Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 113

Thread: Antonio Conte

  1. #81
    A.l.i's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Dec 06
    Posts
    9,769
    Thanked
    1,998 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

    Pakistan

    95 10 years of FIF
    Really can't see Conte accepting to go to Roma tbh given their supermarket status and Conte whining over players.
    Spoiler: text 

  2. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, thatdude

  3. #82
    Il Drago's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Dec 15
    Posts
    5,832
    Thanked
    12,147 times
    Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

    Greece

    Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    There is no 25m€ clause. It costs about 16€ to release him.
    According to Di Marzio, it would cost 28m to Inter to fire Spalletti. 20m gross for Spalletti (he earns 5m net per season) and 8m gross for his staff for the next two seasons. He claims he has verified the figures.
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

  4. Thanks (1): n4l

  5. #83
    crzdcolombian's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Aug 07
    Posts
    9,957
    Thanked
    4,428 times
    Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

    Colombia

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    According to Di Marzio, it would cost 28m to Inter to fire Spalletti. 20m gross for Spalletti (he earns 5m net per season) and 8m gross for his staff for the next two seasons. He claims he has verified the figures.
    Damn!!

    Considering we won’t even get that much for Persic that is prob why we are so broke. How much have all these coach firings cost us?
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

  6. #84
    Bluenine's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Feb 09
    Posts
    8,733
    Thanked
    17,857 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    England

    10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Just to state some facts:

    - Inter are 3rd
    - We are on 60 points after 32 games, exactly the same as last season
    - We had Europe this season, 10 extra midweek games + the psychological impact of getting knocked out

    Without Europe, we would have been even higher in the table. It is reasonable to say that we have made progress over last season. This despite changing our style of play this season as the team is getting more comfortable playing out from the defence. Spalletti delivered considerable improvement at Inter in his first season, and now is delivering improvement over his first season. Considering that it will cost us €28m to change the coach, continuing with Spalletti should be the default option. He has delivered enough to justify it.

    However if there is an opportunity to upgrade the coach, we shouldn't ignore it. I don't consider Conte an upgrade. I am sure most of us will have different opinions on this, but for me an upgrade is a whole level better coach and ideally someone who can take the same style a notch or two up (instead of starting from scratch to develop a completely different style). I rate Conte in the same level as Mancini or Spalletti - maybe a bit more or a bit less. And he is also of a very different style and will need to start from scratch. IMO the only reason Conte is rated higher at FIF by some is because he hasn't coached at Inter yet (Just wait till he starts Candreva in every game and in 3 months most people here will want Conte sacked).

    Coaches like Pep or Klopp are a level better than Spalletti, and more or less in the direction of where we are trying to go style wise. I am sure nobody will object if Inter change to a coach of that level, if we have the funds to support that. Mourinho was also a level better, but these days he seems like an analog coach in a digital world.

  7. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, phonk

  8. #85
    Mnassar's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Nov 11
    Posts
    276
    Thanked
    392 times
    Fav. Player
    Ronaldo, Crespo

    Egypt

    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Just to state some facts:

    - Inter are 3rd
    - We are on 60 points after 32 games, exactly the same as last season
    - We had Europe this season, 10 extra midweek games + the psychological impact of getting knocked out

    Without Europe, we would have been even higher in the table. It is reasonable to say that we have made progress over last season. This despite changing our style of play this season as the team is getting more comfortable playing out from the defence. Spalletti delivered considerable improvement at Inter in his first season, and now is delivering improvement over his first season. Considering that it will cost us €28m to change the coach, continuing with Spalletti should be the default option. He has delivered enough to justify it.

    However if there is an opportunity to upgrade the coach, we shouldn't ignore it. I don't consider Conte an upgrade. I am sure most of us will have different opinions on this, but for me an upgrade is a whole level better coach and ideally someone who can take the same style a notch or two up (instead of starting from scratch to develop a completely different style). I rate Conte in the same level as Mancini or Spalletti - maybe a bit more or a bit less. And he is also of a very different style and will need to start from scratch. IMO the only reason Conte is rated higher at FIF by some is because he hasn't coached at Inter yet (Just wait till he starts Candreva in every game and in 3 months most people here will want Conte sacked).

