View Poll Results: Would you support hiring Conte to replace Spalletti?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

57 64.04%
  • No

32 35.96%
Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 364344454647484956 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Conte

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I think the issue with Sarri is even if he is good enough coach to win things that his style of football requires a long adaptation period. So if he goes to any team I expect they would struggle for quite a while. I'm not really a fan of Conte either, but we at least have good center backs for a back three
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

I agree. But if one of the 3 good CBs gets injured or suspended, we're left with Rano. Sure, we can switch back to 4 at the back but I think if Conte comes we'll be in the market for another CB.
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    10 million for a coach that won’t make us champions league contender, with a low transfer budget, shitty roster except for 4-5 players, won’t put us anywhere near Juve and isn’t good with youth players

Seems like a bad idea
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    You can't sell me that this Napoli squad was someone elevated by Sarri when it lost one of it's best players (and Sarri), and then managed to have almost an identical season under Ancelotti. Koulibaly is one of the five best CBs in the world. Insigne was the best winger in Italy before Ronaldo arrived. Have they really missed Sarri whatsoever this season? Or have they missed losing two of their three best midfielders?

I'm not arguing that Insigne and Koulibaly are somehow on the same level as Totti and De Rossi, but keep in mind the level of competition Spalletti faced was superior (sincerely, the greatest Italian club team ever assembled possibly). And even then, Spalletti still took it down to the last weekend against us in 2010.

If we're doing the whole "tiers of Italian managers" argument, my tiers are as follows:

Tier 1: Ancelotti, Mazzarri (kidding obvs.)
    Tier 2: Conte, Allegri
    Tier 3: Spalletti, Sarri, Mancini
    I think Sarri has clear limits, but it seems a tad harsh to say Ancelotti had an identical season. Ancelotti's Napoli have not really challenged Juventus for the title and will finish about 10 points worse off. Fair point on the loss in form/departures of key players though.

5. Thanks (4): ADRossi, MVD, SiamoNoi, thatdude

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Napoli was 2 wins against Juventus from winning the Scudetto this season. They lost both games, unjustly. Do we need to look back and see the manner of the first defeat? Non-existent red card on the fucking goalkeeper early on as Cristiano took a dive right outside the box and Pjanic converted the FK.

In the second game a draw would have been a more fair result, but the ref had to make sure that Napoli wasn't becoming a threat and helped Juventus with some minor, yet extremely important gifts, as those are the ones that irritate the players the most. The 'big' ones get them pumped and increase their drive more often than not on the other hand.

When you account the robbery that Napoli experienced at Sampdoria before collapsing and all the gifts that Juventus had throughout the year, especially at the beginning of the season, Napoli had a very solid season and could have won the league if kt wasn't tainted by Juventino controversy.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

7. Thanks (1): ForzaNerazzurro

Venezuela

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Napoli was 2 wins against Juventus from winning the Scudetto this season. They lost both games, unjustly. Do we need to look back and see the manner of the first defeat? Non-existent red card on the fucking goalkeeper early on as Cristiano took a dive right outside the box and Pjanic converted the FK.

In the second game a draw would have been a more fair result, but the ref had to make sure that Napoli wasn't becoming a threat and helped Juventus with some minor, yet extremely important gifts, as those are the ones that irritate the players the most. The 'big' ones get them pumped and increase their drive more often than not on the other hand.

When you account the robbery that Napoli experienced at Sampdoria before collapsing and all the gifts that Juventus had throughout the year, especially at the beginning of the season, Napoli had a very solid season and could have won the league if kt wasn't tainted by Juventino controversy.

That's just excuses man, Rube won all of their recent titles cleanly.

Don't you know Conte is totally an amazing coach.
    "Si chiamerą Internazionale, perchč noi siamo fratelli del mondo"

"It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world"

PNG

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

I hate Juve as much as anyone here but Napoli are 11 points behind Juve, we are 24 and tbh it should be even wider given the quality of the teams.

This bitching about refs is an excuse and distraction for Inter and other teams so they can keep buying mediocre Serie A crap like De Paul and Gagliardini and shift blame for their lack of success to non-sensical things like referees and the evil FIGC. Rather than address the very real issue of their teams being significantly inferior to Juve's in every single way.

Inter fans shouldn't utter a single word about referees and not winnning, when Inter has midfielders like Gagliardini, Vecino, and Valero, or attackers like Candreva, Politano or Perisic.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Enough! I saw the first game and Juventus hammered them. Napoli was better in the first minutes when they scored. After that Juventus was all over them. Absolutely deserved win for Juventus.

Old name
    Inter-Nazi-Onale

United States

What’s the fucking point on arguing Conte’s appointment if it’s a near certainty he’s taking over? How about discussing things such as formations, tactics, personnel etc etc. It’s happening and there’s nothing anyone on this forum can do about it.
    ------------Milito.
    Pandev-----Sneijder-----Eto'o.
    ------Motta--Cambiasso.
    Zanetti-Samuel-Lucio-Maicon.
    -----------Julio Cesar.

