View Poll Results: Would you support hiring Conte to replace Spalletti?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

57 64.04%
  • No

32 35.96%
Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 182526272829303138 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Conte

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

86 FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqnalkel View Post
    Conte's titles with Rube are meaningless, the first two were gifted to him and then just by being champions it was much easier to attract great players and their real competition was in complete disarray.

I don't credit Mancini for his titles with us, much less I'm going to credit Conte.

If this is going to turn into a conspiracy theory discussion then what is the point in arguing if a manager is good or not? Conte has proven he is a top manager. At Bari, Siena, Juve, Chelsea and the Italian NT.
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    This season is unfortunately a 5 season setback. We were 1.5 mercato away from becoming a top team, now won't really have expectations of winning an important trophy until 2025.

2. Thanks (2): Lionheart, nurko

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio
    Old name
    ForzaKovacic

Egypt

What if we play a 3-4-3 diamond?

"xx" are new signings

You could also replace the wingers with wingbacks and push the CMs up the field a bit.

To play a formation like this we'd at least need to sign 1 starting winger and 2 starting midfielders. It needs a lot of workrate from the wingers/wingbacks but so do most 3 at the back formations.

I think it's an interesting spin compared to the standard 3-4-3 or 3-5-2.
    ďA good performance, I donít know if we are talking about one point gained or two points lost. But the team did what it had to do."
    Luciano Spalletti on Udinese(17th) - Inter 0 - 0

"We were playing well, and then it started to rain."
    -Walter Mazzarri

4. Thanks (1): Lionheart

United States

Isn’t this the 3-3-3-1 formation that Bielsa used to use?

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio
    Old name
    ForzaKovacic

Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Isn’t this the 3-3-3-1 formation that Bielsa used to use?
    Hmm it does seem kinda similar but looking closely it appears to have wingbacks instead of Central Midfielders as I have here.

So it's kinda using the wingbacks as psuedo-midfielders with one true midfielder down the middle and one attacking midfielder up top.

Here is the formation adjusted to Bielsa's 3-3-3-1 as opposed to my 3-4-3 diamond.

In this case we'd need to sign a Right Wingback as I don't think we have anyone who could fulfill this particular role. I think Asamoah is quite a suitable on the left hand side since he can also play in midfield.
    ďA good performance, I donít know if we are talking about one point gained or two points lost. But the team did what it had to do."
    Luciano Spalletti on Udinese(17th) - Inter 0 - 0

"We were playing well, and then it started to rain."
    -Walter Mazzarri

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Still waiting for interfans to protest this shit. How come everybody is ok with this?
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

9. Thanks (1): _OC_

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Still waiting for interfans to protest this shit. How come everybody is ok with this?
    Numbness

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Because they understand he is a great manager.
    This season is unfortunately a 5 season setback. We were 1.5 mercato away from becoming a top team, now won't really have expectations of winning an important trophy until 2025.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

I'm quite surprised the Curva haven't said anything yet. But then they're probably too busy shouting at minorities and writing another letter against Icardi.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    FIGO :')

Europe

75 Forum Supporter
    In case you guys haven't watched already, I found these 2 to be very interesting documentaries:

How Antonio Conte Won The Premier League In His First Season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhfyaEAew9s

How Antonio Conte Changed The Premier League

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nOnPgOD13A
    Quote Originally Posted by Armes View Post
    Had Mazzarri been on the bench today, losing a game from 1-0 to 2-1 against Stramaccioni and Deki, he'd be photoshopped, graffittied and put on every forum urinal for the especially unwatchable second half, stupid and snail subs, tactical idiocy etc.

14. Thanks (4): ElDuccio, Kakaroto, Rain, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    Because they understand he is a great manager.
    And they have no sense of history or pride. Lets win at all costs and turn this mother fucker into a cheating/doping mafia connected club just like jube.
    Lets ignore the fact that this guy publicly shat on inter more often then wanda. Lets ignore that he was involved in betting scandals and doping scandals.
    Lets ignore that he never really acknowledged that calciopoli was a thing or that he on numerous occasions inflated the amount of scudettos jube won.

It s also not like moggi attended his fucken marriage ceremony in 2013, how many more proves do you need that he s a dirty motherfucker and more likely than not thinks moggi is a cool guy. In case you need prove here s a vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG_bpknls-0.

Last but not least when was the last time a supposedly great manager that came from jube fucken worked out here?

On top of that a manager with a better record who happens to be pro inter is available to but it looks like we did not even enquire.
    I m just baffled at how many inter fans are ok with this, and to be honest i m not sure how i m gonna handle next season if cont comes.
    If ve always said even if we go to fucken serie c i ll always be an interista and follow the games and be behind the team, i m not sure i can pull that off with this fucken cunt on the sidleines.
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

16. Thanks (2): Il Drago, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

And they have no sense of history or pride. Lets win at all costs and turn this mother fucker into a cheating/doping mafia connected club just like jube.
    Lets ignore the fact that this guy publicly shat on inter more often then wanda. Lets ignore that he was involved in betting scandals and doping scandals.
    Lets ignore that he never really acknowledged that calciopoli was a thing or that he on numerous occasions inflated the amount of scudettos jube won.

It s also not like moggi attended his fucken marriage ceremony in 2013, how many more proves do you need that he s a dirty motherfucker and more likely than not thinks moggi is a cool guy. In case you need prove here s a vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG_bpknls-0.

Last but not least when was the last time a supposedly great manager that came from jube fucken worked out here?

On top of that a manager with a better record who happens to be pro inter is available to but it looks like we did not even enquire.
    I m just baffled at how many inter fans are ok with this, and to be honest i m not sure how i m gonna handle next season if cont comes.
    If always said even if we go to fucken serie c i ll always be an interista and follow the games and be behind the team, i m not sure i can pull that off with this fucken cunt on the sidleines.
    So you want the manager of Juve, to go against Juve...while he is managing them? That makes sense.

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Confirmation, Conte's contract will be four years. The trip to China and the signatures after the cl qualification, not because it is necessary for its arrival, but because you do not want to disturb
    From FB page. Reminds me of a line from the awesome movie The Guard by John M.McDonagh:
    FBI agent Wendell Everett: You know I can't tell if you're really motherfuckin' dumb or really motherfuckin' smart.

I really can't tell if Suning are fucking idiots or actually the sharpest tools in the shed. Giving Conte 8-9 mln + and immediate 4-year contract...These guys know how to splash cash meaninglessly.
    ďIs shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?Ē

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    So you want the manager of Juve, to go against Juve...while he is managing them? That makes sense.
    I dont want the manager of jube to go against them, but i would like for him to acknowledge that they cheated especially if it was proven in trial over and over again, how is this even a discussion?
    Also i want him to name the right amount of scudettos they won and not count scudettos that officially got revoked. I would also generally just love for our coach or our management in general to not be fucken jubentinos through and through!!

WHo the fuck are interistas complaining for 40+ years what a cheating dirty shit club jube is but we re totally fine with hiring their legends wtf is this?
    I d also like for our coach not to have been involved in doping/matchfixing scandals! how the fuck is that to much to ask.

And he would not have needed to go against jube he could just have sticked to the facts or just say the right amount of scudettis they won.
    Basically it s also about being a decent human being which he clearly is not.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    You guys just color blind... That's gold and black ahahahahah

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Conte vede Brozovic nei tre di centrocampo ma non come regista. Preferirebbe un altro tipo di giocatore in quel ruolo, che l Inter sta cercando

Conte sees Brozo as a part of his trio in mf but not as a regista, he prefers another player in that role, which Inter is looking for

Here we go... The changes, the damn changes and year 0 again practically
    i believe he's right there. i mean, brozovic is our playmaker because he's the best we can place in that role, and he's fairly good. but he's not a playmaker and we are sacrificing his scoring ability.

i'd say he's perfectly suited for a role right or left of the playmaker, in a 3-man or also 4-man midfield.

- - - Updated - - -

resignation? i mean, it's resignation in my case. but i demand the question about Inter's and rubentus' titles right off the bat, at his first press conference.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicate View Post
    From FB page. Reminds me of a line from the awesome movie The Guard by John M.McDonagh:
    FBI agent Wendell Everett: You know I can't tell if you're really motherfuckin' dumb or really motherfuckin' smart.

I really can't tell if Suning are fucking idiots or actually the sharpest tools in the shed. Giving Conte 8-9 mln + and immediate 4-year contract...These guys know how to splash cash meaninglessly.
    I don't know why but Suning have been trying to bring Conte to Inter almost since the moment they acquired the club. Back in 2017 Conte was even higher on their list than Simeone and they had made a similar offer to him but he decided to stay at Chelsea and we ended up with Spalletti. I won't even be surprised if Suning brought Marotta to Inter to convince Conte to join.

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post

- - - Updated - - -
    resignation? i mean, it's resignation in my case. but i demand the question about Inter's and rubentus' titles right off the bat, at his first press conference.
    I kind of feel the same way but then again i was even contemplating joining twitter just so i can get the #Fuck conte or #no Conte @ inter started.
    And i 100% agree on that has to be the first question but he ll just give the answer we want to hear he s scum he s not stupid.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    In case you guys haven't watched already, I found these 2 to be very interesting documentaries:

How Antonio Conte Won The Premier League In His First Season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhfyaEAew9s

How Antonio Conte Changed The Premier League

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nOnPgOD13A

i love when he celebrates with the fans, he did simliar things in the national team too can't wait to see him doing this against juve
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Italy

I kind of feel the same way but then again i was even contemplating joining twitter just so i can get the #Fuck conte or #no Conte @ inter started.
    And i 100% agree on that has to be the first question but he ll just give the answer we want to hear he s scum he s not stupid.
    i don't need him to believe it: saying it out loud the way we want (and with no ifs or buts) will do for me, at least for the first month.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    i love when he celebrates with the fans, he did simliar things in the national team too can't wait to see him doing this against juve
    If i watch Conte celebrate like a passionate Interista, i will vomit.

29. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, MVD, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

I dont want the manager of jube to go against them, but i would like for him to acknowledge that they cheated especially if it was proven in trial over and over again, how is this even a discussion?
    Also i want him to name the right amount of scudettos they won and not count scudettos that officially got revoked. I would also generally just love for our coach or our management in general to not be fucken jubentinos through and through!!

WHo the fuck are interistas complaining for 40+ years what a cheating dirty shit club jube is but we re totally fine with hiring their legends wtf is this?
    I d also like for our coach not to have been involved in doping/matchfixing scandals! how the fuck is that to much to ask.

And he would not have needed to go against jube he could just have sticked to the facts or just say the right amount of scudettis they won.
    Basically it s also about being a decent human being which he clearly is not.
    But that would be going against his own club. I understand its disgusting, but you cannot expect the manager who has to keep his club completely together and focused to clearly go against what the club is saying.

By the way, you mentioned that Mourinho has the better record, but if you compare the last 5 club seasons of the two, Conte has the better record:

Conte
    Chelsea: 72-19-23, 63%
    Juventus: 100-34-15, 67%
    Total: 172-53-38, 65%
    2017-18 FA Cup, 2016-17 Premier League, 2013–14 Serie A, 2012–13 Serie A, 2011–12 Serie A

Champions League
    2012-13: Quarterfinals
    2013-14: Group Stage
    2016-17: Round of 16

Mourinho
    Manchester United: 83-31-27, 59%
    Chelsea: 45-18-14, 58%
    Total: 128-49-41, 59%
    2016-17 Europa League, 2016–17 EFL Cup, 2014-15 Premier League, 2014-15 League Cup

Champions League
    2014-15: Round of 16
    2017-18: Round of 16

I would love to have Mourinho and it would be easier to stomach than having Conte, but at this point in time, I actually think Conte is the safer and better option.