9M per season.

We have to wait a bit more for the announcement because the focus right now must be making the Champions League.

Conte has made some considerations in terms of the current team and how to build upon it for next season and he will have the opportunity to talk about it with Suning during his trip to China. His point of reference will be Gabriele Oriali who has asked to continue with the national team until June to respect the next two games that he has.

After Italy-Bosnia on June 11th, he will be welcomed again by the Inter family.

#RiPrendiRafinha + #PrendiNicolÚBarella

NULLA … IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

24. Thanks (2): dax21, kurt0411

Fav. Player
    Perisic

United States

86 FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Conte is an excellent manager and we would be extremely lucky to get him. I think most of you are insane if you suggest otherwise. Every manager has something you can pick apart and question. If you don't like Conte's European record, what about Ancelotti's Serie A record? 13.5 Serie A seasons...1 Serie A title. And this was after managing Parma, Juve, Milan and Napoli. All of them were top teams in the league at the time he was there. It is not like he spent 5 seasons at a mid-table team.

In my opinion winning the league shows the strength of a manager more than winning the CL or any other style of tournament. In a league everyone plays the same exact schedule. In a tournament, it could be luck of the draw (think about some of the groups drawn). A team can get hot and win a bunch of games in a row. Winning a league requires the manager to keep his team focused for 10 months!

Ancelotti also failed to win the league with PSG in 2011-12, even though he took over with the team sitting in first place. Zero La Liga titles as well. His struggles in the league would scare me much more than Conte's struggles in Europe.

Venezuela

Conte's titles with Rube are meaningless, the first two were gifted to him and then just by being champions it was much easier to attract great players and their real competition was in complete disarray.

I don't credit Mancini for his titles with us, much less I'm going to credit Conte.
    "Si chiamerŗ Internazionale, perchŤ noi siamo fratelli del mondo"

"It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world"

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Quote Originally Posted by Sqnalkel View Post
    Conte's titles with Rube are meaningless, the first two were gifted to him and then just by being champions it was much easier to attract great players and their real competition was in complete disarray.

I don't credit Mancini for his titles with us, much less I'm going to credit Conte.
    Ah, you are the brother of Brehme!

28. Thanks (1): ElDuccio

Kuwait

Buy Atal
    Swap Icardi for Koke / Saul + Cash
    Buy Zapata
    Buy SMS

Handanovic
    De Vrij - Godin - Skriniar
    Atal - Nainggolan - Brozovic - Koke - Asamoah
    Sergej
    Zapata

Needless to say once again sell:
    Perisic
    Mario
    Gabigol
    Vecino
    Candreva

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio
    Old name
    ForzaKovacic

Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by El Matador View Post

Handanovic
    De Vrij - Godin - Skriniar
    Atal - Nainggolan - Brozovic - Koke - Asamoah
    Sergej
    Zapata
    What an absolute disaster of a formation.
    ďA good performance, I donít know if we are talking about one point gained or two points lost. But the team did what it had to do."
    Luciano Spalletti on Udinese(17th) - Inter 0 - 0

"We were playing well, and then it started to rain."
    -Walter Mazzarri

31. Thanks (1): DARi0