View Poll Results: Would you support hiring Conte to replace Spalletti?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

57 64.04%
  • No

32 35.96%
Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 263334353637383946 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Conte

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skid Rock View Post
    Oh so having a Milan kinda legend and a many times league champion with Juve - Trapattoni - was not a problem for us, while hiring Conte is?
    Apples and cucumbers.

And please refrain from commenting in such generalizations when you're replying to someone who has said this:
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Btw, for those who will say Trapattoni was some sort of legend for us just because we won a Scudetto, this is a time period where Inter had the best roster in Italy, going head to head against the best Real Madrid team since Di Stefano (and potentially better than any other with the exception of 2002-03)) and Milan ended up winning European Cups whilst we were losing to fucking Malmo and Goteborg and didn't even reach Uefa Cup semis, something we had done twice in a row before him. Sure, he did win and we thank him for that, he was an honest professional (Milanista background) but let's not claim that he was some sort of prodigal son that Juventus lent us.

For some bloody reason we always fuck up against Swedes when we have Juventus managerial influence. Maybe it has something to do with zebra skins and suede or something. Fucking Helsinborg. Let's hope Conte at Inter never faces AIK..
    as for the rest
    I can understand people being mad about it because they don't consider Conte a strong coach. But those who have a problem with him being a Juve ex captain and coach - please give me a fucking brake.

As long as this guy builds a strong squad and wins us the league I don't give a flying fuck about how many scudettos he thinks Juve or Inter have. Will he do that is a different story but people thinking that his status of being a Juventino - stop being kids already. It's football, people do it for money, colors only mean something to you, but to most players or coaches they mean shit.
    He's neither a strong coach, nor should he be welcome at Inter due to his Juventus past. It's not like he's Diego, Krasic or Zalayeta who just signed a piece of paper and used the Juventus facilities for a couple of years and got paid to wear their convict clothes. This guy was the doping and Calciopoli captain. Do you even understand this???
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Milan is nowhere the big 3. The Big 3 should be Napoli, Inter and Juve. And if Napoli isn't in the big 3, then if we don't beat Napoli this weekend, we aren't in the big 3 either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Cómi

United States

Why bring a manager who will change the style of play yet again? Can't the higher ups (should be the sporting director making this decision, really) pick either counter attacking or possession or fucking anything and implement it across board? Constant changes, constant disappointment.
    "If I have to slap a Uruguayan in the face, I will." - Felipe Melo

4. Thanks (3): sanand1, wera, _OC_

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio
    Old name
    ForzaKovacic

Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by Cómi View Post
    Why bring a manager who will change the style of play yet again? Can't the higher ups (should be the sporting director making this decision, really) pick either counter attacking or possession or fucking anything and implement it across board? Constant changes, constant disappointment.
    We have a style of play?

- - - Updated - - -

Marotta, Conte and Barzagli. RuBinter era
    “A good performance, I don’t know if we are talking about one point gained or two points lost. But the team did what it had to do."
    Luciano Spalletti on Udinese(17th) - Inter 0 - 0

"We were playing well, and then it started to rain."
    -Walter Mazzarri

6. Thanks (3): Big Willy, Maslany, MVD

Colombia

Fire Zanetti and get Nedved while we're at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    All Inter fans are balding, unemployable losers. Some have latent homosexual tendencies.

Fav. Player
    Matrix, Recoba

Russian Federation

He's neither a strong coach, nor should he be welcome at Inter due to his Juventus past. It's not like he's Diego, Krasic or Zalayeta who just signed a piece of paper and used the Juventus facilities for a couple of years and got paid to wear their convict clothes. This guy was the doping and Calciopoli captain. Do you even understand this???
    Yes, I do, and I don’t care. It’s football. It’s a game where 22 rich people run for one ball trying to score against each other. I watch it for entertainment. I do have certain team preferences and dislike some other teams, including Juventus, yet that is not something I would really care about, let alone get pissed off about.

For me, the result and the game quality matter more than anything else. Team colors, history and all that - it’s all romantic and great, but there’s also such thing as being a professional, and that is what I value much more than anything else. If Conte ends up being a success for us - I won’t mind his Juve past even a tiny bit.

9. Thanks (4): andrei, javier_zanetti <3, MVD, wera

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF

This is Balkan mentality at his best. Rest of the World is different I guess. I’m the same, it’s just unnatural to see those faces at Inter.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

11. Thanks (2): Il Drago, InterFCAustin

Fav. Player
    javier zanetti

Israel

Oriali returning is a good thing, this guy has major part in our golden era 2006-2010.

With Marotta, Oriali, Zanetti and Conte, i hope we’ll change our mentality and be winning team again.

13. Thanks (2): bjwam4, thatdude

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Yes, I do, and I don’t care. It’s football. It’s a game where 22 rich people run for one ball trying to score against each other. I watch it for entertainment. I do have certain team preferences and dislike some other teams, including Juventus, yet that is not something I would really care about, let alone get pissed off about.

For me, the result and the game quality matter more than anything else. Team colors, history and all that - it’s all romantic and great, but there’s also such thing as being a professional, and that is what I value much more than anything else. If Conte ends up being a success for us - I won’t mind his Juve past even a tiny bit.
    Like in Friends of Voltaire :"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". Brehme is the guy, who, unfortunately,is the complete opposite,he likes to impose his own sense of being a true Inter fan to others. Pure arrogance, which is a sin in my book.

I myself don't wanna see Conte as our coach, even though he is a professional, but I like your thoughts and your way of thinking.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

15. Thanks (1): InterFCAustin

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Delicate,

Brehme is actually soft version of Balkan man. If you had that discussion in Bar or stadium (at Balkan) it would go from “shut up you stupid mothefucker” to punching in the face.

We will need another 50 years to catch rest of civilization but we’re gettin there.

P.S: you would probably hear “I’ll fuck you and Voltiere if you say something stupid like that again “

Cultural differences I guess.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Greece

First of all, you've picked the wrong hobby if you think this is pure entertainment. Football is a cultural thing ingrained in society, it's not just "22 rich men chasing a ball". And a place dedicated for Inter fans is where you'd expect Interism to be expressed. And in that aspect, Conte and any other Juventino scum is not welcome under any circumstances. But let's ignore that for the sake of ignoring it...

So you value professionalism, but "you know and don't care" about Conte being the captain of a DOPING, CHEATING and MATCH FIXING team???? Is that professional enough for you? The guy who was also personally involved in match fixing? The guy who was banned for 4 months from the stands because of betting scandals, not as a Juventus captain but as a "professional" manager according to you? Is that professional enough?

Geez, I don't even know why I bother but it seems that there's lots of you here who have no idea of what Inter is, what Juventus is, what football is.... Forza RubInter, result is the only thing that matters

But seriously, even if you don't like this "irrational" anti-Conte establishment, please do tell us what Conte brings to the table in the football dimension only. Because I haven't seen any post other than some videos that I think most people ignored (and they don't really say anything commendable or translatable to Inter) that says "Conte is the right man for the job".

Please, tell us why Conte is the right man for the job. Because all I've seen is people not wanting Spalletti and hating on Mourinho just to defend fucking Conte of all people and the best argument I've seen is "Marotta wants him"!

Conte uomo di merda

18. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Italy

Conte is a good coach, I dare say a very good one. Working at juventus has helped him under certain points of view, so to speak, but both there and at chelsea won the title when they weren't exactly the favourite. And his job for the Azzurri also yielded better results than what you could expect, given the players.

I still would not want him, because he is a juventino from head to toe. And there is Mou available at that.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

20. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, MVD

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan View Post
    Delicate,

Brehme is actually soft version of Balkan man. If you had that discussion in Bar or stadium (at Balkan) it would go from “shut up you stupid mothefucker” to punching in the face.

We will need another 50 years to catch rest of civilization but we’re gettin there.

P.S: you would probably hear “I’ll fuck you and Voltiere if you say something stupid like that again “

Cultural differences I guess.
    Cultural differences? Tbh, I've spent my childhood (90s) in the ex-USSR republic in times of shambles,poverty and crisis so it's not that we had noble gentlemen out there. And I know Russian (which isn't far from Balkan Slavic culture,or I dare to say it's actually nearly the same) culture and those people in bars very well. That being said, I still don't think that it's right for Interista to impose their sense of true Interism to others. Everyone can have their opinion and if Skid Rock puts professionalism on top of inter-club rivalry and prejudice-so be it, I respect that opinion and it doesn't make this guy lesser Inter fan than we are.

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Would you marry a gorgeous whore and make her the mother of your kids?
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate View Post
    Cultural differences? Tbh, I've spent my childhood (90s) in the ex-USSR republic in times of shambles,poverty and crisis so it's not that we had noble gentlemen out there. And I know Russian (which isn't far from Balkan Slavic culture,or I dare to say it's actually nearly the same) culture and those people in bars very well. That being said, I still don't think that it's right for Interista to impose their sense of true Interism to others. Everyone can have their opinion and if Skid Rock puts professionalism on top of inter-club rivalry and prejudice-so be it, I respect that opinion and it doesn't make this guy lesser Inter fan than we are.
    How on earth is Conte an example of PROFESSIONALISM? Do you even know what that means? It's not just willing to work for the highest bidder..... That's a whore, not a professional.

Ffs

Conte uomo di merda

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    How on earth is Conte an example of PROFESSIONALISM? Do you even know what that means? It's not just willing to work for the highest bidder..... That's a whore, not a professional.

Ffs
    Man, please learn how to read. I've said that the poster Skid Rock puts professionalism on top of other aspects, not me. For instance,as I understand, Conte winning 4 championships speaks of professionalism to him. Not me, not you, him. I have my own standards.

Please tell me, where in my passage I've even slightly hinted that I see Conte an example of professionalism? No, I don't see him as a professional. Forget about doping, I am just totally suspicious at the guy who has rows with every club management he works for.

Could you please get off your high horse? It compromises your reading comprehension.

And tbh, I am tired of this Conte dispute. If anything, you should lead your crusade towards Suning. They are the employers. it's stupid to ridicule whore, you should ridicule unfaithful husband (Suning) who uses whores' services. Conte is being offered 32 million euro contract- who would reject that?

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

26. Thanks (1): InterFCAustin

Greece

I myself don't wanna see Conte as our coach, even though he is a professional, but I like your thoughts and your way of thinking.
    ok....

Please tell me, where in my passage I've even slightly hinted that I see Conte an example of professionalism? No, I don't see him as a professional. Forget about doping, I am just totally suspicious at the guy who has rows with every club management he works for.

Yeap, that's right.

Conte uomo di merda

Italy

when talking about professionalism (and i'm saying this with the respect for other people's opinions, just to make it clear), we shouldn't forget that even if someone is a true professional, that doesn't mean i should care about it.

let's say conte is 100% professional and can work for Inter as hard as he would for rubentus. still, i don't want him, because of his past.

i was more willing to accept marotta because he simply worked for them, but his personal history isn't linked with them: in his case, you could say that he is not a juventino, he worked for them like he worked for other teams. even before becoming a manager, nothing suggests that there is a link (personal or professional) with juventus.

so, ok, i wasn't enthusiastic about it, but i can deal with it.

conte, on the other hand, is an extremely bitter pill to swallow. he was for many years a member of that cheating team, even the captain for around 5 years. of all the coaches out there, do we have to hire him?

i have no problem in saying that he might even be a great coach. still, i don't care, i don't want him at Inter. if it happens, which is likely, i'll try to deal with it, but i'm not sure i will be able to swallow this pill.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Juve approach Sarri, but Conte...
    By Football Italia staff

Juventus have reportedly contacted Maurizio Sarri’s agent to replace Max Allegri, while Pavel Nedved keeps pushing for Antonio Conte.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport and Sportitalia, the Bianconeri see Sarri as their best option, even though he is under contract at Chelsea until 2021.

There is a long list of names of potential new Coaches, with the likes of Simone Inzaghi, Didier Deschamps, Conte, Jose Mourinho and even Sinisa Mihajlovic linked in recent days.

The current hot name is that of the former Napoli tactician, whose side were the last team to win in the Allianz Stadium in Serie A, 1-0 in April 2018.

Sarri is reportedly seen by sporting director Fabio Paratici and vice-chairman Nedved as someone who could get the best of their attacking talent and develop an attractive style of football.

Roma and Milan have also recently been linked with the 60-year-old tactician, who is preparing for the Europa League Final against local rivals Arsenal at the end of the month.

Meanwhile, multiple sources including La Repubblica and Tuttosport claim vice-president Nedved is pushing for Conte’s return to the club he left five years ago.

It’s believed Nedved is trying desperately to convince President Andrea Agnelli of the Conte plan, at the same time keeping Inter at bay after they agreed personal terms with the former Italy boss.

Nothing has yet been signed, so Conte is thought to be waiting for a sign from Juve.
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

30. Thanks (2): ForzaNerazzurro, MVD

Fav. Player
    Matrix, Recoba

Russian Federation

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    Would you marry a gorgeous whore and make her the mother of your kids?
    What I would definitely never do is come up with something that stupid to try to prove a point in a discussion.

32. Thanks (2): brakbrak, MVD