View Poll Results: Would you support hiring Conte to replace Spalletti?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

57 64.04%
  • No

32 35.96%
Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Conte

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    We are Inter, we don't want refs or sold out players gifting us anything.

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Conte rules out Roma

Antonio Conte has confirmed that he will not move to Roma this summer, leaving Juventus, Inter and Milan to battle it out.

Roma seemed to be furthest forward in the race to end Conte’s sabbatical, even offering him a €9.5m salary, with Francesco Totti declaring the Coach as a ‘winner’.

However, the former Chelsea boss admitted ‘the conditions aren’t there’ for him to take charge of the Giallorossi, while keeping his door open to Juve, Inter and Milan.

“Marriages are two way,” he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I think Juventus have started a path and I think they’re very happy with Allegri, who has certainly continued my work and is doing very well. You never know what tomorrow brings.

“Today, if someone calls me, I know I have to impose my ideas of ​​football, with my methods, because I’m very strict with myself.

“I don’t micromanage, neither do I think a Coach’s objective is to do as little damage as possible.

“If clubs think that, they shouldn’t call me. After that, I have a problem: victory: winning. That’s the objective of my work. That applies to any team, not just Inter or Milan.

“I must have the perception that I can beat anyone and I must feel that winning is possible, otherwise I can stay as I am without any problems.

“I fell in love with Rome, spending a lot of time there in my two years as CT.

“At the Olimpico you feel the passion of the fans, who live football with a particular intensity, who go mad for Roma and live for them.

“It has a passionate atmosphere that envelops you. Right now the conditions aren’t there, but I think I’ll coach Roma one day in the future.”
    NULLA IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

And I’m willing to bet my house spalleti goes to milan if conte comes here, which would be a perfect move for them.

4. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    ₩$

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    Conte rules out Roma

Antonio Conte has confirmed that he will not move to Roma this summer, leaving Juventus, Inter and Milan to battle it out.

Roma seemed to be furthest forward in the race to end Conte’s sabbatical, even offering him a €9.5m salary, with Francesco Totti declaring the Coach as a ‘winner’.

However, the former Chelsea boss admitted ‘the conditions aren’t there’ for him to take charge of the Giallorossi, while keeping his door open to Juve, Inter and Milan.

“Marriages are two way,” he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I think Juventus have started a path and I think they’re very happy with Allegri, who has certainly continued my work and is doing very well. You never know what tomorrow brings.

“Today, if someone calls me, I know I have to impose my ideas of ​​football, with my methods, because I’m very strict with myself.

“I don’t micromanage, neither do I think a Coach’s objective is to do as little damage as possible.

“If clubs think that, they shouldn’t call me. After that, I have a problem: victory: winning. That’s the objective of my work. That applies to any team, not just Inter or Milan.

“I must have the perception that I can beat anyone and I must feel that winning is possible, otherwise I can stay as I am without any problems.

“I fell in love with Rome, spending a lot of time there in my two years as CT.

“At the Olimpico you feel the passion of the fans, who live football with a particular intensity, who go mad for Roma and live for them.

“It has a passionate atmosphere that envelops you. Right now the conditions aren’t there, but I think I’ll coach Roma one day in the future.”
    Hope Milan sign him. I'd rather not have him at Inter.
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

I'm having fun coaching Inter" - Antonio Conte

6. Thanks (2): Fitzy, pier

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vex View Post
    And I’m willing to bet my house spalleti will go to milan if conte comes here, which would be a perfect move for them.
    Earlier today i was reading Totti could leave Roma at the end of the season so i won't be surprised if Spalletti returns to Roma. He's a great fit for them. Else, they will go for Giampaolo. As for Milan, i have a feeling they will either go for Gasperini or Di Francesco as they fit Elliot's project of investing in youngsters.
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

8. Thanks (1): MVD

I can't say I'm a Conte fan, but he's got winning in his blood. I don't see how this would move us anywhere but forward. Spalletti by all means is a 'good' coach with a rather remarkable career considering his background playing in the lower divisions and never having much footballing talent to speak of. So I guess in a more sentimental sense Spalletti is a "winner," but I think he's done all he can do here. Does anyone honestly see us closing a 20+ point gap with Juve with Spalletti at the helm?

I think Conte could. Not that he will, but he's enough of a hardass and perfectionist to get the most out of his squads, which he has demonstrated in the past.

I don't like it, but I also don't see any better options at the moment. I say no to Mourinho because his appointment will come with too much baggage and pressure, both for Mourinho and the players. And sequels are never as good as the original.

10. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

If Spalletti goes back to Roma, I could also see Nainggolan going back with him. Though I'm interested to see how he would do under Conte.

Regardless, I don't see how Spalletti can continue after this year unless we clear out half or more of the squad, which I honestly wouldn't be opposed to; Perisic and Icardi need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMaravilla'sRightFoot View Post
    And sequels are never as good as the original.
    Empire Strikes Back
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    Regardless, I don't see how Spalletti can continue after this year unless we clear out half or more of the squad, which I honestly wouldn't be opposed to; Perisic and Icardi need to go.
    Handa - Skriniar - De Vrij - Asamoah - Brozovic - Lautaro

Keep those six. D'Ambrosio is fine as well, I guess. Everyone else has a price tag, and some of them just need to GTFO altogether (hi, Antonio).

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Sometimes I wonder if Conte comes here and wins Serie A, does that mean his Juve didn't cheat or that Inter became cheaters?

Join us in the next episode of X files
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

14. Thanks (1): YoramG

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Conte won`t come here without a big transfer budget, so at least we know the squad is going to be majorly improved, no matter if we break the bank for Conte or not.
    NULLA IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

16. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
    Handa - Skriniar - De Vrij - Asamoah - Brozovic - Lautaro

Keep those six. D'Ambrosio is fine as well, I guess. Everyone else has a price tag, and some of them just need to GTFO altogether (hi, Antonio).
    Spent some time trying to think of other players that I'd keep, but you're right, those are the only ones who can be trusted to build with. Despite Conte's penchant for making sub-par players look good (Pelle, Matri, Vucinic, Giaccherini, etc.), I don't think anyone is turning Vecino and co. around.

As usual though, the problem is: who's buying?
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    Conte won`t come here without a big transfer budget, so at least we know the squad is going to be majorly improved, no matter if we break the bank for Conte or not.
    If Conte is coming to Inter, then it means he has been promised a high transfer budget. He won't necessarily get it. Spalletti and Sabatini were also promised a high transfer budget but for some reasons the promises were broken.
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

19. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    We know the reasons: Settlement Agreement signed by Thohir [no longer in place], and then the Chinese Communist party restrictions regarding foreign investment.

Perhaps Steven has seen enough and Zhang is down to business starting this summer?

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    If Conte comes, please hire Ambrosini as his assistant and Totti as the Football director.

22. Thanks (1): _OC_

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    If he comes, I hope they have a clause in the contract that says no 3-man formation will be deployed. Don't want loser negative shit.

And I understand all arguments that it's not just formation, formation has to suit players, we can't straitjacket the coach etc. But that just isn't the right way forward.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    If he comes, I hope they have a clause in the contract that says no 3-man formation will be deployed. Don't want loser negative shit.

And I understand all arguments that it's not just formation, formation has to suit players, we can't straitjacket the coach etc. But that just isn't the right way forward.
    Bro, you can't not possibly play anything apart from a 3 man defence containing De-Vrij, Skriniar and Godin? Can you?
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    You rotate them.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    You rotate them.
    You can't possibly rotate anyone from within a stable winning CB partnership and neither would anyone of those three would accept the bench.

Now GDS reporting that Suning are waiting to achieve CL qualification, once that is achieved then Conte will be appointed.
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    I dont think those 3 will work well in 3 men defense, but thats just me. Having 3 great CBs cant hurt tho. Atletico had Godin amd Gimenez, with Savic being Cholos favourite.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

28. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I also think that for example Skriniar is not perhaps the best CB for 3-man-defence. And maybe Godin too. At least neither of them have experience playing in that.