Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Conte

Poland

What would be the goal with either Mou or Conte for 19/20 season anyway? Is it to challange Juve for the tittle, are we even remotly close to that with our current team, if not how much can it be improved over one summer? If scudetto is not realistc goal, maybe we should keep Spaletti for one more season.

Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    We are not even remotely close. We need AT LEAST one stable season where we can get to CL spot with ease and build on the foundation of that season's team for the next season. This season is a almost like a catastrophe when it comes to team foundation. We have maybe half of our starting XI who will continue next season there. Handa, Skri, De Vrij, Asamoah, Brozo, Nainggolan. Well that was half and I included Nainggolan who isn't even 100% certainty for starting XI, everything depends on the coach.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    We're not that far from competing for the Scudetto.

Three things are needed.

1) Captain obvious says we need to upgrade our team, namely the [central] midfield and polish the rest of the roster (wings).
    2) We need a mental boost.
    3) We need to ensure that we are protected from FIGC and any "weird" results.

#1 can be fixed with a sound transfer policy and a good enough budget.
    #2 can be fixed with a manager that will provide that. Since it's this kind of thread, Antonio Conte isn't the answer here.
    #3 can be handled with a strong willed ownership/management.

We can fix that in the summer. Or we can take the wrong exit and need 4 more summers to reach another 'year 0'.

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post

Three things are needed.

1) Captain obvious says we need to upgrade our team, namely the [central] midfield and polish the rest of the roster (wings).

#2 can be fixed with a manager that will provide that. Since it's this kind of thread, Antonio Conte isn't the answer here.

We can fix that in the summer. Or we can take the wrong exit and need 4 more summers to reach another 'year 0'.
    only way we are winning scudetto anytime soon is if jube crumbles like we did in 2011, everything else is wishful thinking.
    Even with super rich owners you will need couple of mercatos to sort this shit out, because as it stands now only 2 or 3 players we have are good enough to be in a scudetto winning team, or competing for it for that matter.

So yeah...I dont even know why the fuck am i writing this right know its so obvious....i guess i got offended by that not so far remark

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Report: Roma start Conte talks
    By Football Italia staff

Roma have reportedly begun negotiations with Antonio Conte to take over as Coach next season, having also been linked with Inter and Milan.

The tactician is currently in the middle of a legal battle with his former club Chelsea, claiming he is owed up to €10m, which the Premier League club have no intention of paying.

Conte has long been linked with a return to Serie A, as the ex-Juventus boss is known to be on the radar of both Inter and Milan.

Now Il Tempo and La Repubblica newspapers claim Roma have made the first formal contact with Conte to discuss potential terms.

The Giallorossi fired Eusebio Di Francesco last month and brought in Claudio Ranieri are caretaker for the rest of the campaign.
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Without any prejudice, can someone help me understand why some are saying that Conte did better for Juve than Allegri?

Sure he got them to start winning when they weren't, and did that with worse players than Allegri has. But Allegri has made them so much more efficient, they play better football, they are more versatile and play different formations (433, 4231, 343) based on the players available. More importantly under Allegri they reached CL finals twice, and only lost to Real last year under a dramatic scenario. Conte was just poor in CL.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

8. Thanks (3): Sqnalkel, Ziyad, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

They did two different jobs, basically, as you have explained. So it's hard to compare them.

Conte's record in Europe was certainly quite poor, even compared to what he was working with.

I'm more interested in Conte since he might become our new coach.

He could get us close to winning the league, but actually winning it next season would be nothing short of a miracle, the gap between us and first position is huge.

I wouldn't expect too much when it comes to the cups.

I'm not sure he's worth the gigantic wages we would have to pay him (maybe not 10, but no less than 7 mil per season, that's for sure).

Besides, we would have to change the game plan.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post

Three things are needed.

We have no fucking chance to challange for the scudetto next season. There is a huuuge difference between us and Juve. And cannot be closed in one windows.
    Maybe from 2020-2021 we may have a chance. With 2 good transfer windows. Every fucking important move we make this summer must be made to be able to compete against Juventus starting in 2020. In other words not spending a big part of the transfer budget on players who will not be at least the same or not better from 2020 on (N9 is an example).

12. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    Between Spalletti and Conte, I would choose Conte.
    Even though I am not a fan of Conte and would rather have someone else.