    Coaches like Pep or Klopp are a level better than Spalletti, and more or less in the direction of where we are trying to go style wise. I am sure nobody will object if Inter change to a coach of that level, if we have the funds to support that. Mourinho was also a level better, but these days he seems like an analog coach in a digital world.
    Yeesh, a lot to parse out here:

    First of all I think we all agree that Spaletti's role has always been to take us to the point where we can consistently qualify for the CL, maybe win a Coppa and build a platform on which we can launch a mission to finally compete for the Scudetto and eventually aim for the CL, no one ever expected LS to win the Scudetto with Inter. In which case, it seems like by the end of this season, Spaletti will have accomplished his objective. And from where I'm sitting, I don't see what more we can expect to see from him next season. Is fighting with Napoli for 2nd and getting knocked out of the round of 16 in CL enough of a step forward for you? (I ask with no sarcasm, I just think in conversation we need to state the givens before agreeing or disagreeing) If so, then by all means keep Spaletti. However, if you think that after the summer mercato we can be in a position to aim for more, then I don't believe Spaletti can deliver that much more, not with Milan reinforcing, Napoli possibly getting silverware and Juve just improving.

    So if we agree that now's an opportunity to change coaches, we need to realistically assess who are our available options: Conte, Mou and..... *crickets*. I am torn to chose between the two, I would always accept Mourinho with open arms and tears of joy but will constantly be weary of him tarnishing his legacy. Lots of people bash him for his Man Utd tenure, but people forget that he took a team who finished 5th and was in shambles, made them finish 2nd, won the Europa league and reached the FA Cup final, all with a club hierarchy that didn't trust him or support him in his stand against bratty players. Anyway, I digress re Mourinho, it's a subject that's not for this thread.

    Now onto Conte, again we need to talk about givens, if you just don't like Conte for his Juve links, then so be it, everyone's entitled to their opinion. However, if you're going to try and make a case for him not being an upgrade to Spaletti then I'd have to disagree with you. Spaletti has won just two Coppe in his career (in a top tier league) and that was over a decade ago. The 11 years younger Conte has more recently won three Scudetti, an EPL and an FA Cup. You might have a bone to pick with his European credentials and you would have a strong case there, but to think that domestically he isn't an upgrade to Spaletti is a difficult argument to back up. Now this, of course, doesn't mean that shit can't and won't hit the fan with Conte; of course it can, nobody can predict the future. I think that Conte is a sensible hiring if you want to solidify your domestic credentials (in the same way Spaletti did an amazing job in laying the foundations) and then you move on to a manager that can get you everything.

    Finally, your point about Pep and Klopp. I can't disagree more. Maybe it's because I'm a dinosaur who's living in the past, but I honestly believe that clubs have DNA. Catenaccio was invented at Inter, almost all our success, Herrera, Trapatoni, Mancini, Mourinho has been under managers who put tactical defensiveness ahead of style of play. I hope we're not moving to the "modern" expansive style of football, but evolve a pragmatic balance (as is the case with Conte, Mourinho and Simeone) an a modern interpretation of the football that has not only been successful for Inter, but is our very own DNA.

  9. Thanks (2): DARi0, GenDire

  10. #86
    andrei's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Nov 11
    Posts
    810
    Thanked
    638 times
    Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

    Romania

    Quote Originally Posted by Mnassar View Post
    Yeesh, a lot to parse out here:

    First of all I think we all agree that Spaletti's role has always been to take us to the point where we can consistently qualify for the CL, maybe win a Coppa and build a platform on which we can launch a mission to finally compete for the Scudetto and eventually aim for the CL, no one ever expected LS to win the Scudetto with Inter. In which case, it seems like by the end of this season, Spaletti will have accomplished his objective. And from where I'm sitting, I don't see what more we can expect to see from him next season. Is fighting with Napoli for 2nd and getting knocked out of the round of 16 in CL enough of a step forward for you? (I ask with no sarcasm, I just think in conversation we need to state the givens before agreeing or disagreeing) If so, then by all means keep Spaletti. However, if you think that after the summer mercato we can be in a position to aim for more, then I don't believe Spaletti can deliver that much more, not with Milan reinforcing, Napoli possibly getting silverware and Juve just improving.

