View Poll Results: Would you support hiring Conte to replace Spalletti?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

57 64.04%
  • No

32 35.96%
Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 152223242526272835 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Conte

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    We all agree we need to invest massively in transfers this season, especially with the UEFA SA now gone - expectations are high. I believe Suning wanted to make sure if they start to spend big, the money will not go down the shithole [like previously under Thohir]. We now have Marotta to decide on these investments, so we should avoid miserable accidents like fucking Barbosas, Joao Marios and Vecinos.

So let`s hope the ~80m cost of having Conte and firing Spalletti will not affect this transfer budget, that`s all what people on FIF here want.

BTW, does anybody know if staff salary is taken into consideration by FFP regulations or not?
    NULLA IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

2. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Serbia

Media reporting that Conte is ready to sign contract with us and that he is only waiting to be 100% sure that Juve won't call him up. Frankly, this is really pissing me off. Inter is not supposed to be some kind of consolation prize, especially when true Interista (Mou) is practically almost begging at our door.

Fuck Juventus scum and fuck Conte honestly.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    Media reporting that Conte is ready to sign contract with us and that he is only waiting to be 100% sure that Juve won't call him up. Frankly, this is really pissing me off. Inter is not supposed to be some kind of consolation prize, especially when true Interista (Mou) is practically almost begging at our door.

I read also this shit! Do you believe he is such an idiot to declare that! Even if is true!
    He is waiting for CL qualification!

5. Thanks (4): CafeCordoba, DARi0, dax21, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Polikaku

Europe

Shoulda been at least Deshamps, the better of the worse
    buu ain't for everyone

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Ok so lets summarize.

I want Suning to spend money on Inter, the money we WERE NOT ALLOWED to spend for last 4-5 years due to our deal with uefa. That money is there somewhere.

Secondly why Conte was fighting with his clubs? Was it that he at some point went completely deranged for the fuck of it like Denerys in last GoT episode? No. It was because he expected proper investments from the club, and at the same time nothing unrealistic. He didn't ask for Messi and then went nuts. So I figure, he's exactly the type of coach many fans like who expect their stingy owner to spend money.

I don't see a problem here as long as Suning will show us how "Inter is coming". And if they lied to the fans then fuch them and let Conte blast them in the public.

Conte is exactly the same as any other coach there in this regard with the only difference that he doesn't give a fuck and will say openly if he got screwes by their employer.
    I agree on this (almost) completely. Conte ragequitted two occassions, both on because he wasn't provided the assets he wanted to get success which was set as the goal. In Juventus it was success in Europe thus the 10$ / 100$. In Chelsea probably the same thing, he asked for Lukaku, got Morata (), everyone would go apeshit for that. And I understood there was a lot of that stuff at Chelsea, Marina being fucking tight with the money and Conte losing his shit because of that.

As for the slight notion or disagreement, Suning hasn't 100% PROMISE money to Inter in the sense that someone would have the right to require it from him. It's his money and his club, and he can do whatever he wants with them. Obviously the management which he has hired, suggests to spend big now when the restrictions are off. And hopefully he follows through, since that is probably the only way to get Inter back to winning ways. Dragging it much further will just postpone everything all the time.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo L.N.D.L

Albania

This guy actually coming here? All the news, everyday, make it seem like it's a done deal.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    Fuck this.
    Awaiting the start of our youth project.

10. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, Big Willy, MVD, Puma

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    As objectively as possible, I'll try to rank, in tiers, the current Italian coaches. The key here is to not judge them based on how some fared at Inter or at Juventus because it skews the reality. For example Gasperini and Mazzarri didn't do well at Inter but have been close to exceptional in other places. Spalletti is another case. On the other hand, you have overrated performers such as Antonio Conte or even Claudio Ranieri just because they won a PL title or because in Conte's case he was given an opportunity to write his name on some FIGC trophies.

Tier 1
    Carlo Ancelotti. Exclusive spot.