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by andrei View Post
    We have no fucking chance to challange for the scudetto next season. There is a huuuge difference between us and Juve. And cannot be closed in one windows.
    Maybe from 2020-2021 we may have a chance. With 2 good transfer windows. Every fucking important move we make this summer must be made to be able to compete against Juventus starting in 2020. In other words not spending a big part of the transfer budget on players who will not be at least the same or not better from 2020 on (N9 is an example).

We can definitely compete with Juve next year (it doesn't necessarily mean winning Scudetto, but having a good scrap for 1st place, like what Napoli did a year ago). Despite Juve being overwhelming favourite, there's that thing called motivation and repletion with victories. Their core is getting older, Chiellini, their world-class CB is becoming old and injury-prone, anyone else of their CBs, Bonucci, Rugani are nothing special. Barzagli is semi-retired. They even lost Benatia and got Caceres. They have to invest on new CBs, otherwise they risk big time. We have relatively young CB pair who are both better than Rugani and Bonucci and will be in their prime for next 5 years.

That being said, their full-backs, except De Sciglio who's worse than our Dumbo, are all very good. But still we can catch up with them in the defence department which is most important thing in calcio.

CR7 is a freak of nature and even being 40 he would still would like to win everything and score in every match but everybody else from their squad are mere humans and constant Scudetto trophies quickly become repetitive. Mandzukic is riding towards sunset boulevard, Matuidi, Khedira are very mature footballers and these players are the backbone of their team. Next year (2020) Juventus will have to rebuild their squad massively in order not to fall behind and they would obviously suffer from team chemistry issues as newcomers would have to gel in with existing players. I agree that 2020-2021 will be a very, very good opportunity for us to sneak behind and make a fatal knife stab. I can't entertain the possibility of Juve getting 10th straight Scudetto.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Juve have a great core still, if they don't sell Pjanić (or Dybala) they just have to buy a great CB and maybe a RB and they don't miss a step. They could even sell Dybala and bring somebody like Isco and it's game over for all of us
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    I'm pretty confident in what I've said above. We can compete next season. But Conte is not the guy to do that. That would be the first big step in the wrong direction.

That's all assuming we don't commit suicide with the CL spot.

17. Thanks (1): Balor

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Who is the biggest idiot... That's right

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

thats some "lets blame everything on a coach and hide behind him" mentality that moratti introduced and everyone that came after just blindly followed

20. Thanks (4): ADRossi, Bluenine, thatdude, wera

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

imho we are going to change coach, regardless of whom we choose to replace spalletti. i know we have changed coach way too many times but a new CEO usually means everything that he doesn't like gets replaced. and in just a few months marotta and spalletti have already clashed, at least judging by spalletti's interviews over the last few weeks, where he often said the opposite of whatever marotta had said one or two days earlier.
    Last edited by firmino; 13 Apr 19 at 17:50.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

22. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, MVD

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Albania

Well at least now we are not sacking current coach because we think he sucks or we underachieved on our objectives.
    We are actually changing because we think Conte is better and more likely to lead us to winning circles.

I would be against this if Spallo had implemented some kind of style/mentality in our team (think Sarri) and in the 3rd year that style would possibly blossom so you are risking to lose that.
    But this is not the case. Spalleti hasn't done anything of that , he has managed this team month by month , trying to take the most of every situation created while doing the bare minimum and reach one of the top 4 spots. There is no technical project behind this team , no future plan to integrate youth or play in x way and even the main players of the recent years (perisic/icardi) are likely to leave.

So either way you are going to start from 0 next year ,therefore i would prefer to start from 0 with a coach who has some proven records of being a winner rather than with Spalleti.

24. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Indonesia

my biggest problem with Conte is he prefers to play with back 3 formation.
    our team need to readapt once again to a new system.

26. Thanks (1): rfU

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    Between Spalletti and Conte, I would choose Conte.
    Even though I am not a fan of Conte and would rather have someone else.
    I wouldn't, not at the prices being quoted.

28. Thanks (2): DARi0, Il Drago

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings View Post
    I wouldn't, not at the prices being quoted.
    Well those prices are something else entirely. The very well thought out plan the management had when they signed that extension with alleged 25m clause, they must have surely thought that there is not other way to spend 25m these days.

Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    There is no 25m€ clause. It costs about 16€ to release him.