    So if we agree that now's an opportunity to change coaches, we need to realistically assess who are our available options: Conte, Mou and..... *crickets*. I am torn to chose between the two, I would always accept Mourinho with open arms and tears of joy but will constantly be weary of him tarnishing his legacy. Lots of people bash him for his Man Utd tenure, but people forget that he took a team who finished 5th and was in shambles, made them finish 2nd, won the Europa league and reached the FA Cup final, all with a club hierarchy that didn't trust him or support him in his stand against bratty players. Anyway, I digress re Mourinho, it's a subject that's not for this thread.

    Now onto Conte, again we need to talk about givens, if you just don't like Conte for his Juve links, then so be it, everyone's entitled to their opinion. However, if you're going to try and make a case for him not being an upgrade to Spaletti then I'd have to disagree with you. Spaletti has won just two Coppe in his career (in a top tier league) and that was over a decade ago. The 11 years younger Conte has more recently won three Scudetti, an EPL and an FA Cup. You might have a bone to pick with his European credentials and you would have a strong case there, but to think that domestically he isn't an upgrade to Spaletti is a difficult argument to back up. Now this, of course, doesn't mean that shit can't and won't hit the fan with Conte; of course it can, nobody can predict the future. I think that Conte is a sensible hiring if you want to solidify your domestic credentials (in the same way Spaletti did an amazing job in laying the foundations) and then you move on to a manager that can get you everything.

    Finally, your point about Pep and Klopp. I can't disagree more. Maybe it's because I'm a dinosaur who's living in the past, but I honestly believe that clubs have DNA. Catenaccio was invented at Inter, almost all our success, Herrera, Trapatoni, Mancini, Mourinho has been under managers who put tactical defensiveness ahead of style of play. I hope we're not moving to the "modern" expansive style of football, but evolve a pragmatic balance (as is the case with Conte, Mourinho and Simeone) an a modern interpretation of the football that has not only been successful for Inter, but is our very own DNA.
    Agree completely with Spaletti. But there is a point. I don't believe that we can compete with Juve next year. The gap is too big. From this perspective seems reasonable to give Spalletti another year. But if we want to challenge Juventus in 2 years for the scudetto, wouldn't be better to hire a new coach this summer. He will have a year to implement his vision and next year he could fight for scudetto. It's difficult to win from the first year and more when you are against an well established team (Juventus).

    You are next in the line who defend Mourinho's legacy at United. I am sorry, but is a failure. He never let the impression his team is able to compete for EPL or CL (the real trophies). And the lack of support: look on the transfermarkt, in his 3 years United spent ca. 300m on new players. Not far less then City. UEFA cup is for losers (Mou said that when Benitey won it with Chelsea).

  11. #87
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    14,084
    Thanked
    8,404 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnassar View Post
    Finally, your point about Pep and Klopp. I can't disagree more. Maybe it's because I'm a dinosaur who's living in the past, but I honestly believe that clubs have DNA. Catenaccio was invented at Inter, almost all our success, Herrera, Trapatoni, Mancini, Mourinho has been under managers who put tactical defensiveness ahead of style of play. I hope we're not moving to the "modern" expansive style of football, but evolve a pragmatic balance (as is the case with Conte, Mourinho and Simeone) an a modern interpretation of the football that has not only been successful for Inter, but is our very own DNA.
    You talk about Conte and then talk about the club's DNA. You should realize that Guardiola or Klopp at Inter is less of a clash than Conte at Inter.b

    Also, Catenaccio was not created at Inter. It probably was perfected here. And it wasn't a "park the bus" system. It was a patience game that then torpedoed the opponent with lethal counter attacks in numbers (usually we had 5-7 players on a counter). Let's call it a cautious streamroll method. And it was bloody beautiful.

    The Europeans (and British) hated it because it was a distinct style that did not rely on a 4 or 5 man attack.

  12. #88
    Bluenine's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Feb 09
    Posts
    8,733
    Thanked
    17,857 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    England

    10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Mnassar, first of all, great post. A few points of argument:

    1. Inter DNA: I understand where you are coming from. Pragmatic, counter attack based football may be a bit out of fashion, but it will also reinvent itself and make a comeback. There are some fans who want Inter to play a more attractive, attacking style, but I am not one of them. I want Inter to win, and I don't mind if that comes from counter attacking football or more modern attacking football. If Inter were focussed on that DNA, I would agree with you. The issue here is that Inter have for better or worse taken a decision to move away from pragmatic football, and play a more possession based attacking style building attacks from defence. It would be silly to abandon this now and go backwards. This has been one of the biggest problems at Inter, we change our philosophy with every change in coach and hence keep going back to Year Zero. At this moment, IMO it would be better to build upon the work of Spalletti and take it up a notch of two.

    2. Conte: I don't like the Bianconeri blood in his veins, but lets put a pin on that for the moment and analyse this rationally. You talk about his trophies as the main reason he is better than Spalletti. Mancini has the same level of success as Conte, Sarri has no real trophies to talk about and he is older than Mancini. By your logic, would you prefer Mancini over Sarri at Inter? Would you consider Mancini a sufficient upgrade over Spalletti? I have great respect for Mancini as a coach unlike some people here, specially for what he achieved at Inter, but I wouldn't call him a sufficient upgrade over Spalletti. They are of a similar level, as is Conte or Sarri. Spalletti (and Sarri) haven't won the Scudetto yet coz of the teams they have managed. Spalletti coming close to winning the Scudetto with Roma (and Sarri with Napoli) was an over achievement in itself. It may very well be that history will regard Mancini and Conte much higher for the trophies they have won (and deservedly so), but that doesn't mean that AT THIS MOMENT they are a level better than Spalletti and Sarri. Infact if we have to change the coach, I would rather have Sarri here than Conte. Because of the style of play is in the same direction that we are going towards.

    3. Spalletti: You are spot on about Spalletti being here to lay the foundation for the next coach to come and win trophies. I have said exactly that many times here too. But this is an incremental job, you could say it was done last year or this year or maybe next year. I would say Spalletti's job is done the moment we find the right next coach who can win silverware and when we are financially ready to invest big time in the mercato. If thats this summer, thats awesome. If not, I don't mind waiting another year. But its critical to get the right coach, or else all this work of last 2 seasons could be undone and we could end up right where we started.

    Now lets take off that pin, Conte is a fucking Bianconeri through and through. You can't put Conte and Inter DNA in the same sentence. His style is in the wrong direction for us, AND he has a divisive personality. At Juve where he was a legend and the club is far more organised, that was less of a problem. At Inter where there is already chaos, Conte could cause a lot of damage in the locker room. The way he handled Diego Costa at Chelsea was quite poor and at a detriment to the club. And it won't take much for Inter fans to turn against Conte, they have hated him all their life already. Yes, its possible he still could be successful at Inter but its a wildcard, a throw of dice. We are in a good position now, lets not play that lottery. Lets be sure. I don't have the same problem with Allegri if and when he is available. He is more successful, he is not a hated bianconeri, he is quite mature and he has won more. Not Conte.

    So basically what I am saying is that we are in a good place, Spalletti is delivering exactly what we got him here to do and the club is becoming more consistent. Lets be patient. Change the coach when we get the right one. This summer or next. Coaches don't last too long at clubs these days. It won't be long before a coach like Pep, Klopp, Allegri, etc will be available. Lets wait for that.

  13. Thanks (4): Cómi, DARi0, Mnassar, Rain

  14. #89
    Mnassar's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Nov 11
    Posts
    276
    Thanked
    392 times
    Fav. Player
    Ronaldo, Crespo

    Egypt

    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    You talk about Conte and then talk about the club's DNA. You should realize that Guardiola or Klopp at Inter is less of a clash than Conte at Inter.b

    Also, Catenaccio was not created at Inter. It probably was perfected here. And it wasn't a "park the bus" system. It was a patience game that then torpedoed the opponent with lethal counter attacks in numbers (usually we had 5-7 players on a counter). Let's call it a cautious streamroll method. And it was bloody beautiful.

    The Europeans (and British) hated it because it was a distinct style that did not rely on a 4 or 5 man attack.
    Now you're just arguing about opinions, and that's what I clearly tried to avoid in my post. Dude, Trapattoni managed Juve for 10 years and won 6 Scudetti with them before becoming a symbol of an era at Inter. In my opinion, professionalism beats style of play, top managers can be professional, but you can't expect them to change how they interpret football (otherwise, why would you bring in that manager anyway), you believe that Conte's Juve links are a bigger obstacle to his success at Inter, again, that's fine and you're entitled to your opinion, just please don't state it as if it's a fact.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Mnassar, first of all, great post. A few points of argument:

