View Poll Results: Would you support hiring Conte to replace Spalletti?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    57 64.04%
  • No

    32 35.96%
Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 192627282930313239 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 1163

Thread: Antonio Conte

  1. #561
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    11,367
    Thanked
    18,068 times

    Italy

    70
    admittedly, it's kind of depressing that we could get mourinho and we'll have conte instead.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.


  2. #562
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    16,870
    Thanked
    11,963 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    There's one more Conte season in there.

  3. #563
    vitomins's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Apr 09
    Posts
    12,567
    Thanked
    6,278 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    United States

    86 FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    There's one more Conte season in there.

    Did I make a mistake? Last 5 club seasons for each:

    Conte - 2017-18, 2016-17, 2013-14, 2012-13, 2011-12

    Mourinho - 2018-19 (half season), 2017-18, 2016-17, 2015-16 (half season), 2014-15


    It seems like more because Conte had 5 full seasons. Mourinho was sacked twice mid-season. Just because he was sacked, I am not going to add in more games from a previous year to compensate...after all, I am just looking at the win percentage.
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    This season is unfortunately a 5 season setback. We were 1.5 mercato away from becoming a top team, now won't really have expectations of winning an important trophy until 2025.

  4. #564
    Lionheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Sep 10
    Posts
    7,436
    Thanked
    7,440 times
    Fav. Player
    FIGO :')

    Europe

    75 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    And they have no sense of history or pride. Lets win at all costs and turn this mother fucker into a cheating/doping mafia connected club just like jube.
    Lets ignore the fact that this guy publicly shat on inter more often then wanda. Lets ignore that he was involved in betting scandals and doping scandals.
    Lets ignore that he never really acknowledged that calciopoli was a thing or that he on numerous occasions inflated the amount of scudettos jube won.

    It s also not like moggi attended his fucken marriage ceremony in 2013, how many more proves do you need that he s a dirty motherfucker and more likely than not thinks moggi is a cool guy. In case you need prove here s a vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG_bpknls-0.

    Last but not least when was the last time a supposedly great manager that came from jube fucken worked out here?

    On top of that a manager with a better record who happens to be pro inter is available to but it looks like we did not even enquire.
    I m just baffled at how many inter fans are ok with this, and to be honest i m not sure how i m gonna handle next season if cont comes.
    If ve always said even if we go to fucken serie c i ll always be an interista and follow the games and be behind the team, i m not sure i can pull that off with this fucken cunt on the sidleines.
    I think the very essence of being a professional & able to make a living in a corporate environment is not make any matter into sth personal. If who went to whose wedding and who said what 10 years ago is going to be a factor, then nothing will ever progress. Specially when the pool of top coaches who can do the job is fairly small.

    I work for a well-known institution with 100k employees. From day one they always say "stand your ground in meetings/calls and be tough, but never make it personal because you never know who your next boss will be".

    I totally understand that when these guys were players, they were just a bunch of young knuckleheads who said anything. Not much different than a teenager really. But once you become a career coach in your late 40s, whom I believe Conte to be, your mindset is a different one. You're capable to put that whole history behind you and go work with your rivals, because you are a different person.

    Same reason Zanetti for example would never go coach Juve, or Totti Lazio, because they ain't in that career coach mindset and just club legends. But imo Conte let his playing past go, at the latest when he took over the Italian NT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armes View Post
    Had Mazzarri been on the bench today, losing a game from 1-0 to 2-1 against Stramaccioni and Deki, he'd be photoshopped, graffittied and put on every forum urinal for the especially unwatchable second half, stupid and snail subs, tactical idiocy etc.


  5. #565
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    16,870
    Thanked
    11,963 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    Did I make a mistake? Last 5 club seasons for each:

    My bad

  6. #566
    Adriano@10's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 May 04
    Posts
    6,255
    Thanked
    4,299 times
    Fav. Player
    Oba



    24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    But that would be going against his own club. I understand its disgusting, but you cannot expect the manager who has to keep his club completely together and focused to clearly go against what the club is saying.
    I think it would be possible to not lie and not go against your club, then again it s jube so maybe lying is required.

    Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    By the way, you mentioned that Mourinho has the better record, but if you compare the last 5 club seasons of the two, Conte has the better record:


    Conte
    Chelsea: 72-19-23, 63%
    Juventus: 100-34-15, 67%
    Total: 172-53-38, 65%
    2017-18 FA Cup, 2016-17 Premier League, 201314 Serie A, 201213 Serie A, 201112 Serie A

    Champions League
    2012-13: Quarterfinals
    2013-14: Group Stage
    2016-17: Round of 16

    Mourinho
    Manchester United: 83-31-27, 59%
    Chelsea: 45-18-14, 58%
    Total: 128-49-41, 59%
    2016-17 Europa League, 201617 EFL Cup, 2014-15 Premier League, 2014-15 League Cup

    Champions League
    2014-15: Round of 16
    2017-18: Round of 16

    I would love to have Mourinho and it would be easier to stomach than having Conte, but at this point in time, I actually think Conte is the safer and better option.
    I know that but i was talking about the overall record where mou is way better.

    Plus imho the cl is the hardest to win and Mou won two of them vs contes grand total of 0 .

    Btw i never denied that conte is a good coach i just know that it s gonna be very hard to stomach seeing this guy coaching us and i dont get why other interistas are ok with it. But thats my problem and i ll have to somehow deal with it when it comes to that.

    I also think that interistas will turn on him very fast if results dont go our ways which certainly wont help.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

    #Fuck Conte

  7. #567
    DARi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Mar 07
    Posts
    6,827
    Thanked
    5,303 times
    Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

    Romania

    55 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    And they have no sense of history or pride. Lets win at all costs and turn this mother fucker into a cheating/doping mafia connected club just like jube.
    Lets ignore the fact that this guy publicly shat on inter more often then wanda. Lets ignore that he was involved in betting scandals and doping scandals.
    Lets ignore that he never really acknowledged that calciopoli was a thing or that he on numerous occasions inflated the amount of scudettos jube won.

    It s also not like moggi attended his fucken marriage ceremony in 2013, how many more proves do you need that he s a dirty motherfucker and more likely than not thinks moggi is a cool guy. In case you need prove here s a vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG_bpknls-0.
    I hate juBentus at least as much as you do, but taking the ex-NT coach would not turn us into juBentus and would not put us in bad light. This will never happen, no matter how hard gobbi would
    would try to project this on us. You know why? Because the fish starts to rot from its head

    So what if they attended his wedding LOL? Isn`t that normal, to have colleagues and collaborators attending the "biggest moment in your life"? Most probably there were a lot of people attending anyway..

    Here, same year 2013:

    Translation in short: while at juBentus he stated that "Me training Inter one day? Never say never! I will be INTER`s #1 fan if I ever get to coach INTER. I will do everything possible for my squad to win. I am a professional."
    I believe he has a lot to prove to Agnelli, just like Marotta. Both of them separated on ugly terms and I think they want to take revenge.
    NULLA IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE


  8. #568
    Adriano@10's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 May 04
    Posts
    6,255
    Thanked
    4,299 times
    Fav. Player
    Oba



    24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    I think the very essence of being a professional & able to make a living in a corporate environment is not make any matter into sth personal. If who went to whose wedding and who said what 10 years ago is going to be a factor, then nothing will ever progress. Specially when the pool of top coaches who can do the job is fairly small.
    I agree but he was not professional when he said those things at jube so why should he act professional now, and i m talking about when he was a coach.
    Also most companies also hire people who fit the corporate profile of the company and the companies mentality and behavior as well as the companies VALUES!
    Conte and Jube represent the exact opposite of our Values and our mentality so yes imho it should be a no go if your buddies with a guy who is responsible for fucken calciopoli, because clearly you dont share the same values as the club/company does.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    I work for a well-known institution with 100k employees. From day one they always say "stand your ground in meetings/calls and be tough, but never make it personal because you never know who your next boss will be".

    I totally understand that when these guys were players, they were just a bunch of young knuckleheads who said anything. Not much different than a teenager really. But once you become a career coach in your late 40s, whom I believe Conte to be, your mindset is a different one. You're capable to put that whole history behind you and go work with your rivals, because you are a different person.

    Same reason Zanetti for example would never go coach Juve, or Totti Lazio, because they ain't in that career coach mindset.
    I think thats bs and it s not only about what he said as a player but also as a coach and it s not only about what he said but what he was involved in. SO your involved in like 3 huge scandals and supposedly your just a bystander who knew nothing common your scummy scum.

    Last but not least i m certain Facchetti will turn in his grave the moment we appoint Conte just like i m certain that we d never hire a guy like conte at Inter if facchetti still had a say.

    But it s all good i guess i ll have to live with the fact that pride and history dont mean anything anymore in todays football.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

    #Fuck Conte

  9. #569
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    16,870
    Thanked
    11,963 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    Because the fish starts to rot from its head
    Why do we all Balkanites use this stupid Ottoman factless saying?

  10. #570
    YoramG's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 May 13
    Posts
    2,507
    Thanked
    4,479 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    Italy

    I must be blind and can't find the message to quote it, but whoever said that a footballer is a very different person from who they are now that they're coaching is spot on.

    They have living proof of it in Gattuso; that guy would literally have eaten you on the football pitch, but now that he's coaching he's pontificating about the impact of social media in press conferences (hyperbole, but you get what I'm saying).

    Ancelotti is a big AC Milan man, would people have similar issues if he were to coach us? He's obviously not the bandiera Conte was for Juventus, but still.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

  11. Thanks (1): Lionheart

  12. #571
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    16,870
    Thanked
    11,963 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    Ancelotti is a big AC Milan man, would people have similar issues if he were to coach us? He's obviously not the bandiera Conte was for Juventus, but still.
    People who view Milan as anywhere near as heated as our relationship is with Juventus fall under the same category that Adriano mentioned above.

    People welcomed Leonardo, why not Ancelotti? Fuck, I'd welcome Maldini even. Just not fucking Ambrosini.

  13. #572
    ADRossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 10
    Posts
    10,309
    Thanked
    21,110 times

    Netherlands

    94
    Valid reasons to disapprove of hiring Conte:
    • His player evaluation skills are suspect at best
    • He always ends up burning bridges and having short stays at clubs
    • We're committing a ridiculously large amount of money to him that would be better spent on the transfer market
    • We don't have players who suit his style of play currently in our squad
    • You would prefer Mourinho or Sarri if they were available/willing to come here


    Invalid reasons for disapproving of hiring Conte:

    • You're convinced he's a Juve double-agent.

  14. Thanks (5): DARi0, M.Adnan, MVD, Stefan, Wings

  15. #573
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    16,870
    Thanked
    11,963 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Another valid reason:
    - He's a Juventus legend, in the bad way.

    Doesn't have to be a "double agent", he's just not welcome here. Just like you're not going to hire someone to work inside your home when he's been throwing rocks at it for 20 years. It's not that you expect him to keep throwing rocks at it, you just don't fucking like him!

  16. Thanks (4): Adriano@10, firmino, GenDire, _OC_

  17. #574
    ForzaNerazzurro's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Jan 15
    Posts
    1,199
    Thanked
    2,085 times
    Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio
    Old name
    ForzaKovacic

    Egypt

    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Just like you're not going to hire someone to work inside your home when he's been throwing rocks at it for 20 years. It's not that you expect him to keep throwing rocks at it, you just don't fucking like him!
    That's a very... oddly specific analogy.
    A good performance, I dont know if we are talking about one point gained or two points lost. But the team did what it had to do."
    Luciano Spalletti on Udinese(17th) - Inter 0 - 0

    "We were playing well, and then it started to rain."
    -Walter Mazzarri

  18. #575
    YoramG's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 May 13
    Posts
    2,507
    Thanked
    4,479 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    Italy

    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    People welcomed Leonardo, why not Ancelotti? Fuck, I'd welcome Maldini even. Just not fucking Ambrosini.
    Regardless of where people stand on Conte, it's nice that we can all come together over how much of a twat Ambrosini is.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

  19. #576
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    16,870
    Thanked
    11,963 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    Regardless of where people stand on Conte, it's nice that we can all come together over how much of a twat Ambrosini is.
    It'd be nicer to have him as our assistant now that we're welcoming rival motherfuckers. I love how "professional" he looks at the panel. Very insightful, we could use his knowledge.

    De Rossi il nuovo capitano as well.

  20. Thanks (1): ForzaNerazzurro

  21. #577
    vitomins's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Apr 09
    Posts
    12,567
    Thanked
    6,278 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    United States

    86 FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    I think it would be possible to not lie and not go against your club, then again it s jube so maybe lying is required.


    I know that but i was talking about the overall record where mou is way better.

    Plus imho the cl is the hardest to win and Mou won two of them vs contes grand total of 0 .

    Btw i never denied that conte is a good coach i just know that it s gonna be very hard to stomach seeing this guy coaching us and i dont get why other interistas are ok with it. But thats my problem and i ll have to somehow deal with it when it comes to that.

    I also think that interistas will turn on him very fast if results dont go our ways which certainly wont help.

    CL is hard, but it is also a competition where lesser managers have been able to win it.

    - Rafa Benitez
    - Luis Enrique
    - Roberto Di Matteo
    - Frank Rijkaard

    Even Zidane has to prove himself outside of this competition.

    I think you are less likely to find this level of manager winning a large amount of league titles in the major 3-4 leagues. You of course will have your random one offs like Ranieri with Leicester, but it seems to happen way less.
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    This season is unfortunately a 5 season setback. We were 1.5 mercato away from becoming a top team, now won't really have expectations of winning an important trophy until 2025.


  22. #578
    Adriano@10's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 May 04
    Posts
    6,255
    Thanked
    4,299 times
    Fav. Player
    Oba



    24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    CL is hard, but it is also a competition where lesser managers have been able to win it.

    - Rafa Benitez
    - Luis Enrique
    - Roberto Di Matteo
    - Frank Rijkaard

    Even Zidane has to prove himself outside of this competition.

    I think you are less likely to find this level of manager winning a large amount of league titles in the major 3-4 leagues. You of course will have your random one offs like Ranieri with Leicester, but it seems to happen way less.
    Thing is mou won it twice and had a couple of semis on top of that i dont think any of the others has that bar zidan and neither of them did it with different teams. On top of that he won every league he ever coached in again i think none of the others can claim that.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

    #Fuck Conte

  23. #579

    Join Date
    02 Apr 18
    Posts
    1,526
    Thanked
    1,877 times

    Kazakhstan

    Best Forum Newcomer
    Momblano keeps repeating that Conte will sign for Juve and they will announce it to Allegri today or tomorrow, and will announce it officially after the Scudetto party. When will that be, btw? Next week or after 26th?
    Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?

    At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

  24. #580
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    11,367
    Thanked
    18,068 times

    Italy

    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicate View Post
    Momblano keeps repeating that Conte will sign for Juve and they will announce it to Allegri today or tomorrow, and will announce it officially after the Scudetto party. When will that be, btw? Next week or after 26th?
    it's the 19th, the day of juventus-atalanta.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

  25. Thanks (1): MVD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •