View Poll Results: Would you support hiring Conte to replace Spalletti?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

57 64.04%
  • No

32 35.96%
Page 16 of 59 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Conte

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraj View Post
    Totally agree. If conte is allowed to spend, I'm sure he will succeed. But with this squad the most he'll achieve is 3rd place again
    If Spalletti is allowed to spend the outcome won't be much different.

This selective budget allocation is naive. The management should build the best team possible no matter who is in charge and the coach should just do his job by getting results with it.

2. Thanks (1): SiamoNoi

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio
    Old name
    ForzaKovacic

Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post

This selective budget allocation is naive. The management should build the best team possible no matter who is in charge and the coach should just do his job by getting results with it.
    Let's spend 100m on players and hear the manager say "There Was Nothing More I Could’ve Done" when we draw away to Lecce

"Good performance"

"The team did what it had to do"

"One point gained"
    “A good performance, I don’t know if we are talking about one point gained or two points lost. But the team did what it had to do."
    Luciano Spalletti on Udinese(17th) - Inter 0 - 0

"We were playing well, and then it started to rain."
    -Walter Mazzarri

4. Thanks (1): nutsncider

Greece

Spalletti is saying that shit because he wants to get sacked or wants to alert the management that this is the level of the team, not because he genuinely means it that a draw against the 17th team is a fine result.

Conte would be yelling at someone who would criticize him in the same scenario.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    I remember when we lost against Germany and he almost was crying at the next day. This was probably the last time i saw Italy playing some football.
    That's unfair on the current lot, Mancini and the kids are doing alright and playing good football for the most part. Conte had a worst team though, for sure.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

So Conte coming means we'll field the 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2

----------------------------- Handa
    ---------- De Vrij ---------- Godin ---------- Skriniar
    DD ------------ Radja ---------------- Bro ----------------- Asa
    Politano ------------------- Icardi -------------------- Perisic

or

DD ------------ Gagsy ---------------- Bro ----------------- Asa
    --------------------------- Radja
    ---------------- Icardi --------------- Lautaro

We'll need a lot of investments for his system to work.
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Exactly. The management should build the team. However is an advantage than Marotta and Conte worked together. They know each other and what to expect.
    If they had any problems in the past, they are old enough to sit at the table and clarify it.

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    That's unfair on the current lot, Mancini and the kids are doing alright and playing good football for the most part. Conte had a worst team though, for sure.
    i think it's early to judge mancini, i woud wait some months...
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Old name
    Inter-Nazi-Onale

United States

3-5-2:handa-de vrij-godin-skriniar-Danilo-brozovic-barella-Nainggolan-asamoah-dybala-toro.

3-4-3:handa-de vrij-godin-skriniar-Danilo-brozovic-barella-asamoah-politano-dybala-toro.

Replace dybala with whoever we get in place of fucktardi. I just put him there for shits n gigs
    ------------Milito.
    Pandev-----Sneijder-----Eto'o.
    ------Motta--Cambiasso.
    Zanetti-Samuel-Lucio-Maicon.
    -----------Julio Cesar.

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by andrei View Post
    Exactly. The management should build the team. However is an advantage than Marotta and Conte worked together. They know each other and what to expect.
    If they had any problems in the past, they are old enough to sit at the table and clarify it.
    The problem here is that Conte is not a "winner" per se. And he's here for the money. Conte will be the fragile Juventino that will not make big demands other than his big fat salary and Marotta will be able to pull the strings.

Marotta is refusing to let Mourinho return because he'll be demanding moves that will take Inter to the top level, something that Conte won't do, and he's also bigger than him and anyone else at Inter.

This dilemma is suicidal and the only casualty is Inter. If it's Mourinho or Marotta I'm taking Mourinho 11 times out of 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post

I think a better and more accurate statement would be that Conte picked a worse team.

13. Thanks (1): Bluenine

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    So Conte coming means we'll field the 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2

DD ------------ Radja ---------------- Bro ----------------- Asa
    Politano ------------------- Icardi -------------------- Perisic

or

DD ------------ Gagsy ---------------- Bro ----------------- Asa
    --------------------------- Radja
    ---------------- Icardi --------------- Lautaro

We'll need a lot of investments for his system to work.
    Not really.

Handa
    SdV Skrniar Godin
    Danilo Brozo Barella Asa
    XX Lautaro XX

I put XX as a 3-4-3 but you could put it as 3-4-1-2. these XX could be Radja, Icardi, Perisic, Politano or new players.
    If the rumours about Danilo (15m) and Barella (30m plus kids) are true, we could cover that amount by selling Perisic and one of Mario or Vecino. And we don't come to what bring Zhang sr. from his pocket.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Brehme, quite an accusation. Your interpretation is that Zhang doesn't have any demands regarding success? That Marotta just runs the show in isolation completely without any responsibilities, he picks the coach, picks the team and they are allowed to do whatever they please? Because that's how I'm reading that. Conte doesn't require any big moves, he's just a puppet of Marotta and they run their little show?

I'm saying you are exaggerating this whole thing.

16. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDiego22 View Post
    Finally the banter era has come to an end
    And a whole new reign of terror begins.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18. Thanks (2): Kakaroto, SiamoNoi

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Son, the doctor recommend 5mg Haloperidol for your delusional hallucinations. For the beginning.
    Alcohol is not a solution.

20. Thanks (1): wera

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio
    Old name
    ForzaKovacic

Egypt

Hmm, Marotta and Conte Juve mafia that ingeniously got themselves into Inter, do the bare minimum to keep themselves appointed and prevent Inter from becoming a real threat to Juve whilst at the same time pocketing a fat salary.

It's pretty out there to be honest but I wouldn't count it out.
    “A good performance, I don’t know if we are talking about one point gained or two points lost. But the team did what it had to do."
    Luciano Spalletti on Udinese(17th) - Inter 0 - 0

"We were playing well, and then it started to rain."
    -Walter Mazzarri

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    I don't really follow EPL football closely, does anyone know how Chelsea played during Conte's second season? What was the ratio of the 4-man defence to 3-man defence? I know that he was mostly using 3-man defence in the first season but what happened in the second?

Sure, we have Godin now, but do majority here agree that we will be purely playing 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 with Conte?
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Brehme, quite an accusation. Your interpretation is that Zhang doesn't have any demands regarding success? That Marotta just runs the show in isolation completely without any responsibilities, he picks the coach, picks the team and they are allowed to do whatever they please? Because that's how I'm reading that. Conte doesn't require any big moves, he's just a puppet of Marotta and they run their little show?

I'm saying you are exaggerating this whole thing.
    At the moment there is a big conflict within Inter and the Chinese just want to stop their wallet from bleeding by siding with Spalletti and as an extent, neither side of the conflict.

I think it's safe to say that the summer will be long or we will see some swift changes right at the end of the season. Hopefully with us in the CL to take away some pain...

Oh and btw all I'm saying is that Conte won't demand for the best players, he will settle for Vecino-like characters. This is the guy who kept Giaccherini, Eder and Pelle in the starting lineup of Italy leaving some much better players out.

24. Thanks (1): _OC_

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

It seems inevitable but I hope we don't fire Spalletti and give him another season.

Specially with the reported numbers, to fire Spalletti and hire Conte, I prefer to spend that 20-30 million on upgrading the squad.
    Ajax just thrashed Juve!! Fuck whoever uses the 'experience' excuse for signing bunch of mediocre 30+ year olds who do nothing other than laying in the treatment room and demanding high wages.

26. Thanks (1): SiamoNoi

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post

he's an athletic trainer (or physical trainer or whatever it is called) and has followed conte everywhere: juventus, italia, chelsea.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Oh and btw all I'm saying is that Conte won't demand for the best players, he will settle for Vecino-like characters. This is the guy who kept Giaccherini, Eder and Pelle in the starting lineup of Italy leaving some much better players out.
    I don't agree with you most of the time, but partially do this time, though we don't know for sure what were "his" transfers at Chelsea and what there "Granovskaya's". He either doesn't have the best taste/ability to choose fitting players to his team or indeed the guy who settles for mediocrity and tries to get the best out of those mediocre players.

Parting ways with Matic and getting Barkley/Giroud/Emerson. You don't normally buy great players at winter mercato but those 3 were surely weird choices.

Possible (but partial) explanation could be that he coached in Italy with limited resources even for Juventus(he left the team before Juventus started to collect much bigger revenue than before), coached national team with a lot of mediocre players and coached Chelsea which couldn't match MU or MC in terms of spending power. So yes, he had to settle with what he was given.

At least with Inter he can outbid every single Italian team except Juve and get the best players he could have given the status of Inter and Serie A. That is, if Suning wants to spend. So, I will be very surprised if he starts to moan about transfers at Inter. If he does, this would mean he isn't just a Rubentino, but also a mentally challenged one.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

Greece

It's his own style, not a matter of mediocrity. He's pretty much a hyped Gattuso that managed to be in more favorable situations. Both have been coached by great coaches but at the end of the day both were football grunts. Conte a slightly better one, but that doesn't change things.