    1. Inter DNA: I understand where you are coming from. Pragmatic, counter attack based football may be a bit out of fashion, but it will also reinvent itself and make a comeback. There are some fans who want Inter to play a more attractive, attacking style, but I am not one of them. I want Inter to win, and I don't mind if that comes from counter attacking football or more modern attacking football. If Inter were focussed on that DNA, I would agree with you. The issue here is that Inter have for better or worse taken a decision to move away from pragmatic football, and play a more possession based attacking style building attacks from defence. It would be silly to abandon this now and go backwards. This has been one of the biggest problems at Inter, we change our philosophy with every change in coach and hence keep going back to Year Zero. At this moment, IMO it would be better to build upon the work of Spalletti and take it up a notch of two.

    2. Conte: I don't like the Bianconeri blood in his veins, but lets put a pin on that for the moment and analyse this rationally. You talk about his trophies as the main reason he is better than Spalletti. Mancini has the same level of success as Conte, Sarri has no real trophies to talk about and he is older than Mancini. By your logic, would you prefer Mancini over Sarri at Inter? Would you consider Mancini a sufficient upgrade over Spalletti? I have great respect for Mancini as a coach unlike some people here, specially for what he achieved at Inter, but I wouldn't call him a sufficient upgrade over Spalletti. They are of a similar level, as is Conte or Sarri. Spalletti (and Sarri) haven't won the Scudetto yet coz of the teams they have managed. Spalletti coming close to winning the Scudetto with Roma (and Sarri with Napoli) was an over achievement in itself. It may very well be that history will regard Mancini and Conte much higher for the trophies they have won (and deservedly so), but that doesn't mean that AT THIS MOMENT they are a level better than Spalletti and Sarri. Infact if we have to change the coach, I would rather have Sarri here than Conte. Because of the style of play is in the same direction that we are going towards.

    3. Spalletti: You are spot on about Spalletti being here to lay the foundation for the next coach to come and win trophies. I have said exactly that many times here too. But this is an incremental job, you could say it was done last year or this year or maybe next year. I would say Spalletti's job is done the moment we find the right next coach who can win silverware and when we are financially ready to invest big time in the mercato. If thats this summer, thats awesome. If not, I don't mind waiting another year. But its critical to get the right coach, or else all this work of last 2 seasons could be undone and we could end up right where we started.

    Now lets take off that pin, Conte is a fucking Bianconeri through and through. You can't put Conte and Inter DNA in the same sentence. His style is in the wrong direction for us, AND he has a divisive personality. At Juve where he was a legend and the club is far more organised, that was less of a problem. At Inter where there is already chaos, Conte could cause a lot of damage in the locker room. The way he handled Diego Costa at Chelsea was quite poor and at a detriment to the club. And it won't take much for Inter fans to turn against Conte, they have hated him all their life already. Yes, its possible he still could be successful at Inter but its a wildcard, a throw of dice. We are in a good position now, lets not play that lottery. Lets be sure. I don't have the same problem with Allegri if and when he is available. He is more successful, he is not a hated bianconeri, he is quite mature and he has won more. Not Conte.

    So basically what I am saying is that we are in a good place, Spalletti is delivering exactly what we got him here to do and the club is becoming more consistent. Lets be patient. Change the coach when we get the right one. This summer or next. Coaches don't last too long at clubs these days. It won't be long before a coach like Pep, Klopp, Allegri, etc will be available. Lets wait for that.
    All absolutely great points and the reason why I was so careful to not sound sarcastic or antagonistic in my first reply. Let me just try and be concise here to spare the rest of the forum the long back and forth;

    I agree with you that Spaletti staying could be a positive thing for the club, at least it probably will not be a regression. If Spaletti stays, I will be quite content with that. I think however, seeing what he's accomplished so far, and knowing what he's capable of, it might be a good time to seek an upgrade. Ergo, my comparison between the realistic alternatives. That said, I agree with all your concerns regarding Conte's personality and the risks hiring him it may involve. However, I disagree with your method of analysis between Conte, Spaletti, Mancini and Sarri; in my reply I tried to relay the importance of age and recentness of the titles. While Mancini isn't much older than Conte (6 years), they are a footballing generation apart, to me this means that Conte might be more tactically adaptible than the older man. Mancini's last major trophy was 7 years ago, which defintely sits him a few notches below Conte. That said, I don't think Mancini is an inferior manager to Spaletti, I think his record speaks of his ability and I was very happy while he was on the bench here during his second tenure. I think had Mancini gotten out of his own ego's way and Thohir not forced the DeBoer fiasco, Inter's rebuild would have been ahead by at least a couple of years.

