Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 172425262728 LastLast

Thread: Inter - Roma (20 Apr 19)

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth View Post
    If Torino beat Milan next round they also have a shot at CL
    And if we lose next week they will be just 5 points behind with H2H advantage. Though they still are to play against Lazio and Juve and Torino's attacking group is just totally incompetent so I doubt they are gonna win all the remaining matches even with (by then) unmotivated opposition.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    Yeah it's the same people. If he wanted the draw, he would've played miranda, gagliardini. Joao mario and keita are not defensive players. We never settled and always kept moving forward.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    It doesn't really matter if Keita and Mario are "offensive" players. (Offensive to watch in particular)

He took off a forward and added an extra body in midfield. The way that plays out on the pitch (for us) is a reduced attacking capability. The result is that once again our attack becomes static and stagnant and our one forward in the box is isolated again.

It's not like people wanted Spalletti to take off Skriniar for Keita or anything. Merely leaving Lautaro on and continuing with our 442 would have sufficed. Our best period in the match was in and around the time we equalized, playing with two strikers. Roma looked completely spent and we appeared able to comfortably handle whatever threat Roma had left. Surely you didn't feel like they presented much threat during the 55-75th minute period? If anything, Roma got more confident in the last part of the match due to us only playing with one forward, easily marked and nullified, plus Mario losing balls all over the place. I'd point to Ranieri bringing on Kluivert and Kolarov leaving the defense to attack towards the end, as evidence of that.

Moreover, I personally felt the team was confident in their ability to slowly work towards a second goal had we kept both forwards on the pitch.

But like I said, the formation change completely compromised all that.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0t...fEOVJgA/videos

More dropped points imo. Anyway try and have a happy easter. We will scrap UCL by pure default, let's pray that isn't enough to keep Spallo. Ciao.
    CAMPIONEDIEUROPA2010

2005-2010<3

4. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    let's try and survive these remaining 5 matches, then hopefully marotta will look for a new coach.
    I even dont know which coach we can bring.This stories about Conte and Mourinho makes me sick.Would be same old shit.They both seems washed and boring this days.I dont want either here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyad View Post
    After the N9 debacle the coach should shut the fuck up when it comes to names. Just mention where he needs upgrades and let morata get the names necessary.

Enough with bringing buddies who are past it here. Spallo isn’t the only coach to be guilty of this, as even Mou and Mancini were like that. We are better off with finding the best possible player available for the position. Last year it was Rafi and Cancello
    Exactly.

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Lautaro didn't play for a while...expecting him 90 mins on...common,but yeah I'm talking with master tacticians here...and I'm just a noob...who defends Spalletti no matter what.

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by andrei View Post
    In defense of J. Mario, Keita and earlier this season Gagliardini. These are players who didn't play in weeks or even months. Maybe they need a few games or more than 15 minutes to start playing something.
    I remember Mario after he started playing he had a string of good games (Udinese, Napoli). What made Spallo? Frozed him.
    Should have kept him frozed if you ask me

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio
    Old name
    ForzaKovacic

Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by Ziyad View Post
    We are better off with finding the best possible player available for the position. Last year it was Rafi and Cancello
    Every time I remember Rafinha I want to cry. Where are you now Rafi, we should've never let you go </3
    “A good performance, I don’t know if we are talking about one point gained or two points lost. But the team did what it had to do."
    Luciano Spalletti on Udinese(17th) - Inter 0 - 0

"We were playing well, and then it started to rain."
    -Walter Mazzarri

10. Thanks (5): eduzee, Howl, Maslany, Rain, wera

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti
    Old name
    Natasha

Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaNerazzurro View Post
    Every time I remember Rafinha I want to cry. Where are you now Rafi, we should've never let you go </3
    And when i remember that fucking Radja plays in that position now, i cry even more...
    I met Zanetti, you suckers!

12. Thanks (2): ForzaNerazzurro, rfU

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    It doesn't really matter if Keita and Mario are "offensive" players. (Offensive to watch in particular)

He took off a forward and added an extra body in midfield. The way that plays out on the pitch (for us) is a reduced attacking capability. The result is that once again our attack becomes static and stagnant and our one forward in the box is isolated again.