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    Sarri never won shit in his life...lmao

Rube can have him
    Who cares.He was recognized only few years ago.There is a time for him.His football is future,not that one that Conte prefers.If club want to install some football culture then coaches like Sarri are the right choices.This years CL is a example what is the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    If we're doing the whole "tiers of Italian managers" argument, my tiers are as follows:

Tier 1: Ancelotti, Mazzarri (kidding obvs.)
    Tier 2: Conte, Allegri
    Tier 3: Spalletti, Sarri, Mancini
    Allegri,Sarri
    Conte,Ancelotti
    Spalletti
    Mancini

Dont care about past.I mean right now.

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Chelsea under Sarri are nothing special...they had difficulty with Eintracht with a better squad than we have/had in EL.I just don't see Sarri's mentality a winning one...the football is supposed to be sexy to watch,is at times...but he folds in key moments
    At Inter Sarri would get lost in a couple of months...We don't have players for his brand at all...
    Conte's football is pragmatic...he wants to win as soon as possible...and Suning want that too as well...they seem to be tired of falling behind Rube...that's how I see it. Suning want Scudo as fast as possible...CL is just a bonus to get in for the luxury and cash.

14. Thanks (2): MVD, Stefan

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Croatia

Yeah,we want to win as soon as possible last nine years.And here we are...

Sad.

So...I understand this and I can agree:
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    At Inter Sarri would get lost in a couple of months
    But I count that as a problem of Inter,not problem of Sarri.

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post
    I hate Juve as much as anyone here but Napoli are 11 points behind
    2004-05:
    Juventus 86
    Third place Inter 72. Milan had 79

2005-06, pre-Calciopoli decision:
    Juventus 91
    Milan 88
    Inter 76 and all we talked about was how Mancini sucked...

So please, enough with the excuses of the fucking tainted league table.

Conte uomo di merda

PNG

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    2004-05:
    Juventus 86
    Third place Inter 72. Milan had 79

2005-06, pre-Calciopoli decision:
    Juventus 91
    Milan 88
    Inter 76 and all we talked about was how Mancini sucked...

So please, enough with the excuses of the fucking tainted league table.
    So keep living in the past then.. Are you going to blame Juve, and the refs for why both Milan clubs had their worst seasons in Europe in nearly 20 years too?

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post
    So keep living in the past then.. Are you going to blame Juve, and the refs for why both Milan clubs had their worst seasons in Europe in nearly 20 years too?
    What relation is there with Inter & Milan sucking and Juventus cheating? Why is that mutually exclusive in your mind?

Conte uomo di merda

19. Thanks (1): ForzaNerazzurro

Canada

How exactly were Napoli 2 wins away against Juve from winning the Scudetto? Juve's losses against Genoa and SPAL came from resting the entire team which they would have not done if it was closer. Also, no way would they drop points at home against Torino if they had something to play for.

I agree the Meret red card was bullshit but Napoli did get a gift penalty in the same game and missed.

21. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, SiamoNoi, wera

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Conte/Mou coming in is 1 good news to us,at least it means that we are ready to splurge because there is no way they are coming in without big budget; whether or not we are going to spend wisely is another thing.

23. Thanks (1): ForzaNerazzurro

Fav. Player
    LM10
    Old name
    hansolo

Chile

I hope we can still get Mourinho. Im not liking these names the papers are connecting us to with Conte. I understand Marotta wants Conte but it goes against everything we were able to build with Spalleti. Possession play, build from the back, the 433/etc. The foundation has been layed out, we should be building on it. It is straight up idiotic to change it all up for another one of Agnelli's agents.

I hope people are aware how powerful and cooked out this agnelli family really is. There is no chance for us, especially with Marotta. Even without Marotta it would be hopeless. We need another calciopoli to win again and that is the cold truth. Oh well

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Doffy View Post
    I hope we can still get Mourinho. Im not liking these names the papers are connecting to Conte at all. I dont like Conte either, I understand Marotta wants him but it goes against everything we were able to build with spalleti. Possession play, build up from the back, 433. The foundation has been layed out, it is retarded to change it all up for another one of agnelli's agents.
    I hope so too, Mourinho should be the more obvious choice and if anyone says he's finished let's not forget man utd finished second last season and won EL the previous season.

I disagree with your comment about what we were able to build with Spalletti, as far as I'm concerned the only thing he's built is cross and fuck off.

26. Thanks (1): ForzaNerazzurro

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Mancini has how many titles with us and gave Man city their 1st title. Also Mourinho tremble team was Mancinis team

You guys def don’t give him enough credit

As for Italian coaches it’s Anchelotti and everyone is 5 steps below him.

I would like a younger coach as no one will guarantee us a title or a fight with Juve unless we drop crazy money
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

28. Thanks (2): Bluenine, Candreva Crosses