    Finally re Sarri, I know what I'm going to write now can be construed as heresy; I don't rate Sarri as highly as most people do and I certainly don't think he would do his best at Inter. I think Sarriball is such a departure from any of the football played over the last 4 years that it would need a complete restructuring of the team to be implemented with any success. And while I realize you weren't mentioning Sarri as a potential replacement, I just felt I needed to make this point.

    Apologies for saying it would be a short post then writing all this.

  15. #90
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    14,084
    Thanked
    8,404 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Trapattoni managed Juventus, being a professional. He became a coaching legend there but not a Juventino legend. Conte on the other hand was their captain and was considered on a higher level than even Del Piero for them for years.
    Trapattoni made a name of himself as a Milanista, not a gobbo. He left Milan for Juventus and the rest is history. I get that you think he's a Juventino, but he was no Lippi. Sure he had a Juventus past and lots of people didn't want him at Inter because of that, same way lots of us were against hiring Marotta for the same reason.

    Lippi on the other hand was some guy from Sampdoria who became a Juventino pezzo di merda and Moratti wrongly thought he'd make a Trap out of him.

    Now add all these factors around Lippi, a mixture of Chiellini, Zebina's ugly cuntface, Nedved, Montero, Del Piero and Agnelli himself and you get Antonio fucking Conte in a zebra shirt.

    Fabio Capello is a better 'professional' example. Also a Juventino, played and managed at Milan with success and also played and managed at Roma with success. I wanted him at Inter at some point and I'd still say he's a fucking juventino. It's not just a matter of the past. Conte is crossing the line, going back and forth several times and then crossing it again. Would you hire Gattuso or Ambrosini if they had a similar managerial path?

  16. #91
    andrei's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Nov 11
    Posts
    810
    Thanked
    638 times
    Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

    Romania

    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Trapattoni managed Juventus, being a professional. He became a coaching legend there but not a Juventino legend. Conte on the other hand was their captain and was considered on a higher level than even Del Piero for them for years.
    Trapattoni made a name of himself as a Milanista, not a gobbo. He left Milan for Juventus and the rest is history. I get that you think he's a Juventino, but he was no Lippi. Sure he had a Juventus past and lots of people didn't want him at Inter because of that, same way lots of us were against hiring Marotta for the same reason.

    Lippi on the other hand was some guy from Sampdoria who became a Juventino pezzo di merda and Moratti wrongly thought he'd make a Trap out of him.

    Now add all these factors around Lippi, a mixture of Chiellini, Zebina's ugly cuntface, Nedved, Montero, Del Piero and Agnelli himself and you get Antonio fucking Conte in a zebra shirt.

    Fabio Capello is a better 'professional' example. Also a Juventino, played and managed at Milan with success and also played and managed at Roma with success. I wanted him at Inter at some point and I'd still say he's a fucking juventino. It's not just a matter of the past. Conte is crossing the line, going back and forth several times and then crossing it again. Would you hire Gattuso or Ambrosini if they had a similar managerial path?
    I just don't fucking care! Juventino or not! It is fucking irrelevant.
    If the dude is capable to bring us trophies, he is more than welcome. Even if he is Juventino for generations. It's a business and if he can deliver, it is no fucking problem.
    And vice-versa. If, let's say, Cambiasso becomes a good coach and Milan hire him, I want have any bad blood against him. I couldn't wish him good luck, because of competition, but otherwise I would have no problem.

  17. #92

    Join Date
    02 Apr 18
    Posts
    1,102
    Thanked
    1,300 times

    Kazakhstan

    Best Forum Newcomer
    I don't like the theoretical reflections on whether Conte is 100% Juventino POS DNA bearer or not.

    Zhang family have already hired former Juventino guy to manage the club (the fact that they are micromanaging and not trusting their own employees is irrelevant in this case). Do you think that in their heads Conte is any different than Marotta? Come on,they are foreigners and they shouldn't be thinking too much about feelings of Italians and inter-club rivalries. Zhang will hire Conte because he has more PR value than Spallo and they wont even care about Juve DNA tarnishing ours. They don't understand that concept,they rely on professionals and their CVs,not the intangible things like Juve or Inter DNA.