It's not like people wanted Spalletti to take off Skriniar for Keita or anything. Merely leaving Lautaro on and continuing with our 442 would have sufficed. Our best period in the match was in and around the time we equalized, playing with two strikers. Roma looked completely spent and we appeared able to comfortably handle whatever threat Roma had left. Surely you didn't feel like they presented much threat during the 55-75th minute period? If anything, Roma got more confident in the last part of the match due to us only playing with one forward, easily marked and nullified, plus Mario losing balls all over the place. I'd point to Ranieri bringing on Kluivert and Kolarov leaving the defense to attack towards the end, as evidence of that.

Moreover, I personally felt the team was confident in their ability to slowly work towards a second goal had we kept both forwards on the pitch.

But like I said, the formation change completely compromised all that.
    I thought it was a shit move, but I think it was because lautaro was tiring and Valero needing some support in the middle to avoid a counter

14. Thanks (1): rfU

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Where he is?Treating his anterior cruciate ligament? That's the hard truth, it's either an unmotivated drunktard or the man with glass knees.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

16. Thanks (5): chipschups, Linege, n4l, phonk, SiamoNoi

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    I thought it was a shit move, but I think it was because lautaro was tiring and Valero needing some support in the middle to avoid a counter

and by the way it worked like a charm!
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

18. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Well Joao Mario didn’t exactly do everything wrong, he held onto the ball once against 3 defensive opponents and completely freed Perisic down the left to put in a low cross. This was around infinitely more involved than Nainggolan ever was in the attaching phase of this game.

So completely skill-less is a bit of a dramatic talk.

I would say Mario is usually one of the better passer of the midfielders, so for him to miss 80% of his passes was a bit of an outlier of his average performance.
    Wallace

20. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, Linege, phonk

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Safe guess says an operating room.

22. Thanks (1): Irequis

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    If Lautaro had to go off, put Keita in his place up front.

If Politano had to go off, just put fucking Candreva on. And even Mario could play for 10 minutes as a right winger.

We were disastrous with the 4231/433 and we resurrected Roma once we switched back to it. We gave them more room to attack us as they had less players to worry about at the back and they needed more than 1 pt here.

Aaland

Okay good point then.We wont sprint but crawl to the UCL.I wish i could blame the coach but these players arent too bright and special and to be honest id rather take 1 point than none and we play like we deserve none at times.Very disjointed.Lets hope we have a stellar summer mercato or boy are we phucked.

The limits of the coach and our players in midfield and out wide are clear.But are Suning willing to address them is the real question.

Fav. Player
    Škriniar

Italy

The fact that our best (only) hope of unlocking a defence is taking a quick throw-in speaks volumes about our lack of a credible game plan. We didn't play well, yet we had Roma on the ropes the whole second half. Pity we are so clueless in the final third. Anyway, this must be the most pathetic top-four race ever. What a shitfest! I can't wait for this season to be over; watching this weekly displays of utter incompetence is becoming a chore.

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Guz View Post
    The fact that our best (only) hope of unlocking a defence is taking a quick throw-in speaks volumes
    Honestly, IMHO it speaks volumes to me too.

Perhaps we would have more success forming a male netball team.

If we can convert our current squad to play netball, perhaps triplete won’t be a dream anymore. We would be the first team to win triplete twice in a decade.

Not to mention there is not any need to dribble with the ball in netball, it’s all about off the ball movement. So a couple of our players can probably compete for ballon d’or in that field too.
    Wallace

27. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, Nyall

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I don't know about you guys but I was pretty happy with the performance except some parts of the second half.

When Icardi came on we were completely dominant and we had most of the possession and most of the chances, kind of makes you think how far we have come (or how far Roma have dropped) that we are finally outplaying them and are 6.5 points (counting direct matches) ahead of them with 5 games to go.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

Canada

Draw was fair. We were not impressive but Roma went too deep and looked like they settled for the draw at the end as well.

Taking advantage of Florenzi's defensive weakness at defending crosses was always going to come into play - Juve often use this tactic with Mandzukic attacking the opposing fullbacks.

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    Draw was fair. We were not impressive but Roma went too deep and looked like they settled for the draw at the end as well.
    Typical Ranieri approach.
    Wallace

31. Thanks (1): n4l