Tier 2
    Massimiliano Allegri
    Luciano Spalletti
    Maurizio Sarri
    Roberto Mancini
    Antonio Conte

Tier 2.5
    Gian Piero Gasperini
    Walter Mazzarri
    Cesare Prandelli

Tier 3
    Claudio Ranieri
    Marco Giampaolo
    Eusebio Di Francesco
    Massimo Carrera
    Stefano Pioli
    Simone Inzaghi
    Vincenzo Montella
    Andrea Mandorlini
    Roberto Donadoni

And so on.
    Essentially, the only Italian upgrade we can make is Carlo Ancelotti, but he's not even that great in Serie A. The others aren't excusing a 50-100m cost of changing Spalletti. We shouldn't consider anyone else Italian.

We need to look abroad if Spalletti is out and Mourinho is the clear cut answer. Especially at this cost.

If we were in a position to take a risk I'd look at options like Massimo Carrera who can turn out really good, but we are not. We need a sure thing and it doesn't get any better than this. He's the only Tier 1 manager who will consider us at this point and the one we should be going after.

And to make things clearer, around the world the only other Tier 1 managers out there are Guardiola, Klopp and Simeone. Zidane is a mystery (to be properly assessed this season) and Pochettino is in what I'd consider Tier 1.5. As for the first two options, Guardiola needs the best and wealthiest team and Klopp needs 3-5 seasons, while Simeone is pretty much good to go.

Neither Allegri nor Conte are amongst the elite of managers so neither is worth the Spalletti sacking cost. Something that we will end up paying apparently. Conte is free to fuck off to Juventus.

12. Thanks (3): Bluenine, Wobblz, YoramG

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Tier 1
    Carlo Ancelotti. Exclusive spot.

Tier 2
    Massimiliano Allegri
    Luciano Spalletti
    Maurizio Sarri
    Roberto Mancini
    Antonio Conte

Tier 2.5
    Gian Piero Gasperini
    Walter Mazzarri
    Cesare Prandelli

Tier 3
    Claudio Ranieri
    Marco Giampaolo
    Eusebio Di Francesco
    Massimo Carrera
    Stefano Pioli
    Simone Inzaghi
    Vincenzo Montella
    Andrea Mandorlini
    Roberto Donadoni
    I think thats a decent classification of Italian coaches. I would maybe move a couple of coaches half a tier up, but largely I agree with your list. And I guess our conclusion is very similar too based on this - If Inter are to change the coach, forget Italia coaches as we need to only consider Tier 1 or at least "Tier 1.5" coaches. There is little point in changing the coach otherwise, because Spalletti is pretty much performing on par with the level of our squad.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Have to ask how come Ranieri is not Tier 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    I don't see Gattuso at Tier 2,why?
    Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Have to ask how come Ranieri is not Tier 2?
    When your biggest accomplishments is a fluke Leicester PL win and a Ligue 2 with Monaco who had a budget that was larger than the rest of the competition combined + a Serie B title with Fiorentina with Batistuta on board, you should be lucky if you're considered for Tier 2.

But when you consider that:
    - He got Atletico, a top 4-6 team at the time in Spain, relegated when they were expecting a Champions League ticket.
    - He managed to lose to the Faroe Islands as Greece.
    - He has a tendency of getting his team at a lower spot and/or less points than they achieved the previous season (Nantes, Valencia 1, Valencia 2 was almost an Atletico copycat season but they sacked him in time to avoid that + he took the team that won the championship this time , he also started the "Inter is going to have a shit decade" situation and I'm sorry that I'm not putting all the blame on Gasperini's sacking and didn't fare well with big spenders Fulham during his time there)

I think this run of constant disasters earned him the right to not be considered a good or important coach out of his Italian counterparts. I mean, if you want to rate him for something, why not also rate Roberto Di Matteo who is a Champions League winner as a manager. But since that was also a fluke and he was a 'rookie', no one really said anything. And he wasn't no Zidane to say that there was masterclass involved. I still am very cautious about Zidane's effect as a coach but I think at Real Madrid he has the respect to get 100% out of his players and his players usually would walk into any lineup in the world, so there's this thing that while not a "coaching" trait, is effective enough. I think that's the equivalent of Maldini coaching Milan, even if he didn't want to, assuming that Milan had a roster similar to their mid 2000s one and not the current shit one. People would claim that he's the best coach ever as well.

He was doing okay at Fiorentina, did well at Chelsea and did okay for Roma in his first run. His success is Prandelli/Mazzarri level, his failures exceed anyone mentioned on that list and make the names of Stramaccioni and Tardelli seem decent enough.

There's one thing that people do not seem to grasp. It's very simple.

A shit/bad/average/decent coach can have a great team if he has great players. I don't care in which category Conte lies, but I know he's in there. Same goes for Allegri.
    A great coach cannot have a great team if his players are shit/bad/average/decent.We do not have a great coach and we do not have a great team for him either. So instead of wasting 150m on Conte + Lukaku, let's get a strong enough team so that Spalletti can leave next season (assuming Mourinho goes elsewhere) and save the money for real roster upgrades and not suicidal ones.

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Well if we put aside affiliations, then I rate Conte highly. To me he is the winner. Whether juBe stealing and bribing their winning ways to achieve that is besides the point. He just beams of winning mentality. That's exatly what we need imo. So i rate him very high. Plus, he was/is at the highest level. It's not east to coach juBe or Chelsea, but he managed that. Not the same can be said about Spalletti. Same problem with Mazzarri, Gasp, Prandelli etc. Great at smaller clubs, different story with top clubs.

Now regarding foreigners, we do know how difficult for foreign coaches it is in SerieA. I don't know about Klopp and SerieA to be honest. Same wity Pochetino. Guardiola played in Serie A and I believe he would be great, but unavailable. Second guy that I think would do great is Simeone, but he sticks with atletico, and b) I got tired of his "I'll coach Inter, Lazio and Antarctica" someday. Mourinho was here already and we know him, but I don't know about him getting so soon after United.

That leaves Conte really. I don't want Ancelotti and he's also not available, and I don't want Allegri either.

It's really Conte or Mourinho at this point I think.

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    As for the slight notion or disagreement, Suning hasn't 100% PROMISE money to Inter in the sense that someone would have the right to require it from him. It's his money and his club, and he can do whatever he wants with them. Obviously the management which he has hired, suggests to spend big now when the restrictions are off. And hopefully he follows through, since that is probably the only way to get Inter back to winning ways. Dragging it much further will just postpone everything all the time.
    I get your point. They are free to do what they want, obviously, but as it's always with fans, they are free as well, this time to pressure the owner. The higher the status of the club, the bigger pressure. With Sampdoria fans won't riot on the streets, but you leave clubs like Inter or Milan for a season or 2 in the lower parts of the table and you watch

Second, they did not lower the expectations of the fans, quite contrary. When I hear "Inter is coming" then I, and I'm sure many other fans, do not think Zapata and Darmian. I think 2010, when we were one of the best.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Malta

Wait hang on what kind of list is that? Based on past accolades or right now? Cos if we’re ranking best Italian coaches right now Conte’s first followed by Sarri then Allegri and then Ancelotti. Rest aren’t even close tbh

19. Thanks (1): ElDuccio

Colombia

Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post

This 100%. I just can't wrap my head around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    All Inter fans are balding, unemployable losers. Some have latent homosexual tendencies.

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Ancelotti is almost tier 1. Always expect more from him league wise, but he is a killer in cup competitions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Ancelotti is almost tier 1. Always expect more from him league wise, but he is a killer in cup competitions.
    Doesn't that make Klopp and Pochettino lesser than Tier 1.5 too?

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Japan

Man I don't know whats worse..

Spalletti and his fetish for constantly starting Vecino or Conte being 'gifted' Dzeko/Lukaku & replacing Icardi
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

At this moment even Caputo would be better then Icardi. We can only be happy if someone offers Inter 70M for this guy.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by Howl View Post
    Man I don't know whats worse..

Spalletti and his fetish for constantly starting Vecino or Conte being 'gifted' Dzeko/Lukaku & replacing Icardi
    I am curious what realistic option would you go for to replace icardi, for me lukaku is solid choice...