    Zhangs are not Morattis, they don't understand these Italian things and they don't have to. They are foreigners.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

    At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

  18. #93
    n4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Jul 07
    Posts
    7,591
    Thanked
    11,077 times
    Fav. Player
    Mancini

    Trinidad & Tobago

    45 10 years of FIF
    Lippi was capable to bring us trophies too. It's a business yes, but businesses also have culture, ethics, morals etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

    “There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

  19. #94
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    14,084
    Thanked
    8,404 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Sorry man, don't give a shit about Milan. But if Cambiasso or Materazzi or Mourinho go to Juventus then they can be considered done by Interisti unless they miraculously manage to gain forgiveness with future actions.

    There's no bad blood between Inter and Milan to a great extent, so it's almost a non-issue unless it's Maldini coming over or something. With Juventus there's no comparison. Any former Interista who thinks that going to Juventus is business as usual is written off for the rest of his days.

    Even someone like Meazza took decades to forgive and that's the exception among exceptions...

  20. #95

    Join Date
    02 Apr 18
    Posts
    1,102
    Thanked
    1,300 times

    Kazakhstan

    Best Forum Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Sorry man, don't give a shit about Milan. But if Cambiasso or Materazzi or Mourinho go to Juventus then they can be considered done by Interisti unless they miraculously manage to gain forgiveness with future actions.
    .
    You are talking like a fan. Plus, you are talking as if we have Moratti or any other respectable wealthy italian family heir at the helm of the club. Yes, Moratti would never consider Conte as a future Inter coach. Conte is Juventino POS.

    But do we have Moratti around? No, we don't. Chinese don't trust anyone except themselves and they don't fall prey to anyone suggesting them to hire someone(after Kia Joorabchian fiasco of purchasing fake footballers like Mario&Gabigol). Who can instill to them the sense of belonging to something truly great like Inter and Inter's long-term cultural and philosophic rivalry with Juventus? Zanetti? No, his position is sinecure and he is the guy who walks down the path of least resistance. Moratti? Moratti is far away from Inter. Chinese are free of superstitions but also free of any sort of moral taboos regarding the choices they make being the owners of the club.

    In the ideal world Conte should be light years away from Inter and no sane fan can even entertain the possibility of The Wig being our next coach. But ideal world only exists in the science lab. The real world dictates that this is business and Chinese see Conte's CV which reads:4 internal league championships, 2 of which occured in his first year on the job. That's how they decide who'll be our next coach. Not by DNA or any other speculative intagible philosophical categories.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

    At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

  21. Thanks (2): ADRossi, GenDire

  22. #96
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    10,405
    Thanked
    15,540 times
    Fav. Player
    Miranda

    Italy

    70
    chinese culture is really different from that of the western world, as i'm starting to realize day after day. not better nor worse, mind you, just entirely different. maybe steven, who is young and studied in the u.s., would be more inclined to understand certain dynamics, but at the end of the day it's daddy the one with the wallet.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

  23. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

  24. #97
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    14,084
    Thanked
    8,404 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    You may answer your phone and run to that rat hole of yours now. Thanks, fuck off.

  25. #98
    DARi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Mar 07
    Posts
    6,291
    Thanked
    4,321 times
    Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

    Romania

    55 10 years of FIF
    Fuck Conte, how much does Erick ten Hag want?


    #RiPrendiRafinha + #PrendiNicoḷBarella

    NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

  26. Thanks (2): crzdcolombian, Mnassar

  27. #99
    DARi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Mar 07
    Posts
    6,291
    Thanked
    4,321 times
    Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

    Romania

    55 10 years of FIF
    According to La Repubblica, Conte was ‘tempted’ by Totti’s call as his ‘priority’ is to return to Italy, while Roma ‘dream’ of appointing the former Juventus boss.

    Next week could be ‘decisive’ as that is when an arbitration tribunal will rule on his dispute with Chelsea.

    #RiPrendiRafinha + #PrendiNicoḷBarella

    NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

  28. #100
    Bluenine's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Feb 09
    Posts
    8,733
    Thanked
    17,857 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    England

    10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    Fuck Conte, how much does Erick ten Hag want?
    Same as what De Boer wanted

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •